40 Main Street / PO Box 362
Foxburg, PA 16036Neighborhood:
Comfort FoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.visitfoxburg.com/
- Phone: (724) 659-5701
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday and Saturday 4:00pm- 11:00pm Sunday 11:30-7:00pm All day dinner
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Ester Preston
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: For special banquet functions, we offer offsite catering.
- Private Party Facilities: Private Functions...PERFECTLY. The Allegheny Grille is dedicated to providing our customers with food and service of the highest quality while enjoying the natural beauty of the Allegheny River. Whether it be a wedding, corporate retreat, graduation, or any other type of group gathering.
- Private Party Contact: Melissa Leitch-Banquet Manager 7246595701
- Entertainment: During the spring, summer & fall we will offer live music.
- Special Events: We offer throughout the year several special events to include: wine dinners, festivals, clam bakes, Halloween events, and new years eve extravaganza.
A word from Allegheny Grille
Welcome to Allegheny Grille, where we offer great food & friendly faces seven days a week. Our location on the banks of the Allegheny River is second to none & is the perfect place for a table for two or the grandest of wedding receptions or business luncheons. Come for dinner or stay the weekend. Our new hotel & winery make us the perfect weekend destination.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Allegheny Grille - Best Restaurants in Foxburg ›
Allegheny Grille reviews from OpenTable diners
64 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (57)great for outdoor dining (38)special occasion (37)great for lunch (25)good for groups (23)romantic (23)neighborhood gem (20)fit for foodies (15)great for brunch (12)notable wine list (6)kid-friendly (5)hot spot (5)late-night find (4)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- Great placeximrpantsixDined on 11/14/2014I took my girlfriend here for our anniversary and it was perfect! Definitely would recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Attentive ServiceSenecaDined on 11/1/2014We were glad we had made reservations even for dining at 5:00. The restaurant was packed. I had the salmon and my dining partners all had pasta dishes. Each of us was pleased with the quality and presentation of our meals. Rolls were also tasty. My only small disappointment was that the wine list was mediocre. The selections were middle of the road with no premium wines available. So what, the food was delicious.Special Features:
- Beautiful viewgreateatsDined on 10/26/2014Excellent place to eat. I have lived in PA all my life. My opinion this the best restaurant in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014We enjoyed everything about the place and they were very accommadating to the person we had in the wheelchair.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- it was not thrilling...ropenslopesDined on 10/19/2014Reservation was at 5 arrived at 4:30 , ordered appetizer 3 beers and 1 mixed drink, started off good, next round of drinks took forever..... dinners were warm and took way too long to get to table. got dessert menu, told out of coconut crème pie, ok 3 orders of toffee cake please 15 min later NOPE OUT OF THAT TOO. It was MY SONS 27TH BIRTHDAY JUST WANTED TO SING. free ice cream took 25 min plus ( they did not have any they had to make) could have made a cake in less time. ok now waiting for check seemed like eternity to get and to pick up, all done by 6 and the real kick in the pants party next to us sat way after us got coconut crème pie GO FIGURESpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gem with a river viewOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/19/2014Excellent brunch buffet with a view to die for! What an excellent day trip!Special Features:
- OverratedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/17/2014Everyone has raved about this restaurant. But even with reservations and being seated early, it took almost 2 hours to order and get our meal. Service was extremely lacking but may be due to the unorganized stations the staff is assigne to! Lastly, their specials sound delicious, but make sure you ask the price before ordering. We ordered the steak and shrimp special not realizing it was $36, which was MUCH higher than their average meal. Would try again but would sit in the bar, which looked very inviting!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ben3306Dined on 10/13/2014The food was perhaps the best I've ever had at a restaurant. The view and service is outstanding. Have already recommended to several friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderfulperfect5Dined on 10/11/2014We were so happily surprised to find this restaurant. We had never been to this area before. Our waiter was so friendly, the food was everything we could have expected. Great find!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to EatgreatplaceDined on 10/11/2014The Allegheny Grill is a fantastic place to eat lunch or dinner. I especially recommend ,( this may sound strange ) their Macaroni & Cheese. its awesome. Actually all their food is awesome. The view of the river is very nice and can be seen from almost all dining room seatsSpecial Features:
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014We came up from Pittsburgh. We loved the restaurant. The view of the river was really nice, our waitress was excellent and the food was amazing. We would definitely make the trip up to Foxburg again just to go to the Allegheny Grille. We would recommend this restaurant to everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/10/2014Our dining experience at the allegheny grille was great!! The food was delicious and the service was perfect!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/8/2014Very pleasant experience. View of the allegheny river was unbelievable. Food and service were very good. Did not dine outside (it was a little cool) but area looked great.Special Features:
- New2townDined on 10/4/2014Very nice restaurant in quaint little town. Moderately priced with beautiful views of the Alleghney River.Special Features:
- Surprise ExperienceRockyDined on 9/28/2014This was our first visit to the Allegheny Grille, so we were not certain what to expect. We knew a little bit about Foxburg and went for a Sunday drive to see the scenery and leaves. We were very pleasantly surprised when we entered. It was very busy but appeared well organized. They had received our reservation and pulled it up quickly. We asked for a window table, if possible and they found one for us. We had a glass of wine and a very good lunch, served by a very pleasant waitress. Our food order was served in a reasonable time. We looked at the dessert menu, which was very interesting. Asked the waitress if she had a favorite so we ordered it It was a very different raspberry/pudding and exceptional. We will return and recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was good and generous.TommyZ51Dined on 9/26/2014The food was good and generous. The view of the Allegheny River was peaceful and tranquil. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to other people. When I am in the area again I will make this a place to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place, good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014The Allegheny Grille had some good food and prepared to your liking. The view from the dining room was nice. The Service was quick.Special Features:
- The Ladies Who LunchLadieswholunchDined on 9/10/2014Our monthly lunch group likes to try different places but not travel too far from Butler and Allegheny Grille was perfect! Food to satisfy everyone's tastes in a beautiful location. Will return when the leaves change!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014Very enjoyable evening with my husband and parents. Our waitress was excellent and attentive. Not very impressed with the wine list, but nonetheless, we will definitely be coming back. It was worth the hour trip and next time we will come earlier to enjoy the view and other cute and interesting shops in Foxburg.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and perfect serviceFanoffoodDined on 9/6/2014We go every year for our anniversary and each time it seems better. Breathtaking views. Exquisite food and wonderful service. Great for cozying up with the one you love or taking the whole group. I recommend it to anyone looking for a good place to relax and enjoy themselves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Retirement DinnerEllieDined on 9/3/2014I treated my companion to a quiet dinner for two. We were celebrating his retirement from a local tube mill after 35 plus years of service. It was a very relaxing evening and we enjoyed everything at the Allegheny Grille. We then proceeded across the street to cap off the evening with a bottle of wine at Foxburg Winery. This area is a little sleepy hollow, but has much to offer. I recommend the restaurant to any one looking for memorable dining with a peaceful setting.Special Features:
- Great place to eatgreatplaceDined on 8/23/2014This place has a great view of the River. Food is excellent . nice atmosphere You might find this odd, BUT you must try their Macaroni And Cheese for lunch or dinner.. Its amazing..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very pooralleghenyDined on 8/23/2014the food was only fair---service was not great----two of the items we wanted they were out of. Will not go back---would not recommend---we got there a few minutes early and out table was ready and was by the window like we wanted---i really do not think we would have needed a reservation but it was nice to go with the peace of mind that we would not have to wait.
- Wonderful mealfirsttimerDined on 8/20/2014This was our first time at Allegheny Grille. We were very pleased with the place and the food. Also the view is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dining and atmospheredew263Dined on 8/14/2014We booked ahead and arrived half an hour early. Got an excellent table by the river. Relaxing, good selections.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A wonderful dining experienceeaterDined on 8/14/2014We chose this restaurant to take a friend out to lunch after it was recommended by another friend. The view of the river was fantastic and we were very satisfied with the overall experience. The decor was rustic and inviting, and very comfortable. The service was good. I had the AG French dip sandwich and my husband had chicken Parmesan. They were both excellent. My friend was served a free desert for her birthday. I would recommend the Allegheny Grille for any occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReservationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/10/2014We did the online reservation and it only let us choose two different times. 6:45 and 7:00 pm. We ended up going around 5:30pm and there were available tables so I'm not sure why we only has those two late times to choose from.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ChangesLocalDined on 8/9/2014I've been to the Foxburg Inn/Allegheny Grille before and each time I feel like the service has suffered along with the portions. Our waiter was not the most social person and only took our orders and presented the check. Also, the food quality isn't what I recall from my previous experiences Granted it is still a nice establishment and the food is good but the wow factor isn't there anymore. Next time I go to Foxburg, I'll eat at the fire oven pizza place, drink my wine at the winery and sit on the deck for the view of the river.Special Features:
- Nice dining experiencealmostfoodiesDined on 8/9/2014There were some unique items on the menu which were a pleasant surprise. I recommend the kettle chips. Very tasty. The hostess could have been friendlier and more accommodating, but I would recommend this place to family and friends for the ambiance first, then the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine affordable dinighootieDined on 8/2/2014We went with 4 adults and 2 children - after 4 hours on the nearby bike trail. The food was excellent, something for everyone. We were even early for our reservation and our table was prepared with a scenic view of the Allegheny River. Great affordable dining with excellent service.Special Features:
- DougDined on 7/31/2014The weather was great, so we used the deck. The food was very good and the views were great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 405 reviews are from the Allegheny Grille reviews archive.
- WonderfulInkicatDined on 7/25/2014Our server couldn't have been better. Friendly, attentive and efficient. Our meals were delicious. I had the turkey dinner - it was fresh turkey. Wonderful. My husband loved his chicken Parmesan. Beautiful view of the Allegheny River topped off a great dining experience.Special Features:
- ChrisCapeggDined on 7/11/2014The food was absolutely delicious! The atmosphere was great and the outdoor scenery was beautiful! We would definitely recommend the allegheny grille to our friends and family. We would also come back in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/5/2014The chicken fingers and clam chowder were excellentSpecial Features:
- DecentEmBeeDined on 7/5/2014I wasn't impressed with the menu, nothing caught my attention so I got a bacon and bleu burger ordered medium, it came out well done so I only ate about a quarter of it. My boyfriend loved his turkey dinner meal. Our server was nice but not very attentive and she didn't seem very excited to be there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Diamond in the RoughOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/5/2014WOW! our visit to Foxburg was like stepping back in time, with a beautiful lodge restaurant with window walls look out right on rivers edge! amazing, with a great boutique winery, hotel and little shoppes to boot! great day or even overnight trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Have eaten there many times.JudeMDined on 7/3/2014We have ate at this restaurant many times and the food has always been outstanding It also has beautiful views of the Allegheny River.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CozyPeacefulDined on 6/13/2014A nice place to meet family from different locations, lovely little jewel in the mountain for a nice afternoonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/7/2014My wife and I had a wonderful dinner. This is probably the tenth time we have dined at this restrauat. I would highly recommend this place to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful RetreatMimi146Dined on 5/11/2014We have been going here since moving to the area in 2002. It's a favorite choice for birthday dinners and special occasions like the Mother's Day dinner we enjoyed last Sunday. Wait staff is friendly and helpful without being pushy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.