Gondola Station Saint Sophia c/o 565 Mountain Village BLVD
Telluride, CO 81435Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.allredsrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 9707287474x
- Hours of Operation:
Allred's opens for the 2013-2014 Winter Season Tuesday, November 26th. Open 7 days a week: Allred's Dinner Service from 5pm to 9:30pm daily. Our popular "Apres Ski" begins at 3:30pm daily in the Bar, offering All Night "happy hour" with great food and drink specials every day until 9:30pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private dining room for up to 30 guests overlooking the Town of Telluride 1800 feet below. The private room has exceptional views and a fireplace to create a warm and inviting atmosphere.
- Private Party Contact: Reservations 9707287474x
- Cross Street: Top of the Gondola overlooking Telluride
- Public Transit: Take the free Gondola to Station Saint Sophia, the midway point between Telluride and Mountain Village. Enjoy the spectacular views at 10,551 feet above sea level.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: MOUNTAIN VILLAGE: Free parking is available in the Mountain Village parking structure. Take the short gondola ride to the Mountain Village core and then take the main Gondola line up to Allred's, the midway point between Telluride and Mountain Village.
TELLURIDE: Free parking is available in Telluride's public lot located a short distance west of the Gondola on Pacific Street and metered parking is available throughout the town. (free after 6pm and all day Sundays)
A word from Allred's Restaurant
Telluride's most unique dining experience is Allred's, where culinary excellence, exquisite views and impressive ambiance mesh to create a unique dining experience at 10,551 feet above sea level. Allred's Contemporary American cuisine is available daily for dinner throughout the winter season. The Highlights: Fabulous views of the surrounding mountains and the Town of Telluride 1800 feet below. Creative American Dishes with International Overtones. A Private Dining Room for Gatherings of up to 30 Guests. An award winning wine list. Bar with great views and fireplace.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Allred's Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Telluride ›
Allred's Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
60 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.9Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (58)romantic (42)special occasion (41)fit for foodies (30)notable wine list (26)good for groups (13)vibrant bar scene (11)neighborhood gem (10)hot spot (8)kid-friendly (6)late-night find (2)great for lunch (1)Show More
- A great experienceEnjaykayDined on 8/28/2014loved the place, once we found it - scenic, excellent service, great food! You need to ride the gondola to get to it. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- GREAT!OpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 8/23/2014Had a group of 8. Service was beyond excellent and the food was amazing!!! Manager went to every table and REALLY made sure people were satisfied. I was suspicious that the type of restaurant at the top of the mountain you would "pay" for the view and the food would be average. Food was excellent and prices were no more than what you would pay in town.Special Features:
- Fabulous as alwaysJacksmomVIPDined on 8/22/2014Our dinner was beyond delicious and only rivaled by the breathtaking view complete with a spectacular rainbow to town. Definitely one of our favorite places in Telluride to have dinner!Special Features:
- john handjhfoodieDined on 8/17/2014As per the norm the entire evening g was stellar. Highly recommend the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- this place is a gem!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/17/2014We celebrated our 30th wedding anniversary and wow - was it nice. The staff really made our evening special. And, in addition to such a beautiful location, the food and wine were just as awesome as the views. So, it really was a complete package. I might go so far as to say it was one of our best dining experiences ever.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Evening!annieoDined on 8/8/2014We were pleasantly surprised when we arrived with a window table, which had a to-die-for view of Telluride and the valley below. The service couldn't have been better and everyone in our party of four thought their meal was wonderful. One in our group said it was the best meal he had in Telluride. The general manager came by our table to greet us and visited with us about his home country of Italy. He also made a point of stopping to tell us goodbye when we left. The wine was delicious and the wait-staff was attentive, but not hovering. We thought Allred's might be very pricey because of the fantastic view, but price-wise it was about on par with most restaurants in Telluride. Highly, highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic viewOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/3/2014We had a terrific experience!! Food, service and wine were all terrific! Enjoy this mountain tip experienceSpecial Features:
- Fantastic viewsOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/22/2014Do not miss this outstanding restaurant while in Telluride. The views are spectacular! Ask for a window table. The gondola drops you off right at the door. We had the black cod and the salmon and both were outstanding. Also has a great bar with views.Special Features:
- Great food, snobby wine listTexasBobDined on 7/19/2014The food was great and the wait staff very good. The wine list for a casual evening is very limited or you are into very expensive wines. Plenty of expensive wines for special occasions, not much for an evening out. Sommelier was curt and disinterested when we suggested that we may order by the glass since we had four different tastes in wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- On the topEtnokcDined on 7/18/2014This was an outstanding experience. Our meal was perfect, elk loin cooked to perfection, this restaurant is on top of telluride valley and on top of our list of best of the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014if your ever in telluride, put this on your must do list. unmatched scenery, service and food make for a perfect evening out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't miss this food experience!PickyeaterDined on 7/17/2014One of a few restaurants that was excellent from start to finish. Loved appetizer, main course and dessert. Everything was prepared to order with fresh ingredients that were exciting to the palate as well as a delight to the eye. The view was spectacular and the food only enhanced the amazing evening. I would truly eat here every night if it were possible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our new favorite spot in TellurideLuv2climbDined on 7/15/2014Wow, Fantastic find in Telluride, Table next to the window with an incredible view at 10,000 ft. The meal was worth the money and the service was impeccable! Our host, Mario, made us feel most welcome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice , local spotHelenSVIPDined on 7/15/2014Tried Allred's for the first time. The view is beautiful, and the food was very good. However, service needs some polishing. Upon arrival, we ordered champagne. It took almost 15 minutes for us to get our drinks. Our waiter appeared overwhelmed, though the restaurant was far from full. During our entire meal, he probably only checked on us twice. For the calibar of food served here, they may want to assure their service is just as polished.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely family eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/13/2014WONDERFUL ambience thanks to the exquisite live piano. Great service, very good food and wine. The menu was short, unique and in context. Very family friendly. The maitre inflexible... There were empty tables by the window the whole time we were there and he would not let our family of five move... The view is spectacular.Special Features:
- Last Allreds visit...BBBTFBDined on 7/9/2014Have been many times in past, but will not jump to go back. Change in menu, hard to find something to eat, too contrived dishes; choices slim; some items taken off the menu: veal dish, salmon... prices went WAY up (lamb $49???) Wine list over the top expensive.Special Features:
- Best dining experience in tellurideOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/8/2014Allred's has never disappointed us. It has the best combination of food, service and ambience of any restaurant in Telluride. I might give the food at 221 a slight edge, but no one can beat the room, the view, and the service you find at Allred's. The impressive wine list has been greatly expanded since the winter, adding a number of bottles in the $50-$100 range, as well as some amazing wines if you're in the mood to spend 4 figures on a bottle.Special Features:
- Allreds for Mark and Debbie july 4CajunTelluridiansDined on 7/4/2014Julie, Mario and Brent did and excellent job and we thank them for a beautiful meal that was excellent. Service was excellent and never hurried. Food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Allred's is Outstanding.Foodie2Dined on 7/4/2014Superb view and atmosphere as well as food and service. This was a highlight to our trip to Telluride. Absolutely fabulous!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderfulhard2pleaseDined on 7/3/2014Mario continues to make sure everyone is happy. Service was great...Food tasty...and who can improve on that view?? Another wonderful evening in Telluride.Special Features:
- Good food great view bad barSporaskyVIPDined on 7/2/2014We went for dinner. Table by window and views are spectacular. An hour later we were still on cocktails. Martinis sent back once and then right. But delay was fine as we were in no hurry. Entrees were fine though not overwhelming. However my wife ordered a glass of wine and was brought the wrong one but given the problems with drinks we just let it go. Prices were steep. Server was somewhat flakey but she had too many tables. As with most ski areas it's hard to staff in the summer. Overall not bad and given that we were in no rush to leave it was fine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Allred's ReviewTellDinerDined on 6/29/2014This restaurant is not as good as it used to be. Previously, the restaurant had a number of different steak dishes, as well as some interesting game dishes. The menu has been pared down to about 6-8 entrees now. They only have a small 8 oz tenderloin selection, and no game selection to speak of. They were out of the pork chop. It is simply not a good option for meat lovers. The service when we were there was poor. The waiters seemed overmatched, even though there were a number of empty tables. Perhaps they need to hire more wait staff to help. Overall, it feels as if Allreds is simply catering to one-time tourists who come for the view, rather than trying to be a leader in the Telluride dining market.Special Features:
- Good food, so-so service.DiningDinksVIPDined on 6/29/2014We went here on a recent trip to Telluride and were pretty disappointed in our experience. Overall, the food was good but the service was extremely lacking. I believe what happened is that our waiter got overwhelmed by a large table that came in and it changed his entire personality. We felt ignored and a bother. I think we would definitely go back for drinks since it is such a nice view, but we don't plan on eating a big dinner there again.Special Features:
- Service was mediocrehadhigherexpectationsDined on 6/29/2014The service was not great. The waiter started off by telling us how busy he was and the restaurant only had about 10 tables seated. We ordered wine and was expecting the sommelier to come over and talk to us about the extensive wine list. We noticed that our waiter asked him twice to come over and talk to us, but he seemed to ignore us. We chose to have the house wine made by the sommelier, when it arrived it was not good. It was so overwhelming with alcohol taste that there was nothing else you could taste in the wine. Once we let the waiter know that we could not drink the wine, the sommelier came over and apologized and brought us another type of wine in glasses. The good thing was we did not have to pay for the bottle of wine.Special Features:
