Allgauer's Restaurant - Doubletree Hotel
5000 W. 127th St.
Alsip, IL 60803Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Allgauer's Restaurant - Doubletree Hotel
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.chicagoalsip.doubletree.com/
- Phone: (708) 272-4223
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:00am - 11:00am, Saturday & Sunday: 7:00am - 12:00pm; Sunday Brunch: 10:30am - 2:00pm; Lunch: Everyday: 11:00am - 2:00pm, Dinner: Everyday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Ed Trinkaus
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Allgauer's Restaurant is located inside the Doubletree Hotel Chicago-Alsip which can accommodate groups from 15 to 450.
- Private Party Contact: Kelly Sujka 708-272-4210
A word from Allgauer's Restaurant - Doubletree Hotel
It's casual, it’s sophisticated, it’s delicious, it's the place to be. Allgauer's Restaurant has taken on a whole new personality upon the completion of its million dollar renovation. The one thing that has remained the same is the tradition of quality and impeccable service that has earned the restaurant's famous reputation. The sizzle isn't all that is on the grill at Allgauer's! The dining experience is elevated to a new level with an atmosphere that is casual, sophisticated, and contemporary. The artwork is the signature work of commissioned artist Daniel Ramón. Even the table tops are works of art! Eight of the tables feature Ramon's artwork under glass. Sultry shades of orange, red and yellow adorn the walls and fabrics. Warm cherry woods, rich coffee colored button-tufted leather banquettes, unique architectural inspired lighting and contemporary touches all help create the exquisite experience. Allgauer's is the perfect place for a casual breakfast, lunch or dinner.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Allgauer's Restaurant - Doubletree Hotel reviews from OpenTable diners
- Worth Checking OutRUHungryDined on 9/10/2013Amazing service from the time you are greeted by the hostess who explains the specials after seating you, to the warm, friendly, attentive waitress whom we never had to look for or ask twice for something - because she never forgot anything! Thai lettuce wrap appetizer served on Bibb lettuce - unique. The filet was cooked to perfection and the prime rib serving covered the plate. While all this culinary delight was taking place, we dined in a subdued, quiet atmosphere where your dinner partner's conversation could actually be heard. Wine list not impressive, but food, atmosphere and service make up for that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and superior serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/20/2013I recently celebrated my birthday at Allgauer's with a delicious salmon dinner. It was terrific and so was the dessert. But the highlight of the evening was our server, Cassie. She was informative, friendly and courteous. All in all a wonderful experience and I look forward to visiting Allgauer's again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time going here andDCBCDined on 6/21/2013First time going here and was impressed with quality as well as quantity of food. Service was excellent. We went for an early dinner so not many dining at that time. Would definitely go back in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- From the smiling hostess atOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/19/2013From the smiling hostess at the door to phill the server, everyone is nice. The staff goes above and beyond to assist their guests. Great team they have working there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2 dinners varied experiences.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/12/2013We have now dined there twice. The first time we ordered steaks which were superb. Sunday, we took out family for dinner. Our daughters selections were superb. My husband and I ordered prime rib. The prime rib was some of the poorest cut we've ever been served in terms of fat and gristle (more fat then meat0, although it was perfectly prepared and seasoned). Service was outstanding! We wpuld return but order different selections from the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Somewhat disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/12/2013We went to this restaurant on Mother's Day for dinner. They had a brunch earlier in the day, which we were told was packed, but when we arrived for dinner at 5:30, there were very few people in the restaurant. I liked the atmosphere and the appearance of the place, and the staff was friendly and courteous. Our waitress was very nice. However, the food was disappointing. The soup, salad and bread were good, but the main courses were not. My son had a quesadilla appetizer and he really liked that, but my other son had filet, ordered medium and it came out completely cooked, no juice, no pink center. My and my husband's meals were mediochre at best. I don't think we will visit again.
