40 Main Street / PO Box 362
Foxburg, PA 16036Neighborhood:
Comfort FoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.visitfoxburg.com/
- Phone: 7246595701
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday and Saturday 4:00pm- 11:00pm Sunday 11:30-7:00pm All day dinner
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Ester Preston
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: For special banquet functions, we offer offsite catering.
- Private Party Facilities: Private Functions...PERFECTLY. The Allegheny Grille is dedicated to providing our customers with food and service of the highest quality while enjoying the natural beauty of the Allegheny River. Whether it be a wedding, corporate retreat, graduation, or any other type of group gathering.
- Private Party Contact: Melissa Leitch-Banquet Manager 7246595701
- Entertainment: During the spring, summer & fall we will offer live music.
- Special Events: We offer throughout the year several special events to include: wine dinners, festivals, clam bakes, Halloween events, and new years eve extravaganza.
A word from Allegheny Grille
Welcome to Allegheny Grille, where we offer great food & friendly faces seven days a week. Our location on the banks of the Allegheny River is second to none & is the perfect place for a table for two or the grandest of wedding receptions or business luncheons. Come for dinner or stay the weekend. Our new hotel & winery make us the perfect weekend destination.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Allegheny Grille - Best Restaurants in Foxburg ›
Allegheny Grille reviews from OpenTable diners
54 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (48)special occasion (35)great for outdoor dining (34)romantic (24)great for lunch (22)good for groups (20)neighborhood gem (18)fit for foodies (13)great for brunch (10)notable wine list (8)kid-friendly (4)hot spot (4)late-night find (4)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- Surprise ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014This was our first visit to the Allegheny Grille, so we were not certain what to expect. We knew a little bit about Foxburg and went for a Sunday drive to see the scenery and leaves. We were very pleasantly surprised when we entered. It was very busy but appeared well organized. They had received our reservation and pulled it up quickly. We asked for a window table, if possible and they found one for us. We had a glass of wine and a very good lunch, served by a very pleasant waitress. Our food order was served in a reasonable time. We looked at the dessert menu, which was very interesting. Asked the waitress if she had a favorite so we ordered it It was a very different raspberry/pudding and exceptional. We will return and recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was good and generous.TommyZ51Dined on 9/26/2014The food was good and generous. The view of the Allegheny River was peaceful and tranquil. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to other people. When I am in the area again I will make this a place to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place, good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014The Allegheny Grille had some good food and prepared to your liking. The view from the dining room was nice. The Service was quick.Special Features:
- The Ladies Who LunchLadieswholunchDined on 9/10/2014Our monthly lunch group likes to try different places but not travel too far from Butler and Allegheny Grille was perfect! Food to satisfy everyone's tastes in a beautiful location. Will return when the leaves change!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014Very enjoyable evening with my husband and parents. Our waitress was excellent and attentive. Not very impressed with the wine list, but nonetheless, we will definitely be coming back. It was worth the hour trip and next time we will come earlier to enjoy the view and other cute and interesting shops in Foxburg.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and perfect serviceFanoffoodDined on 9/6/2014We go every year for our anniversary and each time it seems better. Breathtaking views. Exquisite food and wonderful service. Great for cozying up with the one you love or taking the whole group. I recommend it to anyone looking for a good place to relax and enjoy themselves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Retirement DinnerEllieDined on 9/3/2014I treated my companion to a quiet dinner for two. We were celebrating his retirement from a local tube mill after 35 plus years of service. It was a very relaxing evening and we enjoyed everything at the Allegheny Grille. We then proceeded across the street to cap off the evening with a bottle of wine at Foxburg Winery. This area is a little sleepy hollow, but has much to offer. I recommend the restaurant to any one looking for memorable dining with a peaceful setting.Special Features:
- Great place to eatgreatplaceDined on 8/23/2014This place has a great view of the River. Food is excellent . nice atmosphere You might find this odd, BUT you must try their Macaroni And Cheese for lunch or dinner.. Its amazing..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very pooralleghenyDined on 8/23/2014the food was only fair---service was not great----two of the items we wanted they were out of. Will not go back---would not recommend---we got there a few minutes early and out table was ready and was by the window like we wanted---i really do not think we would have needed a reservation but it was nice to go with the peace of mind that we would not have to wait.
