Aliotta's Via Firenze
4485 Torrance Blvd
Torrance, CA 90503Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Aliotta's Via Firenze
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.aliottas.com/
- Phone: 3103719555
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm
Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm; Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Steakhouse, Contemporary European
- Executive Chef: Michael Aliotta
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Please contact Chef Michael Aliotta for all your catering needs by sending an e-mail to ChefMikeAliotta@gmail.com or call 310-371-9555.
- Entertainment: Satellite music, classic Italian, modern, requests.
A word from Aliotta's Via Firenze
Charming Italian fine dining enjoyed by business executives and romantics alike since 1999. Venetian plastered walls decorated with old world charm. Large selection of fine wines, prime steaks and seafood. If you don't see it on our menu we would be happy to make what You would like, simply ask. Salute Grazie! Chef Michael AliottaContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Aliotta's Via Firenze - Best Restaurants in Torrance ›
Aliotta's Via Firenze reviews from OpenTable diners
25 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (20)romantic (14)good for groups (13)fit for foodies (12)special occasion (11)notable wine list (11)great for lunch (4)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (1)hot spot (1)late-night find (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Hidden GemFeeshDined on 9/28/2014I would have never thought that a nice Italian restaurant was inside of that strip mall, it would be very easy to miss. The staff was very helpful and my husband (the picky vegetarian birthday boy) gave it a thumbs up. We were also very impressed with the wine list.Special Features:
- The Best Italian EverPotluckVIPDined on 9/28/2014This place is a keeper. The food was great and there was plenty of it. The restaurant is tucked back in the corner of a small mall (interesting). From the outside it is very unassuming. We are planning a return trip to try another great dish. The restaurant has about 20 tables and very comfortable. Don't be in a hurry the pace of the plates was great, just on the edge of wanting more but the next dish arrived and I relaxed. Great dining experience.Special Features:
- Dining JanLike2dineoutDined on 9/20/2014Via Firenze is an excellent place to dine in an Italian atmosphere with excellent food. On this occasion, we ordered entries that were not on the menu and they were served just as we requested. We will definitely go back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/12/2014Nice ambience but food just ok and overpriced. Restaurant was pretty empty for a Friday nightSpecial Features:
- Classic Southern Italian FoodduckwoodVIPDined on 9/7/2014In our group we had the chopino, mare risotto, steak it was delicious. Great South Bay Italian restaurant.Special Features:
- Experience.StanVIPDined on 9/6/2014Very good , but could have had more seafood in the risotto Mare.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italiafoodie89Dined on 8/9/2014Everything was delicious. The service was fantastic. It felt as though you were in a cafe in Italy.Special Features:
- July 23rd dineStanVIPDined on 7/23/2014Excellent dining experience. Will most definitely come again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprised!steakmeDined on 7/19/2014Reserved a table for 5 at 6:45 but we arrived in town early. Decided to just show up (at 5:30) hoping to get seated for dinner. When we all arrived, much to my surprise, there was absolutely no problem with our early arrival. We were seated immediately. I haven't been to this restaurant in approximately 13 years, very pleased to find nothing had changed, good food, wonderful service!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/19/2014Great atmosphere and service with many specials and varied menu.Special Features:
- Loved itGringoVIPDined on 7/18/2014We brought 9 folks while working in Carson. The owner and servers were friendly, accommodating all of us, special requests, great service and great food with very nice portions. Notable wine list. Prices were good. I highly recommend and would return if back in the area. Some of us will be back and are returning for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- If your not a regular, good luck!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/5/2014We were welcomed and seated quickly and the owner was a very nice personable guy wanting to make us feel comfortable. The food was fair and very over salted. The waiter took our order and gave advise on food but after that he main concern was for the "regulars" who they know by name and who have table side service. We were sitting next to a table of "regulars" and they got great service while we were ignored. I guess if you want to pay $60 for multiple bottles of wine and have the table side service then go, but I would not recommend unless you eat there all the time. They talk a good game but the food is not really anything that special and the service poor at best, and they were no that busy.
- Chef Mike is GreatSYLBDined on 6/25/2014This place is the best in the South Bay for "Real Italian" food. From the time you walk in the door until the time you leave the staff makes you feel special. Chef Mike does a great job with everything from your favorite Pasta to Lobster Ravioli to the Filet stuffed with Crab and topped with Shrimp and a lobster sauce. This is where we go when we need a "great food fix". Also, there are good wines at reasonable rates but if you really want to celebrate, dive into the wine list because there are some amazing wines available at a price.........Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 106 reviews are from the Aliotta's Via Firenze reviews archive.
- Great foodNdf79VIPDined on 6/16/2014If your looking for gluten free Italian this is the place. We are from NY and are always a little hesitant to compare but the food was excellent. Others in our party are from the regular menu and gave rave reviews as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Little bit of FlorenceMsLBLeeVIPDined on 5/31/2014We enjoy coming back to Aliotta's via Firenze. Reasonably priced and consistently good.Special Features:
- Aliottas's Via FirenzemuppetsgtDined on 5/28/2014Owner/server was very nice. Food was very good with good size portions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindMikeNVIPDined on 5/25/2014This was our first visit, and was a pleasant surprise. We started with the Ahi carpaccio. They forgot the shaved Parmesan but quickly remedied that. It was delicious. My date and I both had chicken entrees. Mine with wine, capers and mushrooms and hers with prosciutto and Parmesan cheese. Both came with grilled vegetables which were excellent. The service was very good and quite friendly. We definitely plan on going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/24/2014We came here on a whim when I saw this place had high reviews on Opentable, but left disappointed. We had ordered the minestrone soup and found ourselves highly disappointed. All it was was vegetable soup with bad broth, nothing like traditional minestrone soup, we ended up sending it back. The lasagna was good, but not sure it was worth the price.
- StanVIPDined on 5/24/2014Excellent dining experience. Will most certainly return.Special Features:
- quality food and attentive servicethoughtfuldinerDined on 5/10/2014We all ordered pasta dishes, which this establishment does very well with. Having been here before, we were not disappointed by the service or the food. The seafood is especially fresh and prepared well. The portions were generous, and while we didn't have dessert, an entire tray of samples is brought to your table. A group next to us had their dessert made tableside. All in all, it was a pleasant experience, and I would be happy to come back for more. There is always parking in the lot and prices are reasonable for the quality.Special Features:
- Don't miss outLuvgoodfoodDined on 5/7/2014We found this restaurant after we moved to Torrance, but didn't try it for a long time. We are sorry we waited so long!! This is now one of our favorite restaurants and we love sharing it with others. The food and staff are amazing!! We have never been disappointed with either in three years.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Little piece of ItalyMsLBLeeVIPDined on 5/2/2014We love Aliotta's and have dined there several times. Food is always wonderful, the staff friendly, attentive and professional. The lobster ravioli the other evening was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EliotVIPDined on 4/26/2014We were visiting from east coast and came here based on reviews. Aliottas via Firenze has great food, great service, nice ambiance, and a wine list that goes well beyond the basics. We enjoyed it so much, we came back the following night as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love, love, love!Carter517Dined on 4/18/2014I have been wanted to try Aliotta's for a very long time and then unfortunately we moved away! After 3 years, we are back living in Redondo Beach and I was looking for a place to take my parents, to thank them for all of their help with our move. The experience was beyond my expectations! Michael, the owner, was a fantastic host and we had the pleasure of speaking with him throughout most of our meal, being we were in for dinner so early in the evening. The ambiance is wonderful and the food is very, very good. I would highly recommend this restaurant if you like authentic Italian cooking. La ringrazio molto!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food. My favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 4/11/2014Excellent food. My favorite restaurant in Southern California for pasta. I ordered the Capellini Pomodoro and had them add a few shrimp to the dish. Both the shrimp and pasta were excellent, a very fresh, light and flavorful dish. Over the years I have dined here many times and they always seem willing to accommodate special requests. My guest ordered the Sand Dabs which were also excellent. A wonderful neighborhood restaurant for either lunch or dinner.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food- Poor ServiceKennDined on 4/5/2014Very nice hidden gem in a strip mall. Higher end dining. The food was fabulous loved almost everything. Except the Nutella cheesecake-skip it. The service was probably akin to a bad local diner. For the prices your paying you want to not have to wait for menus, drinks, and set ups. Once our order was taken the food came quickly, and the staff was not rude, just not attentive. I am a pretty easy going dinner, but waiting for a menu for 15 minutes or more is inexcusable. I would give it go a gain if I travel that way, and I would recommend that you go for the food. Hopefully the service was a fluke :)Special Features:
- Always consistentkenshelVIPDined on 4/4/2014This is a place we like to go as the food is consistently good and the staff accommodatingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulNickDined on 3/21/2014Aliotta's Via Firenze reminded me of N.Y. Italian. These folks take food seriously and did a wonderful job. The fettucine Alfredo was nicely prepared. The Ahi tuna was just amazing. Great mix of spices and nice fresh Ahi. The wine pairing really made it a special night. I live close and I'm already looking forward to my next visit. Oh, they did miss the mark on dessert with a chocolate filled Ravioli shell...it was just o.k.. However, my cheesecake was right one the money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Amazing Aliotta's!rvw4uDined on 3/20/2014Always a great experience. Took a good friend there for his birthday and he was very impressed. Terrific service, the food was amazing and the atmosphere was comfortable and inviting. The owner takes special interest and seems to visit every table to assure the customers are satisfied. I would highly recommend Aliotta's Via Firenze. You will not be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great little findghawk16VIPDined on 3/15/2014Found this through open table. Good was amazing and the owner does a goo job of being around and talking with guests. Would defiantly recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Fine Dinner at Aliotta'sThreeWavesDined on 3/15/2014I've been to Aliotta's at least five times in the past year and a half and never have been disappointed. The service is attentive but not instrusive, and all of the staff are warm and friendly. The owner greeted us at the door and came by the table several times to chat briefly. It seems to be a place where locals, family, and close friends of the owner stop to eat, because there were lots of smiles of recognition, hugs, and swapping of stories among the staff and some guests. The food is ample but not excessive, and all of the dishes I've tried have been very good. They're not over-the-top, magazine-cover fancy, but that also means they're not "fussy" dishes that look over-assembled. Just excellent food in an inviting atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemMarlonDined on 3/6/2014Visited with the wife and sis awhile back as we enjoy trying new Italian restaurants that are not part of a chain. It is off the beaten path and has a great following solely off of word of mouth. The ambiance is great for drinks with co-workers, as well as a romantic date with the spouse. We had the filet mignon and the Spruzzo! Both were delish and we are planning to bring the in-laws on their next visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic Italian family from ItalyLisajaneVIPDined on 2/24/2014Very good home style food-have been here several times and always very pleased with the selection and service Owner goes around to the tables feel like home Food is very very good-great tasteSpecial Features:
- Nice Place, poor foodAlexDined on 2/15/2014The look of the restaurant inside is nice, cozy and intimate, but the good comments end there. The caprese rustica was very bland and the tomatoes were not very ripe. I've had MUCH better in chain type restaurants. The main course was very bland as well, I had to put so much salt to give it some taste. The worst part was that the side of steamed vegetables was COLD! yes, not even warm on some of the broccoli. The last complaint was that it was TOO EXPENSIVE for the quality. Dinner for 2 without ANY drinks (just water) was almost $90!! Will most likely never go back. Sadly disappointed, I love hole in the wall neighborhood restaurants, but this is one was not good.
- Food makes it worth the tripAaronDined on 2/14/2014This place has very good food. A decent "date night" option.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved this place!RockabillyvampDined on 2/14/2014The ambiance was great! Loved our waiter and everything was on que. The food was delicious and definitely recommend it for a romantic dinner or just a nice night with your other half.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- worst dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 2/11/2014Bad service and food was overpriced for what I got. The restaurant was empty, only few people were dining there. Not ""OPENTABLE quality" restaurant.
- Very good service. PortabellomtwestDined on 2/9/2014Very good service. Portabello mushroom with shrimp appetizer is not on the menu but it is why I go to Aliotta's. The fried calamari was cooked perfectly and both came out really fast! Yummy bread. The lasagne was OK but all the other entrees we ordered were delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is deliciousJfsjammerDined on 2/8/2014Upon arriving, our reservations made didn't seem to matter. We still waited for a table to be open. For the remarks portion through open table, everytime we put that we were celebrating our anniversary the tables we got were set up to make the occasion more sweeter. We were just another couple here. Food wise is excellent! We had a filling portion of veal, pasta, scallops, and shrimp. Desert is also a must and delicious. The servers were also friendly except there is an unusual wait time for them to come to you. We sat for over 10 mins waiting to order and probably 15 mins to get the check. Hence the 4 stars. I would go back again just to try other dishes.Special Features:
- Scumptious with Impeccable ServiceJudyVIPDined on 2/8/2014This was an incredible Italian restaurant with scrumptious food and impeccable service. We were greeted by the owner, Michael, as we walked in who later came to check on us to find out how we were enjoying our meal. I had the linguine w/scallops and saffron sauce; my boyfriend had a special of tri-colore pasta w/shrimp and calamari. When we were at the end of our meal, Michael came back by and we asked to have a taxi called so we could return to our hotel since we were on vacation. Michael, insisted we allow him to take us back. We were in awe by such a incredible and altruist act of kindness. Thank you Michael, your kindness will never be forgotten. The food was fabulous and we will definitely return.Special Features: