2409 Yonge Street
Toronto, ON M4P 2E7Neighborhood:
Yonge and Eglinton
MediterraneanPrice: CAN$30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.alleycatz.ca/
- Phone: 4164816865
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 6:00pm - 8:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Michael Skan
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Bar Mitzvah, Communions, graduations, bridal showers, engagement parties, you name it! We also offer pre-set menus, live entertainment and DJ at your request and we have professional sound system and a stage.
- Private Party Contact: John Ciampino 4169494163
- Entertainment: Every night, Alleycatz features live entertainment. The best of smooth jazz, funk, soul, R & B, reggae, disco and Top 40. MONDAYS 8:00 PM-SALSA NIGHT W/DJ FRANK BISCHUN W/LESSONS TUESDAYS 8:30-PM CARLO BERARDUCCI BAND SWING & JAZZ W/LESSONS ($5.00 COVER) WEDNESDAYS 8:30PM- R & B OPEN JAM HOSTED BY PROJECT SOUND THURSDAYS 9:30 PM-SOUL, R&B AND REGGAE $4.00 Refreshments, $10 ENTREES (No Cover) FRIDAYS AND SATURDAYS 9:30 PM FUNK, SOUL, REGGAE, R&B, TOP 40 $10 COVER(without dinner Reso) SUNDAYS CLOSED FOR PRIVATE FUNCTIONS
A word from Alleycatz
Hip catz roll through this alley. Most appropriately named, music lovers and food enthusiasts have made this a popular dining and party destination. A menu with Mediterranean flair features dishes such as Blackened Sea Bass and gourmet risottos, and a fun martini line up bears names like "Orgasmic Catz," combining raspberry vodka, Cointreau, Champagne, lime and cranberry. For an authentic "supper club" experience, watch as the venue fills up with folks out to bust a few moves, every Thursday through Saturday night. After dinner, a live band and DJ let lose an infectious set of funk, soul, R&B and reggae. Salsa Mondays offer free lessons, and on Tuesdays stop by for some Swing lessons to a live band. Jazz fans, Wednesdays are for you. In true Alleycatz style, these Wednesdays are where new talent like popular jazz singer Matthew Aaron Dusk began their career.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Alleycatz reviews from OpenTable diners
- Why would anyone go here?ComfortfoodplusDined on 9/10/2014Called restaurant to ask about parking; an extremely rude person identified himself as the owner and said that parking had nothing to do with him - he had a restaurant to run. Wow...what "customer service". The food was so-so; appetizers not very good, buns were burnt, entrees were okay. Service was absurd - the "server" spent all his time chatting at the bar (with the 2 whole customers there). We had to keep waving him over to get any service (only another table or two in the place, so no excuse). Too many other good restaurants in this city to waste time or money on this place. The finale - the restaurant reported me as a no-show to Open Table (despite my first words to the "server" being - "I have a reservation - Open Table")!
- Terrible serviceMaxpowerDined on 4/12/2014Worst service I have ever experienced, will not be eating here ever again.
- VDAYBdotpDined on 2/14/2014Reserved a table for valentines for 2 for 745pm didn't get our desserts until 11pm. Best part of the meals were the ravioli apps. I ordered the snapper and it was average. Too much on the marinade side took away from the fish taste. My wife ordered the prime rib. Delicious if you like fat. There was little to no meat. Im not lying when i say this prime rib was all fat.Special Features:
- Good,good,gooddine2niteDined on 2/14/2014Good food (nice,easy portions, good selection from Valentine's pre-set menu and truly delicious) Good service (friendly and fast considering it was Valentine's and busy) Good live music (not too loud or overpowering and very accomplished, professional performers)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MehCustomerDined on 2/14/2014I've been underwhelmed by the food at this location on two separate occasions now. This time around I attended the Valentine's day event which included a 4 course "meal" for a whopping 140 dollars for 2 (inc mandatory gratuity and tax). Meal 1 Salad- 10 pieces of leaves drenched in vinegar Meal 2 4 pieces of mushroom filled pasta Meal 3 chicken- actually good but not anything special Meal 4 cream and berries in a plastic cup I do not recommend this place in any capacity unless you like to pay outstanding prices for unremarkable food.
- Nice night spotCanjenniDined on 8/30/2013We had alot of fun at Alleycatz. It was a nice night spot with great ambiance and a great band! The food left something to be desired, the chicken in my pasta was well beyond overcooked, which was disappointing for the price but I don't regret going because the music and the crowd were great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Night out with friendsLioshaDined on 8/2/2013Excellent service, great food, good choice of drinks, yet fairly reasonable prices, enough time to chit chat before music starts and enjoyable life music late show. Was easy to book on line through the Open Table - which was just a bonus. Perfect place to visit on your night out with friends or for the romantic dinner. Will keep on the top of my list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the time or moneyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/23/2013Although the ambience is good, the food left a lot to be desired for. Appetizers arrived in just a few minutes and tastes frozen.. Our waitress knew we were sharing (5 ppl) but did not inform us of the tiny portions which were not suitable for sharing at all. The main courses were bland and unexciting- especially the mushroom risotto which tasted like Cambells Soup and had no garnish. This restaurant was not worth the money and I will not be returning to eat here.
- Nice ambiance. We've beenOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/22/2013Nice ambiance. We've been here about ten times and have noticed that the crowd is getting a bit older, maybe 40-50ish. We enjoyed great food on this occasion. The featured surf 'n turf entree was fantastic and was thoroughly enjoyed. Responsive service but was expected as we had an early dinner. A nice outing in the city.Special Features:
- Mediocre sums it up.edubyaDined on 12/29/2012Service was mediocre. Food was poor, overpriced and was not warm when it arrived. Do not go to this place for a nice meal, however it does have potential for a fun night out of drinks and music. We left just after 10pm and the band had not started playing yet
- Excellent DJ music and liveOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/22/2012Excellent DJ music and live band. My wife had a wonderful time.Special Features:
- Nothing specialOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/6/2012An overpriced menu that looks better than it tastes and takes forever to get to you with I attentive service, it wasn't terrible. Just not worth revisiting.
- Playing a B-game on slow nightsviviVIPDined on 5/30/2012We always enjoyed it before, but... we went Wednesday (May 2012) and it was empty except for a large group at one end and possibly 3 or 4 scattered couples including us. In spite of the small audience which was oblivious to the live band (Musicians were good but the singer was off key), the music was way too loud (and we love music) so we had to yell at each other even far from the band. My salmon was pretty good but my husband's pasta was bland. The shrimps were plump but the dish had no flavour at all. What was really interesting was that each time the two servers came to the table they were pleasant but looked to my husband for his orders first. We shook our heads at that one. It was just odd.
- It took a while to get ourOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/19/2012It took a while to get our table since they did not have the reservation. But after showing them the confirming e-mail we got a table and the evening was pretty good.Special Features:
- Menu getting old and foodlovegreatfoodDined on 3/30/2012Menu getting old and food only ok, but great music.Special Features:
- Give your review a title (optional)OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2012Food was fantastic although small portions. Live band was nice touch although it would be nice to have them play more popular songs early in the first set though band was good. Overall place was very nice and quality of food was great. Will go again for sure.Special Features:
- Went for a Valentine's DayOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2012Went for a Valentine's Day dinner with my hubby. The service was good without being spectacular, although with about 90% of the 60 or so two-person tables filled, it would be unfair to judge service in type of setting. The items we chose from the special menu were served up very quickly. Shrimp gambas appetizer were excellent, although the shrimp were somewhat smallish. The braised beef short ribs that my husband ordered were thin and bland and were served with way too much sweet potato mash. The cheese and spinach stuffed chicken breast I ordered was a much better choice as the chicken was very moist and melded well with the stuffing and sauce. The best part of the night? The Carlo B jazz Band. I'd go back again just to hear them.Special Features:
- prix fixe menu for Valentine'sOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2012prix fixe menu for Valentine's day. Choices were limited, and the food mediocre. Would have preferred a choice of ordering off regular menu, as frankly the mains were pretty lame. Music was a nice touch.
- The food was good but expensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2012The food was good but expensive for the amount that was served, it looked like we were given samplesThe tables were too close to each other, leaving no good space between the customers. The service was good.
- Food was delicious, live musicOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2012Food was delicious, live music was fantastic, my wife and I will go back back again.Special Features:
- Memorable Valentine's eveningDvallxDined on 2/14/2012Memorable Valentine's evening - romantic & fun - live music was enchanting. Whimsical "old standards" were fabulous!Special Features:
- Great Service!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/15/2011Though not our entire party arrived at the reservation, the cute server was extremely understanding and looked after us through-out the entire night. Thanks a lot! The live performance by Dwayne was great and was an unexpected surprize.Special Features:
- Skip the dinner - come for the showOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/3/2011Alleycatz has always been a favorite night out of mine. The live cover band that plays on Friday / Saturday nights is amazing. Other than that however, the experience is mediocre. The food is okay but nothing special. As well, service tends to be hit or miss. In the past, the restaurant has had issues with accepting reservations past nine and then charging patrons cover when they arrive. They seem to have this sorted out right now but there is still something awkward about being hassled by a bouncer when you are arriving for dinner.Special Features:
- Alleycatz was a lot of fun,OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/14/2011Alleycatz was a lot of fun, great music and good food. I will definitely go again.Special Features:
- The food and service was good.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/24/2011The food and service was good. They had a nice diverse menu of items that I normally don't eat. The environment was a little loud as there was a band practicing but it was great to have some good live music during dinner. I recommend you try this place out.Special Features:
- Love the live music and danceviviVIPDined on 1/22/2011Love the live music and dance floor except that they admit too many people and the music is a bit loud.Special Features:
- The restaurant was so darkOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/13/2010The restaurant was so dark we used the light of our phone to read the menu. The first glass of water arrived with old food stuck to it. The appetizer of 'warm' brie, wasn't. The stuffed chicken breast was nice. The prices were about 25% too high. We went to that restaurant for the jazz music. No jazz, but a band that was reproducing today's sound. They were pretty good, but they were way too loud to be able to talk over. Few tables allow viewing of the dance floor and band, and we were not offered one. Most of the restaurant was reserved for groups of 8 or more, and we were 4 that night. Would not go back. Would not recommend for dinner. If very loud music, with few places to sit is your 'bar scene', then this is the place for you
- The place was grotty. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/29/2010The place was grotty. The food needs an upgrade, it was heavy and suspect. Our server tried but it was busy and so he did not have much time for us. When there are delays or other problems, they need to comp it up and have fun with it & their customers. I would not recommend, although the band and the dj were good. I can see why other people went to eat elsewhere and then came to dance later. A customer-oriented approach and better food is needed to bring this place to a higher standard.
- We were seated at a tableOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/19/2010We were seated at a table sandwiched between two rowdy stagette parties, short one chair!!! I was not impressed with the hostess's sensibility... when I got us another table, it was in an outside area with high humidity. However, there were no other seats in the house even though we had made a reservation in advance. Our waiter compensated for the lack of content with our seating situation. He was very social & attentive when he caught wind of our unfortunate seating. Food was surprisingly good, considering this destination would transform into a bar an hour after our dinner reservation. More of a nightclub experience then fine dining.Special Features: