Gondola Station Saint Sophia c/o 565 Mountain Village BLVD
Telluride, CO 81435Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.allredsrestaurant.com/
- Phone: (970) 728-7474
- Hours of Operation:
Allred's opens for the 2013-2014 Winter Season Tuesday, November 26th. Open 7 days a week: Allred's Dinner Service from 5pm to 9:30pm daily. Our popular "Apres Ski" begins at 3:30pm daily in the Bar, offering All Night "happy hour" with great food and drink specials every day until 9:30pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private dining room for up to 30 guests overlooking the Town of Telluride 1800 feet below. The private room has exceptional views and a fireplace to create a warm and inviting atmosphere.
- Private Party Contact: Reservations 9707287474x
- Cross Street: Top of the Gondola overlooking Telluride
- Public Transit: Take the free Gondola to Station Saint Sophia, the midway point between Telluride and Mountain Village. Enjoy the spectacular views at 10,551 feet above sea level.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: MOUNTAIN VILLAGE: Free parking is available in the Mountain Village parking structure. Take the short gondola ride to the Mountain Village core and then take the main Gondola line up to Allred's, the midway point between Telluride and Mountain Village.
TELLURIDE: Free parking is available in Telluride's public lot located a short distance west of the Gondola on Pacific Street and metered parking is available throughout the town. (free after 6pm and all day Sundays)
A word from Allred's Restaurant
Telluride's most unique dining experience is Allred's, where culinary excellence, exquisite views and impressive ambiance mesh to create a unique dining experience at 10,551 feet above sea level. Allred's Contemporary American cuisine is available daily for dinner throughout the winter season. The Highlights: Fabulous views of the surrounding mountains and the Town of Telluride 1800 feet below. Creative American Dishes with International Overtones. A Private Dining Room for Gatherings of up to 30 Guests. An award winning wine list. Bar with great views and fireplace.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Allred's Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Telluride ›
Allred's Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
46 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.9Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (44)special occasion (34)romantic (31)notable wine list (22)fit for foodies (22)good for groups (11)vibrant bar scene (9)hot spot (6)neighborhood gem (5)late-night find (2)great for brunch (2)great for lunch (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Very Nice RestaurantDinnersDined on 10/15/2014I lived in the Vail Valley for 7 years and this was a very comparable top resort restaurant where we were able to take advantage of the off season rates. The food, views and service were all 1st class - 5 star!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent placeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/1/2014excellent food, service and view. Best restaurant in the snow mountain village.Special Features:
- Reserve Allred's in advanceLudiVIPDined on 9/29/2014Allred's earned our 'perfect score' which we only have assigned to about 12 restaurants world wide. Don't miss out on this gem! The weather assures a different panorama with each visit. The 'team spirit' of the waiters was outstanding. The Veal Scaloppini made the visit complete.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/24/2014Friends recommended Allreds - now we know why. My husband & I were fortunate enough to meet Mario who showers all diners with special attention but made us feel that it was just for us. Wade & Chad served us in concert - truly a symphony of coordinated attention with no desire unmet. Bill relished the fresh halibut. My veal was even better than what I have had in Italy. The potato croutons we admired in a picture exceeded out expectations. We can't wait to go back & try other tempting items on the menu. PS - The couple we rode up with on the gondola were having the most gorgeous angus burgers in the bar as we left for our table. They had just finished a hike & said they were ready for beers & burgers. Allreds can take care of all of us!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/23/2014Allred's has been getting better each season. Mario is the ultimate host and makes everyone feel that they are his special guest. One of our favorites in Telluride!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High SpotmrwhiskerVIPDined on 9/22/2014Set on the mountain top, the views are outstanding. Service is top shelf, a crazy wine list and food that is full of flavors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WeMushDined on 9/19/2014Food was excellent, nice wine selection and no surprise stunning view at 10,500 feet but the majority of the service/wait staff... loosen up!!! Nothing worse than being referred to as "we" - way too pretentious.Special Features:
- Greatest Birthday Dinner.....SpitzeDined on 9/17/2014We celebrated my husband's birthday, together with our children, and Allred's could not have been a better choice for this special occasion. The staff was outstanding, the food superb. We were very impressed with the entire experience, and WILL come back. After finding out there was a birthday being celebrated, the waiter offered the desert for free...Greatly appreciated all!!!Special Features:
- Fantastic ViewGratefulEdDined on 9/13/2014Outstanding view of Telluride from 10,500 ft. Get a table by the windows.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/10/2014A must..pricey but well worth it. Gorgeous views, personable attentive service..extensive wine list and creative mixed drinks. we were there formour anniversary and they gave is a freee dessert. We had king salmon and veal scallopine. Mario the host was fun to talk to.Special Features:
- Celebrate in High CountrySpring4FoodDined on 9/8/2014We celebrated a member of our party's 60th birthday at Allred's Restaurant. It was a Monday, so limited number of people in the place, especially at 7:30 at night. We were treated like kings and queens, with great service, great recommendations for food, accomodations for trying different things and sharing food. The food was fabulous! We had a new item - the pork chop, which the person having it was in heaven over! The halibut with lobster was incredible, the Colorado chicken was so tasty and tender, and the salmon was simply divine! Topped off with the ice cream trio and great drinks, we had a wonderful time. It is pricey, but so worth it. And the drinks and wine list are really fun! Try the Flatliner Martini - for dessert!Special Features:
- Simply MarvellousCruzfoolVIPDined on 9/6/2014Cannot say enough good things about the dining experience at Allred's. We dined here on our first night in Telluride and were so glad that we did. The food, service, and wine were superb and this experience far surpassed any other dining experiences in Telluride. This is a must do restaurant for fine dinint and the most spectacular views from atop the mountain.Special Features:
- Great as ever!Ed5640VIPDined on 9/1/2014Once again a fabulous dinner in a beautiful settingSpecial Features:
- A true gem on top of the worldAsteroidianVIPDined on 8/31/2014Yes, being on top of our Planet is a treat that never seems to diminish in astonishment. Allreds is the best of the best for spectacular vistas of the mountains around Telluride. One entree was tasty and unfortunately, my vegi tofu dish was far too salty to even consume. My husband and I were in a time crunch due to the Telluride Film Festival so I decided not to return my entree to the kitchen and the servers were over the top trying their best to make sure everyone was 100% satisfied. Bravo for a lovely evening in spite of the far too salty vegi entree.Special Features:
- A great experienceEnjaykayDined on 8/28/2014loved the place, once we found it - scenic, excellent service, great food! You need to ride the gondola to get to it. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- GREAT!OpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 8/23/2014Had a group of 8. Service was beyond excellent and the food was amazing!!! Manager went to every table and REALLY made sure people were satisfied. I was suspicious that the type of restaurant at the top of the mountain you would "pay" for the view and the food would be average. Food was excellent and prices were no more than what you would pay in town.Special Features:
- Fabulous as alwaysJacksmomVIPDined on 8/22/2014Our dinner was beyond delicious and only rivaled by the breathtaking view complete with a spectacular rainbow to town. Definitely one of our favorite places in Telluride to have dinner!Special Features:
- john handjhfoodieDined on 8/17/2014As per the norm the entire evening g was stellar. Highly recommend the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- this place is a gem!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/17/2014We celebrated our 30th wedding anniversary and wow - was it nice. The staff really made our evening special. And, in addition to such a beautiful location, the food and wine were just as awesome as the views. So, it really was a complete package. I might go so far as to say it was one of our best dining experiences ever.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Evening!annieoDined on 8/8/2014We were pleasantly surprised when we arrived with a window table, which had a to-die-for view of Telluride and the valley below. The service couldn't have been better and everyone in our party of four thought their meal was wonderful. One in our group said it was the best meal he had in Telluride. The general manager came by our table to greet us and visited with us about his home country of Italy. He also made a point of stopping to tell us goodbye when we left. The wine was delicious and the wait-staff was attentive, but not hovering. We thought Allred's might be very pricey because of the fantastic view, but price-wise it was about on par with most restaurants in Telluride. Highly, highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic viewOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/3/2014We had a terrific experience!! Food, service and wine were all terrific! Enjoy this mountain tip experienceSpecial Features:
- The following 457 reviews are from the Allred's Restaurant reviews archive.
- Fantastic viewsOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/22/2014Do not miss this outstanding restaurant while in Telluride. The views are spectacular! Ask for a window table. The gondola drops you off right at the door. We had the black cod and the salmon and both were outstanding. Also has a great bar with views.Special Features:
- Great food, snobby wine listTexasBobDined on 7/19/2014The food was great and the wait staff very good. The wine list for a casual evening is very limited or you are into very expensive wines. Plenty of expensive wines for special occasions, not much for an evening out. Sommelier was curt and disinterested when we suggested that we may order by the glass since we had four different tastes in wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- On the topEtnokcDined on 7/18/2014This was an outstanding experience. Our meal was perfect, elk loin cooked to perfection, this restaurant is on top of telluride valley and on top of our list of best of the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014if your ever in telluride, put this on your must do list. unmatched scenery, service and food make for a perfect evening out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't miss this food experience!PickyeaterDined on 7/17/2014One of a few restaurants that was excellent from start to finish. Loved appetizer, main course and dessert. Everything was prepared to order with fresh ingredients that were exciting to the palate as well as a delight to the eye. The view was spectacular and the food only enhanced the amazing evening. I would truly eat here every night if it were possible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our new favorite spot in TellurideLuv2climbDined on 7/15/2014Wow, Fantastic find in Telluride, Table next to the window with an incredible view at 10,000 ft. The meal was worth the money and the service was impeccable! Our host, Mario, made us feel most welcome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice , local spotHelenSVIPDined on 7/15/2014Tried Allred's for the first time. The view is beautiful, and the food was very good. However, service needs some polishing. Upon arrival, we ordered champagne. It took almost 15 minutes for us to get our drinks. Our waiter appeared overwhelmed, though the restaurant was far from full. During our entire meal, he probably only checked on us twice. For the calibar of food served here, they may want to assure their service is just as polished.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely family eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/13/2014WONDERFUL ambience thanks to the exquisite live piano. Great service, very good food and wine. The menu was short, unique and in context. Very family friendly. The maitre inflexible... There were empty tables by the window the whole time we were there and he would not let our family of five move... The view is spectacular.Special Features:
- Last Allreds visit...BBBTFBDined on 7/9/2014Have been many times in past, but will not jump to go back. Change in menu, hard to find something to eat, too contrived dishes; choices slim; some items taken off the menu: veal dish, salmon... prices went WAY up (lamb $49???) Wine list over the top expensive.Special Features:
- Best dining experience in tellurideOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/8/2014Allred's has never disappointed us. It has the best combination of food, service and ambience of any restaurant in Telluride. I might give the food at 221 a slight edge, but no one can beat the room, the view, and the service you find at Allred's. The impressive wine list has been greatly expanded since the winter, adding a number of bottles in the $50-$100 range, as well as some amazing wines if you're in the mood to spend 4 figures on a bottle.Special Features:
- Allreds for Mark and Debbie july 4CajunTelluridiansDined on 7/4/2014Julie, Mario and Brent did and excellent job and we thank them for a beautiful meal that was excellent. Service was excellent and never hurried. Food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Allred's is Outstanding.Foodie2Dined on 7/4/2014Superb view and atmosphere as well as food and service. This was a highlight to our trip to Telluride. Absolutely fabulous!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderfulhard2pleaseVIPDined on 7/3/2014Mario continues to make sure everyone is happy. Service was great...Food tasty...and who can improve on that view?? Another wonderful evening in Telluride.Special Features:
- Good food great view bad barSporaskyVIPDined on 7/2/2014We went for dinner. Table by window and views are spectacular. An hour later we were still on cocktails. Martinis sent back once and then right. But delay was fine as we were in no hurry. Entrees were fine though not overwhelming. However my wife ordered a glass of wine and was brought the wrong one but given the problems with drinks we just let it go. Prices were steep. Server was somewhat flakey but she had too many tables. As with most ski areas it's hard to staff in the summer. Overall not bad and given that we were in no rush to leave it was fine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Allred's ReviewTellDinerDined on 6/29/2014This restaurant is not as good as it used to be. Previously, the restaurant had a number of different steak dishes, as well as some interesting game dishes. The menu has been pared down to about 6-8 entrees now. They only have a small 8 oz tenderloin selection, and no game selection to speak of. They were out of the pork chop. It is simply not a good option for meat lovers. The service when we were there was poor. The waiters seemed overmatched, even though there were a number of empty tables. Perhaps they need to hire more wait staff to help. Overall, it feels as if Allreds is simply catering to one-time tourists who come for the view, rather than trying to be a leader in the Telluride dining market.Special Features:
- Good food, so-so service.DiningDinksVIPDined on 6/29/2014We went here on a recent trip to Telluride and were pretty disappointed in our experience. Overall, the food was good but the service was extremely lacking. I believe what happened is that our waiter got overwhelmed by a large table that came in and it changed his entire personality. We felt ignored and a bother. I think we would definitely go back for drinks since it is such a nice view, but we don't plan on eating a big dinner there again.Special Features:
- Service was mediocrehadhigherexpectationsDined on 6/29/2014The service was not great. The waiter started off by telling us how busy he was and the restaurant only had about 10 tables seated. We ordered wine and was expecting the sommelier to come over and talk to us about the extensive wine list. We noticed that our waiter asked him twice to come over and talk to us, but he seemed to ignore us. We chose to have the house wine made by the sommelier, when it arrived it was not good. It was so overwhelming with alcohol taste that there was nothing else you could taste in the wine. Once we let the waiter know that we could not drink the wine, the sommelier came over and apologized and brought us another type of wine in glasses. The good thing was we did not have to pay for the bottle of wine.Special Features:
- StunningCAB58Dined on 6/29/2014The view from the window is stunning. Looking out over Telluride from top of a peak. The service was very good and for my taste spot on. Good recommendations, good knowledge and just the right amount of service. The food was very good also. Fish done perfect - I had wild Halibut. My wife had chicken. It was the most moist chicken we have ever had at a restaurant. Dessert was cherries jubilee done very well. The cost was 50 to 60 per person not counting bar tab. But you are at 10,500 feet in a resort area where access is via gondola. So recognize this as a value and save up. It is worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No better food and view in the USTellurideFoodieVIPDined on 6/26/2014If you request a window seat you overlook the twinkling town of telluride 1/2 mile below. Food is great and service team led by Mario is surpassed only by the breathtaking views.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.