- Wonderful mealfirsttimerDined on 8/20/2014This was our first time at Allegheny Grille. We were very pleased with the place and the food. Also the view is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dining and atmospheredew263Dined on 8/14/2014We booked ahead and arrived half an hour early. Got an excellent table by the river. Relaxing, good selections.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A wonderful dining experienceeaterDined on 8/14/2014We chose this restaurant to take a friend out to lunch after it was recommended by another friend. The view of the river was fantastic and we were very satisfied with the overall experience. The decor was rustic and inviting, and very comfortable. The service was good. I had the AG French dip sandwich and my husband had chicken Parmesan. They were both excellent. My friend was served a free desert for her birthday. I would recommend the Allegheny Grille for any occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReservationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/10/2014We did the online reservation and it only let us choose two different times. 6:45 and 7:00 pm. We ended up going around 5:30pm and there were available tables so I'm not sure why we only has those two late times to choose from.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ChangesLocalDined on 8/9/2014I've been to the Foxburg Inn/Allegheny Grille before and each time I feel like the service has suffered along with the portions. Our waiter was not the most social person and only took our orders and presented the check. Also, the food quality isn't what I recall from my previous experiences Granted it is still a nice establishment and the food is good but the wow factor isn't there anymore. Next time I go to Foxburg, I'll eat at the fire oven pizza place, drink my wine at the winery and sit on the deck for the view of the river.Special Features:
- Nice dining experiencealmostfoodiesDined on 8/9/2014There were some unique items on the menu which were a pleasant surprise. I recommend the kettle chips. Very tasty. The hostess could have been friendlier and more accommodating, but I would recommend this place to family and friends for the ambiance first, then the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine affordable dinighootieDined on 8/2/2014We went with 4 adults and 2 children - after 4 hours on the nearby bike trail. The food was excellent, something for everyone. We were even early for our reservation and our table was prepared with a scenic view of the Allegheny River. Great affordable dining with excellent service.Special Features:
- DougDined on 7/31/2014The weather was great, so we used the deck. The food was very good and the views were great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulInkicatDined on 7/25/2014Our server couldn't have been better. Friendly, attentive and efficient. Our meals were delicious. I had the turkey dinner - it was fresh turkey. Wonderful. My husband loved his chicken Parmesan. Beautiful view of the Allegheny River topped off a great dining experience.Special Features:
- ChrisCapeggDined on 7/11/2014The food was absolutely delicious! The atmosphere was great and the outdoor scenery was beautiful! We would definitely recommend the allegheny grille to our friends and family. We would also come back in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/5/2014The chicken fingers and clam chowder were excellentSpecial Features:
- DecentEmBeeDined on 7/5/2014I wasn't impressed with the menu, nothing caught my attention so I got a bacon and bleu burger ordered medium, it came out well done so I only ate about a quarter of it. My boyfriend loved his turkey dinner meal. Our server was nice but not very attentive and she didn't seem very excited to be there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Diamond in the RoughOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/5/2014WOW! our visit to Foxburg was like stepping back in time, with a beautiful lodge restaurant with window walls look out right on rivers edge! amazing, with a great boutique winery, hotel and little shoppes to boot! great day or even overnight trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Have eaten there many times.JudeMDined on 7/3/2014We have ate at this restaurant many times and the food has always been outstanding It also has beautiful views of the Allegheny River.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CozyPeacefulDined on 6/13/2014A nice place to meet family from different locations, lovely little jewel in the mountain for a nice afternoonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/7/2014My wife and I had a wonderful dinner. This is probably the tenth time we have dined at this restrauat. I would highly recommend this place to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 397 reviews are from the Allegheny Grille reviews archive.
