140 University Avenue
Palo Alto, CA 94301Neighborhood:
Fusion / EclecticPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://alkymists.com/
- Phone: 6503213514x
- Hours of Operation:
Serving nightly dinner and weekend brunch.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic
- Executive Chef: Jared Combs
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Contact: Bryn Carmassi 8773329689
- Cross Street: High Street
- Public Transit: One block from the Palo Alto Caltrain stop.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: There is ample street parking on the surrounding streets. On our block on High Street (one-way at our location), there is a public parking lot to the left, and a multi-story parking structure to the right.
A word from Alkymists
alkymists melds world fusion street food bar/lounge menu with herb-infused liquor & cocktails. We will hold monthly culinary classes geared towards low income/single parents, childhood malnutrition, and other philanthropic topics. alkymists will sell house-branded wine, jarred goods, and be available for catering and special events.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Alkymists reviews from OpenTable diners
13 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (8)good for groups (6)vibrant bar scene (6)neighborhood gem (5)hot spot (4)kid-friendly (2)romantic (1)special occasion (1)late-night find (1)notable wine list (1)great for outdoor dining (1)great for lunch (0)Show More
- Exciting New SpotKyleDined on 9/27/2014Overall we had a very well conceptualized and executed dinner. So often "street food" in a restaurant is simply stripped down entrees plated differently, but the folks at Alkymists did an amazing job of capturing the essence of street food from all over the world. The food itself was super well prepared, the brisket in the crepes was flavorful and tender, and the crepes themselves were practically perfect. We were wishing we could try more plates, always the mark of an exciting menu. The bar and wine lists are very well done, the list short but thoughtful and well priced, the house made infusions are fantastic. A few hiccups in the service, but that is to be expected the first week being open.Special Features:
- Great new restaurantPBHATVIPDined on 9/27/2014Terrific drinks, good (but not outstanding) food, nice ambiance. Good vegetarian options. Slightly overpriced. Definitely worth checking out, especially for a special occassion. Great mission, contribution to the community.Special Features:
- It is OKNoComingBackDined on 9/27/2014I find the interior design the most interesting part of this place. Also, the concept of the restaurant is very appealing - healthy choice and science-geeky. However, since we are vegetarians, the choice is very limited and the taste is rather blend. The cocktails were not brought over until we were almost done with our dinner, and we had to ask for water three times until we finally got some. So most of the time, we were eating our dinner without cocktails or water - not very nice. The cocktails were not very good. I had one with lime but I can only taste lime, nothing else. Overall, I don't think we will come back to this place.
- New on the blockOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 9/27/2014New spot on University in Palo Alto. Alkymists has a nice initial vibe to it and the menu looks appealing but the food falls down in execution. The Lamb Gouda dumplings were bland and did not seem to have lots of lamb (or gouda). Asian slaw salad also kind of ordinary. Short ribs were OK. Our waiter was terrible. But they are very new and I guess that they need to get the kinks out. And we were a bit disconcerted that they allowed a group with a dog and a barefoot patron in the bar area.Special Features:
- Amazing new place!momo73Dined on 9/27/2014Had dinner here on Saturday with family + guests. We were a big party that got bigger and they were very accommodating. The food was awesome--the Chef's special platter and the Ahi Tuna tacos were a favorite across the table. Their street food menu makes for great small plates set for a group. From the plates, the Pork Belly stood out. The special infused coctails are *very* cool.Special Features:
- Innovative dining experienceheathstreetVIPDined on 9/24/2014This is a welcome new addition to the University avenue restaurant scene. The food is carefully prepared, diverse in style, and artfully presented. Prices are reasonable for the portion size and service is wonderful (even on their first night in business!). The vegetarian options here are excellent - and the drink menu is quite enticing. Clearly, the folks at Alkymists are committed to providing their diners with an unforgettable experience. Note that this place is a bit on the loud side, so not a place for a quiet night out!Special Features:
- Great place for food and drinksKrisstirDined on 7/11/2014The service was excellent and the food was wonderful. They even brought us an appetizer to try compliments of the chef! I can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- The following 0 reviews are from the Alkymists reviews archive.