22 E. 13th St.
New York, NY 10003Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.allondanyc.com/
- Phone: 2122312236x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm
Sunday: Closed until after Labor Day
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary Italian, Italian, Wine Bar
- Executive Chef: Chris Jaeckle
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for catering info.
- Cross Street: Between 5th Ave. & University Place
- Public Transit: Union Square L/N/Q/R/4/5/6
14th St (6th Avenue) B/D
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Please observe all parking signs when parking on the street near All'onda. Parking is available at Brevoort Garage, 21 East 12th Street between 5th and University. Another entrance is on University between 12th and 13th Street.
A word from All'Onda
All’onda is a modern Italian restaurant in Manhattan near Union Square. Venice is the inspiration for Chef Chris Jaeckle and Restaurateur Chris Cannon.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
All'Onda reviews from OpenTable diners
98 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (68)neighborhood gem (46)special occasion (32)hot spot (28)notable wine list (23)romantic (21)good for groups (18)late-night find (12)vibrant bar scene (8)great for lunch (6)scenic view (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- The definition of neighborhood gemPeterVIPDined on 9/18/2014A stylish. small, excellent spot hidden in currently crowded 13th street near 5th. We've attacked the menu and there are no disappointments. The two-share short rib and whole branzino are really great. We have been up and down the starters now and none disappoint. Go try All'OndraSpecial Features:
- Excellent but priceyrstrVIPDined on 9/17/2014Excellent modern Italian restaurant. Very interesting wine list: you can have excellent Italian wines under 50 USD, which is rare in New York. One star less on the overall evaluation, because pastas were priced as main courses and portioned as appetizers. I am not fond of very big portions, in particular in this kind of establishment. I mean, I'd love to have pasta AND a main course. But looking at the price of pastas it did not occur to me that this would have probably been the best option. And yet, doing that would make the restaurant too pricey.Special Features:
- Fantastic per usualSsa1234VIPDined on 9/16/2014Consistently great with great service and great dishesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect PastajosephoDined on 9/15/2014One of the best pasta restaurants I've ever been to. Out of the 4 pasta dishes I have tried, they have all been perfectly cooked, and absolutely delicious. Also not overpriced considering how good it is.Special Features:
- expectations metUESiderVIPDined on 9/9/2014All'onda was as a delicious as I heard/thought it was going to be. Pastas were awesome, apps were great. Bit of an asian fusion flare to the menu which is a nice change from other italian in the neighborhood. adorable spot in union square--would happily return.Special Features:
- ExcellentOrlandoVIPDined on 9/6/2014My girlfriend and I had a wonderful dinner this past Saturday. The meal was perfect and we found a wonderful wine for under $50. Actually there were quite a few wines under $50. The waiter was ok, but she didn't spoil the meal.Special Features:
- Good but not compellingOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/6/2014Restaurant design looks good but is a bit awkward and a bit noisy. Food is decent but generally not really exciting. The one outstanding aspect of the restaurant is the wine list - terrific selection of unusual, reasonably priced Italian wines.
- Outstanding Italian experiencefreemaxouDined on 9/3/2014Awesome food Incredible italian wine list Great service Perfect locationSpecial Features:
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/28/2014It's rare to find a restaurant whose interior is as excellent as its outstanding food and whose servers are as knowledgeable as ours was. My friends and I can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/26/2014Really fantastic. Service very courteous but a bit confused at times, maybe still in training. But rest was executed perfectlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WowPeterVIPDined on 8/25/2014Had not been in since the "friends and family" period when the gas line was not installed. What they can do with a little gas! We started with Hamachi and Lumache -- oh boy. But the short rib for two was sooooo good and big that we actually took 1/3 home (happily). Sorbets excellent but beware because the lemon may change your mouth shape forever.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A favorite new findSophieDined on 8/23/2014We went to All'Onda for the wine list and to celebrate two birthdays and we were not disappointed. The food was excellent, staff was outstanding (particularly the sommelier) and we had the best prosecco I've ever tasted. We will definitely return!!Special Features:
- Big on heavynyfoodsnobVIPDined on 8/21/2014Food is very good here. A little disappointed with their pastas. Very unique combinations but extremely heavy flavors.Special Features:
- Lovely PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/19/2014Food was delicious and service couldn't have been better! Struck the perfect balance between casual neighborhood and fine dining.Special Features:
- FabulousLoreleiDined on 8/16/2014We came in for my birthday dinner. between the two of us we tried something from each section on the menu. Everything was so tasty and unique. The waiter was very helpful with the wine selections. The atmosphere was great; modern and fresh with a really great NYC vibe.Special Features:
- great food & serviceManhattandinerVIPDined on 8/15/2014Had a lovely dinner there on Friday. The garganelli, calamari and stracciatella were all delicious! Service was really good, too - friendly and attentive.Special Features:
- Great mealOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014This was a second visit. First visit was 2 people, second was seven! Both were great. Very interesting choices and something for everyone. On our first visit we ordered the "Top Hat" and liked it so much we asked for the ingredients and the bartender gave us a written recipe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice spin off by Ai Fiori chefFoodieVIPDined on 8/2/2014Excellent food in casual Village atmosphere . Interesting cocktails. Space is a little weird, but worth returning to.Special Features:
- FantasticOldtimenewyorkerVIPDined on 7/29/2014Chef Chris has outdone himself. Don't miss the tuna or the chicken liver crude. To die for! Great wine list as we'll. hidden gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FoodEra101Dined on 7/25/2014I was eager to try out All'Onda since it opened in January. The menu looked enticing.....I was not disappointed. Appetizers were a decent size and the calamari was fried but flavored outside of the norm of an Italian restaurant. Two sides especially the pea shooters were excellent and probably only appear in the menu during season. My husband and I shared the Brazini for two and it was good [I would have preferred slightly rarer]. I was surprised that since we were across from each other at the table that they didn't offer to split for us. I asked, they complied and deboned and split into manageable portions for us to share. Chocolate sorbet the best I have had. Waitress was efficient and friendly. We will return to this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous pastas!evdinesoutDined on 7/24/2014We have dined at All'Onda three times and haven't made it past the pastas yet. They are wonderful. Peaky-toe crab Garganelli with a slight hot hit and crunch, succulent duck ragu, the best cavatelli ever.Special Features:
- Great FindSeanVIPDined on 7/22/2014Had great "mocktails" at the bar from a unique list offering. Then off to the table for dinner. Started with the Crudi tasting and every bite was delicious. Shared the Uni Pasta and was blown away by the dish's simplicity and complexity both at the same time. The smoked flavor of the Uni gave a great depth matched with the obviously home made pasta with a non-over barring sauce, which is hard to do for a cream based variety. The main was the Short Rib Risotto. This was truly delightful. The Short Ribs were served whole and fell off the bone with a myriad if complex flavors while the perfect Risotto was served on the side. Together both complemented each other. For desert, both the Hazelnut mousse and the Olive cake. A must visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting combinationsOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/17/2014Second time there, food is very good but the combinations are a bit strange at times. Some of the fusion elements did not work. One thing that was very good was the crudoI would recommend this to a friend.
- Great! under the radar spotSsa1234VIPDined on 7/17/2014I don't know why more people don't come here and don't rant about this place. The roasted carrot with ricotta salad is out of this world I went back two days ina row for it. Perfectly charred carrots with nice balance of ricotta and salty parm. Host recognized that I came In two days in a row. Not many people here for lunch but a couple of tables.Another item that must me ordered is staticiatella w salsa verde and these amazing grilled toasts. It's on dinner menu but if you ask nicely they'll serve it for lunch. Really soo delicious. This and the carrot are must orders. Fish options are great too. Side orders are small but apsargus a miso I had once at dinner was phenomenal. Really this is a hidden gem more ppl should be talking about itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- i adore this placetdm1VIPDined on 7/16/2014me and all my psychoanalytic friends eat and drink here with gusto! Jay the bartender is amazingly charming. The pastas are super memorable--the flavors are enticing and unique. run don't walk!Special Features:
- Tasty pastasRussVIPDined on 7/15/2014The pastas are very tasty here. No need to order any meats or fish. Stick with the pastas and apps.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Maybe a bad night?OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/11/2014Food would have rated 3.5 had we not been served an order of porchetta that came nowhere near its namesake. It was all fat, not even a bit of meat--basically inedible. We've had porchetta in Greve, Panzano, and other Tuscan towns and this resembled that not at all.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/9/2014Love all' Onda. Disappointed that they did not have sea urchin boccatini that night. Something about a red wave and they were compromised during the ocean's act up. Service was a bit spotty tonight but food so good it doesn't matter.Special Features:
- Lives up to the buzzTheoVIPDined on 7/9/2014It's almost a SNL parody--Italian Japanese fusion--but they make it work. While I was disappointed that the bucatini with uni was 86'ed (shortage apparently), that disappointment went away as soon as I tried the lumache with a healthy portion of succulent duck ragu and my partner's short rib tortelli. With appetizers, the pasta dishes were hearty enough for an entire meal. We had the crudi tasting. The hamachi & tuna were beautifully prepared w/ delicate flavors that complemented the fish well. But the sardine was disappointing -- a little too fishy and under-seasoned. The carrot appetizer was brilliant--& I hate cooked carrots.The sommelier really knows his stuff and recommended the perfect demi-sec for a hot summer eve. Well done!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sadly v quiet but amazing pastasuthersVIPDined on 7/9/2014Came here for lunch on my birthday the other day. Sadly there was only 1 other table in the restaurant but I don't know why as the food was v good. The pastas were better than the mains but we really enjoyed everything. Our server was very friendly and wine by the glass selection good too. We will be back for dinner soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingLuv2dineDined on 7/2/2014Had a bite at the bar first which tasted like it was prepared in the morning. At the table, our salad was delicious but when the fish came it just smelled and was not good. The sides were good enough but very small. Not worth going at all.
- Portions!PRIZERVIPDined on 7/1/2014Smallest portions I've ever seen in my life, combined with no bread = leaving hungry. Thr $50 market price uni pasta was delicious, but at that cost, I think more than a fist-sized serving (at lunch, admittedly) would have been warranted.
- This Place is a FindNYCSCHVIPDined on 6/30/2014I stumbled onto All'Onda while looking for something new to try with friends. It lived up to its reputation of online reviews and more. From the get-go we had a great experience - the bartender was friendly but professional and made us some homemade liqueur called Chamborisette (sp?) that was amazing, and then the food was outstanding. I had the pasta which was perfectly done with a duck ragu and my dinner companions had fish and a veal chop respectively. All 3 dishes were wonderful even though each was so different than the others. Am definitely looking forward to a return visit soon.Special Features:
- overallrcmdDined on 6/28/2014Small portion high price presentation poor service poor and pretending too be venetion cuisine far from that.
- All'Onda all over the placeGolem212VIPDined on 6/23/2014I don't like to be negative, and I appreciate when restaurateurs work hard to please their customers, but a recent visit to All'Onda left much to be desired. To be fair, the management was generous and gracious when olive oil splashed all over my shirt, when the wrong entree arrived, (I don't think they charged us) and a glass of wine was well past its prime (they cheerfully provided a new one.) I think the space is nice and the people are willing. As for the execution, it's time for a training exercise! We appreciated not being charged for a missed order, but would much rather pay the price for food and service as ordered.
- The following 0 reviews are from the All'Onda reviews archive.