#8 Fisherman's Wharf
San Francisco, CA 94133Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.aliotos.com/
- Phone: (415) 673-0183
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian
- Executive Chef: John Nunez
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Alioto's has private rooms that can accommodate 16-50 people. The rooms all have a view of the fishing fleet and the Bay. The cuisine is distinctive Sicilian dishes and traditional seafood specialties.
- Private Party Contact: Francesca Anderlini 4153828227x
A word from Alioto's
Alioto's Italian Seafood Restaurant is located in the heart of San Francisco's famed Fisherman's Wharf overlooking the historic fishing fleet and the Golden Gate Bridge. The Alioto family has been serving local seafood at the same location for the past 85 years. The recently remodeled restaurant features a warm ambiance with a 3-tiered dining room offering every guest stunning views of San Francisco Bay. Classic menu. Don't forget to try our world-famous cioppino and Dungeness crab, always fresh.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Alioto's - Best Restaurants in Fisherman's Wharf ›
Alioto's reviews from OpenTable diners
120 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (101)special occasion (43)romantic (38)fit for foodies (28)neighborhood gem (27)good for groups (24)notable wine list (18)great for lunch (15)late-night find (11)hot spot (8)great for brunch (8)kid-friendly (5)great for outdoor dining (3)Show More
- One of our favorites!MrsBVIPDined on 11/4/2014Enjoyed a lovely meal at Alioto's! Food was delicious, service was good and friendly. Gorgeous sunset views of The Golden Gate Bridge!Special Features:
- Great for adults, but not for kidsShellyNVIPDined on 11/3/2014There was no children's menu whatsoever. I did expect to have something suitable for my 5 yr old to eat that wasn't the serving size of an adult dish and $24 for pasta. Even the lemonade was tasted terrible. I did like the tortellini and the soup was delicious. The bread was yummy and the wine was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceMysticfamDined on 11/1/2014Olivier was one of the best servers we've ever had. Very attentive and most importantly, extremely friendly. While the restaurant is older and in the tourist trap area, the food was excellent and the restaurant was very nice inside (casual formal dining). We had the fried calamari and shrimp appetizer which was excellent. Our waiter told us which fish selections were in season versus farm raised and had great recommendations. We had the halibut and the salmon and they were incredible. We're originally from the Boston area, so we appreciate seafood! This place did not disappoint. Great service in San Fran is hard to come by and this place had excellent service all around!Special Features:
- Food is AMAZINGhappileeDined on 10/30/2014If you're looking for a great place to eat with a fantastic view, Alioto's is the place to go! Even though it's in the heart of Fisherman's Wharf, this restaurant is not overrun by tourists, and they don't have a cheesy gimmick to try to attract tourists. Their service is 5-star, and their food THE best food in the area. I'm STILL thinking about the seafood bisque I had as an appetizer. We also had the fried calamari, and that was fresh and tasty. My husband devoured his risotto, and I really enjoyed the seafood spaghetti. The portions are very reasonable, too! Overall, it was a great experience, and I can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Great Food, View, & PricesSpaceFarerDined on 10/26/2014Received a recommendation from a colleague & frequent traveler to San Fran. He said Alioto's has been a mainstay on the wharf for years. The experience was fantastic - actually enjoyed so much the first night that I brought other colleagues in the following night (and they thoroughly enjoyed it as well). The food was wonderful, the view was fantastic and the prices were extremely reasonable.Special Features:
- BrianVIPDined on 10/24/2014I was here a few years ago and brought my new husband and it was just as good now as it was then...Love it..Special Features:
- San Fran FavoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/23/2014A good restaurant in the very busy Fisherman's Wharf - great evening views and good meal.Special Features:
- Very pleasant eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/21/2014A group of 6 enjoyed the fine meal, the attentive (without being smothering) yet subtle service, very reasonable prices, and we were made to feel very welcome for the eveningSpecial Features:
- Nice Spot at Fisherman's WharfJohnVIPDined on 10/18/2014Alioto's Restaurant retains pleasant dining old San Francisco experiences when service was important, service was with a smile, people enjoyed the time when they lingered over fine foods and where dreams were renewed while viewing the Golden Gate Bridge to the west and beyond the harbor. One of the best choices for fine seafood at Fisherman's Wharf. Best to make reservations prior to dining.Special Features:
- Not my favoriteDGTravelsDined on 10/16/2014Many choices on their menu. But I was disappointed in the flavors...dinner was just not that good. We had the clam chowder...did not like the green pepper in it...I've never had green pepper in clam chowder before. Also ordered the muscles...they had a very fishy aftertaste to them and the sauce had no flavor. My favorite muscles are from John's Grill...loads of flavor.
- Goodness Can Last for YearslarrygcDined on 10/16/2014This restaurant has been around for many years and it is easy to see why. The food was excellent, the wait staff extraordinarily friendly and helpful and all in a nice setting along the wharf.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go here for the viewGreatVIPDined on 10/16/2014The food is solid and the view is amazing! We had not great service and it was not addressed quick enough nor was it remedied in another way. The table next to ours was sat 20 minutes after we had been seated. We ordered two meals and a half size entree for our toddler son. My sons food came out quickly. As we were waiting and waiting after our salad plates had been taken away we notice familiar looking food next to us. The server had given our food to the table next to us...it was at least 10 minutes before this was addressed at all. Then another 20 minutes for our entrees to arrive; with only a sorry. We should have been given an intermezzo or a glass of wine on the house for our trouble and our wait (especially with a toddler guest).Special Features:
- AmazingMarihDined on 10/15/2014We came here from Japan, and really enjoyed the meals! Especially, cramchowder and wines are fabulous. We enjoyed the beautiful dark scenery too. The waiters are all polite and kind.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classic SF Seafood RestaurantJessicaEvaDined on 10/11/2014Great seafood, views, and service. A classic SF restaurant!!! The crab cioppino is a must try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesome foodPoogansVIPDined on 10/4/2014food was great, service excellent, with a timely reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/30/2014Visited this restaurant while on a business trip attending a conference. View is very nice and fish was very fresh and tasty, although after we were served, the waiter never came by to see how the dinner was and if we needed anything. Solid restaurant, good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodluvcfoodDined on 9/28/2014Food, Service and Scenic Views all played a part in making this dining experience successful. Took a client to dinner and it was a great.Special Features:
- Alioto'sc8ygeeDined on 9/28/2014Alioto's seems a little old and tired it wasn't a good night for us - mostly because of the service. We've enjoyed Alioto's in the past but felt this time didn't work for us!Special Features:
- Strict seating policySFvisitorDined on 9/27/2014Alioto has a very strict seating policy that all individuals in a party must show up to get seats. They will cancel your reservation after 15 minutes, even if just one individual from the group is missing. Unfortunately, the policy is not communicated via OpenTable and has caused frustration from the guests. To make the matter worse, their greeter lacks the communication skills to defuse anger from the guests about that policy.
- Disappointingaliciav22Dined on 9/27/2014The food was frozen, reheated, tasteless slop. I could have made much better at home. The server was rude and aloof. The only good thing was the beautiful view of the bay. The next time I will save my $70, buy some clamchowder in a bread bowl, and eat outside while looking at the bay. Very disappointing and a waste of money.Special Features:
- Enjoyed the food and view!keera0825Dined on 9/27/2014We had great seats overlooking the pier. Foot was delicious, but service happened to be a little on the mediocre side this night. Looks like the kitchen got backed up, so our waiter disappeared for a short while. However, the company and ambience made it tolerable since we weren't in a rush. The waiter's apologetic demeanor and special sorbet scoop made it ok! :)Special Features:
- Consistent Quality and Serviceycp1127Dined on 9/27/2014As a native of the City, I enjoy taking visitors to Alioto's. I have always had a quality meal and stellar service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrible service/food - Nice ViewOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/24/2014I was in town for business and wanted to find a place with a great view and tasty food. I found the view, but the food and the service were horrible. Our server was pleasant enough in the beginning (don't mistake pleasant enough for "nice"). When my co-worker and I didn't order any wine or drinks his tone went from bad to worse. The soup was way too salty and my caprese was a disaster! The tomato was a whole tomato, cut in half and plated. Not sliced....halved. If that wasn't bad enough the tomato was mealy and not good. My pasta was edible, but not delicious. It also had too much salt. We certainly were not going to stay for dessert. When the bill came it was thrown on the table. Yes....thrown, not placed.Special Features:
- Excellent customer serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/21/2014Alan, our waiter provided us with an amazing birthday celebration. His recommendation, showed how well he knew the restaurant's food and wine selections. We loved his personality and the way he captured images of this special night on my cell phone ( including photo bombs :) ) .Special Features:
- Awesome findMikeytodVIPDined on 9/19/2014Loved everything, food was outstanding and the salmon was amazingSpecial Features:
- Great!!ArlovskiVIPDined on 9/18/2014everything was great I will be back next time I am in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business tripBulldog45Dined on 9/16/2014Perfect to entertain clients as the food was excellent. From the moment you meet Ritchie Alioto at the reception desk, you know the food will be great. Combined with the scenic view, I'd return in a heartbeat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- San Francisco GemSuzanneVIPDined on 9/15/2014A wonderful restaurant to enjoy the San Fran bay's sea food and scenic environment. Great food, service and atmosphere.Special Features:
- fabulous View!Make Reservations!islandsDined on 9/14/2014I think we might of had one of the best seats in the house due to booking 24 hours in advance. We ate mid afternoon on a Sunday and it was packed. The food arrived quickly and was fine. But, we only saw our served when he took our order and brought the bill. There were no check ins or drink refills. The hot food was good. Enter than the salads , especially the Crab Louie. For $32 I expected more than shredded iceberg lettuce, a half egg a slice of tomato and some shredded carrot - a half hearted attempt at best. The small pieces of crab was also less than expected and offered by neighboring resturants.Special Features:
- Good lunch with viewLlbfDined on 9/13/2014We booked a table via Open Table for first visit to this restaurant. Requested table with water view if possible and we were seated promptly at our reserved time at a table with a wonderful view of the water, bridge, seals, etc. Service was efficient and friendly. Food was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than average tourist stopLifeOntheRoadDined on 9/8/2014Wanted to eat at Fishermans Wharf area and Alioto's was highly recommended. We knew it wouldn't be the best food in San Fran, but wanted the wharf experience. Food was above average but of 3 seafood dishes we ordered, all had similar sauce/vegetables/flavor. Service was very good and friendly.Special Features:
- Found it to be okOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/6/2014Alioto's was just ok. I would classify it as a tourist trap restaurant. Food ok. Overpriced. Service this particular evening was not mediocre. Not sure if I would return.Special Features:
- 10 year return not disappointedGrantie70Dined on 9/1/2014I recommended Aliotos to my friend I am holidaying with as I ate here ten years ago and it lived up to the last trip. Excelellent quality seafood, fabulous local wines and we received excellent service from our waiter Tim. We have booked to go back next week on our last night in CA before heading back to the UKSpecial Features:
- Pricey but nicecpetrillo1Dined on 9/1/2014If you're looking for a great view, very good food and outstanding service this is your place. Saying that, be prepared to PAY. Nothing in the place is below $25 and that's the appetizers. Dinner for 4 run me over $425 without tip. Was is worth it, ok yes it was because it was a special occasion but if we were just going for a dinner, no waySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice View at Sunset...Food mehTouristinMyOwnTownDined on 8/31/2014From the "tiny 'tinis" to the greasy mess they called calamari and shrimp fritti, the beginning of the meal was ominous. However, the Swordfish Involtini was yummy and its hard to go wrong with a Crab Louis and Clam Chowder. Even though the waiter forgot to put our order in, the extra time let us enjoy a beautiful sunset with a lovely view of the fishing boats.Special Features:
- Scallops and Proseccofoodiegirl76VIPDined on 8/30/2014We shared the Crab Louie salad, small portion was perfect for both of us, added avocado very good choice!! He had the Cioppino, I had the Scallops and a glass of Prosecco, the meals were wonderful, full of flavor, the garlic mash potatoes were lovely as well. We love Aliotos's, came her for a late night dinner date, we were one of the last tables to leave for the night and the staff was very friendly and took care of us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved itJackieDined on 8/29/2014Food was scrumptious, view superb and wait staff outstanding. It was a return visit and we 'd highly recommend this placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Alioto'sPookyDined on 8/28/2014This place was awesome. Food was great, service was great. I recommend everyone try this place. I'm not a fan of seafood but the prawns and lobster tail was so tasty and juicy. Me and my fiancé will return whenever we get a chance to go back to the bay.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- San Francisco tripRichVIPDined on 8/24/2014Went to Alioto's and we were not disappointed. Food was great especially the sauted seafood. Service by Olivier was awesome. Would go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meeting placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Meet two groups of people from several different placecofvthe united states. Easy to find, lots of activity, on the wharf, and enough staff to handle and situation, . Goid food and beverage menues- qick food delvery--- nice viewSpecial Features: