3003 Corporate West Drive
Lisle, IL 60532Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.hiltonlislenaperville.com/
- Phone: 6302457650x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 6:30am - 10:00pm Saturday - Sunday: 7:00am - 10:00pm "
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Nick Landeweer
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Allgauer's can accommodate parties of 10 or more.
- Private Party Contact: Catering Office 6305050900x3100
A word from Allgauer's
Allgauer's offers the bold innovative cuisine of Executive Chef, Nick Landeweer. The atmosphere is beautiful and inviting with a open and warm decor and large windows overlooking a pond. This bright and spacious interior is perfect for enjoying the daily specials or Allgauer's extensive menu. On Friday evenings, enjoy our All-You-Can-Eat Fish Fry with seasonal fried or baked cod, walleye or perch. Each Sunday, Allgauer's prepares a sumptuous Champagne Brunch. Allgauer's is perfect for lunch or dinner.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Allgauer's - Best Restaurants in Lisle ›
Allgauer's reviews from OpenTable diners
63 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (32)scenic view (25)great for brunch (25)good for groups (16)neighborhood gem (13)romantic (11)fit for foodies (11)great for lunch (10)kid-friendly (6)notable wine list (5)hot spot (2)late-night find (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Great MealIrieDined on 10/11/2014We went early on a Saturday, got seated by the window overlooking a pond. Everything was very good. I had the potato crusted halibut which was excellent. The fish was moist and had the crispy potato strings on the top. My husband had the sesame seared ahi tuna, he loved it. It was also nice that the entrees came with a soup or salad. We chose a very nice house salad with mixed greens. We also had chocolate cake for dessert. We had never been there before, but we will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service lackingCJT1VIPDined on 10/9/2014A Thursday night 6-7 PM, 2 waiters serving. Ours took our order then disappeared into the kitchen. Brought out soup and salad, then disappeared back into kitchen. Never came out to ask how we were doing. Why do servers spend so much time in the kitchen instead of checking on customers? They're SERVERS, not cooks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall nice experiencebbnaper55Dined on 10/4/2014The waiter made a mistake on one order so the third diner had to wait for a new plate to be prepared, leaving her sitting watching the others eat, which is awkward. The mistake was carried over to the bill, and we were charged for the erroneous entrée. Seemed a little odd that the waiter would not have corrected it. It was a menial $2 difference, and he apologized when it was pointed out. The food was very good though, and I loved that we could carry on a conversation easily with "dining room voices", a rarity these days. We will go back....Special Features:
- Sunday Brunch was AMAZINGtwilitemomDined on 9/28/2014I was at the Sunday Brunch this past Sunday in celebration of my birthday and it was AMAZING!!! The staff was very attentive and there is something for everyone there. If you leave hungry, it is your own fault.Special Features:
- Won't be backKCwilsonVIPDined on 9/26/2014Food service very,very slow. When food arrived, lukewarm and meat was rare not medium well as ordered. Meat cut was poor and full of grisly, inedible. Toasted Pound cake dessert visibly burnt. Brought a friend from out of town for a nice meal and was embarrassed. I expected higher quality all around given the price.
- Special CelebrationsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/23/2014My wife and I celebrate our birthdays,anniversaries and with our special friends.We always are satisfied with the total visit and look forward to many more.Special Features:
- This place is great!1ttJB1Dined on 9/21/2014I always enjoy eating here. Because of the price, we do this on special occassions. This year it was our 25th anniversary. The atmosphere is always pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderfully full bellies!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/14/2014We are always looking for something new and we hit a "food" mine! We celebrate our anniversary with brunches with our children and they enjoyed themselves immensely! The view was an unexpected pleasant surprise! I was just lovely and serene. The staff was wonderful and on-the-spot for service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Allgauer's in Lisle, Sunday BrunchRPhJDTravelerVIPDined on 9/7/2014While not inexpensive, the brunch here provides a wonderful assortment of foods. From prime rib and ham to Spanish style shrimp and unique desserts, even the most discerning of nomads can find something fine to eat here. Plus, there is champagne and a chocolate fountain for covering pineapple slices, rice krispie type treats and more. This place would be recommended for a special occasion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luvNitelifeVIPDined on 8/31/2014Beautiful view, delicious Halibut (our favorite), wonderful staff.....Jerry, our waiter.......excellent service. This is one of our favorites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/24/2014We enjoyed celebrating our anniversary at Allgauer's. The food was great, and the atmosphere was very pleasant.Special Features:
- Great venue for special occasionpelichemDined on 8/18/2014Used to eat several times per year at this restaurant. Had not been there in a few years, but found that the food and service are still outstanding. Were celebrating our 35th wedding anniversary, and both of us were quite pleased. New York Strip Steak and Filet Mignon were great. Service was exemplary. Server offered us a delicious dessert for the occasion. Prices were reasonable, and a $23.00 coupon and the free dessert helped.Special Features:
- Tops in my bookliketoeatDined on 8/17/2014I enjoyed this restaurant's Sunday brunch very much. I was surprised by the innovative salads, the wide selection of seafood offerings, excellent entrée choices and very high quality deserts. Service was excellent; plates were cleared diligently, coffee was replenished regularly and the sparkling wine glass was never empty. The brunch is an excellent value and although full of people the room was quiet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best brunch ever!FritzDined on 8/17/2014Incredible selection. Salads, breakfast items, seafood, desserts, and carving station, all great. And the Champagne is a nice touch. Excellent service.Special Features:
- SusanDined on 8/17/2014This is our "go to" place for brunch. The best in the suburbs. Tons of choices, the greatest dessert table, and wonderful service. If you go away hungry it is your own fault.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MarleyDined on 8/15/2014The Friday night fish fry is a good bargain at $19.95, since you also get a choice of soup or salad and bread. The beer batter breading is heavy, but you have a choice to order the fish blackened or sautéed. I got the sautéed walleye pike and it was very good. I would not order it breaded.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fish fryOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/15/2014Great fish fry!! Worth a visit to this hotel on Friday .Special Features:
- It was okay.pep99Dined on 8/10/2014If you are a seafood lover and a dessert lover then you will enjoy it. Salmon and desserts were exceptional. The other items tasted like hotel breakfast buffets.Special Features:
- DisappointedSocialOneDined on 8/9/2014We went for our anniversary dinner because we had a coupon. Buy one entree, get one free, up to $25. Doesn't that sound good? Well, the waiter said we couldn't use our coupon on the "medium" portions. We had to order the "Full" portions @$29 and up......My husband had a drink which cost $10. The waiter charged us $8 for a complimentary dessert...which he did remove once we brought it to his attention. Our total bill was over $60. We feel that the waiter did everything he could to compensate for the $25 coupon. He succeeded. We don't consider Allgauer's a high-end, fancy restaurant. I guess they do. Don't bother to use that coupon for dinner. Maybe a lunch coupon is better. I sure hope so. You won't see us at Allgauer's again.
- Fish FryChumley113Dined on 8/8/2014Attended with family for the new Friday fish fry. Food was acceptable, and the "all-you-can-eat" option was well offered by wait staff. Food was just a little bland. Service was a bit slow, but the friendliness of the staff made up for the wait. All were very engaging. Surrounding patrons appeared to be happy with the food, but I did witness one table extremely dissatisfied with the wait for food, and left prior to being served. Restaurant itself starting to look "dated", and might be in need of modernization or remodeling.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Manager was Unpleasant & RudeYoungProfessionalsDined on 8/3/2014My Husband and I have dined here quite often mostly before they cancelled their Friday Seafood Buffet. Though the food is alright, the managers on duty are always unapproachable. They lack customer service skills unlike the warm and inviting servers. These Managers seem to favor certain types of guests, but I won't go into details.Special Features:
- Solid lunch choiceATrainVIPDined on 7/30/2014Had a salmon salad, reasonably priced though not a great value or anything. Would have liked them to include rolls with it. Everything tasted fine, and was fresh. Overall, it was good, but not great. Nothing like their spectacular brunch.I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent serviceJayKDined on 7/26/2014Food is always great, and service is to, expecially if you have "Bruce" as your server. He is the best!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BrunchDinersDliteDined on 7/20/2014I loved the ambiance of Allgauer's. The great variety of salads and entrees keep us coming back for more. The table loved the new York strip steak and the cheese platter. The mango avocado salad and quinoa salad were a favorite amongst the table and need I say more, endless crab legs. Service was well time and super friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No fish at the frysoozVIPDined on 7/18/2014we went to Allgauers for the Friday night fish fry. After we ordered they told us they did not have any of the Walleye - the reason we went. After a long wait they brought out the perch - but it was cold. We asked that they do something in exchange for the lack of the Walleye but no one ever even apologized. The food here is mediocre and i would not go back.
