5500 Chamblee Dunwoody Rd
Dunwoody, GA 30338Neighborhood:
ContinentalPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.alisonsrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 7703950707
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Sunday 11:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Tuesday - Sunday 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Continental, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Alison Norris
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Can cater any size of Party or Project. Call us and we will tailor a menu just for you.
A word from Alison's Restaurant
Voted Best of Dunwoody. Alison's is Your Neighborhood Restaurant with Fine Food serving An eclectic Menu featuring Crab Cakes, Cedar Plank Salmon, Lobster Ravioli, Steak, Burgers, Fried Chicken and the BEST Fish and Chips outside of Grimsby according to the regulars....and ....so much more... Dine In or Call ahead for Take Out . We also cater. Looking forward to meeting and serving you.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Alison's Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
- Don't judge this book by its coverOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/19/2013We arrived on a Sunday after having a disappointing experience at one of Atlanta's top restaurants the night before. Alison's was virtually empty, the decor is a throwback to the late 70s, and I expected Robert Irvine to show up for an episode of Restauant Impossible. Don't judge Alison's on first impressions. The menu is diverse, ingredients fresh and dishes delicious--starting with the filler-free Maryland crab cakes. Alison's was a welcome surprise in a city where diners are increasingly expected to spend $150-200 for two adults and two teenagers on often-overrated food and ambiance. At Alison's, it appears there is no pretense. Just solid, fresh food at fair prices in a very friendly environment. Great neighborhood find. .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We went for Mother's Day forOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/12/2013We went for Mother's Day for an early dinner. The fryers were not working because of the busy brunch they had earlier. I work in the restaurant business, so I don't know what that was all about, you can drain and filter a fryer in about 15 minutes. We had the shrimp cocktail for an app and the sauce was very good. My mom had the mixed green salad with bacon and chicken and loved it. My brother had the salmon croquets which he said were good, needed more of an onion flavor to it. My burger was a bit chewy. Our server didn't even tell us the specials that night, we overheard them from other servers around the place, but was attentive. Overall, some things were great, and some were just average.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over priced for what you getChowgirl2Dined on 5/12/2013We did the Sunday brunch buffet. At $20/person it was very disappointing. The salmon and chicken were extremely dry and the shrimp was over cooked and rubbery. The fruit tray was unimpressive and practically empty the whole time we were there. Only a small selection of baked goods - 2 varieties of mini muffins. No pastries or danishes, no pancakes, no french toast. However, the cheesy grits were delicious. The vegetables and potatoes were also quite good. But all in all, not worth $20. I expected a lot more options and a lot better quality for the amount of money we paid.
- Delightful and Delicious!ScottieoVIPDined on 10/6/2012Our first visit to Alison's was delightful and delicious! We both had the butternut squash soup which had a sprinkle of chili powder on top for a little kick. Very tasty. My friend had the crab cake and said it was a REAL CRAB cake...no fake crab meat. He gave it high marks. I enjoyed the creamy and cheesy shrimp and grits. Yummy...and I don't typically like grits. The shrimp was done to perfection and the steamed broccoli gave the dish great color and the added benefit of a fresh veggie. The hot Parmesan dusted rolls are to die for! Alison, herself, came by to see how we enjoyed the meal. Given that we live in the neighborhood, we will definitely be back!Special Features:
- No Wow factorOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/22/2012Alison's was ok, but just ok. The food wasn't bad, but it didn't have any pizazz either. I ordered two signature dishes expecting to be wowed at least a little and was sadly disappointed that they were both fairly bland. I got the feeling that they shy away from using spices or anything to add a little flair. The staff, while helpful and friendly, seemed to outnumber the patrons when I arrived just after 8pm on Saturday night. The experience left me with no desire to return.
- Great food and service, dessertsOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/16/2012Great food and service, desserts were some of the best ever. Reasonably prices too! Not very busy though.Special Features:
- Our New FavoriteAlbertTDined on 9/2/2012Owner-Operator consistently made sure that all aspects of our dining experience was up to standard. Great food. Great family restaurant. Good wine list. Moderate prices.Special Features:
- The food was incredible.PerfectlyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/25/2012The food was incredible.Perfectly seasoned and prepared.We all agreed the crab and shrimp bisque was the best we'd ever eaten.The only downside to our evening was our server. Apparently it was her first night. When asked about several items on the menu, she siad she didn't know and made no effort to find out an answer. Between courses, we sat and waited while she stared at us from the bar. This was not our first visit, and we'll definitely go back, but hopefully have a different server.Special Features:
- Alison's was very good overall.OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/23/2012Alison's was very good overall. Food was very tasty. We had their specials for that day. Service was very good. The wait was not bad at all. Food came in good time. Garlic parmasan rolls were excellent and warm like Ippolito's but a bit smaller, more bite size. I was overall impressed with the restaurant. I may go there again.Special Features:
- We had a group of 9 adultsOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/19/2012We had a group of 9 adults for Sunday dinner and were able to hear one another and all were pleased with their food selections. Alison checked on us personally and the service was attentive and not intrusive. Very affordable, sensible portion sizes. The Whiskey cake is wonderful!Special Features:
- We loved our first visit toOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/15/2012We loved our first visit to Alison's---food, service, ambiance; all was great. Given that wonderful meal, we decided to bring our extended family last week. Alison graciously welcomed us and our food was delicious when it finally arrived, but we waited a very long time in between courses, for drinks, etc. so our family did not get to experience what we had hoped for during our second visit. Maybe we will try one more time and the third time will be the charm.Special Features:
- Alison's was a quaint littleOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/14/2012Alison's was a quaint little restaurant with no special flares or anything that would stick out to me. I like the atmosphere at Chilies or a chain restaurant better.
- Was relatively quiet for aRettaJune1VIPDined on 7/13/2012Was relatively quiet for a Friday night. Staff was good but not overly knowledgeable about the food. Wine list was not great.
- Very nice neighborhood spotCisforcookieVIPDined on 6/29/2012Alison's is a great neighborhood restaurant. She personally greeted each table, which was nice. We'll definitely go back!Special Features:
- OK restaurant and plenty ofwestgaladyDined on 6/27/2012OK restaurant and plenty of free parking. Not a great bargain, but decent food and excellent service. I eat out quite a lot and for the price I would prefer to go to LaGrotta at Ravinia for upscale dining at the same price range.
- My daughter has to eat glutenOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/6/2012My daughter has to eat gluten free and Alison was delightful in helping her with the menu.Special Features:
- This was our first time toOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 3/30/2012This was our first time to Alison's and all in our party were impressed. Friendly and prompt service. Wonderful food and a nice selection. Good assortment of wines also. I highly recommend Alison's.Special Features:
- Had the worst burger I haveOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/30/2012Had the worst burger I have ever had in my life! Overcooked and chewy. Grits were tasteless. Service was wonderful. Owner visited often. Will try again with different menu item
- So glad I found this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/30/2012So glad I found this restaurant on Open Table. What a great find! It was a little difficult to find only because it was in a strip mall and it was hard to locate the address but we found it. The food was GREAT as was the wait staff. The decor was simple(like a family type restaurant) but nice. We met the owner (Alison herself) who not only helped us find her restaurant (she gave us directions by phone and was standing in the parking lot looking for us when we drove up)but she also made suggestions about the menu. We had a very good dining experience and will definitely come back.Special Features:
- The owner, Alison, is veryOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/24/2012The owner, Alison, is very involved in personally checking on customers to make sure you are satisfied. We were celebrating a birthday and she brought us cake with candles and even sang Happy Birthday. Overall service is above average. The dinner rolls sprinkled with Parmesan cheese are exceptional. We were there on a Saturday night. Early on, there are families with children; later, it's mostly a Baby Boomer-age and older crowd. The entrees we had were good, not spectacular. Nice bar area with TV.Special Features:
- The group of 8 women enjoyedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/6/2012The group of 8 women enjoyed the luncheon very much. Everyone seemed happy w/food and service. I plan to returnSpecial Features:
- Found on open table... theOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/2/2012Found on open table... the food was pretty good, but nothing outstanding (other than the dinner rolls), and the atmosphere was lacking. We were the youngest ones by far (and we're 30!). Service was quick.
- Loved it all the staff weresophiaDined on 2/4/2012Loved it all the staff were great, the food was good. Would go back again.Special Features:
- I have been to every greatbaldys827VIPDined on 1/28/2012I have been to every great Atlanta restaurant and you could rank Allison's right up with them. Great food with even more amazing prices. When ever you have a chance try this Dunwoody delight.Special Features:
- The food is always excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/27/2012The food is always excellent each time we dine here. Had the butternut ravioli this dinner and it was exceptional.Special Features:
- I had heard this was a goodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 1/14/2012I had heard this was a good restaurant and the website boasts "Voted Best in Dunwoody". Really? By whom? My Chicken Parmigiana was awful. My friend's Shrimp and Grits was awful. We picked at our meals leaving most of the food on the plates, paid and stopped on the way home at Wendy's for something good to eat. At least now I know not to bother going there and wasting money again.
- We went the same night asOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 1/7/2012We went the same night as a large birthday party group (at least 60 ppl), so when we walked in, it looked like a political meeting was in progress and the lights were way too bright, I guess so the birthday toasters were more visible (?). Service was great. Alison gave up some of her cherished pinot noir stash when the regular bar stash ran out, so that was awesome of her. Overall, it was a great night, but the large birthday party was a little off-putting to be honest...they should have been in a more private area. All the food was very good, except the side of okra that one of my friends ordered. Crabcakes and loaded mashed taters were very good! And their inside out burger is really, really good for lunch!Special Features:
- We'll be backOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2011My boyfriend in our mid-late twenties and I dinner here before going out and we enjoyed the great flavors and great service. However, we were the youngest guests by 30-40 years. Definitely seemed to be an older spot, but we had a great time nonetheless.Special Features:
- New Year's Eve dinner wasOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/31/2011New Year's Eve dinner was superb with a melt-in-your mouth filet. Entire dinner was excellent and made for a very enjoyable dining experience.Special Features:
- Pleasant atmosphere but foodFigmntVIPDined on 11/20/2011Pleasant atmosphere but food lack taste with to much of a southwestern flair. Waitress was nice but did not seem to know much about the menu or how to explain the dishes.
- This was our first visit andOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/15/2011This was our first visit and we took some friends from Buckhead. We all thought our meals and the atmosphere was outstanding. What a great addition for Dunwoody!Special Features:
- I've eaten at Alison's beforeLennyDined on 10/15/2011I've eaten at Alison's before and every time we've been there it has ALWAYS been superior. We took two friends who had never been there before and they raved about everything. The menu is so varied that whatever your taste, it's there. And if you want a moderfication to something on your meal they are ready to accommodate you. It is always a special evening when we dine at Alison's. P.S. the prices are remarkedly LOW for what you get.. Lenny & Barbara GreensteinSpecial Features:
- Just an OK experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/25/2011There was a group of 8 of us. There were not that many other people in the restaruant. We went for Sunday Brunch becasue we liked their brunch menu they had on-line. To our surprise - they were not offering that menu. The did have some specials for the day that the server rattled off - too many to try and keep track of and nothing was in writting, so we had to ask alot of questions, ask things to be re-peated and I think the server was bothered by this. Allison did come buy our table ans say hi. That was nice. The food quality was OK. 2 people in our group of 8 did not like their dish at all - the meatloaf - they said very dry and no flavor. 3 People thought their meal was very good, and the other 3 said - ok... nothing special.
- This is truly a family operation.DavidKeithDined on 8/20/2011This is truly a family operation. They were very nice and we tipped well. The staff seemed exceptionally young, and our server was not an experienced server. He reached across the table to place waters, well on the other side of the table. Nice young man and we did not knock him for this. He just needs time to train etc. The food was good, just not really special as you would have hoped for. Everything was cooked well and presented in a fine manner, just no "bling/pop". The dessert I thought was really thoughtless. Served in a shot glass. Not really what I am used to in a dessert offering.
- Our second visit did not measureOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/2/2011Our second visit did not measure up to the first. Maybe it was mostly the atmosphere - there were only 1-2 other parties dining while we were there. The service was friendly and quick, but not real professional.
- Good for kidsElyseddsVIPDined on 6/26/2011My kids loved it. My salad was good. Good for kids.Special Features:
- Great service and deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/22/2011Great service and delicious food! Our server, Mia, was adorable and it was such a treat for Alison to come check on us personally.Special Features:
- We enjoyed our brunch at Alison's.ElaineVIPDined on 6/19/2011We enjoyed our brunch at Alison's. Service was very very slow. Portions were very very small but enjoyable, though not real hot. It was lovely that Alison came around to all the tables. Nice touch. We'll go back but hope that they will work on the service as well do a better job on recipe prep.
- not goodElyseddsVIPDined on 6/7/2011The food was not very good. The salad was great and my 9 year old son loved his food. The owner was very friendly, but my waitress was slow. I won't be going back.Special Features:
- We have been here many times.OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 5/13/2011We have been here many times. The service has always been on the slow side and it continues to get slower. Food is good. Menu could be a bit more diverse with fewer cream sauces and more healthy choices.