2822 N. Henderson Ave.
Dallas, TX 75206Neighborhood:
Knox / Henderson
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.almadallas.com/
- Phone: 2148272820
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Private Party Facilities: Vue caters to groups from 5 to 250 guests with special menus, special a/v equipment & extensive attention to detail.
A word from Alma
We regret to inform you that Alma has closed as of Sunday, October 9, 2011.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Alma reviews from OpenTable diners
- Wonderful meal. ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/8/2011Wonderful meal. Service was top-notch, friendly, helpful, not doting. The food was over the top delicious. The scallops and pork (Cochinitas) entrees were creative, well executed and totally different from the normal fare. The pork bellies and scallops were a great combination. The roasting juices plus sweet pepper sauce on the pork was seriously savory. For desert we had the Budin de Pan (bread pudding). We're going back again just to try that one again. I am on a mission to figure out how they did it.Special Features:
- Good food and excellent serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/1/2011Good food and excellent service it is kind of loud so not really for a romantic dinnerSpecial Features:
- Great food, great patio, andMSDackoDined on 9/30/2011Great food, great patio, and an accommodating staff are all part of this restaurant.Special Features:
- Superb MenuOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/24/2011From the moment we arrived the staff was extremely courteous and friendly. We reserved a table through Open Table which was perfect. Our table wasn't quite ready yet so we sat at the bar for a few minutes and the bartendar downstairs was great. We didn't have to wait at all to long. Once we did get our table the waiter was extremely quick and responsive and made very good recommendations on the food and drink list. Try the Sopas appetizer. I will definitley be going back and would recommend this restaurant to others.Special Features:
- Great authentic Mexican !DickVIPDined on 9/17/2011We had a party of six and we all ordered something different and we all loved the entrees, the appetizers, and the hand made drinks ( margaritas) are outstanding. You must have the street corn!Special Features:
- Great restaurant with uniqueMeatloafVIPDined on 9/9/2011Great restaurant with unique menu. Not tex mex! Fun drink menu too.Special Features:
- Some of the freshest, mostOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/2/2011Some of the freshest, most creative and flavorful Mexican food we have experienced in Dallas! It was topped off with impeccable service! Will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Loved the culinary experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/30/2011Loved the culinary experience once again! The atmosphere was very quiet and nice. We sat upstairs and would do it again, since it was more serene and accessable to conversation with my guests. Thanks again!Special Features:
- Good food, Great cocktails!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/20/2011Great bar/restaurant. Based on previous reviews I tried the street corn and it was fabulous! We shared an order of tres ceviche and it was just ok, not the best. I tried three different cocktails and they were all extremely good!! Service was very good on a busy Saturday night. I will definitely go back!Special Features:
- Fantastic food and service.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/20/2011Fantastic food and service. Will absolutely be back. Glad we made an early reservation (7pm) as it got a bit too "see-and-be-seen" for my taste as the evening progressed. 7pm was the perfect time if you want to talk, connect, and simply enjoy an outstanding meal. Go later if you're looking for the beautiful crowd - they'll certainly make an appearance.Special Features:
- Everything was great fromOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/19/2011Everything was great from the moment we arrived. The downstairs bartender was INCREDIBLE (Robert)!!!! We waited a while longer then I thought we should seeing as we did have a reservation at 830pm, and didn't get seated til almost 930. I am not sure if the hostesses see the comments I had put in when I reserved the table. We were celebrating a birthday and no one mentioned it :-( I really really enjoyed the food. Was a bit tight while we were eating. (I got bumped by the guy behind me trying to get up) Overall we had a great night!!!Special Features:
- Forty minutes late honoringOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/17/2011Forty minutes late honoring an open table reservation, otherwise ok.
- It was okay, not sure thatJdallasVIPDined on 8/15/2011It was okay, not sure that there was anything that would bring me back. The corn side dish was to die for however.Special Features:
- Great food, great service,TurtleVIPDined on 8/13/2011Great food, great service, great time! We had a gluten free diner in our party and the wait staff and restaurant was really accomodating. The food was amazing, and the vibe in the restaurant is really upbeat and fun.Special Features:
- Attentive service, creativeOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/12/2011Attentive service, creative cocktail menu, generous & delicious albondigas appetizer, EXCELLENT entrées. Chocoflan dessert ... a surprising divergence from traditional flan presentation. All 4 of us are looking forward to a return visit.Special Features:
- Restaurant admired by other chefs..OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/11/2011This wonderful restaurant reminds us of fine dining in Mexico. On our second visit, chance had us sitting next to a table with a competing chef from another excellent restaurant,and he was highly complimentary as well.Special Features:
- great food, great drinks andOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/30/2011great food, great drinks and very attentive servicelove the makeover from Cuba LibraThe decor is sleek, simple and good lookingSpecial Features:
- Not Your Typical Mexican RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/29/2011Loved this place. If you are expecting standard Mexican food, go elsewhere. They have several versions of cerviche. We had the watermelon, cucumber tuna cerviche. AWEsome! We are not even Cerviche fans, but this rocked. We will order it again when we return. Make sure to order the street corn side dish. You will want one order all to yourself. Don't be put off by the mayonaise in it. It is not a "creamy dish". Our main courses were the Seared Tuna and the Chicken Al Carbon. Excellent choices as well. Corn tortillas, although not our favorite food, were REALLY good. Don't know what they do to them but they rocked. Signature drinks-pricey and a bit too exotic for us. Service is top notch. Go to this place. you wont regret it.Special Features:
- excellent overall rating givenspringerVIPDined on 7/27/2011excellent overall rating given due to excellent service. food was very good, but not great. will return to try other items on menu.
- Mahi Mahi Veracruz is my newOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/23/2011Mahi Mahi Veracruz is my new favorite dish. Everything was wonderful, will definitely go again. Server was friendly and attentive.Special Features:
- Alma is a funky but fun diversionOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/20/2011Alma is a funky but fun diversion from the typical tex-mex option that offers a variety of different dishes that all appeal. The white sangria is heavenly, and the guacamole is some of the best I have ever had. Service was attentive and light and the tuna ceviche was amazing.Special Features:
- Alma excels at a very innovativetex099Dined on 7/17/2011Alma excels at a very innovative menu and fantastic customer service. There is nothing like it in the DFW area!Special Features:
- inventive menu that offersAKDallasDined on 7/17/2011inventive menu that offers choices for all types of palates; nice selection of Latino/Spanish wines; difficult to talk because of the noise levelSpecial Features:
- Great Drinks, Great Food,OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/16/2011Great Drinks, Great Food, Outstanding Service. Great true Mexican Food (not Tex-Mex YEAH) will be backSpecial Features:
- The food was very good. WeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/15/2011The food was very good. We had the tacos de camarones, enchilada rojo, ensalada del chef, the street corn, the chips and salsa and the torta. The torta special was the best of the dishes we tried. Truly amazing. The street corn was really sweet and the street snacks could have been spicier but we enjoyed everything. The wait staff was very nice and attentive without rushing us. Would recommend.
- Food was excellent, interestingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/15/2011Food was excellent, interesting and different. Walk ins were being turned away so we were very glad we had made a reservation.....and Open Table worked like a charm. So much easier than trying to call the restaurant. Our only complaint would be the noise level...it was very difficult to carry on a conversation across the table. Will try for lunch very soon.Special Features:
- The only problem was the noiseOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/15/2011The only problem was the noise level.Could not hear my friends speaking that were sitting right across from me.
- Mediocre experience-unfortunate.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/14/2011Service was interruptive and a bit on the abrasive side. Margaritas were fresh but lacked flavor and were quite short on the tequila. Appetizer Queso Faundito was salty and greasy as were the brisket enchiladas. Brisket was a salty greasy mess on top of the enchilada filled with something-not meat. Chips and salsa had to be requested. Odd. Ordered 2 desserts, 1 regular coffee and 1 decaf. Only 1 dessert was brought out and we were informed they were out of regular coffee. Service overall was lacking--very rushed.
- Everything was delicious fromOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/12/2011Everything was delicious from our appetizer, drinks to our dessert! We each ordered different things and loved it all. Alma is different than your typical Mexican restaurant but in a good way.Special Features:
- Bar was quite good, made ourOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/9/2011Bar was quite good, made our waiting for our table quite enjoyable.Special Features:
- Service was great but foodMikeVIPDined on 7/9/2011Service was great but food was very disappointing.
- It isn't Tex-Mex, it's betterOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/8/2011If you have a hankerin' for Tex-Mex with piles of cheese and shredded lettuce, sour cream enchiladas and baskets of chips and salsa head across the freeway to Chuy's. Alma isn't for you. If you appreciate authentic Mexican food prepared creatively with premium ingredients Alma is a great choice. This chef driven menu offers an abundance of flavors beautifully prepared. Service was excellent and Hugo is a gracious, welcoming host. My only complaint was the noise level. With bars upstairs and down there was no way to escape the din making conversation difficult. I'd go back, maybe not on the weekend.Special Features:
- INCREDIBLE food and wonderfulSarahDined on 7/8/2011INCREDIBLE food and wonderful drinks. A welcome and refreshing change to the Mexican food scene. A little noisy, but worth it. The staff is nice and accomodating.Special Features:
- I have been hearing greatOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/6/2011I have been hearing great things about Alma for a while and I finally went and it met all of my expectation. The margaritas aren't too sweet, but just right. The food presentation is something to take notice and everything was delicious. But one thing stuck out the most, Pedro, our server. I cannot rave about him enough. He was very attentive, charming, and made great suggestions. I cannot rave enough about him and his service.Special Features:
- AverageOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/1/2011Food was average, focused more on presentation than quality. Our food came out two minutes after we ordered which was a bit intense. We would have liked to of relaxed a little more and ordered another drink instead of being rushed out the door. Overall, average experience. I can think of many other places I'd rather go.
- It is understandable thatOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/25/2011It is understandable that Saturday night would be busy. However, I still had to wait almost an hour even after making reservations and showing up a 10 minutes early. If this is the case, why bother taking reservations if the place can't even seat me within a reasonable time? Lesson learned. I might as well just show up without reservations in the future IF I plan to dine here again. This is why I gave this 2 stars. My waiter was actually good and attentive.
- Food and service was good.GarboDined on 6/25/2011Food and service was good. We had 8:15 reservations and had to go ask twice when we would be seated. Got seated at 8:55. Was not happy and we had other places to go. The Manager did try to make it up to us by giving us a free dessert. we certainly appreaciated it. It is very noisy if you want to try and carry on a conversation but over all it was okay.Special Features:
- Best mexican food in DallasOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/24/2011Food, service, and ambiance were all excellent. Our waiter was very friendly and knowledgeable about the menu. We especially appreciated his honesty when recommending a few plates we should avoid. The setting was great -- loud but not so that can't carry on a conversation. Good energy to the dining area. The food was a bit pricey, but well worth it in my opinion. I will defenitely be going back!Special Features:
- I would eat here again...Pro's:OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/24/2011I would eat here again...Pro's: Food, drinks, Pedro...I did not feel rushed at all. Con's: the tables are a bit close together, not a huge problem in the grand scheme of things.Special Features:
- Overall superb experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/24/2011Everything was superb and one of the overall best dining experiences I have had in awhile in Dallas. Roberto at the bar went the extra mile to make sure we were well taken care of with our drinks and offered us a warm welcome.Special Features: