4 West University Parkway
Baltimore, MD 21218Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.alizeebaltimore.com/
- Phone: 4434496200
- Hours of Operation:
monday - sunday 5:00pm - 10:00pm
monday - friday 11:00am - 2:00pm
saturday 12:00pm - 2:00pm
sunday 11:00am - 2:00pm
sunday - friday 7:00am - 10:00am
saturday 7:00am - 11:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jermaine Brookshire
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Please contact the restaurant directly for all catering or large private dining party inquiries. 443-449-6200.
- Special Events: We would love to host your special event! Please call the restaurant directly to receive more information.
A word from alizée
alizée contemporary american, Baltimore focused cuisine located in the inn at the colonnade just north of the johns hopkins campus baltimore's hottest new restaurant located in the historic tuscany-canterbury neighborhoodContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
alizée reviews from OpenTable diners
- Poor is too high of a ratingBethDined on 5/5/2013My husband and I went here for a date night after reading the reviews. When we got to the restaurant we were quickly shown to our table. To our surprise the restaurant was empty with the exception of us, this started things off on a weird note. At first our waiter seemed attentive but that was short lived. He took our orders, delivered our food and that was the last we saw of anyone for at least 30 minutes. Meanwhile we hear carrying on in the kitchen, we have run out of our drinks and I had to get the water pitcher myself to refill our glasses. When the waiter finally returned I told him that I had to get the water myself because they had disappeared and he was completely oblivious. Our experience was very disappointing and won't return
- server needs to find a new jobboomer49VIPDined on 5/4/2013the service was beyond acceptable. Slow does not even begin to describe it. The icing on the cake was after ordering desert and waiting 30 min. for it, he brought the check stating "I know you have been waiting patiently for this." Bottom line, we never got the desert.
- Had a good sized party andMikeRDined on 5/4/2013Had a good sized party and had a great time. The environment and service was very good but food wasn't close to meeting expectations. It was tasteless and some things (such as blackened rockfish) was really overcooked. Could not recommend to any going beyond a drink at the bar.Special Features:
- loud restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/27/2013there was a game at hopkins. most people were at the restaurant it was so loud. kids were all over the place. so much different frpm my time there before nest time I go I will make sure there is not a game at hopkins.Special Features:
- Poor service, needs managementHappyDinerVIPDined on 4/9/2013Alizee is suffering from weak management, it appears. Disorganized and inept service, wines not available, noisy rearranging of tables in the middle of the evening - embarrassingly unprofessional. The food, however, is excellent, despite the human resource problems.
- FairOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/31/2013Noisy cleanup in the lobby for about ten minutes around 6:00 pm. Cold in the restaurant. The food was good but not great.
- The food was good but notBekahC79Dined on 3/31/2013The food was good but not great. The food selection was much more limited than I would like to see. Service was outstanding. But I do find the mandatory 20% tip they added to the bill for a buffet brunch to be a bit much.
- Great food. Great service.HenryDined on 3/23/2013Great food. Great service. Beautiful restaurant. Will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Not the best - but not bad.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/23/2013Not the best - but not bad. Service was VERY slow. They keep the restaurant too bright - it is a very nicely done space, but the bright lights take away from the ambiance.
- Had a wonderful date. StephanieOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/8/2013Had a wonderful date. Stephanie is an excellent server!Special Features:
- Our Italian wine-tasting groupKathyVIPDined on 3/6/2013Our Italian wine-tasting group had a delightful meal and we were very pleased that they let us bring in all of our old Italian wines with no corkage fees. Our waitress was very attentive, as we're the other service staff. The restaurant wasn't terribly busy, so we got all the attention.Special Features:
- The food was simply ok. IOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2013The food was simply ok. I had the surf and turf Valentine's day special. My steak was not not cooked as ordered and the lobster was dry. I do believe however, that the regular menu items had the potential to be very good. I observed a table order from the regular menu and the food looked good and fresh! Perhaps the V-day menu was in the kitchen being mass-produced and neglected.Special Features:
- The pizza appetizer was similarOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/14/2013The pizza appetizer was similar to frozen pizza. The fried chicken was extremely dry and inedible and the seafood risotto had no flavor. Wine list was good and service was alright.
- Wow! Had a great time andOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 2/1/2013Wow! Had a great time and a great dinner for restaurant week. The restaurant was nearly empty, what a surprise.Special Features:
- We hadn't been to Alizee forKathyVIPDined on 2/1/2013We hadn't been to Alizee for a while and were pleased with all of our dinners: catfish, lamb shank and vegetable risotto. We were especially pleased that they let us bring an old Bordeaux from our cellar and didn't charge a corkage fee.Special Features:
- We sat for at least a hourOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/1/2013We sat for at least a hour until food arrived. Very slow service. It was only a handful of patrons in restaurant. Food was good!Special Features:
- We went for lunch and it wasOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 2/1/2013We went for lunch and it was great. Good food and service.Special Features:
- Great ExpectationsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/31/2013A very nice dining room and bar with rich reds, browns, and good lighting. The banquette was very comfortable. Our waiter was attentive and professional and made us feel welcome. I ordered the Chicken Chesapeake: chicken breast topped with lump crabmeat and asparagus with imperial sauce. Bad choice. Chicken was marinated in overpowering herbs that didn't play well with the crab. Imperial sauce was salty and pungent. It was accompanied by green beans almondine which were hard and dark olive in color with a couple of raw almond slices thrown in. Fingerling potatoes were cooked perfectly, but had some black spots on them (the kind you throw away when you peel potatoes). The presentation was very impressive, though. Appetizers were good, basic.
- Disappointing. Soup was oversalty,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/29/2013Disappointing. Soup was oversalty, (French onion), with no onions. Fish was well prepared--the only positive in an otherwise mediocre experience.
- Started coming there severalOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/27/2013Started coming there several months ago, and always have a fantastic from the service to the foodSpecial Features:
- Since alizee is in a DoubletreeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/26/2013Since alizee is in a Doubletree hotel, it is a very good convienient place for hotel guests. The food is OK but nothing special. The main courses were better than the appitizers.
- We highly recommend it!!BobbiBVIPDined on 12/15/2012This seems to be a diamond in the rough. Even though we dined here on a Saturday night, the place was [at least] half empty. People must not know about it, as it’s in the Doubletree Hotel. This was one of the best meals we had. Four of us dined together and tasted each other’s dishes. Each one was delicious. The manager also stopped by to check in on us and made sure that our experience was perfect. We are happy to come back here next time we are back in town!Special Features:
- One Night with Good FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/13/2012I'm only staying one night here at the Colonnade so my experience is based on just one visit to Alizee, but here's my two-cents. I tried the "Wine Flights" special (choose any 3 glasses of wine for $15) and was delighted with my choices. I'd like to think I made outstanding selections, but, I just wanted to try something different so I tried the Albarino, Syrah, and Barbera d'Alba (in that order) along with the Simple Salad and Fromage plate. All delicious... and the bar tender gave excellent recommendations and honest critiques of their menu items. The salad was good, a little acidic and boring, but accompanied by the Fromage plate, was a welcome addition.Special Features:
- Slow service but good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/10/2012Alizee was a welcome experience, yet it was a slow night for the wait staff and the bar staff….the host played server and bartender. It might have been a good idea to just have drinks at the bar instead of hosting a birthday party there on a Monday night. The food was tasteful and good but it took them some times to come and take our drink orders and our entree orders as well…I would go again, however, I would need to see it on a different night with move staff to accommodate the customers.
- Couple Night OutOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/23/2012Went to Alizee because of a gift voucher, and was much better than expected. It is located in a hotel lobby, but once you enter you forget you are in a hotel. We were seated right away and drink order taken. There were about 5 other tables besides us and only one waiter, we did have to wait a bit for our order to be taken but it was fine since we were in no rush. My boyfriend ordered the Rib-eye and myself the bistro cut, both were cooked exactly as ordered. Service was good, waiter and other staff made sure we had everything we needed. Would definitely go back.Special Features:
- This was Thanksgiving, butOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/22/2012This was Thanksgiving, but food was not hot, and many of the dishes were bland.
- Great for family and friendsLUV2EATDined on 11/22/2012Great for family and friends or even an intimate outting with a special guest.Special Features:
- Nightmare on ThanksgivingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/22/2012The worst meal I have ever had. One doesn't expect the best of a buffet due to keeping things warm and such over extended periods, but this wasn't even warm in the warming dishes. The quality of the food, and limited nature of the choices made temperature superfluous. Our server tried, but failed to meet expectations...when to remove a plate that was clearly finished, etc. When he offered to let me taste the wine since they were changing wine lists and didn't have the one I wanted, I approved it and he started pouring the rest of the carafe in my glass. It was room temperature or warmer. He happily went off to get me a chilled glass, but really?? To top it off, we had a 20% gratuity...for buffet "service" for a party of 30? Ridiculous!
- Outstanding BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/19/2012Fantastic, exquisite, wonderful, delicious, and a treat!! Huge brunch selection for you to choose from. I will go back. I want to go back. The service is beyond compare, the food is great. We were treated like family when we walked in. You can skip the drinks because they really aren't anything special, but try the dessert.Special Features:
- The food is great, the settingregularcustomerVIPDined on 11/17/2012The food is great, the setting lovely, and the service attentive. We'll be back.Special Features:
- A cut above diner foodMeMeVIPDined on 11/2/2012This was a big disappointment. The food was not worth the price. If we had been out at a diner, we would have been very happy, but alizée strives to be better than just another hotel restaurant. The food was prepared with too much salt. To their credit, they offered a replacement, but by then we were so disappointed by the whole experience we didn't take them up on it. We saw staff walking around the place aimlessly, and one was even drinking out of a styrofoam cup as he ambled through the place. The restaurant was dead on a Friday evening, so it seems the word is out that alizée is not among the better restaurants in the area. The staff was all very nice, but we left feeling very sad.
- Classy place with great food.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/20/2012Classy place with great food. It would be a great place to take mom out on mother's day or something, or just to treat yourself to a nice meal.Special Features:
- We went for lunch at aboutDCDinerDined on 10/13/2012We went for lunch at about 2:30 pm. The restaurant seemed very under staffed. The food was good, but not awesome. The crab pretzel was very good.
- We enjoyed the food as wellJCandGHDined on 10/6/2012We enjoyed the food as well as the surroundings. We would recommend this place for special occasions.Special Features:
- For starters the restuarantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/29/2012For starters the restuarant is located in a hotel lobby. For a Saturday evening, Alizee was empty! The waiter was not very friendly and our food took entirly to long to come out (especially given that aside from our table, 4 other people were in the restuarant. I would not return!
- Nicely done.LeptodoraDined on 9/28/2012The food was nicely done and very generous portions. There was something for everyone. I know it is in an hotel, but that shouldn't put anyone off. The staff was welcoming and the decor nice. The kitchen was a bit slow, and it was not a busy night as near as we could tell, though we were told later that it was the fried chicken dinner that took more time. That information should be on the menu.Special Features:
- The brunch menu was very limitedElizabethDined on 9/16/2012The brunch menu was very limited and only pre fix. No other options. The crab omlet was great but everything else was only so so. Place was empty maybe we know why now :( my husbands egg Benedict had almost no hollandaise sauce an the English muffin was black. The crab chowder he barely touched. Desert was only so so as well. Just expected better for such a limite menu. If you are going to have a few items do them well!
- For a pretty empty restaurantYumzVIPDined on 8/23/2012For a pretty empty restaurant the service was mediocre. The server was dull and appeared to not want to be working at all. The food was okay, nothing great and I can see why the restaurant was empty. The stripped bass was well cooked and great with the honey glazed carrots, but that was the best thing we ate. The crab potato skins had little flavor and all they needed was a dust of old bay. The seafood risotto was bland, the only saving grace being the amount of seafood. My guest and I could both agreed that we would not eat there again.
- Excellent as always, the foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/20/2012Excellent as always, the food and service top notchSpecial Features:
- This was an ok restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/13/2012This was an ok restaurant for a hotel restaurant, but if you're a local, there are so many better places to eat. The service was excellent, the place was clean, and the dining room has a nice ambiance. It was the creativity of the food that was lacking. Fresh, but boring.