Alley Restaurant & Bar
4501 W Coast Hwy
Newport Beach, CA 92663Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Alley Restaurant & Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thealleynewportbeach.com/
- Phone: 9496469126
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm, Saturday - Sunday: 10:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 10:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Santiago Nunez
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area (patio only), Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Alley Restaurant & Bar
For over 22 years, the Alley Restaurant and Bar in Newport Beach is the local's favorite for a dining destination. Specializing in only the best on-site cuts of beef like Filet Mignon and New Zealand Rack of Lamb. And don't forget the freshest seafood like Chilean Sea bass and our famous Sanddabs. The Alley serves as a casual, yet elegant dining experience and by late night as a high energy "Cheers" bar of Newport Beach. Come join us at the Alley and become part of the family!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
Alley Restaurant & Bar - Best Restaurants in Newport Beach ›
Alley Restaurant & Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
39 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (22)vibrant bar scene (15)great for brunch (10)romantic (7)fit for foodies (5)great for lunch (4)good for groups (4)late-night find (4)special occasion (3)notable wine list (2)kid-friendly (2)great for outdoor dining (2)hot spot (2)Show More
- Loud n fun - Take a first date hereOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014I took a firs date here and it was perfect. Busy atmosphere with surprisingly great food. Excellent service as well.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceTheRocDined on 9/20/2014My first time at the Alley. Was recommended by a friend. The Prime Rib special on Friday and Saturday nice was excellent and a reasonable price. The service was amazing. I will be going backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enduring local place!MDBROOKSDined on 9/19/2014Visited The Alley again and enjoyed those great Mai Tai's, calamari steak, champagne mushrooms and an outrageous baked potatoe. Always dependable great food, large portions and a loyal local following.Special Features:
- The AlleyeatngoodDined on 9/17/2014Wonderful pub type restaurant. Daily specials are great deals, especially the $15.00 Prime Rib dinner on Friday and Saturday.Special Features:
- Never AgainOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/31/2014After seated 15 minutes no waiter or menus. Too loud to talk comfortably. Left without eating.
- eatngoodDined on 8/25/2014Wonderful food with great nightly specials. The $15.00 Prime Rib on Friday and Saturday is an outstanding value.Special Features:
- Everything old is new again!DivesRTheBestDined on 8/22/2014We loved this place! Old leather booths, nice & dark, filled with local folks that obviously know one and other. The food was reasonably priced and delicious.Special Features:
- LOVE THE ALLEYOCDINERVIPDined on 8/18/2014My favorite night is Monday night rib night, the best ribs in town! The Alley always has friendly service and great food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- poor experiencegreatoverallVIPDined on 8/8/2014To be fair, we didn't get there till 9pm and the kitchen closes at 10pm. Regardless, the waitress didn't get our order till about 930pm. The shrimp cocktail felt like they were microwaved before put on ice, they were still warm!!! They tasted awful. The main plates were ok. We had fish and steak.
- Air conditionerOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/1/2014We eat at the Alley frequently. The air conditioner could not keep up while we were there. Extremely hot. It had never happened before!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- eatngoodDined on 7/30/2014Great pub like restaurant. The nightly specials are all great especially the Friday and Saturday Prime Rib dinner for $15.00. The wait staff is always right on.Special Features:
- Great MealstenCDined on 7/30/2014My wife and I enjoy this restaurant very much. Great food, strong drinks and fantastic service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/29/2014Nice and friendly. Reminded me the Cheers crowd. Will return with other friendsSpecial Features:
- Excellent customer servicelizbeth35Dined on 7/13/2014Felt very taken care of. Mimosas were excellent, biscuits were very good and fresh. Too much cheese on omelettes, too much cheese on potatoes. Would try a different breakfast next time. The lunch menu looked good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- eatngoodDined on 7/11/2014The Alley is like a pub. Great food, a bit noisy, great prices, and fantastic nightly specials. the Prime rib special on Friday and Saturday is truly a great deal.Special Features:
- Very good foodluvitVIPDined on 7/5/2014Good food love coming in neighbor hood gem great serviceSpecial Features:
- Good Bar FoodCustomerVIPDined on 7/3/2014The Alley is a throwback but good at what it does. The menu was pretty broad with a number of daily specials of which I had one. The service was prompt, friendly and helpful with honest opinions on menu items. The bar served a martini to the next table that was full and an excellent gin martini according to reports when those guests left. My entree was a tuna salad - actually very hard to find in the area and very well done with very fresh lettuces, sliced tomato, hard-boiled egg with just enough mayonnaise to make everything good. Salad dressing was on the side and very tasty. My wife had a panko-fried avocado salad that she raved about. Once again, everything fresh but the serving too large. All in all a very fun lunch.Special Features:
- LOVE THE ALLEYeatngoodDined on 7/2/2014The Alley is very much like pubs we have visited in England. Their nightly specials ($15.00 for a Prime Rib dinner on Friday and Saturday) and many other good deals the other nights are wonderful. Andrea and her staff are a joy and take very good care of the customers. The Monday night baby back rib special, with 2 sides for $10.00 is a killer deal. ENJOY!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Casual funFlyboyDined on 6/29/2014Great place to drop in for a drink and food - Sunday brunch is fantastic !Special Features:
- Fun PlaceScottcDined on 6/22/2014We have been here several times and we keep coming back, because of the great food and friendly staff!Special Features:
- Sometimes too noisyJustMyPointOfViewVIPDined on 6/11/2014Usually we would give this a 4 star overall...We have made this one of our regular restaurants to dine at, but we have to be "up" for it as it is very loud. It just means people are having a great time, but sometimes its hard to have a conversation and that probably adds to the noise. A family was at the next table yelling as they chatted with someone visiting their table. We find the food very good with fair prices. The service is always excellent, with everyone sharing in making sure all is good. Had a bit of a complaint about a spicy dish being too spicy (something we've had before) and they fixed up just fine.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 175 reviews are from the Alley Restaurant & Bar reviews archive.
- CoolStiegs2002Dined on 6/1/2014I really liked visiting Alley Bar and Grill. I had a great time and will recommend it to all my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always good!JedirabbiVIPDined on 5/31/2014The Alley is always good and a great value. Will be back soon.
- Brunch by the beach!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/24/2014I scheduled a reservation through OpenTable for a party of 10 (but ended up with 9) for Saturday brunch. My friends arrived a tad late, but they were chill about it! We were quickly seated, read through the menu, and waited. Our waitress was sweet and patient with us, so that was great. Once all of us ordered our food and sipped on our mimosas (which was more like a glass of champagne for everyone, with two glasses of OJ and cranberry on the side to pour into our glasses), we got more and more loud, but no one seemed to mind! It was a wonderfully relaxing and fun experience and birthday. Definitely a lot of fun -- will return in the future!Special Features:
- Back to the AlleyHockeyMomDined on 5/17/2014Once again, my husband and I had a lovely meal at the Alley. We started our dining experience with a Caesar Salad. With a wonderful, cruching romaine, tangy dressing, homemade croutons and anchovies (if you want them), it is the BEST Caesar Salad anywhere!! Once again, I enjoyed my Mahi Mahi with Macadamia Crust! Our server Adriana was spot on with her suggestion that I chose that preparation. Very nice! My husband opted for his favorite, Prime Rib, which was cooked just the way he like it ~ seared medium rare. Yum! We'll be back soon.Special Features:
- FoodieDined on 5/16/2014The staff was friendly and attentive, from the bartender to hostess and the server was excellent. She anticipated our needs, kept our table neat and had a great disposition. 5 of us had prime rib which was very good, however one was extremely fatty, although flavorful. We enjoyed our dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice "non-chain" restaurantPamellaDined on 5/11/2014I made Mother's Day brunch reservations via Open Table and though it was very busy, we were seated right away. There is a bar near the front of the restaurant, but we were seated well away from it. The menu had a nice selection of items - I had a delicious make-your-own omelette with artichoke hearts, chicken and spinach. We were served a basket of delicious biscuits and the servers were very good at keeping our bottomless mimosas filled. They bring you both OJ and cranberry juice so you can mix and match your own. I was totally pleased.Special Features:
- Mother's Day 2014idebilDined on 5/11/2014We had reservations for 11am and arrived at 10:50am. We were seated immediately and a waitress arrived quickly to get us something to drink. This was surprising as Alley's was completely filled with diners. Our food was deliver very soon after placing our order and the food was outstanding. We have eaten at Alley's in the past and they have never failed to be a place for a great place to dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EXCELLENT EVERYTHING!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!! First time there and most definately will NOT be my last time. Everything was outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the Alley!HockeyMomDined on 5/9/2014About 2 years ago, my husband and I rediscovered the Alley Restaurant and Pub. We were pleasantly surprised with the changes in the vibe of the restaurant, as well as, the selections on the menu. The food is excellent, especially the fish blackboard specials. Monday through Saturday dinner specials are generous and oh so tasty! My husband and family friends love the prime rib! The whole staff makes us feel at home each time we visit. Even the chefs have become friends! Indeed, we love the Alley!Special Features:
- Sunday BrunchDianeVIPDined on 4/20/2014My wife and I enjoy coming for mid-afternoon brunch. I love the corned beef hash and she loves the California Benedict.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rib nightDianeVIPDined on 4/7/2014Always the best ribs for the Monday Night Special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unfortunately they ran outheizebububeVIPDined on 3/31/2014Unfortunately they ran out of the BBQ Ribs which is there Monday night special.I would recommend this to a friend.
- brunchjocoVIPDined on 3/30/2014went for brunch and thoroughly enjoyed it. the best thing we ordered was probably the corned beef hash. huevos rancheros, cabo salad, california benedict were also pretty good. $10-15 entrees were huge. plus, can't complain about $10 bottomless champagne. will definitely be back when i'm in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistantly consistantMrEatwellDined on 3/28/2014I have consumed many meals at the Alley. The food has always been very good. The service is always good. They pour a stiff drink. The prices are very reasonable.Special Features:
- Great Wait StaffNosmoKingDined on 3/17/2014I had a business dinner on St. Patrick's Day, so I knew that the Alley would be packed, but even so our service was superb, the filet mignon was perfectly done. Great place to get business done in an informal setting!Special Features:
- Sunday BrunchSundayFundayDined on 3/16/2014Food was solid. $10 bottomless mimosas can't be beat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food great service badOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/15/2014Food was fantastic but the servers seemed like they didn't want to be at work. Made the mistake of ordering dessert "to go" and it sat on the shelf by the kitchen for over 19 mins and was crushed when we got it home. This place is more of a bar than a restaurant
- Service is great here - sandginkaDined on 3/1/2014Service is great here - sand dabs very good Always enjoy when we goSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and decor.goofyDined on 2/15/2014The food was good and service was excellent. I loved the cheesy potatoes. The bottomless champagne was a plus but a little too sweet. The twist of a California benedict was excellent as the bacon crisp and the avocado firm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.