- Wonderful RetreatMimi146Dined on 5/11/2014We have been going here since moving to the area in 2002. It's a favorite choice for birthday dinners and special occasions like the Mother's Day dinner we enjoyed last Sunday. Wait staff is friendly and helpful without being pushy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Area Dining StalwartMontyDined on 5/11/2014Foxburg is fortunate to have a place like this. The food was very, very good as always. The service was well, although I had the buffet on my visit on Mother's Day. The dining area is comfortable -- not too tight, not too vast -- very conducive to a pleasant dinner conversation. Unfortunately, there aren't a lot of alternatives to the Allegheny Grille in the area; fortunately, there isn't a need, because the Allegheny Grille doesn't leave a desire for one. The opportunity to make a reservation online through opentable.com is a big plus, personally. AG is my daughter's favorite restaurant, and she (easily) coerced us into going there for Mother's Day. I recommend the place.Special Features:
- Best meal in a long timeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/10/2014Fabulous spot, great view, wonderful food - it doesn't get much better. Chargrilled chicken and New York Strip - both prepared to order and quality couldn't be beat! Even the house salad was top of the line. The service was spectacular - our server was prompt and attentive. Even the host was helpful, we were a little late for our reservation and when we called the host assured us we would still have our spot and we did. Definitely a spot for a romantic dinner, special occasion or even lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre Mothers Day DinningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/3/2014My party of five each had a different item for dinner. Chicken Parm was very good, steak with shrimp and crab sauce was very good, chicken Marsala was very good, prime rib was very good and the pork was a bit over cooked and dry. Overall the dinner was very good. The deserts were top notch. The real jem for this dinning experience was the hostess ( Courtney) and the waitress (Danny).Special Features:
- table number 1OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/8/2014our group has enjoyed the grille for 3 plus years. tues evening very sad service we requested number 1 table when we arrived we were told that table was taken for a larger group. ok took round table. life goes on...service very bad 2 groups ordered after us and were served before us. we ordered the burgers.....slow service with food not to usual standard....probably will not visit again .. taking our group outings (once a month) to franklin. we had always enjoyed the scenery and food but hard to come back .
- little disappointing2hungrydinersDined on 4/5/2014The restaurant is very nice, the view is wonderful, especially at sunset. Employees are very prompt and friendly. Food was very disappointing. My barbecue chicken was very dry, sides were almost cold. My husband's meal- a hamburger without bun, was overcooked. He also ordered appetizer crackers, dry and very small. The cost was very high. Two people with tip was over $70.00. We would go back to Foxburg for the winery and the view, but don't think would go back to the restaurant.Special Features:
- Allegheny GrilleChezzaDined on 3/29/2014The Allegheny Grille is a fine dining restaurant in Foxburg, PA. The decor is upscale rustic. The menu is somewhat limited but does cover all of the food category bases: steak, seafood, pasta, and poultry There is an extensive wine list featuring wines from the local winery. Servers are always friendly and usually quite efficient without being intrusive. The prices are a little high for a rural area, but they are certainly comparable to other popular dining spots. My husband had the prime rib and consumed every single bite. It was accompanied by mashed redskin potatoes and mixed vegetables. I had the panko crusted haddock, which was also quite good if a tad underdone. Portions were generous. I took home half of my meal for the next day!Special Features:
- Enjoyed a nice evening withOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/15/2014Enjoyed a nice evening with good friends and lots of neighbors. The atmosphere was appropriate for St Patrick's weekend. Our server was very friendly and helpful. The corned beef was good but not exceptional. Better reviews for the shepherd's pie. Nice to have the special feature of live music, although more Irish type tunes may have worked too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Impressed!PFSFDined on 3/15/2014The food was wonderful, portions were generous. Friendly wait staff. View could not be beat, can't wait to go back when the weather is warmer and sit on the deck! Bar staff was great also!Special Features:
- Allegheny GrillJerryDined on 3/14/2014The food was generally good and fairly priced. I had a dinner salad with salmon, and my wife had a grilled chicken sandwich. The salmon was excellent, but the greens in the salad were somewhat mediocre. My wife was served the wrong chicken sandwich, but it was close enough to what she wanted, so she decided not to tell the server. We have eaten here a number of times and the food is always good to very good, but not great. The service is generally good to very good, but not great. We would say that this restaurant is a good value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Restaurantjmi16323Dined on 3/5/2014This is a fantastic restaurant with great food, great waiters, good service and just a wonderful place to eatSpecial Features:
- Great experience, with great food!lilyDined on 2/28/2014everything was delicious, from the stuffed hot peppers to the coconut cream pie! Our server was attentive, and our food was great!! we will be back!Special Features:
- A friend of mine joined meOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/22/2014A friend of mine joined me for dinner. He had never been there and really enjoyed the evening, the service, the food and the wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view of the river. VeryOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/22/2014Great view of the river. Very nice staff, helpful and attentive. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/15/2014Very good food and wonderful service in a small scenic winter town. we were able to see a Eagle flying over the river to the other hill side.Special Features: