Allgauer's Restaurant - Doubletree Hotel
5000 W. 127th St.
Alsip, IL 60803Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Allgauer's Restaurant - Doubletree Hotel
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.chicagoalsip.doubletree.com/
- Phone: (708) 272-4223
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:00am - 11:00am, Saturday & Sunday: 7:00am - 12:00pm; Sunday Brunch: 10:30am - 2:00pm; Lunch: Everyday: 11:00am - 2:00pm, Dinner: Everyday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Ed Trinkaus
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Allgauer's Restaurant is located inside the Doubletree Hotel Chicago-Alsip which can accommodate groups from 15 to 450.
- Private Party Contact: Kelly Sujka 708-272-4210
A word from Allgauer's Restaurant - Doubletree Hotel
It's casual, it’s sophisticated, it’s delicious, it's the place to be. Allgauer's Restaurant has taken on a whole new personality upon the completion of its million dollar renovation. The one thing that has remained the same is the tradition of quality and impeccable service that has earned the restaurant's famous reputation. The sizzle isn't all that is on the grill at Allgauer's! The dining experience is elevated to a new level with an atmosphere that is casual, sophisticated, and contemporary. The artwork is the signature work of commissioned artist Daniel Ramón. Even the table tops are works of art! Eight of the tables feature Ramon's artwork under glass. Sultry shades of orange, red and yellow adorn the walls and fabrics. Warm cherry woods, rich coffee colored button-tufted leather banquettes, unique architectural inspired lighting and contemporary touches all help create the exquisite experience. Allgauer's is the perfect place for a casual breakfast, lunch or dinner.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Allgauer's Restaurant - Doubletree Hotel reviews from OpenTable diners
12 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (5)neighborhood gem (4)fit for foodies (3)great for brunch (2)kid-friendly (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Easy to Miss!JeanEVIPDined on 11/5/2014Well, guys, I know there is a sign for this restaurant as you pass the Double Tree Hotel in Alsip. But, honestly, who thinks of a destination restaurant in a suburban area? In downtown Chicago, that would be a given; but here in the suburbs, we generally just go to a local restaurant when we want to eat close to home. But wait! This is close to home! And, not only is the menu terrific, the staff is wonderful, the restaurant is clean and cozy, and the food is just plain great! And, following the southside mindset of more bang for your buck, the portions are not only delicious, but generous enough to make another meal from the leftovers. There is something for anyone's taste here. Go try them. You won't be disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceSporadicDinerDined on 10/25/2014My mother and I had the Filet Mignon. Food was excellent, my mother loved the Cream of Chicken soup (my mother makes the best soup in the world so this is quite a compliment). Wait staff very personable and knowledgeable of menu items. The room has a nice ambience. The place never got busy. Not sure if this is because the restaurant is in the hotel. This is sad because it has great food and service. Will definitely go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- allgauers nicemarvinVIPDined on 10/18/2014allgauers is a nice restaurant tucked inside the doubletree hotel, i have eaten there several times, food is always goodSpecial Features:
- Great experience.AlsipDined on 10/4/2014Everyone was really nice and attentive to our needs. The food was delicious and we had some left over. The place is very clean. I would definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!MeLikeyVIPDined on 9/18/2014Excellent night out with the girls! Great food, and they don't rush you out the door! We'll be back.Special Features:
- Good SpotDon357Dined on 9/8/2014We try random restaurants from time to time for a little spontaneity. So we were open for anything. We were pleasantly surprised to find a this quaint little restaurant inside the hotel. The staff were very friendly and accommodating. We had to bring our two month old because babysitting fell through. They adjusted the air conditioning so she wouldnt be cold even though we didnt request it.The food was excellent. We enjoyed it there and would recommend it friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/5/2014A law passed in Illinois in January 2014 that prevents a server tip from being included on dining bills. Allgauer's continues to add an 18% tip to the bill. We were a party of 2, dined at this restaurant in July 2014 and after brining this to the manager's attention, nothing has changed.Special Features:
- The following 139 reviews are from the Allgauer's Restaurant - Doubletree Hotel reviews archive.
- Spectacularbarbiegirl1Dined on 7/10/2014One of the best places to have a filet. The waiter was superb always attentive. The bus boy always kept are area clear and glasses of water full. highly recommendSpecial Features:
- BeautifulOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/10/2014Beautiful restaurant, our first experience and it was wonderful. Really reasonable prices, great food and the service was exceptional. The restaurant is in a hotel and every member of the staff asked about how our night was going. We felt very well cared for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed at Allgauer'sLizzieVIPDined on 6/17/2014I had a 6 am breakfast reservation as I was leaving for a business trip. The restaurant opened late (6:20 am) and didn't know how to check me in for opentable. I chose the breakfast buffet. The coffee was bitter, there was no syrup by the french toast until I asked, and there were fruit flies by the fruit. The breakfast was comparable to other hotel buffets but the service left much to be desired.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/25/2014when i saw it online i thought the brunch would be bigger and in a bigger area. it felt kind of cramped. i heard for bigger holidays it is betterI would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day Dinner thru the StormJAWS3VIPDined on 5/11/2014Came for Mothers Day dinner, and it wasn't overly crowded l ike so many other places. Maybe it was the rain and hail storm we encountered on the way. We were able to easily make reservations. We absolutely loved the prime rib buffet. Very good understated service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasting something newhot34Dined on 5/11/2014I enjoy my dinner I think they could have had a little more like corn and one more soup. The ranch dresses was a little to thick it made the taste a little off. The season for the hot wing was not what I'm use to they weren't hot I think they could check into a different season. Hot wings are a big things so you want them to have that pop out taste. The steak was delicious the service was beautiful, a very friendly place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent StaffKarenG67Dined on 4/27/2014All of the staff from the hostess, waiters, even the busboys are extremely friendly, courteous and attentive.Special Features:
- nice restaurantmarvinVIPDined on 4/27/2014this restaurant is kind of hidden in the doubletree hotel, but food is very good, i have not had a bad meal there yet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodYummyVIPDined on 4/20/2014Good food but a little noisy and chaotic. We also had to wait awhile even though we had reservations. The service was good and a good variety was offered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EASTER BRUNCHcmackVIPDined on 4/20/2014Five of us went for Easter Brunch to the Allgauer's in Alsip. I'm not sure if the staff was overwhelmed, but seating us took a while. It was 10-15 minutes before a waitress came to our table. The food was pretty good for a buffet.Special Features:
- Downhill experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/8/2014The hostess took my order, the kitchen was closing soon & the lounge was noisy so I had her place it for room service,I ordered the salmon she recommended & an extra side of potatoes. Sadly, I didn't check the order when it came, I left it covered til I sat down to eat after a quick shower. The kitchen had closed before my meal had even arrived. When I did sit down to eat I found I had NO ENTREE AT ALL, just side salad, the chard & 2 potato cakes (not the sides I had ordered). I called the front desk & let them know what happened, it took a while for them to understand "no entree", like nearly 10 minutes. I asked for the meal to be comped, they still charged me gratuities! Not a good reflection on Double Tree or this restaurant.
- food for thoughtbbckDined on 3/28/2014We received a Groupon $25 off, so we thought we would try this restaurant. Atmosphere was nice. Waitress came to the table and introduced herself. We waited 15 minutes for the waitress to come and take our order. She did offer to pay for the appetizer were ordered for forgetting about us. The food was good, except I order steamed vegetable with my Salmon, because I don't like swiss chard and I got the swiss chard anyway. She never came back to the table to see how everything was. Next time we saw her she brought our check, she never asked if we wanted anything else. When she came back she told us they add gratuity to the bill because we used a coupon - I was ok with that. I wasn't ok with being taxed on the gratuity!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Prime Rib BuffetThizelDined on 3/23/2014We had gone there for Valentines Day so we thought we'd go back back for our anniversary. Sunday is Prime Rib Buffet Day and although the Prime Rib was tender, it lacked flavor. A good steak doesn't need Steak sauce but this steak did. Everything else was good and we would definitely return and order off of the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemCarmelladyDined on 2/21/2014My first time dining at this restsurant. Never thought places like this existed in the south suburbs. I came here for my 31st birthday dinner and it was amazing. We got the crab cakes for an appetizer, it was simply delicious! (Needed just a couple more crab cakes). For dinner I had the filet, my mom had the short ribs, nice size portions of everything. We really enjoyed our food!!Our waitress was also a delight. I cand wait to go back for brunch and Sundays they have a all you can eat prime rib buffet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mixed FeelingsIlliniHopeVIPDined on 2/18/2014We had a birthday offer of a meal free with one purchased and decided to try Allgauers. We were greeted and seated quickly, and service, for the most part, was attentive, however our waiter made several mistakes which took away from the overall experience. My steak was ordered with a blue cheese crust and came without (our waiter nicely brought a generous serving of heated blue cheese and didn't add the surcharge) and my husband ordered the ribeye steak and received prime rib instead. He didn't want to take the time to send it back, so he ate is anyway. Both meats were ordered medium, and both bordered on well done. Sides were very good. Overall it was a good but not great meal for the money; we wouldn't return if paying full price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemProfessorqueDined on 2/16/2014I live about 15 minutes from the restaurant and decided to take my wife for a Valentines weekend dinner at this location. I really never thought about the place one way or another until now. The food was amazing the service was great even though they were short staffed. This place is not for big crowds but that's what makes it nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!!ThizelDined on 2/15/2014The Valentine's Day special which went over to the 15th, was an excellent choice. They gave us two appetizers which consisted of shrimp chowder soup and we shared some cheese fondue. Our entrees were stuffed chicken breast with linguine, artichokes and spinach in a white cream sauce, my fiance' had the surf and turf with roasted potatoes and steamed veges (zucchini and squash). The deal also included a heart shape chocolate cake with raspberries and strawberries on the side. Topped of with a glass of champagne each. We couldn't even touch the dessert and I am able to split my leftovers with my fiance'.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over cookednthammDined on 2/14/2014The food was pretty good, but both meals were over cooked. The salmon was better than the filet though. The filet was ordered medium and it was not even a little pink in the middle. Definitely disappointing for the money that was spent.Special Features:
- Valentine's day 2014babeesgurlDined on 2/14/2014My fiance is very particular and picky, but enjoys the basics. Allgauers provided exactly what he needed. The ribeye was perfectly coked, and my brisket was sensational. The shrimp bisque was fantastic !!! I especially enjoyed the trio of servers. WE WERE SPOILED !!! TYRONE ROCKED !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- special occasionanniversarydinersDined on 2/11/2014My husband and I chose Allgauer's to celebrate our wedding anniversary. We have dined here once in the past and remembered how good their steaks were. We were not disappointed!! The ribeye and prime rib were delicious!! I cannot say enough wonderful things about the staff!! From the hostess to the waitress to the busboy, all of them were really friendly and welcoming. We did not have to ask for refills and there was very little wait time for any of our food. We will definitely be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very ComfortableTonyDined on 2/7/2014The staff was very helpful, the food was excellent, fair priced, and I enjoyed my visit. Definitely filled the bill for the evening that I had planned.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful!BabeDined on 1/15/2014The hostess, waitress and man whose position I'm not certain of were friendly, professional and fun. The food was delicious. The three of us had a wonderful lunch and visit. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We really enjoyed our experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/25/2013We really enjoyed our experience. We were seated upon arrival per our reservation, Service was freindly and attentive, The meal was delicous. We will be back!Special Features:
- Christmas BrunchSharWDined on 12/25/2013With very few options for dining out on Christmas day, Champagne Brunch at Allgauer's turned out great. Instead of dining in restaurant, they opened the banquet rooms (part of Doubletree Hotel) which provided more space. Room was decorated and buffet offered many tasty options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Merry ChristmasILuvGoodFoodDined on 12/25/2013I feel this Xmas brunch was overpriced! The server for our table was not good. He acted like he was so rushed & there was hardly any people here for Xmas brunch. I was glad so we weren't rushed to get out for the price we paid. I was disappointed in the selection of food & deserts for the price! They had lox & no bagels?? When asked, I was directed to a dinner roll??? The brunch was held in a big room not even the restaurant that could've been a little more festive, it felt more like a company dinner! I'm disappointed that they didn't even give us a candy cane or Xmas cookie to take home. Just about every brunch has peppermints as you leave!! I don't think I would go again for Xmas. We were a party of 6, so it was not what I had hoped for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic Dining near home!PeachesDined on 12/17/2013I loved the service, the beautiful decor and the entire dining experience. It's nice to have great food, service, and ambience practically right at home, here in the south suburbs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classy!!!!SHarrisDined on 11/28/2013Surprisingly good food for the Thanksgiving Holiday! The service was excellent and they kept the mimosas coming :). The carving station and dessert table were my favorites. The cuisine was flavorful, simple yet elegant and I would visit again!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Matradee and others seatingDonnaDined on 11/28/2013Matradee and others seating us were very nice. Food was excellent. The only problem was the servers who gave very poor service. We had to call them over to our table to get service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Allgauer almost goodPatmcDined on 11/17/2013This place has the potential to be great.....great food, eggs cooked to choice, carving station, friendly people...but the follow-up service seemed a bit off. Lots of servers walking around, but little attention to the table. Had to ask even for the champagne or mimosa..and a 2nd cup of coffee! Unimaginable in the USA! The lunch selections were tasty and diverse. The desserts looked a little tired but were tasty.Special Features:
- Family night at Allgauer'sOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/9/2013We were up for casual Friday night family dinner for four. We got good food and large portions. Service staff was polite and knowledgeable and we were not rushed. We arrived right after a busy time and that worked out just fine. Good place to go in the neighborhood and they will do short notice reservations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice soup and appetizersdarealnicVIPDined on 10/28/2013Enjoyed the ham/lentil/pineapple soup, as well as the wings. The main course was a salmon dish that was pretty good too. We got great service from the hostess, waitress and busboy. Very nice meal and dining experience at a hotel restaurant (after a long day's work).I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprise Hotel Restaurant!SweetestDayDateDined on 10/19/2013Visited Allgauer's in the Alsip Doubletree Hotel last Saturday night. Very pleasantly surprised at the ambiance and decor. This is a nice little place with excellent food- portions are more than adequate, delicious. Service was great, they kept a nice pace. Never felt rushed. Nice variety of wines, beers and mixed drinks. Loved the sampler dessert plate! Will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best filet in town..OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/16/2013we are celebrating my birthday, and a friend of mine's birthday. we had the filet mignon, and it was absolutely wonderfu!l he devoured his and I managed to get three meals out of mine... Best spomoni, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.