- StunningCAB58Dined on 6/29/2014The view from the window is stunning. Looking out over Telluride from top of a peak. The service was very good and for my taste spot on. Good recommendations, good knowledge and just the right amount of service. The food was very good also. Fish done perfect - I had wild Halibut. My wife had chicken. It was the most moist chicken we have ever had at a restaurant. Dessert was cherries jubilee done very well. The cost was 50 to 60 per person not counting bar tab. But you are at 10,500 feet in a resort area where access is via gondola. So recognize this as a value and save up. It is worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No better food and view in the USTellurideFoodieVIPDined on 6/26/2014If you request a window seat you overlook the twinkling town of telluride 1/2 mile below. Food is great and service team led by Mario is surpassed only by the breathtaking views.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingerinVIPDined on 6/24/2014We had a magnificent experience all around at Allreds!Special Features:
- A viewgastroDined on 6/21/2014The San Juan Mt. range is awesome. This is at the top of the mountain, accessed by gondola. Beautiful, ask for a window seat.Special Features:
- Allred's is a Must Do!OnceinaLifetimeExperienceVIPDined on 6/17/2014This is our favorite restaurant in Telluride, and one of our favorites in the world! The view is unparalleled, and the food and service provided by GM Mario and his team are impeccable! Prices are reasonable for their excellent fare; on one visit we enjoyed a prix fixe menu at $33 for entree and dessert.!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 6/5/2014Allred's is like no other restaurant in the world. It sits at an elevation of 1050 feet overlooking beautiful downtown Telluride, Colorado. At sunset, the scene is spectacular and the lights at night are romantic. There is a vibrant happy hour in the piano bar with a Grammy award winning pianist. The food is straight forward and cooked to perfection. The service is professional but friendly. The experience is five star dining.Special Features:
- NickyVIPDined on 5/28/2014Nothing beats the view of Telluride from the windows of this restaurant. I wanted to stay forever, just to grasp the beauty of the area. The food was excellent as well.Special Features:
- TopsyDined on 5/26/2014would be nice to have more gluten-free stuff on the menu. Chef accommodated us, but it took a lot of going back and forth with the waiter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special occasionJRViseDined on 5/25/2014This restaurant is the best in Telluride. Incredible views. Exceptional service and wine list. This is where the stars go. Very expensive, but for special occasions you will not find a better setting or dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 431 reviews are from the Allred's Restaurant reviews archive.
- BreathtakingSDavidsonDined on 3/31/2014We went to Telluride on our honeymoon, and had dinner here, our first night. WE loved it so much, we came back again 3 nights later! The food was great. The moscow mules were yummy as well. Our service was perfect. They brought us dessert and champagne on the house the first night! Truffle Fries were good :) Can't wait for the next visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love AllredsHappyDined on 3/26/2014The views are spectacular, the ambience and menu selection is fantastic. We always make it a point to have dinner at Allreds when we are in town and definitely meet for apres ski at least once or twice as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ambience a surprising missallreadyDined on 3/25/2014Living in Telluride for about 18 months now, I'd long intended to go to Allred's. The views were supposed to be amazing. My mistake may have been to go at night: there were no views, and the harsh overhead lights in a dining hall atmosphere ruined any ambience. There was nothing romantic or cozy or otherwise aesthetically pleasing about the lighting, which was more reminiscent of a cafeteria than an expensive restaurant.
- One of our best meals in TellurideOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/25/2014Want to first compliment Open Table for having relationships with some of the best proprietors and venues and for delivering their services. The ability to provide details on special needs in advance is why we utilize the service so much due to Spouse's severe food allergies. Allred's was able to accommodate a gluten and melon allergy and ensured our special occasion was worry-free. The scenery, ambience, and food selection were fantastic. The quality of the food was also top notch. We had our young kids with us but that didn't prevent Allred's from seating us in the picture window to celebrate a birthday. If you're in Telluride, try Allred's for the experience and we're sure you'll return for the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding food and serviceFoodieDined on 3/23/2014Outstanding food and service and the best view you will find.Special Features:
- ExcellentFredDined on 3/22/2014Menu offered breadth... Something for everyone. All meals were excellent... Our group ordered the elk, salmon, veal, and lamb chops. Would return readily. Outstanding wine list with terrific navigation help from Ashley.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The floor-to-ceiling windowsannepDined on 3/21/2014The floor-to-ceiling windows offer a panoramic view of the San Juan Mountains that is unparalleled. Staff is friendly, food is delicious - I had elk medallions with mashed sweet potatoes - there is a nice of choice of specialty cocktails, wines and local beers. It was a great way to end a perfect ski week in Telluride!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.