- The Mother LodeHowellDined on 5/12/2013We had high hopes for a great Mother's Day brunch at Allgauers, but our hopes were exceeded. Food was artfully prepared and presented. The variey was amazing. The service was flawless--not what you might expect from a buffet. This will become a new tradition for us. Until their next super-buffet (next Easter?) we will also try their regular Sunday brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Server a bit slow. Askedlaural26Dined on 4/7/2013Server a bit slow. Asked for water, got it when I was almost finished with my meal. Can get a bit noisy, people dropping the lids on the serving dishes (on the buffet) was nerve wrecking. I realize this is not the restaurant's fault, but I still jumped every time someone dropped another lid.Special Features:
- I went to Allgauer's for theOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/31/2013I went to Allgauer's for the Easter Brunch. The quality and selection of food was excellent. We joke that a friend of ours over uses the word "huge". Well this brunch is huge. I particularly enjoyed the prime rib,oysters on the half shell, and fresh lox. I chose to drink "bubbly" with my brunch. The waitress kept it coming. I barely had room to eat a couple of the fine deserts with some coffee. I plan on returning next Easter if not sooner.Special Features:
- Great Easter brunch. Ham isjknottDined on 3/31/2013Great Easter brunch. Ham is delicious. Plenty of food options.Special Features:
- My family and I went for EasterOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/31/2013My family and I went for Easter brunch , Staff and waiters very nice and the food was very good. Our waiter was great I can't remember her name ... I think maybe Carmen or Rose but she was great.Special Features:
- The very opulent brunch buffetOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/31/2013The very opulent brunch buffet was wonderful. Staff was excellent and accommodating.Special Features:
- went for an adult family dinner.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/9/2013went for an adult family dinner. all meals were delicious, except for the fish special which was still cold in the middle. the staff was attentive and most apologetic. the other meals were sufficient nice atmosphere and able to chat and laugh and not overly crowded to be a both to other patronsSpecial Features:
- My husband and I had a wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/1/2013My husband and I had a wonderful time at Allgauer's in Alsip, Il. We were celebrating my birthday and had only heard about the restaurant. From start to finish, it was great. And, we were so pleasantly surprised when the server told us one of the meals and dessert was 'on the house'....All the food was absolutely fantastic. We will certainly return.Special Features:
- The food is great, and excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/18/2013The food is great, and excellent waiter and waitress staff.Special Features:
- Our dinner experience wasFoodieDined on 12/25/2012Our dinner experience was absoblutely marvelous. Our steaks were cooked to perfection. The salmon was mouth-watering. Also, the waitstaff was extremely attentative and friendly. All smiles!Special Features:
- Great food, some odd service quirkshvw54Dined on 12/25/2012Really good food, especially my salmon. Our waiter forgot my drink and brought one over that had been delivered to the next table. He brought a fresh one later, but I thought it was unprofessional.Special Features:
- I enjoyed this very much.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/25/2012I enjoyed this very much. I would like to do do this again.Special Features:
- The BestOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/14/2012Another, wonderful, Allgauer's, experience to which I have become accustomed.Special Features:
- I went there with my sisterOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/12/2012I went there with my sister for my birthday. My sister had only been there for luncheons and bridal showers. She couldn't get over how good the food was! She was mad at me for not telling her about the restaurant a long time ago. I just started using Open Table at my step son's recommendation. Not only was the main entree excellant, but the soup was "out of this world"!Special Features:
- I took my wife there for herOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/25/2012I took my wife there for her birthday. She had the salmon special which was outstanding, and I had a large fillet which was cooled to perfection. The potatoe cakes that came with my dinner were delicous! We will go back in a few weeks!Special Features:
- Thanksgiving dinner was great!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/22/2012Thanksgiving dinner was great! Chef was on hand to visit with guests and talk about the food choices. Chef and employees were proud of the dinner they provided. Great food at a reasonable price.Special Features:
- The service was great butOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/9/2012The service was great but the food was okay. I went for dinner but its probably more of a lunch restaurant.Special Features:
- The French onion soup wasOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/5/2012The French onion soup was very good. The asparagus was perfectly cooked and tender. We ordered the prime rib and it was totally flavorless....I mean 0 flavor except for the natural flavor of the meat. I ordered a side of horseradish to compliment the meat and that was also flavorless. We were truly disapointed with the prime rib.
- My experience at AllgauersOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/3/2012My experience at Allgauers was exceptional. I took my girlfriend there for her birthday and was she impressed. The food, as well as, the service was top notch. When you visit Allgauer's, I highly recommend Kathy as your server.Special Features:
- It was a pleasant surprise,OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/11/2012It was a pleasant surprise, it was my Birthday and the gave mea free dinner. Will go back again soon.Special Features:
- Very nice restaurant in theOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/6/2012Very nice restaurant in the Doubletree Hotel. Has been a great restaurant in the past, and now is redecorated more modern. The huge 4# "Zeppelin" steak is gone, but not missed. The revamped menu should enable one to find something to their liking. The rib-eye was very good and done just right.Special Features:
- The service was good; however,SatisfiedDined on 10/5/2012The service was good; however, the food was just average. One person's food was cold and another did not like the Lake Perch. They were accomodating regarding the entrees (for example with the jambalaya we were able to get it without some the okra or whatever else it was you didnt want). However, the menu stated that chicken, sausage & shrimp would be in the Jambalaya;but, it also included calamari which some of us didn't like. I think if you are staying at the DoubleTree it would be a place to dine; however, don't make a special trip to go there. There is also an Allgauer's in Lisle which is exellent. This place doesn't even come close.
- We take advantage of the freeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/16/2012We take advantage of the free birthday dinner every year!! We love the filet & have told several people about the offer.Special Features:
- I enjoyed the restaurant'sOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/14/2012I enjoyed the restaurant's atmosphere. It was fairly quiet with background music playing. It was not very busy at the time but the way it is decorated gave it a nice ambiance. The food was good and plentiful, served on odd shaped decorative plates. I would certainly go back again to try some of their other dishes. The only problem I had was they charged an 18% gratuity to the bill for a party of two. We did have a room at the hotel but we ate in the restaurant. I did not understand that so I refused to leave an additional tip.Special Features:
- Overall the food was goodnancydrewVIPDined on 8/23/2012Overall the food was good and we had a very good waitress. We were told the menu is relatively new and I think they're still working out some kinks. Several of us has the meatloaf and that was quite tasty. The prime rib was also good as was the ahi tuna salad. But the raspberry and regular vinaigrette dressings were quite thick and gloppy. Also, the French onion soup was overly thick in a gravy kind of way and we told the waitress about it. She said the chef was trying out some new recipes and she would pass on our comments. She also offered to bring something else, but my daughter chose to keep it. But aside from a few missteps, our meal was quite good and we would go back.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/5/2012The menu has changed and not for the best. We are long time customers, and often celebrate special occasions at this location. The steaks were not tender or flavor full. The double baked potato is no longer available. It was the best potato anywhere. Asparagus was always offered, and while it was available the day of our visit it is no longer on the menu. The chef in an attempt to please made a double baked that was so bad I sent it back. It was soupy and buttery (I hate butter) and it was uneatable. There were a total of 4 diners in the restaurant. It appeared the regulars have gone elsewhere. Admit it was worth a try to change the menu and bring back the original menu that brought us all there.
- We went here for my anniversary,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/4/2012We went here for my anniversary, a group of 11, and I must say the place was better than expected. The ambiance of this place was like " WOW, we need to come back". The manager was very welcoming and made sure she took care of all our concerns for the night. We had a large group so we had two waitresses; needless to say one waitress was great and the other one not so good. The "not so good one" did not even ask if we wanted something to drink however in her defense she did inform me what not to eat. The service for everything leaves much to be desired, we waited almost 30 minutes for the food to come out. Not sure if this happened because there was a wedding, class reunion, and high school party but I do not believe that is an excuse.Special Features:
- We had a party of 7 and wereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/1/2012We had a party of 7 and were seated at a round table where we could converse easily. Our wait-person was Kathy who did a wonderful job without rushing us at all. The food was served hot and delicious. I had Talipia which was done perfectly. The room was quiet with only a few diners on a Wednesday evening. I would recommend Allgauers and especially to local people looking for something other than the usual chain restaurants, or for couples wanting a quiet, fine dining date night.Special Features:
- I really enjoy it, and theOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/23/2012I really enjoy it, and the people that work there were great. Thanks againSpecial Features:
- We were there for a specialOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/16/2012We were there for a special company luncheon to honor a 40-year employee. The service staff were excellent. Everyone liked the taste of the food.Special Features:
- Our outing was to celebrateOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/7/2012Our outing was to celebrate a birthday for my wife. [Won't mention age]. Our server was a young las named Cassie. She could not have been more incredable. She made the event sooo enjoyable for my wife and the family. Your executive Chef Saul,came to the table and asked how we enjoyed our food. All the dishes were top notch, except the meatloaf I ordered. The meat just didn't taste right. Cassie immediately deducted it from my bill and offered me another selection. All in all a fantastic place to have a special occassion. My wife and I are planning to try your Sunday Brunch, more on that later.Special Features:
- Friday night at Allgauer's DoubletrOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/30/2012This is a good neighborhood restaurant for an informal meal when you don't want to cooka t home. The service is decent, the food is good and there is never a wait for seating. No need to dress up here, just go, relax and eat.Special Features:
- Friday night at Allgauer'sOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/22/2012We had a late evening reservation at Allgauer's. The food was good, however, I had to send back my steak to get the right cook level. This is our second time at this restaurant, always easy to get to food is consistent, not bad but not great.Special Features:
- We took our father to Allgauer'sOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/16/2012We took our father to Allgauer's for a Pre-Fathers Day Dinner. Everyone that attended enjoyed the food and ambience.Special Features: