220 42 Ave SE
Calgary, AB T2G 1Y4Neighborhood:
Global, InternationalPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.alloydining.com/
- Phone: 4032879255
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Global, International
- Executive Chef: Rogelio Herrera
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Chef's Table, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Alloy
Inspired by their backgrounds and travels, Chef/Owners Uri Heilik and Rogelio Herrera invite you on an escape to a unique experience in fine dining. Bringing creativity and passion from their respective Mediterranean and Latin heritage, their influences are introduced to Asian flavors and sensibilities to create a menu and atmosphere that represents a harmonious culinary adventure that will leave a lasting impression. Alloy employs a guest-centric philosophy. From our insistence for using only the freshest ingredients, to our carefully selected wines, to our hand-picked staff, we strive to infuse our passion for food, wine, and customer service into everything we do. A visit to Alloy goes beyond a night out for dinner. It will indulge your imagination and offer an escape for your senses. Enjoy the experience of Alloy.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Alloy - Best Restaurants in Calgary ›
Alloy reviews from OpenTable diners
243 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (150)fit for foodies (134)romantic (117)great for outdoor dining (86)notable wine list (85)neighborhood gem (63)great for lunch (57)good for groups (54)hot spot (34)great for brunch (16)late-night find (12)scenic view (5)vibrant bar scene (5)kid-friendly (4)Show More
- Fan-freakin-tastic!!!TravellingFoodieVIPDined on 8/29/2014Alloy really is my favourite restaurant in all of Calgary...fabulous food, great service, and a gorgeous space. I am always pleased with my experience at Alloy. ALWAYS!Special Features:
- TerryOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/29/2014Great atmosphere and food tastes fresh and tasty. Would recommend for special occasion or just a nice lunch out.Special Features:
- LynneVIPDined on 8/29/2014Normally a great place for lunch. The last time we were there the service was slow and food exceptionally bland.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014Our meal at Alloy was interesting & delicious! The challenges were 1. the noise level was so extreme our conversation became challenged. & 2. we were 2 business ladies on a lunch meeting but our server assumed we were part of the 'ladies lunch crowd' doing unhurried social lunching. The restaurant was full of ladies and that was very nice to see but our lunch took 1hr & 45 min which was just too long.
- Nice but expensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/28/2014Very pleasant trendy atmosphere, wine was nice, food was nice, however it was very pricy.. Servers were attentiveSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/27/2014What a beautiful hidden gem, burried in the middle of industrial McLeod area. The food was delicious, excellent cocktail list, extensive wine list, and amazing service. There is also a beautiful enclosed patio. All around lovely experience, I will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely girls night dinnerFussyMareDined on 8/27/2014The atmposhere is modern and comfortable. Fantastic large tables and booths for a group of girls to kick back, share some wine and chat for hours.Special Features:
- A beautiful dining experienceVivsterDined on 8/24/2014Really good wine selection. Truffle gnocchi was really delicious cannot get the taste out of my pallete yet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great time.OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/23/2014From the initial Old Fashioned and Lemon Martini at the bar with Jake to the finale of a dessert that was astounding, our experience was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent starters, mains ok.MoebDined on 8/22/2014Lamb - cold and too fatty. Lacked flavour overall. Halibut was soupy. Gnocchi and Shrimp - excellent. Starters get a thumbs up. Pork was excellent but was wishing for more veggies.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fast food speed?seashellDined on 8/22/2014We went for an early dinner on August 22. We were in and out within 65 minutes. We had two courses. Was our table booked after us? Our appetizers came within minutes of ordering and the calamari was okay- nothing special. Our entrees came 5 minutes later. I felt like I was at earls but not as rushed!
- dizzy1Dined on 8/22/2014The food is wonderful and different. The décor is elegant and the service extremely good. This would be great for a business lunch or group.Special Features:
- specialniteDined on 8/20/2014Server was courteous, knowledgeable , and efficient. Meal was great!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/20/2014Food - service - wine - everything exceptional - will be back again and again!Special Features:
- Good, unfortunately not memorablelookingforgreatfoodDined on 8/19/2014I decided to take my boyfriend here for a birthday dinner mid-wid. While the atmosphere was pleasant, the service appropriate, the food was just good. We expected the food to be the highlight, but it nothing special...unfortunately.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/19/2014We had a great meal and the service was first rate. We did send back our dessert. The merangue had a metal taste to it and for $10, one small stick of rhubarb with a bit of compote was not worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceDoreenDined on 8/16/2014Our night was very enjoyable. For this quality of a restaurant, the service was not up to par. The server was very pleasant but just felt like we had to keep asking for things. For example we waited about 5 minutes when we first arrived, we did order drinks before our meal, but did not have a change to to finish them and order any wine before our appetizers arrived and had to keep asking to have our water glasses filled. We were not upset or anything like that, just thought the server should have been paid more attention to detail.Special Features:
- Fantastic DinnerGmanDined on 8/15/2014Went to Alloy for a birthday dinner based on a review that was posted about the restaurant. Let me tell you, it didn't disappoint. Service was prompt, friendly, and attentive to our needs without being overbearing. The food was spectacular, beginning with naan bread served with hummus and an assortment of olives, which was simply to die for. The Main courses through the table were varied, but not a single person had anything but "mmm!" when it came to the quality of their meal. Finally when it came time for desert, they offered a fabulous selection of simple but delectable dishes that will excite your palate and break from the routine series of cakes, pies and creme brulee that seem to dominate most menus. An absolute must go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnderwhelminglivelifebigDined on 8/14/2014I had been looking forward to trying Alloy for months and I had specifically chosen it for a celebratory dinner - my expectations were too high it seems. The location was more of a turn-off than I thought it would be (who puts a fancy restaurant in an industrial area?). The food was pretty good, but seemed a bit old-fashioned and over-priced for the quality. The biggest disappointment was the service. Our server was awkward, inefficient, and certainly not polished. For example, we had to specifically ask (twice!) for our completely empty water glasses to be refilled - basics like this shouldn't be missed. It unfortunately wasn't the celebratory dinner I had been looking forward to. I did enjoy the beautiful patio though.Special Features:
- RogerDined on 8/14/2014Food always great at Alloy. Service this time annoyingly slow in checking wine levels.Special Features:
- FabulousMBest11VIPDined on 8/13/2014Thoroughly enjoyed the meal, service was slow and so wwhat I attentive.Special Features:
- Every on Was HappyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/13/2014We went to celebrate a birthday, and with five people, its quite amazing that there was nothing but raves for every bit of food and drinks we ordered. Our server was perfectly attentive without being intrusive. All in all a superior experience.Special Features:
- Girls night dinnerGirlDined on 8/12/2014Alloy was an okay restaurant. The food was quite tasty, but the portions were small. The dessert we ordered was quite poor (rhubarb something). The prices were too high in comparison to other similar restaurants versus quality/atmosphere/portion. They also don't share nutritional information on what they serve. It wasn't a bad place, but I don't think the value is there for a return trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/11/2014WE tried Alloy when it first opened about 6 years ago and I really loved it and how it it seems odd outside but really nice inside! I love the food and the whole experience. This time we sat outside and the service was awesome! And the atmosphere was great! I would definitely come back again!Special Features:
- Another good night.Maggie23Dined on 8/9/2014Saturday August 9 at 730 pm. The gnocchi , tuna appetizers were both very good however the pork belly is excellent . The short rib was excellent and the halibut was very good but not their best dish. As always the food is presented beautifully and the service is very good . Espresso was decent which is rare in Calgary restaurants .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very satisfiedKtweedieVIPDined on 8/8/2014We have been to Alloy many times. It's always good and this time was perfect. Great food and great service. Thanks again Alloy!!Special Features:
- Always great!Luv2drinkDined on 8/8/2014I have never been disappointed after eating at Alloy. The food is amazing and the customer service is great which is hard to find these days.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Third visitTommyJoeLovesGoodFoodDined on 8/6/2014Great dining experience. This was my third visit and second time i requested meeting the Chef to thank him for the great presentations and flavors. Our server was delightful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/5/2014Amazing again! Everything was fantastic wine service foodSpecial Features:
- Rather DisappointedFoodieDined on 8/2/2014We have been to Alloy several times and were always thrilled with the tasty gourmet food both at lunch and dinner. We were celebrating a special occasion and decided to treat ourselves to Alloy. The appetizers were very good and we particularly enjoyed the gnocchi. We were really looking forward to the main course but it was a bit disappointing. The food was good and cooked well but it was nothing special and certainly not a good value for the prices charged. I had the halibut and it was moist but really was bland and I decided to add salt to try to enhance the taste. My friend had chicken and said it was 'fine' but nothing special. Perhaps Alloy had been so great in the past that we had high expectations.Special Features:
- Terrible serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/2/2014I have never wrote a review before but I was prompted after our very disappointing experience. Our night began with a very unfriendly hostess. When our waitress came she didn't explain anything well as far as their features for the night. She never made it over to ask how anything was until we were done. We sat with empty drinks and empty plates as she passed by us numerous times. It was unfortunate because the food was very good and the restaurant is nicely done. It would have been a lovely evening if it wasn't for the awful service.Special Features:
- Lives up to it's expectationsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/1/2014I have dined at Alloy 3 times now and luv it. Everything about it is very appealing. The white decor feels very clean. We had a server, Jason, who was so passionate about all the different food choices. Our choices were excellent and the serving sizes were just rightSpecial Features:
- dessert20Dined on 7/29/2014Don't be fooled by the rather industrial location, the food is excellent. The crab cake appetizer was delicious and the tuna tacos were terrific. My dining partner also enjoyed her beet salad. The service was just the right amount of attentiveness. A very enjoyable expericence overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AlloyDatenitedinersDined on 7/27/2014Good service, good food, although a slightly limited menu, very well priced meal. Overall a great value for the dollar. Nice wine selection by the glass (tough to find usually) and meals were well presented, out very fast and hot. Great patio for dining. If your looking for a nice romantic evening not the place as alloy sports a very open concept, but works well otherwise. Sparse seating on the patio helped offer a bit more privacy. Definitely has that "On display" feel. A few more plants on the patio between tables would definitely improve the ambience although the surroundings were nice.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/26/2014Food and Service were very good. We felt the location of the table we were given was just ok!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mildly disappointed2baditwasbadDined on 7/23/2014Patio was not well cared for, looked rather sad and pathetic. Service was poor, waitress had no personality and not one smile. Expected more and was disappointed.I would recommend this to a friend.
- familydinnerDined on 7/22/2014Beautiful restaurant. The food was good, but very little of it! We have two teenage boys who left hungry. The food was beautifully presented, but the plates were half full. We've been to many other restaurants with similar price points which offer better service, fabulous food and full plates! We will not return.
- Excellent FishyeejulDined on 7/21/2014The pita bread with the hummus and olives were delicious. The fish were well cooked and just made perfectly. Highly recommend the halibut!Special Features:
- FantasticnessDined on 7/20/2014As always this place was amazing! Never disappointed.Special Features:
- Great food, wine, and service.steveDined on 7/19/2014Had a great meal with excellent recommendations from our server including wine and dessert. I would absolutely recommend this to anybody who wants to have a great meal and really enjoy the service. The inside of the restaurant was not at all what I expected. The outside is almost industrial but as soon as you walk in you enter a clean, open, retro-esque space. Lots of room between tables, which made it great for conversation.Special Features: