#8 Fisherman's Wharf
San Francisco, CA 94133Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.aliotos.com/
- Phone: 4156730183x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian
- Executive Chef: John Nunez
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Alioto's has private rooms that can accommodate 16-50 people. The rooms all have a view of the fishing fleet and the Bay. The cuisine is distinctive Sicilian dishes and traditional seafood specialties.
- Private Party Contact: Francesca Anderlini 4153828227x
A word from Alioto's
Alioto's Italian Seafood Restaurant is located in the heart of San Francisco's famed Fisherman's Wharf overlooking the historic fishing fleet and the Golden Gate Bridge. The Alioto family has been serving local seafood at the same location for the past 85 years. The recently remodeled restaurant features a warm ambiance with a 3-tiered dining room offering every guest stunning views of San Francisco Bay. Classic menu. Don't forget to try our world-famous cioppino and Dungeness crab, always fresh.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Alioto's - Best Restaurants in Fisherman's Wharf ›
Alioto's reviews from OpenTable diners
117 reviews since June 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (99)special occasion (47)romantic (36)neighborhood gem (27)fit for foodies (22)good for groups (21)great for lunch (15)notable wine list (10)late-night find (10)hot spot (8)kid-friendly (7)great for brunch (5)great for outdoor dining (4)Show More
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/15/2014We came here from Japan, and really enjoyed the meals! Especially, cramchowder and wines are fabulous. We enjoyed the beautiful dark scenery too. The waiters are all polite and kind.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classic SF Seafood RestaurantJessicaEvaDined on 10/11/2014Great seafood, views, and service. A classic SF restaurant!!! The crab cioppino is a must try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesome foodPoogansVIPDined on 10/4/2014food was great, service excellent, with a timely reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/30/2014Visited this restaurant while on a business trip attending a conference. View is very nice and fish was very fresh and tasty, although after we were served, the waiter never came by to see how the dinner was and if we needed anything. Solid restaurant, good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodluvcfoodDined on 9/28/2014Food, Service and Scenic Views all played a part in making this dining experience successful. Took a client to dinner and it was a great.Special Features:
- Alioto'sc8ygeeDined on 9/28/2014Alioto's seems a little old and tired it wasn't a good night for us - mostly because of the service. We've enjoyed Alioto's in the past but felt this time didn't work for us!Special Features:
- Strict seating policySFvisitorDined on 9/27/2014Alioto has a very strict seating policy that all individuals in a party must show up to get seats. They will cancel your reservation after 15 minutes, even if just one individual from the group is missing. Unfortunately, the policy is not communicated via OpenTable and has caused frustration from the guests. To make the matter worse, their greeter lacks the communication skills to defuse anger from the guests about that policy.
- Disappointingaliciav22Dined on 9/27/2014The food was frozen, reheated, tasteless slop. I could have made much better at home. The server was rude and aloof. The only good thing was the beautiful view of the bay. The next time I will save my $70, buy some clamchowder in a bread bowl, and eat outside while looking at the bay. Very disappointing and a waste of money.Special Features:
- Enjoyed the food and view!keera0825Dined on 9/27/2014We had great seats overlooking the pier. Foot was delicious, but service happened to be a little on the mediocre side this night. Looks like the kitchen got backed up, so our waiter disappeared for a short while. However, the company and ambience made it tolerable since we weren't in a rush. The waiter's apologetic demeanor and special sorbet scoop made it ok! :)Special Features:
- Consistent Quality and Serviceycp1127Dined on 9/27/2014As a native of the City, I enjoy taking visitors to Alioto's. I have always had a quality meal and stellar service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrible service/food - Nice ViewOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/24/2014I was in town for business and wanted to find a place with a great view and tasty food. I found the view, but the food and the service were horrible. Our server was pleasant enough in the beginning (don't mistake pleasant enough for "nice"). When my co-worker and I didn't order any wine or drinks his tone went from bad to worse. The soup was way too salty and my caprese was a disaster! The tomato was a whole tomato, cut in half and plated. Not sliced....halved. If that wasn't bad enough the tomato was mealy and not good. My pasta was edible, but not delicious. It also had too much salt. We certainly were not going to stay for dessert. When the bill came it was thrown on the table. Yes....thrown, not placed.Special Features:
- Excellent customer serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/21/2014Alan, our waiter provided us with an amazing birthday celebration. His recommendation, showed how well he knew the restaurant's food and wine selections. We loved his personality and the way he captured images of this special night on my cell phone ( including photo bombs :) ) .Special Features:
- Awesome findMikeytodVIPDined on 9/19/2014Loved everything, food was outstanding and the salmon was amazingSpecial Features:
- Great!!ArlovskiVIPDined on 9/18/2014everything was great I will be back next time I am in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business tripBulldog45Dined on 9/16/2014Perfect to entertain clients as the food was excellent. From the moment you meet Ritchie Alioto at the reception desk, you know the food will be great. Combined with the scenic view, I'd return in a heartbeat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- San Francisco GemSuzanneVIPDined on 9/15/2014A wonderful restaurant to enjoy the San Fran bay's sea food and scenic environment. Great food, service and atmosphere.Special Features:
- fabulous View!Make Reservations!islandsDined on 9/14/2014I think we might of had one of the best seats in the house due to booking 24 hours in advance. We ate mid afternoon on a Sunday and it was packed. The food arrived quickly and was fine. But, we only saw our served when he took our order and brought the bill. There were no check ins or drink refills. The hot food was good. Enter than the salads , especially the Crab Louie. For $32 I expected more than shredded iceberg lettuce, a half egg a slice of tomato and some shredded carrot - a half hearted attempt at best. The small pieces of crab was also less than expected and offered by neighboring resturants.Special Features:
- Good lunch with viewLlbfDined on 9/13/2014We booked a table via Open Table for first visit to this restaurant. Requested table with water view if possible and we were seated promptly at our reserved time at a table with a wonderful view of the water, bridge, seals, etc. Service was efficient and friendly. Food was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than average tourist stopLifeOntheRoadDined on 9/8/2014Wanted to eat at Fishermans Wharf area and Alioto's was highly recommended. We knew it wouldn't be the best food in San Fran, but wanted the wharf experience. Food was above average but of 3 seafood dishes we ordered, all had similar sauce/vegetables/flavor. Service was very good and friendly.Special Features:
- Found it to be okOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/6/2014Alioto's was just ok. I would classify it as a tourist trap restaurant. Food ok. Overpriced. Service this particular evening was not mediocre. Not sure if I would return.Special Features:
- 10 year return not disappointedGrantie70Dined on 9/1/2014I recommended Aliotos to my friend I am holidaying with as I ate here ten years ago and it lived up to the last trip. Excelellent quality seafood, fabulous local wines and we received excellent service from our waiter Tim. We have booked to go back next week on our last night in CA before heading back to the UKSpecial Features:
- Pricey but nicecpetrillo1Dined on 9/1/2014If you're looking for a great view, very good food and outstanding service this is your place. Saying that, be prepared to PAY. Nothing in the place is below $25 and that's the appetizers. Dinner for 4 run me over $425 without tip. Was is worth it, ok yes it was because it was a special occasion but if we were just going for a dinner, no waySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice View at Sunset...Food mehTouristinMyOwnTownDined on 8/31/2014From the "tiny 'tinis" to the greasy mess they called calamari and shrimp fritti, the beginning of the meal was ominous. However, the Swordfish Involtini was yummy and its hard to go wrong with a Crab Louis and Clam Chowder. Even though the waiter forgot to put our order in, the extra time let us enjoy a beautiful sunset with a lovely view of the fishing boats.Special Features:
- Scallops and Proseccofoodiegirl76VIPDined on 8/30/2014We shared the Crab Louie salad, small portion was perfect for both of us, added avocado very good choice!! He had the Cioppino, I had the Scallops and a glass of Prosecco, the meals were wonderful, full of flavor, the garlic mash potatoes were lovely as well. We love Aliotos's, came her for a late night dinner date, we were one of the last tables to leave for the night and the staff was very friendly and took care of us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved itJackieDined on 8/29/2014Food was scrumptious, view superb and wait staff outstanding. It was a return visit and we 'd highly recommend this placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Alioto'sPookyDined on 8/28/2014This place was awesome. Food was great, service was great. I recommend everyone try this place. I'm not a fan of seafood but the prawns and lobster tail was so tasty and juicy. Me and my fiancé will return whenever we get a chance to go back to the bay.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- San Francisco tripRichVIPDined on 8/24/2014Went to Alioto's and we were not disappointed. Food was great especially the sauted seafood. Service by Olivier was awesome. Would go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meeting placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Meet two groups of people from several different placecofvthe united states. Easy to find, lots of activity, on the wharf, and enough staff to handle and situation, . Goid food and beverage menues- qick food delvery--- nice viewSpecial Features:
- Good for showing around guests!IlovethebayDined on 8/22/2014If you're a SF local this is a good spot for bringing out of towners. View is nice, food is good. Will bring more of my guests back here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday Lunchsftrip2014Dined on 8/22/2014I thought the food was pretty good, the waiter was helpful in choosing the perfect entrée. When I had made the reservation I specifically said we were celebrating 2 birthdays, I had also mentioned it to the waiter. The restaurant/wait staff never even mentioned a "happy birthday". If you don't celebrate birthdays you should let your customers know that ahead of time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tourist trap!luv2dineDined on 8/17/2014We had a reservation for 8p but did not get our table until 8:20pm. The staff were friendly enough but the food is pretty mediocre and severely overpriced. Typical tourist trap.Special Features:
- Great Surprise!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/16/2014We were in town for one night and wanted to eat at Fisherman's Wharf. We booked based on availability and previous reviews...and I am glad we did! The location is right in the middle of the action at FW. The service was very good from start to finish. It had a bit of old school charm to it...like an italian restaurant I would have gone to as a kid with my grandfather. The view from our table, which was not even at the window, was fantastic due to the layout of the dining room and slightly raised booth. The seafood was fresh and presented nicely. We enjoyed all of our dishes from our crab/ship coctails through to a great tiramisu. The Nonna Rose’s Famous Cioppino was the highlight for me...a bit messy but worth it!Special Features:
- Oasis on the Fisherman's WharfpdxfoodieDined on 8/13/2014The wharf has a real tourist trap vibe and Alito's was a welcome step away from that. Classic fish dishes well done, very good service willing to work with kids preferences, and great views of the bay.Special Features:
- dinner with a viewOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/11/2014We had a delicious dinner looking out over the harbor in San Francisco. My combination seafood salad was fresh and tasty; my friend's poached sole was also very good. We shared a bottle of reasonably priced sauvignon blanc and a rum-soaked sponge cake for dessert. All in all, a very pleasant experience. Our server was prompt and pleasant. A fun experience for first-time San Francisco visitors.Special Features:
- Excellent, as always!KarenPDined on 8/8/2014We come to San Francisco about once a year on business and always make sure to stop at Alioto's for dinner. The food is excellent every single time and the staff are friendly and welcoming. All around a great experience!Special Features:
- Great RestaurantluvdisplaceDined on 8/1/2014Arrived for reservation for two on August 1, and we were seated immediately. The host was friendly. The serving staff treated my guest and me with first class treatment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Average food and rude waiterMartin64Dined on 7/28/2014Food is ok but not great. The waiter rushed us, tried to serve main course when we were still eating our starters, forgot to bring the wine.mdirected my vegetarian daughter to the chicken and veal dishes on the menu then publicly densnded a $45.00 tip!Special Features:
- Service very slowlocalDined on 7/28/2014This is a restaurant with very casual atmosphere. Some guests came with t-shirt and shorts. Always required to look for a waiter. We were even kept waiting for 5 minutes (in average) to be actually served after we got attention from the waiter. The number of the waiters is not enough, or the waiters spend long time in the kitchen, not in the hall. Cioppino was excellent, risotto and raw oyster was good, but pasta was no good.
- Lovely MealScruffygirlDined on 7/27/2014We were only in San Francisco for two days and wanted to make the most of our time so having read previous reviews of Alioto's we booked a table for our first evening meal. The restaurant lived up to its good reviews, the food was lovely, the service attentive but not pestering, the view was superb, large window seat with view of the Golden Gate Bridge. Recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 7/21/2014We have been to Alioto's many times. This time it was improved from some more recent visits. The food seemed to be more plentiful (more scallops on the plate) than I remember. It was well prepared and flavorful. The service was very good and better than on some other times. It seems to be improving. We have been dining at Alioto's for over 50 years.Special Features: