220 42 Ave SE
Calgary, AB T2G 1Y4Neighborhood:
Global, InternationalPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.alloydining.com/
- Phone: 4032879255
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Global, International
- Executive Chef: Rogelio Herrera
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Chef's Table, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Alloy
Inspired by their backgrounds and travels, Chef/Owners Uri Heilik and Rogelio Herrera invite you on an escape to a unique experience in fine dining. Bringing creativity and passion from their respective Mediterranean and Latin heritage, their influences are introduced to Asian flavors and sensibilities to create a menu and atmosphere that represents a harmonious culinary adventure that will leave a lasting impression. Alloy employs a guest-centric philosophy. From our insistence for using only the freshest ingredients, to our carefully selected wines, to our hand-picked staff, we strive to infuse our passion for food, wine, and customer service into everything we do. A visit to Alloy goes beyond a night out for dinner. It will indulge your imagination and offer an escape for your senses. Enjoy the experience of Alloy.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Alloy - Best Restaurants in Calgary ›
Alloy reviews from OpenTable diners
226 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (139)fit for foodies (137)romantic (106)notable wine list (82)great for outdoor dining (68)good for groups (55)neighborhood gem (54)great for lunch (49)hot spot (25)late-night find (11)great for brunch (10)vibrant bar scene (6)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (2)Show More
- Pleasant SurpriseOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/20/2014From the outside this restaurant looks like an old office building, but upon entry it is bright and modern. Had a business dinner and everyone was pleased with their meals and restaurant overall. Great for dinner meeting as not overly noisy to enable table conversation. Would go again or recommend Alloy. Service was good till it got busy then a little lacking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stellar Service!DBBBDined on 10/18/2014What a joy to finally find a restaurant where the service actually matches (or even exceeds) the excellent food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over pricedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/17/2014My husband and I came because we had a gift card. The menu was limited. We found the food just ok which made the value way over priced. The Ambiance was not very warm and welcoming.Special Features:
- Food with wonderful tasteslocaldragonDined on 10/17/2014I've been here many times and enjoy the flavours in all their dishes. It's a fine dining place in the middle of what appears to be a non-descript commercial area.Special Features:
- BelgiangourmandDined on 10/16/2014Excellent food - great wine and attentive service - we had a lovely evening.Special Features:
- They never disapointStarDined on 10/16/2014Love going to Alloy and actually will be going there 2 times in as many weeks. They have a great diverse lunch menu that civers all tastes without being complicated meals. Great presentation and attentive service. Found that it can get a little bit loud in the room when it fills up at noon but not so much that you cant hear the person across the table from you. Like that they change the menu seasonally but always have a version of the staples - burger, taco or salad. All options are the higher end of what you would look for and the flavour is delightful. Highly recommend!Special Features:
- Great timeFoodieatfiftyDined on 10/15/2014We go for the food and wine. We were not disappointed. From the truffle risotto appy to the amaze strawberry dessert . For my main it was the short rib, the meat was so tender and flavour fabulous , my perfect comfort food.Special Features:
- Great serviceDamayVIPDined on 10/14/2014An unlikely manufacturing area for such a good restaurant. We had bison and wild boar, each done extremely well! We were here on a night of a VERY rowdy group, with the table next to us actually quite rude to other tables ( yelling obscenities in a restaurant no less!) The waitstaff were quite apologetic and offered after dinner drinks and desserts. A very nice gesture for a unexpectedly noisy eveningSpecial Features:
- Let DownAJ9286Dined on 10/10/2014We love the atmosphere there and still do but sadly the food wasn't to the level we remember or looked forward too. Our table ordered some appetizers (truffle gnocchi and new style tuna sashimi) and it was delicious, we even sent our compliments to the chef. For our mains our table ordered two of the surf and turf (medium rare), lamb chops (chef's cook, medium rare) and the pacific halibut. The lamb was over cooked, little to no pink. One steak was done perfect and the other was rare, lobster was over cooked and the halibut was just that....halibut. It was a fine dining atmosphere for chain restaurant food, we won't be going back.Special Features:
- First time but not the lastJettVIPDined on 10/8/2014Great food and service and wine list to match. Went on a Thursday night and it was quiet. Thought that this might be a foodie only place where it's good and/or intesting, but not so strong for somone who actually wants dinner. However it was really outstanding food with good portions. Truly haute cuisine au sein du parc industriel. And service was just as good as the food. Definitely a keeper.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/8/2014Amazing food and service - fabulous wines - I will be back!!!Special Features:
- Great placeScottDined on 10/5/2014This was our second visit to Alloy and was equally as impressed as our first dinner here. Meals are very well presented and the flavors of everything were superb. We had the gnocchi along with the side rib which I will likely order again the next time we visit. Zane was a great waiter, very attentive and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CravingRoninYYCDined on 10/4/2014There are some restaurants that do a particular dish so well, that they are the only place to consider when a particular craving sets in. For me, it is Alloy's surf & turf. Beautifully seasoned and cooked beef tenderloin, with a melt in your mouth butter poached lobster tail on a bed of the best lobster risotto I have ever eaten. Forget the price tag on this one. You or your palette won't soon forget the out of the world taste.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food & Service get high marksOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/4/2014Four of us dined that night and everyone only had good things to say about the food and service. The only notable issue was the noise volume rose as the restaurant became busier after about 8 PM. When we arrived for 7 PM we could still have normal conversations.Special Features:
- Amazing foodAmazingDined on 10/3/2014Great place for Dinner. Very Good Food. Consistent in quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/3/2014I had been to Alloy once previously years ago and had a very positive experience thus knew to expect a good evening. The food was really, really good. Priced what you'd expect from a higher end restaurant in the area. Service was very good also. Although their dessert menu was impressive, there wasn't anything our party was craving. I can't hold this against them as they had variety and popular dessert dishes but we did not choose any and opted out of that course. Finally, as good as the ambiance is, our only slightly negative thing to write about was that our table was 5 steps from the front door and facing the door thus the first thing people see when they walk in and vice versa. Overall really great evening and would go again.Special Features:
- Alloy! A gem in the industrial!LivinNdininDined on 10/1/2014There is not much to say when the wine suggested, the food that is experienced and the company you are with makes for an unbeatable combination and dining experience. The shared appetizers (the shrimp and the gnocchi) were outstanding. This was followed by the best short ribs I have ever tasted!Special Features:
- Fabulous!!ChrisDined on 9/29/2014We had Great Service and the food was excellent!! Will be back for lunch again!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was incredible!BReatsalotDined on 9/28/2014The gnocchi was incredible, wine selection unheard I and I absolutely adore the decor. Great place for a special night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- rhshawnDined on 9/22/2014Always a nice dining experience at Alloy. Thanx. Have never been disappointed in food. Only complaint this time was waitress never asked if we wanted dessert - just brought bill right away.Special Features:
- Fine Dining ExperienceAndyDined on 9/20/2014Alloy is a beautifully decorated restaurant. The food was good, with a lovely presentation. While I enjoyed the experience and the food was good, I wasn't wowed. We started with the scallop and pork belly, which was delicious and had the tenderloin and lamb chops as our main. The tenderloin was tasty with the puree and added pomegranate seeds and the lamb chops were good but a bit too fatty for my liking. There were little stuffed pastas on the side, which were very flavourful, I wish there were a few more of these tasty bites on the plate (there were four).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent, as always!LovieDined on 9/19/2014This is our fourth time at Alloy's and once again, it is never a disappointment! I especially love the fact that they change the menu every so often, as it adds to the excitement of being there.Special Features:
- Over Priced!culinarycreatureDined on 9/12/2014The serving sizes were very good but the prices were much too high for what we got. For just the four of us, and not much alcohol, we spent a whopping $350! I won't go back; its just not worth it.Special Features:
- FantasticNicab20Dined on 9/11/2014Food and service was great! Only downside is that it can get a little noisy at times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!gh97VIPDined on 9/6/2014Thank you Alloy for yet another outstanding meal - loved the halibut!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a FavoriterhshawnDined on 9/6/2014Alloy never disappoints. Great ambiance/décor - and the food is always perfectly delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sushiloveVIPDined on 9/5/2014I always enjoy coming to Alloy - it is one of my favourite restaurants in Calgary. Fantastic food and wine - the surf and turf was to die for!Special Features:
- Way too pricey for what you getOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/5/2014Food was good but way overpriced for what you get. For example the scallop appetizer came with one scallop. The main dishes came with very little sides and the drinks were ridiculously overpriced. Nice enough place but we won't go back. There are plenty of other high end restaurants in this city that are way better and priced more appropriately.
- First visitGeminiDined on 9/4/2014We chose Alloy for a celebratory Anniversary lunch and we were not disappointed. The food was excellent, and well presented. The service was friendly, attentive and prompt - but not invasive! We did not have wine, finding the prices on the high side.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best EvertootastyDined on 9/2/2014This is my new favourite restaurant! The portions were perfect and the flavours were outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fan-freakin-tastic!!!TravellingFoodieVIPDined on 8/29/2014Alloy really is my favourite restaurant in all of Calgary...fabulous food, great service, and a gorgeous space. I am always pleased with my experience at Alloy. ALWAYS!Special Features:
- TerryOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/29/2014Great atmosphere and food tastes fresh and tasty. Would recommend for special occasion or just a nice lunch out.Special Features:
- LynneVIPDined on 8/29/2014Normally a great place for lunch. The last time we were there the service was slow and food exceptionally bland.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014Our meal at Alloy was interesting & delicious! The challenges were 1. the noise level was so extreme our conversation became challenged. & 2. we were 2 business ladies on a lunch meeting but our server assumed we were part of the 'ladies lunch crowd' doing unhurried social lunching. The restaurant was full of ladies and that was very nice to see but our lunch took 1hr & 45 min which was just too long.
- Nice but expensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/28/2014Very pleasant trendy atmosphere, wine was nice, food was nice, however it was very pricy.. Servers were attentiveSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/27/2014What a beautiful hidden gem, burried in the middle of industrial McLeod area. The food was delicious, excellent cocktail list, extensive wine list, and amazing service. There is also a beautiful enclosed patio. All around lovely experience, I will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely girls night dinnerFussyMareDined on 8/27/2014The atmposhere is modern and comfortable. Fantastic large tables and booths for a group of girls to kick back, share some wine and chat for hours.Special Features:
- A beautiful dining experienceVivsterDined on 8/24/2014Really good wine selection. Truffle gnocchi was really delicious cannot get the taste out of my pallete yet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great time.OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/23/2014From the initial Old Fashioned and Lemon Martini at the bar with Jake to the finale of a dessert that was astounding, our experience was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent starters, mains ok.MoebDined on 8/22/2014Lamb - cold and too fatty. Lacked flavour overall. Halibut was soupy. Gnocchi and Shrimp - excellent. Starters get a thumbs up. Pork was excellent but was wishing for more veggies.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.