307 East 77th Street
New York, NY 10075Neighborhood:
Upper East Side
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.alloronyc.com/
- Phone: 2125352866
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:30pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, Italian, Wine Bar
- Executive Chef: Salvatore Corea
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Alloro offers a small and intimate private dining area that can accommodate groups up to 25 guests while the entire restaurant can accommodate groups of up to 50. Alloro is ideal for any occasion. Salvatore and I have hosted several private events ranging from Birthdays to Mitzvahs to Weddings.
- Private Party Contact: Gina Rotundo 2125352866
- Entertainment: On-going fun - check our events calendar or facebook page for details!
- Special Events: Ongoing: Visit our www.alloronyc.com for details.
A word from Alloro
Salvatore and Gina opened Alloro on a quiet, tree-lined street of the Upper East Side, just one block from where they live with their children. When you go to Alloro, you'll be greeted by an adventurous décor and innovative culinary fare created by Salvatore who puts a creative spin on Italian classics. With each season comes a new menu. Sit back and let them take you on an exciting culinary journey you'll always remember. This ain't your grandma's spaghetti and meatballs! Visit www.alloronyc.com for information on menus, tastings, and cultural events.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Alloro reviews from OpenTable diners
77 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (55)fit for foodies (34)romantic (21)special occasion (17)notable wine list (10)great for brunch (4)good for groups (4)great for lunch (4)great for outdoor dining (4)late-night find (4)kid-friendly (3)hot spot (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Great Food, But Limited menuEvelynDined on 8/29/2014We loved our food, but thought the menu was a little bit limited.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ChazVIPDined on 8/21/20143 course Restaurant Week dinner for $38. Not bad for NY. Excellent pasta with delicious duck ragu. Alloro's always innovative and the chef-owner is usually there and visible. It shows. Extensive and interesting wine list--even by the glass- but somewhat expensive. Well worth several visits.Special Features:
- Great Food, Great ServicePothedinerVIPDined on 8/21/2014Have eaten here several times and have never been disappointed. There is always something special about the food is prepared and presented. Looking forward to our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/19/2014we had eaten there before, but not since last year. I think they are not doing too well. Food, we had the $38.00 special 3 courses, was adequate, the portions very small... it all the signs of a declining restaurant. we both had a glass of wine and again, it was less than 1/3 filled. I will not go back there
- JohnVIPDined on 8/17/2014Very interesting neighborhood restaurant. The preparations always show true imagination.I would recommend this to a friend.
- BorisNYCVIPDined on 8/16/2014Alloro is always great. Consistently pleasant experience! Great food and a wonderful, attentive, friendly service! The latter is particulary hard to find in NYC, at any price levels. Great job, keep it up guys, we're grateful!!Special Features:
- LoveNYCdiningVIPDined on 8/15/2014Last night of restaurant week and what a nice dinner. The appetizers, cucumber soup and spinach, watermelon and goat cheese salad were delicious. But it was the veal breast that stole the show. It was tender, juicy and melt in your mouth delicious. Had a wonderful bottle of barbaresco that the chef recommended.Special Features:
- LuluDined on 8/14/2014Ate here before and food was great. Now, during Restaurant Week, food was absolutely tasteless and did not warrant the price. Will not return.
- A great find!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/5/2014Wonderful food from first course to last, and great atmosphere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CommishVIPDined on 8/4/2014Excellent experience. Delicious food, attentive staff.Special Features:
- Could Have Been 5 StarhistorydaveratestheplatesDined on 7/31/2014Maybe it was the early hour. Our reservation was for 5:30 and we were 1/2 hour early. Still for the first 15 minutes we had the place to ourselves. At no time during our visit were there more than 2 other couples there. That is why we were surprised by the inattention of the staff. It is not that we want to be overcome with solicitude but waiting to have our drinks replenished was not good. It also seemed to take a long time between courses. But we must say that the food was excellent. My wife and I switched entrees during the meal and had no complaints in doing so. We would eat here again as the quality of the food outweighs the slower than necessary service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Add This to Your ListBabyMDined on 7/29/2014always a delicious surprise in the technique. varied menu offerings that show off chef's creativity. generous portions that satisfy all but the most gluttonous. professional and warm service. one of our preferred spots for a night out.Special Features:
- disappointedblueDined on 7/29/2014Food were horrible. Every dish didn't meet standards.
