Allgauer's in the Park
11600 West Park Place
Milwaukee, WI 53224Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Allgauer's in the Park
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://hiltongardeninn.hilton.com/en/gi/hotels/dining.jhtml?ctyhocn=MKEPPGI#2
- Phone: (414) 577-5000
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:00am - 10:00am, Saturday & Sunday: 7:00am - 12:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Everyday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Smoking Area
A word from Allgauer's in the Park
Drop into Allgauer's In The Park for good times and great food. The restaurant is a neighborhood favorite, and offers a casual, friendly dining atmosphere that you and your friends are sure to enjoy. Allgauer's In The Park also features a friendly, professional staff of great people, who will make sure you enjoy your visit and that Allgauer's In The Park lives up to its reputation for pleasant dining and superb cuisine. The menu offers an inspired array of selections that is sure to satisfy everyone in your group, every time. Be sure to ask your server about new selections, daily specials, and special chef's creations. Whether you're in the mood for casual dining or a special occasion, Allgauer's In The Park is sure to pleaseContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Allgauer's in the Park reviews from OpenTable diners
8 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (4)neighborhood gem (4)fit for foodies (3)good for groups (3)great for lunch (2)great for brunch (2)late-night find (1)romantic (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Exquisitely prepared mealsluvopentableVIPDined on 9/24/2014This restaurant has become one of our favorite Milwaukee restaurants. The food is wonderful; my husband's blackened fillet was outstanding - the best fillet he's ever had! My pork chop was equally excellent and perfectly done. In addition, the peppercorn sauce enhanced both entrees perfectly, along with the twice-backed potatoes and asparagus -- you have to try it to believe it!Special Features:
- A gem in the neighborhoodJoanDined on 8/21/2014Find a happy surprise at this little restaurant tucked away in a corner of Park Place. Fish fry among the best in town. Burgers that beat out Ruby Tuesdays!Special Features:
- SurprisemoharrDined on 7/30/2014What a surprise to find a restaurant of this quality in a Hampton Inn! We've eaten here twice and both times the food, wine and service were high quality and value. The wines, in particular, were reasonably priced. Not a huge selection, but good options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 82 reviews are from the Allgauer's in the Park reviews archive.
- luvopentableVIPDined on 6/12/2014Great food and wonderful service! If you are in the area, you should stop and check it out. We understand that the Sunday Brunch and Friday Fish Fry are outstanding, too -- hope to come back again soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Above Average Hotel RestaurantWilsonVIPDined on 6/9/2014We decided to try this hotel restaurant because the reviews have been consistently above average and complimentary. This is a busy newer hotel property that is frequented by business travelers located in a prestigious office park. Very clean. Very nicely appointed. Very good customer service throughout the hotel, bar and restaurant. Friendly polite people. Apparently mgmt 'gets it'. We thought the menu was rather limited and lacked midweek specials - but the food served was very good. Salads were fresh and nicely appointed with various spring green salad accents. Salad dressing was fresh and maybe not homemade but sure tasted like it was. Steaks were properly prepared and the baked potato was salted and perfect. Recommended.Special Features:
- Great Food & ServiceluvopentableVIPDined on 4/27/2014Our first experience with Allgauer's was Allgauer's on the Lake in Illinois, which was pretty much a disaster - we've never had such poor service anywhere, BUT we are so happy we decided to try Allgauer's in the Park. Servers and hostess were unbelievably attentive, and our filets were fantastic; really great food at a reasonable price. We definitely will go back! The Friday Fish Fry looks awesome!!!Special Features:
- Great service/ food but high pricedLingLingDined on 4/9/2014I would not eat here again. Prices were just too high. Our seating was essentially in a hallway - nothing scenic. Onthe plus side, sservice was top notch and food was good. My pork cutlet was too chewy, however.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice spot for quick lunchMrbiziVIPDined on 2/13/2014Nice buffet, well maintained, easy to get to, allowed us to focus on our business discussion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I ordered a reuben sandwichAppleton14Dined on 1/23/2014I ordered a reuben sandwich which was excellent. However, the fried were a bit dry. I had thought of ordering the salad bar but when I took a look at what they offered...it was very uninspiring.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice menu with a good rangedinerVIPDined on 9/10/2013Nice menu with a good range of offerings, and excellent wine selection. The pace of service was very good, and the food quality was excellent.Special Features:
- ExcellentmjeskeDined on 8/28/2013Took a business meeting there and the staff was exceptional and courteous! Food was awesome too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice hotel restaurant; missEMannDined on 7/21/2013Nice hotel restaurant; miss windows and a view. Chef made an excellent peppercorn dressing for me.Special Features:
- Hidden LocationBobnpatDined on 6/30/2013Enjoyed the restaurant, in general, but was too troublesome to find; suggest a sign out at Park Place clearly marked with the Restaurant name and address. Didn't see anything like that until we were inside the parking lot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- More popular these daysInkmahmVIPDined on 5/15/2013We have been to Allgauers on weeknights before and it usually is a fairly empty, quiet spot. Not so for this trip on a Thursday night. I was glad I had made reservations as we got the exact type of seat is requested. My husband loved the baked onion soup and I also thought it was delicious. Huge portion and great flavor. My salad was fine but paled against the onion soup. The waiter reminded me that shrimp scampi was a pasta so they must have some people order it and not realize that it is shrimp over linguini. The linguini was mushy and very over done. This is not their normal linguini so l let it go and didn't complain. My husband enjoyed the salmon. My husband had the salmon. He cleaned his plate so that tells me he enjoyed it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just ok - slow serviceVickiDined on 5/15/2013The food was good. However, I made an online reservation for 6 at 6:30pm. When we arrived (6:25) with our clients, our table was not set up. The restaurant was not busy so our table should have been ready. We were seated in a corner next to the only other table (at the time) with patrons. It wasn't a large enough table to be comfortable. Our server was very slow, it took us over 2 hours to get through dinner. I had to ask the hostess to find our waitress so I could get my credit card run. Not sure I would take clients there again.
- Great for businss lunches.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/9/2013I am always comfortable taking business guests to Allgauer's. Great service and nice menu variation. I find it disappointing that there is no longer a seafood item on the lunch menu.
- We had Easter Brunch, andOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/31/2013We had Easter Brunch, and they did a very nice job. Good value for the price.Special Features:
- The waitstaff was very accomodatingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/19/2013The waitstaff was very accomodating. I ordered a combination of an appetizer and side. The dish came out beautifully presented and tasted great :)
- The food is always outstanding,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/13/2013The food is always outstanding, the host is very helpyful and plesant as well as the bussing staff. The only problem I lawys have is with the wait staff, they are slow, not very helpful and do not have any type of personality.
- Business BlahSkippy99VIPDined on 3/4/2013The food was fine, not outstanding, but good. But the ambiance is zip. It's totally a sterile hotel business person's (primarily male) venue. Dim lighting just made the whole place look dreary. Noise from the bar around the corner was loud and intrusive. I thought the restaurant menu sounded good and made a reservation for my husband's birthday. He liked his dinner, but I feel like I owe him another. Won't be going back.
- We went there for ValentinesOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2013We went there for Valentines Day. I chose this place because I knew that parking wouldn't be an issue and it was close to home. We were immediately seated and were brought bread and water right after we sat down, however the waitress took quite a while to come take our order. The bus boy kept hovering over us trying to clean off the dishes before we were finished with our salads and appetizers. I ordered a glass of wine and they were out of the one that I ordered.Special Features:
- "You Won't Go Wrong Here"!CraigSDALVIPDined on 1/19/2013This was our first time at Allgauers and it was a great experience. Tonight, aside from their regular menu, they also offered a Prime Rib Buffet for only $15.95 per person. Putting the great price aside, the quality of the various offerings was as good as it gets. The Prime Rib with au jus was very tasty. It was well seasoned and I really enjoyed the crusted seasoning on the edges. Also amazingly tender and juicy. They also offered a Four Cheese Pasta that was equally excellent. You would think the "Four Cheese" would be too rich, but it wasn't. It was quite good. In addition there was garlic mashed potatoes, unfortunately I think they left the garlic out. Green beans and carrots were very good.Special Features:
- Food was excellent (primeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/19/2013Food was excellent (prime rib buffet). Service was continuous and outstanding.
- Went to the all u can eatOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/19/2013Went to the all u can eat prime rib buffet (they just started this week) and it was amazing. Only 15.95 and there was soup, salads, desserts, pastas, veggies, green beans.....service was excellent too. F&B Director and Chef talked to us and made sure everything was great. The Director did mention they will be treating the reservations for All U Can Eat Prime Rib Buffet just like Friday Night All U can Eat Fish Fry in terms of not accepting reservations in the future just doing walk ins. We also went to fish fry couple weeks ago and it was great too. You get to choose between Cod, Perch & Walleye...comes with soup or salad, homemade potato pancakes, french fries, homemade coleslaw & apple sauce. All ways good food and service there!Special Features:
- Hidden gem....OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/3/2013Been here a couple times....during the week it's nice ambiance. Server and busier were attentive and went out of way to make sure everything was perfect. Friday fish fry was busy and no longer excepting reservations for fish fry( but then again no one does around here).... Perch, cod, and walleye all u can eat! It was worth the little wait to get in but they have drink specials in bar and 3 big TV help pass the time. Exec Chef and FB Director walk around check tables and make sure u leave happy. We will be back.Special Features:
- The food was very good andrcdinerDined on 11/3/2012The food was very good and all staff were extremely gracious. I had the salmon and would definitely have it again. We happened to be there the first night a new menu was introduced and some in our party were disappointed that ribs no longer appeared on the menu but had no trouble finding quality alternatives. The other difference is the new menu was more pricey than we anticipated, having already viewed the old menu online. Nevertheless, our overall experience was very positive and I definitely recommend it to others.Special Features:
- We've come to Allgauers severalJRPMDVIPDined on 11/2/2012We've come to Allgauers several times, but always on Fridays and for the fish fry that in the past has never disappointed. This time we opted for the perch fish fry and were amazed when the plates arrived with two small filets of perch per plate. Even though the meal offered "all you can eat" fish, the small initial serving was disappointing. They were quite good, but were gone quickly and then we needed to get the waitress' attention to order more, and then wait for their arrival.
- We had to wait 20 minutesOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/2/2012We had to wait 20 minutes after our reservation time. We had to wait at lease 5 minites before the waitress approached us to take our order. We then waited 10 to 15 minutes before we got our soup, but only after we stopped the waitress and asked if there was a problem. The perch was tough, we needed a knife to cut it, The potato pancake and french fries were tasteless.
- There is no better fish fryWillyDined on 10/19/2012There is no better fish fry , or baked fish fry , anywhere and the potato pancakes are excellent as is the cole slaw. Also, other entrees are well prepared.Special Features:
- We went lunch for the saladjokamDined on 9/28/2012We went lunch for the salad buffet. What was there was good but not a lot of selection and there were containers empty. I had been there about a year ago and it was much better.
- Worth another tryOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/14/2012I was impressed right away when the young hostess who sat us at our table explained that they were very busy and that there may be a wait to get our food. This let us know what to expect, and gave my husband a chance to go smoke one last time before eating. As it turned out, the food came on-time, but you could tell that the waitress was not out to impress. The manager, however, rotated around to the different tables and solicited comments, which I thought was a nice touch. I thought the fish fry was good, but my husband wasn't impressed. We both loved the Bailey's brulee for dessert, though, so we did have a happy ending. With a coupon, the price was just right. However, without the coupon, the price may have been a little high.Special Features:
- Allgauer's In the Park, no thanksOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/31/2012The staff was overly concerned with making sure your water glass was full but not very attentive to anything else. The bread was un-eatable, french fries were very thin (straw fries) and served luke-warm, and the clam chowder (with a tag line of "best you've ever had") was mediocre. Would not recommend.
- long wait for little fish fryOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/31/2012Tried the Friday fish fry, very slow, after being seated, took the waitress for 15 mins to serve bread/rolls, 10 mins for a soup/salads, then 15-20 mins for the all-you-can eat fish fry. After 2.5 hours of dining, we had only 2 plates of tiny fish fries and were very disappointed with the service speed. We will not repeat if the service do not get better!
- Omelets cooked to order wereKatheDined on 8/19/2012Omelets cooked to order were fantastic! But the overall food was disappointing. A beautiful drive to Allgauer's but that's about all I could say.
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/3/2012My Wife and I both had baked fish fry the food was excellent and the Cinnamon Cheese Cake was delicious also . Our server was Jenny who attentive. I would recomend anyone to try the Food.Special Features:
- An unexpected gem!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/21/2012We really didn't know what to expect when we went to the restaurant and can now wholeheartedly recommend it to our friends. It was strangly quiet, though. There was only one patron besides us for a 7pm dinner. The staff was attentive and the food was excellent. Especially the eggplant and portobello bruschetta. Amazing! And we were so amused that they gave my husband scissors with his French onion soup. We'd never seen this before. Very clever!Special Features:
- steaks were excellent, doneOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/14/2012steaks were excellent, done exactly medium rare. Very quiet because very few people in dining area at time.Very pleasant dining.Special Features:
- We discovered Allgauers byWillyDined on 6/22/2012We discovered Allgauers by accident and have dined there as often as we can because the food and service are always good.Special Features:
- Before this visit, we'd neverMKELEGOGuyDined on 5/26/2012Before this visit, we'd never heard of Allgauer's in the Park even though it's a mere five minutes from us. Now that we know it's there, we'll be making a return trip. The food was wonderful.Special Features:
- This has become one of myOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/13/2012This has become one of my favorite places to dine it is also in my neighborhood. The food is always delicious and the staff is always friendly and efficient. I have recommended this restaurant to my friends especially the Friday fish fries.Special Features: