22 E. 13th St.
New York, NY 10003Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.allondanyc.com/
- Phone: (212) 231-2236
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary Italian, Italian, Wine Bar
- Executive Chef: Chris Jaeckle
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Please contact Tim Gonyon at firstname.lastname@example.org for catering info.
A word from All'Onda
All’onda is a modern Italian restaurant in Manhattan near Union Square. Venice is the inspiration for Chef Chris Jaeckle and Restaurateur Chris Cannon.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
All'Onda reviews from OpenTable diners
- Food is excellent.ADeatwellVIPDined on 11/18/2014Superb pastas, great chicken dish, delicious baked clams, terrific mousse. Wonderful blend of flavors in all dishes. We will be back often.Special Features:
- ....“WE ARE A VERY BUSY RESTAURANT…DO YOU KNOW???”LedaDined on 11/14/2014I have been at All`Onda before for lunch and it was good, so I decide to go for dinner. Our reservation was for 7:45pm Friday night, we did arrived at 8pm and the hostess has already canceled the reservation. She could have called us, like all top restaurants do.Then she told us that the next available table was going to be around 9:30pm! She invites us to have some drinks-sss at the bar. I m verbatim her sentence: “WE ARE A VERY BUSY RESTAURANT…DO YOU KNOW???” Obviously we left.Special Features:
- Great Food but Poor ServicenycfoodieVIPDined on 11/11/2014Our waiter was not attentive, took him forever to get us anything from bread, wine to appetizer to the final bill. If the service quality can improve better, I'd come back.Special Features:
- All'Onda I will be back!gourmetgirlNYLAVIPDined on 11/11/2014The food was incredible. The carrot appetizer which was so flavorful with creamy ricotta beneath. The hamachi appetizer was perfectly balanced with olive oil, ponzu and crunchy salt. The uni bucatini was smokey, creamy deliciousness. I never liked Uni until eating it here. I will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BellaDined on 11/6/2014The food was delicate and sumptious done with hints of asian. My two favorite cuisines Italian and Asian combined soooo delicately--What a great combination! Portions were generous. Highly recommend. Laura our waitress was a true professional, helpful and appearing at just the right times. Go there-- you wont be disappointed.Special Features:
- Better and better!ProsNConsVIPDined on 11/1/2014Very happy with the fact this place continues to get better and that is coming from a position where it was good to start with. Garganelli, our favorite now has that extra brightness of a bit of lemon that works with the seafood. It is an overall light flavorful dish. This time, I hogged the clams casino all to myself - easy to do with the order of 5 small little necks, which is exactly how I would pick them anyway - 6 might be better!Special Features:
- NYC Favorite!TheDarlingsVIPDined on 10/30/2014The food here is always delightful -- fresh ingredients and impeccable preparation. A great spot for lunch and one we visit every time we are in the city. Wine list is stocked with gems.Special Features:
- G-E-MPeterVIPDined on 10/23/2014Become a regular now because when 13th Street constuction projects end it will be hard to get a table. The food is excellent (short rib or Branzino for two, hamachi, fresh pasta), wine list perfect and even the bar is a great place to hang out.Special Features:
- Wonderful Italian Restaurantase1707VIPDined on 10/14/2014My wife and I along with another couple enjoyed another wonderful meal at All'Onda. This was our second time dining here and it did not disappoint. The restaurant is charming with old brick walls surrounding a well decorated space. The service was professional and not at all intrusive. All four of us enjoyed our dishes that ranged from fish to pasta to meat. This restaurant is a treat and we will return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- it was OKGogogmacVIPDined on 10/14/2014Our waiter was very nice. I wished food was as good as service. We had a short Rib, which turned out to be way too fatty, nothing to eat. We were so disappointed by food.
- inventive VenetianalmacVIPDined on 10/14/2014The chef's take on Venetian food is inventive and imaginative. The roasted carrots with ricotta were spicy and light. Lumache with duck ragu was delicious. There was no one there at lunch so service was solicitous and unobtrusive. The wine list was impressive and wide ranging in price. Since it was a work day, my companion and I only had a glass each. Will return for an evening meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/13/2014We have been a few times and each time we and our guest have loved the food. Very attentive, knowledgeable staff. Good wine list with a wide range on offer and pricing. The Branzino for two was beyond great.Special Features:
- Not impressedNycfooooodDined on 10/11/2014Our waitress was fairly unattentive and seemed inexperienced. We chose a bottle of wine from the extensive wine list.. she (or anyone) didn't have much knowledge about the vineyards or the specific wine we ordered. In addition, when she opened the bottle, she got some cork in the glass. I could have done without that. Appetizers: we ordered the Stracciatella, Arancini and Saltimbocca Spiedini. All 3 were great. We ordered the Short Rib entree for 2. It looked AMAZING when it got to the table.. We cut into it and it was ICE COLD in the center. The restaurant replaced it and comp'd us an appetizer to chomp on while we waited. Overall, inconsistent. The 'C' grading from the Health Dept is also scary. We won't be telling our friends.Special Features:
- Deliciously prepared!!CompumanVIPDined on 9/27/2014Absolutely delicious cuisine from start to finish. Each dish was thoughtfully prepared and really knocked it out of the park. Our waitress was a sweet heart but the service was a little spotty as the entrees took longer than they should have. We did get our 2nd drink comped which was very nice and appropriate, considering the weird lag. The food was well worth the wait and the quality of the dishes made up for any service issues. Really looking forward to going back and trying the other dishes :)Special Features:
- Perfect!pcolinoVIPDined on 9/27/2014Every single thing we ate was very good: The bread, the tuna crudo, the polenta, the lobster risoto, the arancini and the olive oil cake. I would have liked to see more options for dessert, however. Tables are really tight and little noisy.Special Features:
- Wonderful Meal ....ase1707VIPDined on 9/24/2014My wife and I dined at All'Onda and we will definitely return! We really enjoyed all aspects of our evening. The restaurant is very pretty and the menu is diverse with many excellent choices. Our server was professional and enjoyable as he explained several of the dishes to us in detail. The food is nothing shot of delicious and we enjoyed our evening immensely. We will return again soon ......Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty new spotSarabVIPDined on 9/22/2014Well designed attractive 2 story space. Menu seems a bit challenging...some odd choices, a bit pricey. We settled on an app and pasta...lumache was delicious, rich and buttery and the tomato ricotta...fresh and bright flavors. Good wine. Lovely friendly helpful waitress. We opted for a yummy iced coffee beverage for dessert...like a fancy latte. Despite $8 each, it was like having a coffee soda. I will return...Special Features:
- The definition of neighborhood gemPeterVIPDined on 9/18/2014A stylish. small, excellent spot hidden in currently crowded 13th street near 5th. We've attacked the menu and there are no disappointments. The two-share short rib and whole branzino are really great. We have been up and down the starters now and none disappoint. Go try All'OndraSpecial Features:
- Excellent but priceyrstrVIPDined on 9/17/2014Excellent modern Italian restaurant. Very interesting wine list: you can have excellent Italian wines under 50 USD, which is rare in New York. One star less on the overall evaluation, because pastas were priced as main courses and portioned as appetizers. I am not fond of very big portions, in particular in this kind of establishment. I mean, I'd love to have pasta AND a main course. But looking at the price of pastas it did not occur to me that this would have probably been the best option. And yet, doing that would make the restaurant too pricey.Special Features:
- Fantastic per usualSsa1234VIPDined on 9/16/2014Consistently great with great service and great dishesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect PastajosephoDined on 9/15/2014One of the best pasta restaurants I've ever been to. Out of the 4 pasta dishes I have tried, they have all been perfectly cooked, and absolutely delicious. Also not overpriced considering how good it is.Special Features:
- expectations metUESiderVIPDined on 9/9/2014All'onda was as a delicious as I heard/thought it was going to be. Pastas were awesome, apps were great. Bit of an asian fusion flare to the menu which is a nice change from other italian in the neighborhood. adorable spot in union square--would happily return.Special Features:
- ExcellentOrlandoVIPDined on 9/6/2014My girlfriend and I had a wonderful dinner this past Saturday. The meal was perfect and we found a wonderful wine for under $50. Actually there were quite a few wines under $50. The waiter was ok, but she didn't spoil the meal.Special Features:
- Good but not compellingOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/6/2014Restaurant design looks good but is a bit awkward and a bit noisy. Food is decent but generally not really exciting. The one outstanding aspect of the restaurant is the wine list - terrific selection of unusual, reasonably priced Italian wines.
- Outstanding Italian experiencefreemaxouVIPDined on 9/3/2014Awesome food Incredible italian wine list Great service Perfect locationSpecial Features:
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/28/2014It's rare to find a restaurant whose interior is as excellent as its outstanding food and whose servers are as knowledgeable as ours was. My friends and I can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/26/2014Really fantastic. Service very courteous but a bit confused at times, maybe still in training. But rest was executed perfectlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WowPeterVIPDined on 8/25/2014Had not been in since the "friends and family" period when the gas line was not installed. What they can do with a little gas! We started with Hamachi and Lumache -- oh boy. But the short rib for two was sooooo good and big that we actually took 1/3 home (happily). Sorbets excellent but beware because the lemon may change your mouth shape forever.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A favorite new findSophieDined on 8/23/2014We went to All'Onda for the wine list and to celebrate two birthdays and we were not disappointed. The food was excellent, staff was outstanding (particularly the sommelier) and we had the best prosecco I've ever tasted. We will definitely return!!Special Features:
- Big on heavynyfoodsnobVIPDined on 8/21/2014Food is very good here. A little disappointed with their pastas. Very unique combinations but extremely heavy flavors.Special Features:
- Lovely PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/19/2014Food was delicious and service couldn't have been better! Struck the perfect balance between casual neighborhood and fine dining.Special Features:
- FabulousLoreleiDined on 8/16/2014We came in for my birthday dinner. between the two of us we tried something from each section on the menu. Everything was so tasty and unique. The waiter was very helpful with the wine selections. The atmosphere was great; modern and fresh with a really great NYC vibe.Special Features:
- great food & serviceManhattandinerVIPDined on 8/15/2014Had a lovely dinner there on Friday. The garganelli, calamari and stracciatella were all delicious! Service was really good, too - friendly and attentive.Special Features:
- Great mealOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014This was a second visit. First visit was 2 people, second was seven! Both were great. Very interesting choices and something for everyone. On our first visit we ordered the "Top Hat" and liked it so much we asked for the ingredients and the bartender gave us a written recipe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice spin off by Ai Fiori chefFoodieVIPDined on 8/2/2014Excellent food in casual Village atmosphere . Interesting cocktails. Space is a little weird, but worth returning to.Special Features:
- FantasticOldtimenewyorkerVIPDined on 7/29/2014Chef Chris has outdone himself. Don't miss the tuna or the chicken liver crude. To die for! Great wine list as we'll. hidden gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FoodEra101Dined on 7/25/2014I was eager to try out All'Onda since it opened in January. The menu looked enticing.....I was not disappointed. Appetizers were a decent size and the calamari was fried but flavored outside of the norm of an Italian restaurant. Two sides especially the pea shooters were excellent and probably only appear in the menu during season. My husband and I shared the Brazini for two and it was good [I would have preferred slightly rarer]. I was surprised that since we were across from each other at the table that they didn't offer to split for us. I asked, they complied and deboned and split into manageable portions for us to share. Chocolate sorbet the best I have had. Waitress was efficient and friendly. We will return to this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous pastas!evdinesoutDined on 7/24/2014We have dined at All'Onda three times and haven't made it past the pastas yet. They are wonderful. Peaky-toe crab Garganelli with a slight hot hit and crunch, succulent duck ragu, the best cavatelli ever.Special Features:
- Great FindSeanVIPDined on 7/22/2014Had great "mocktails" at the bar from a unique list offering. Then off to the table for dinner. Started with the Crudi tasting and every bite was delicious. Shared the Uni Pasta and was blown away by the dish's simplicity and complexity both at the same time. The smoked flavor of the Uni gave a great depth matched with the obviously home made pasta with a non-over barring sauce, which is hard to do for a cream based variety. The main was the Short Rib Risotto. This was truly delightful. The Short Ribs were served whole and fell off the bone with a myriad if complex flavors while the perfect Risotto was served on the side. Together both complemented each other. For desert, both the Hazelnut mousse and the Olive cake. A must visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting combinationsOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/17/2014Second time there, food is very good but the combinations are a bit strange at times. Some of the fusion elements did not work. One thing that was very good was the crudoI would recommend this to a friend.