- AmazingwendalaVIPDined on 7/27/2014I went there last night with our friends that are foodies.. We all loved it. Was skeptical that is was restaurant week and portions would be small.. They were fabulous. The veal dish with peaches was so good I am going back the branzino delish. The pasta in the wood bowl was was addicting!!!The desserts were just ok.. but the salad to entree was far above our expectations.. One of my faves and in my hood!!!Special Features:
- Make it fast!JG50VIPDined on 7/25/2014Restaurant week in NYC is a great time to check out new restaurants and to enjoy good food at "moderate" prices. Dining at Alloro the other night we got the impression that we were being rushed for those customers who might want the full menu instead of the Restaurant Week offerings. Given that there were only 3 choices in any category, two for dessert, we were served in record time and had to ask our server to slow it down a bit. She graciously complied. While fast service might be appreciated when trying to catch a play or movie, we were just there for the food, a night out and we wanted to take our time. The food was very good and we will go back if they promise to slow down.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pd77PD77Dined on 7/24/2014Service attentive. food was flavorful, hot and creative. Front of restaurant a bit noisy, back room quieter and more romantic. Nice neighborhood gemSpecial Features:
- What Restaurant Week Has BecomeAmieVIPDined on 7/24/2014Remember what clothing outlets were like when they first came on the scene: real quality bargains could be found. Now cheap versions of the real thing are sold at outlets. It's over. Restaurant Week, likewise, was so nice in its early years, but it's become a way for a restaurant like Alloro to take things out of the freezer and serve to R Week diners. I'm finished with this biannual offering. Our dinner, although my husband's risotto wasn't bad, was really dreadful. I had a very chewy veal ragout drowned in a poor sauce, and the baba au rum was a scandal.
- Two and countingJustUs2VIPDined on 7/23/2014Only our second visit and the food easily matched our first. Slightly disappointed when wine selections were not available but they made very suitable alternative suggestions. You could tell by the crowd that everyone was enjoying the food and the funSpecial Features:
- a poor restaurant week experienceCynthiaDined on 7/22/2014We had a restaurant reservation at Alloro for 8PM, and waited at the bar until almost 8:40. Yes, we were given some drinks to tide us over, but we were starved. Dinner portions must have been a reduced version of the usual portions. The food was less than mediocre, except for a decent dessert. We were rushed through, and finished in less than an hour. It appeared that regular customers, on the other hand, were treated with care. Indeed, we tried this restaurant in order to expand our restaurant repertoire. Our restaurant experience here made certain that we would never go to Alloro again.Special Features:
- Great food but sadly disappointedEatattableDined on 7/22/2014Restaurant week in NYC. We found Alloro online, highly recommended, we booked a table for 19.45. We were warmly welcomed and given a table at the front of the restuarant. We decided on the set menu designed for Restaurant week at $38.00. Why do restaurants participate when clearly more attention is shown to the locals and those who order alcarte? Our three courses were served within an hour and then we were asked to have coffee at the bar as waiting guests wanted our table. Saying no we received "daggers" from the guests waiting for the table. So unfair as this was an error of management not us. The staff were kind and I sensed they were also embarrassed by our comments. Great food but avoid during restaurant week.Special Features:
- harleyDined on 7/22/2014rushed......asked to wait and have a drink at the bar because others were waiting for the table.....we didn't even have desert.....asked for a vin santo and a limoncello and were told they had neither......think they just wanted us off the table......would not go back
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/14/2014Food is amazing. Great for the traditionalist and for the adventerous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing as always!!!sarahdollDined on 7/11/2014Amazing as always!!! This is one of my favorite restaurants!!! Their menu has a traditionalist and adventurist side so there is something for everyone!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant experience!TonyVIPDined on 7/10/2014The service was just right (attentive but not hovering), the advice on our choice of wine was spot-on, and the food was superlatively good!Special Features:
- Amazing as AlwaysZB3SBVIPDined on 7/6/2014Had an amazing dinner at Alloro as usual...the service was great...and the food not to be missed...Special Features:
- What a wonderful surpriseJustUs2VIPDined on 6/29/2014Discovering something special in your own backyard is always a wonderful surprise. We had some special company that likes to try "new" places so to Alloro we went. Delightful place with lovely people - including the owners. Dependable and creative menus - you have to go there to understand that - which pleased the eye and the palate. A very special and well thought out wine list - with some wonderful Sicilian wines. All in all - not to be missedSpecial Features:
- Delicious egg plant & meat balls!TNDNDined on 6/17/2014If you love eggplant parmigiana & veal meat balls w/ the most delicious marinara sauce then your in for a treat in the UES. It melts in your mouth ;)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quite goodSam1030Dined on 6/14/2014We were happy with our meal. The pineapple risotto was especially good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Inventive ItalianNYCGERDined on 6/14/2014The service was friendly and warm, and you could easily hear the dinner conversation. The menu presents two options; traditional and adventurous. We sampled from both sides of the menu and were happy with all of our choices. Some highlights were the rigatoni w/ quail ragu, the house lasagna, the ricotta cheesecake and the chocolate four ways. I would go back for sure.Special Features:
- everything was great excepteatoutfrequentDined on 6/4/2014Everything was great except the main entree. The best meatballs, eggplant parm, and sauce we ever had. The sardine in the pasta dish was perfect. Then the big disappointment. My sister's veal dish was good but my suckling pig dish was so salty. I barely touched it. I even told my waiter. He did not offer to bring the dish back.
- great menu for the adventurousPeebie29VIPDined on 6/1/2014Loved the two "traditional" and "adventurous" menu options. We tried both and were delighted with the food. Our waiter was welcoming, friendly, attentive and helpful with our choices. We're looking forward to returning and making Alloro a "go-to" place.Special Features:
- ChuckkVIPDined on 5/28/2014Interesting approach with two menus -- one classic and one adventurous. The lamb Milanese was outstanding as was the lasagna, so they do both well. Many reasonable wines along with pricey if you want to head that way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian TreasurePickyVIPDined on 5/24/2014First class food and warm and inviting at the same time. Excellent wine list offering value and some beauties for the oenophile. Great spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favoriteWritestuff101Dined on 5/23/2014This is our go-to restaurant, for a cozy, romantic atmosphere and exceptional food that is 'different' without being bizarre. We love the new Menu categories: one, for The Traditionalist; and the other, for The Adventurist. Of course, you can choose anything from either side of the menu, but be sure to come together and share one of the decadent but delicate desserts!Special Features:
- consistentNanaVIPDined on 5/22/2014this is the third time we go there. The owner/chef and staff are great. The food is good and consistent although the menu changes seasonally so I am not able to have my favourite dishes there every time I am in NY :)
- Special and intimateElbulliDined on 5/11/2014Alloro is our new favorite. The food is always wonderful, the service warm and attentive, and the room warm and inviting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High quality Italian foodFabioVIPDined on 5/9/2014Chef Salvatore only uses the highest quality ingredients to prepare the best dishes of Italian tradition (I'm Italian, so I know what Italian food should taste like) as well as his innovative creations. You can't find a higher price-quality ratio in townSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AllorodskibumDined on 5/9/2014We were surprised to have missed this restaurant. They have been in our neighborhood for 7 years and we missed it. It was imaginative and quiet which is a real bonus. We will go again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 624 reviews are from the Alloro reviews archive.
- great for small private eventsOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/29/2014Excellent food and also a great venue for small parties.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricey But GoodMKStDined on 4/28/2014The food is rich and complex and very different from most Italian restaurants. The chef is attentive to every nuance of the service and asks each table if they are happy with the food. The wine list has very expensive choices and it is fair to say that this is not a neighborhood place but one for a demanding foodie willing to rise above the local level.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.