- I wouldn't change a thing!RUHungryDined on 7/13/2014Consistently reliable excellent dining experience. Amazing selections at Sunday brunch, all perfectly prepared and served in a sunlit atmosphere. Bravo to the great team of people who make this restaurant a truly fine dining experience - don't change a thing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sosoNoisyDined on 7/12/2014Entrees were very good. Onion soup had a good flavor but it was not hot and the cheese was not cooked well. The creme brûlée was overcooked as it was not silky and smooth but lumpy almost to the point of cooked eggs.Special Features:
- AverageItalyDined on 7/11/2014The meal was average, the service below average and the noise not energetic but noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gottaeatDined on 7/6/2014The variety of food was incredible - prime rib, seafood, unusual side dishes, great desserts and non-stop champagne. Couldn't have gone to a better brunch!Special Features:
- Allgauer's in LisleGreatDined on 6/27/2014Enjoyed the fish fry. You also have a choice of saute, beer battered fried or blackened plus gluten free as well as two or three different kinds of fish. Call the day of to see what kind of fish the are serving that evening. When we went they had Cod, Lake Perch and Walleye Pike. Usually have at least two of these.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 465 reviews are from the Allgauer's reviews archive.
- Delicious But Need To Change MenuOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/21/2014Loved it. Wonderful service. New rule about not offering steak knives for fear of customers cutting themselves. Really? Have had everything on the menu in 2 yrs. Please change!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always An Enjoyable ExperiencepatriotDined on 6/16/2014We usually get back to the Lisle, IL area about once or twice a year. Allgauer's is always on our list of restaurants to visit. Their entrees are unique, well presented, varies, and most importantly, delicious. Our waiter, Bruce, as been at Allgauer's for years and he always provides us with outstanding service. This time, we were staying at the Hilton Hotel, in which Allgauer's is located, so it was an easy decision to eat there after a long day of driving. I had the salmon and my wife had the crab cakes and beet salad. Everything was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good local restaurantLynnVIPDined on 6/12/2014The crusted halibut was very good and the waiter was attentive. He even had the music turned down, when we wanted to talk. They gave a delicious complimentary dessert for our birthday celebration. We had a table next to large windows overlooking their landscaped back area, and it was lovely, despite I-88 being immediately behind it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful restaurant!pam52VIPDined on 6/8/2014I have been here many times through the years for brunch and dinner. Allgauer's nver disappoints. The food is excellent as is the service. The view of the water and trees is lovely when sitting by a table at the windows. Chairs are comfortable. White tablecloth. Fair pricing. Nice for romantic dinner, dinner with friends, Sunday brunch, or a group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Did something change?MooseVIPDined on 6/6/2014This restaurant had good reviews. Something must have changed. They did not have the seafood and prime rib buffet that was advertised. The service was prompt but very curt. We had to pry information from the server. He did his job, but showed no sign of being friendly. The food tasted like it was prepared and microwaved, like a frozen dinner. The gravy definitely came out of a can. The cake for dessert tasted like Pepperidge Farm frozen cakes. It was not worth the price and not worth the visit. We were staying at the hotel. I would only visit this place if you are staying at the hotel and do not want to leave the building. Of the ten or so tables occupied we overheard the vast majority of them complaining.
- DisappointingeatingoutisatreatDined on 6/6/2014We miss the seafood buffet. We gave the menu option a try in honor of our daughter's birthday. Complimentary birthday sweet/cake was appreciated. Overall value was not seen; unremarkable and disappointing meal (chicken Marsala with mashed potatoes and seasonal vegetables, my one daughter had salmon, the birthday girl tried the skate with shrimp, and my husband had the fish fry. Waiter service was slow (take note: bus boy was excellent and attentive and would make an excellent waiter). I don't think we'll be back any time soon, unfortunately. We might try it again for brunch sometime though and give it another try.
- luvNitelifeVIPDined on 6/6/2014The potato crusted Halibut were excellent like always. Service (Jerry) excellent, but the shrimp cocktail was disappointing....the shrimp was not fresh and the sauce was lacking in flavor. In the past....it was always wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Allgauer's in LisleGreatDined on 6/3/2014We love Allgauer's. The food and sevice are always great. We went Tuesday night and did not know it was steak night so that was a good deal, too as it included salad and dessert. The dessert we took home as we could not eat it after the meal. Of course, no coupons could be used. We usually always have a coupon. This is one of our favorite places to eat for a special dinner and, therefore, highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful Sunday BrunchcomptonmwDined on 6/1/2014We have been here a couple of times but last Sunday we really enjoyed our late morning brunch. There was a good variety of food (and this time there wasn't as many "shrimp with everything" dishes which we enjoyed as we don't eat shrimp). The desserts are sinfully delicious. The wait staff was attentive but let us talk with our friends as long as we wanted.Special Features:
- Good brunch but pricey (w/auto-tip)averagedinerDined on 5/25/2014$40 is at the top end of what a brunch of this quality should cost, but adding an automatic 20% tip on top for groups of 6+ seems out of line since the guests are serving themselves and the staff is just filling drinks and clearing plates.Special Features: