#8 Fisherman's Wharf
San Francisco, CA 94133Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.aliotos.com/
- Phone: 4156730183x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian
- Executive Chef: John Nunez
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Alioto's has private rooms that can accommodate 16-50 people. The rooms all have a view of the fishing fleet and the Bay. The cuisine is distinctive Sicilian dishes and traditional seafood specialties.
- Private Party Contact: Francesca Anderlini 4153828227x
A word from Alioto's
Alioto's Italian Seafood Restaurant is located in the heart of San Francisco's famed Fisherman's Wharf overlooking the historic fishing fleet and the Golden Gate Bridge. The Alioto family has been serving local seafood at the same location for the past 85 years. The recently remodeled restaurant features a warm ambiance with a 3-tiered dining room offering every guest stunning views of San Francisco Bay. Classic menu. Don't forget to try our world-famous cioppino and Dungeness crab, always fresh.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Alioto's - Best Restaurants in Fisherman's Wharf ›
Alioto's reviews from OpenTable diners
107 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (88)special occasion (48)romantic (36)fit for foodies (22)good for groups (18)neighborhood gem (18)great for lunch (17)notable wine list (11)late-night find (8)kid-friendly (7)great for outdoor dining (6)hot spot (6)great for brunch (5)Show More
- Loved itOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014Food was scrumptious, view superb and wait staff outstanding. It was a return visit and we 'd highly recommend this placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Alioto'sPookyDined on 8/28/2014This place was awesome. Food was great, service was great. I recommend everyone try this place. I'm not a fan of seafood but the prawns and lobster tail was so tasty and juicy. Me and my fiancé will return whenever we get a chance to go back to the bay.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- San Francisco tripRichVIPDined on 8/24/2014Went to Alioto's and we were not disappointed. Food was great especially the sauted seafood. Service by Olivier was awesome. Would go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meeting placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Meet two groups of people from several different placecofvthe united states. Easy to find, lots of activity, on the wharf, and enough staff to handle and situation, . Goid food and beverage menues- qick food delvery--- nice viewSpecial Features:
- Good for showing around guests!IlovethebayDined on 8/22/2014If you're a SF local this is a good spot for bringing out of towners. View is nice, food is good. Will bring more of my guests back here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday Lunchsftrip2014Dined on 8/22/2014I thought the food was pretty good, the waiter was helpful in choosing the perfect entrée. When I had made the reservation I specifically said we were celebrating 2 birthdays, I had also mentioned it to the waiter. The restaurant/wait staff never even mentioned a "happy birthday". If you don't celebrate birthdays you should let your customers know that ahead of time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tourist trap!luv2dineDined on 8/17/2014We had a reservation for 8p but did not get our table until 8:20pm. The staff were friendly enough but the food is pretty mediocre and severely overpriced. Typical tourist trap.Special Features:
- Great Surprise!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/16/2014We were in town for one night and wanted to eat at Fisherman's Wharf. We booked based on availability and previous reviews...and I am glad we did! The location is right in the middle of the action at FW. The service was very good from start to finish. It had a bit of old school charm to it...like an italian restaurant I would have gone to as a kid with my grandfather. The view from our table, which was not even at the window, was fantastic due to the layout of the dining room and slightly raised booth. The seafood was fresh and presented nicely. We enjoyed all of our dishes from our crab/ship coctails through to a great tiramisu. The Nonna Rose’s Famous Cioppino was the highlight for me...a bit messy but worth it!Special Features:
- dinner with a viewOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/11/2014We had a delicious dinner looking out over the harbor in San Francisco. My combination seafood salad was fresh and tasty; my friend's poached sole was also very good. We shared a bottle of reasonably priced sauvignon blanc and a rum-soaked sponge cake for dessert. All in all, a very pleasant experience. Our server was prompt and pleasant. A fun experience for first-time San Francisco visitors.Special Features:
- Excellent, as always!KarenPDined on 8/8/2014We come to San Francisco about once a year on business and always make sure to stop at Alioto's for dinner. The food is excellent every single time and the staff are friendly and welcoming. All around a great experience!Special Features:
- Great RestaurantluvdisplaceDined on 8/1/2014Arrived for reservation for two on August 1, and we were seated immediately. The host was friendly. The serving staff treated my guest and me with first class treatment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Average food and rude waiterMartin64Dined on 7/28/2014Food is ok but not great. The waiter rushed us, tried to serve main course when we were still eating our starters, forgot to bring the wine.mdirected my vegetarian daughter to the chicken and veal dishes on the menu then publicly densnded a $45.00 tip!Special Features:
- Service very slowlocalDined on 7/28/2014This is a restaurant with very casual atmosphere. Some guests came with t-shirt and shorts. Always required to look for a waiter. We were even kept waiting for 5 minutes (in average) to be actually served after we got attention from the waiter. The number of the waiters is not enough, or the waiters spend long time in the kitchen, not in the hall. Cioppino was excellent, risotto and raw oyster was good, but pasta was no good.
- Lovely MealOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/27/2014We were only in San Francisco for two days and wanted to make the most of our time so having read previous reviews of Alioto's we booked a table for our first evening meal. The restaurant lived up to its good reviews, the food was lovely, the service attentive but not pestering, the view was superb, large window seat with view of the Golden Gate Bridge. Recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 7/21/2014We have been to Alioto's many times. This time it was improved from some more recent visits. The food seemed to be more plentiful (more scallops on the plate) than I remember. It was well prepared and flavorful. The service was very good and better than on some other times. It seems to be improving. We have been dining at Alioto's for over 50 years.Special Features:
- AthensDined on 7/19/2014I made reservations at Alioto's after reading about the history of this wonderful restaurant on line. It exceeded our expectations!! Great view! Our waiter was WONDERFUL! Helped with making choices and his recomendations were on spot! A must go to if you are at Fisherman's Wharf!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2 weeks in California best meal4canadiansDined on 7/19/2014Food was fantastic! 4 of us each has something different, steak, seafood and chicken dish and we all agreed it was fabulous! Server was fun and entertaining! View was stunning!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Iconic fishermens wharf venueMrsSqueaksDined on 7/11/2014After dinning here, I really feel like I've been to fishermans wharf. Beautiful view, delicious food and friendly service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than expectedHannahDined on 7/7/2014I don't typically like tourist restaurants and this one definitely is. The restaurant is very outdated and could use some sprucing up. I wasn't expecting much from the food but was pleasantly surprised. The salmon I had was great and the rice that accompanied it had a really great flavor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over priced, bland foodLuv2eatoutDined on 7/4/2014Born and raised in the Bay Area, but never really frequented Fisherman's Wharf for dinner. Now I know why. Totally over-priced. Food was bland. I ordered the sautéed prawns. I thought they were over-cooked and the rice pilaf tasted like it was out of a box. My husband had one of their house specials the cioppino. He thought it was so-so.
- What a gem!vacationsnobDined on 7/3/2014Our last minute OpenTable Reservation landed our family of 4 a table by the window with a view of the marina and the Golden Gate Bridge. Spectacular!!! Our waiter recommended his favorites - which we all agreed was SPOT ON. My 13 year old finished every last bite of his Petrale Sole - which is quite amazing since this is a rarity. Our waiter was so personable and attentive - even hunted us down when we left a coat behind. Great service. Great table. Great food. I am a bit of a food and service snob, and I am so very happy to recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Excellent food, great serviceMakuaDined on 6/28/2014We were able to be seated even though getting there early, the waiter was very professional and made educated suggestions which we followed. Luckily we were by a window at sunset with the sun setting over the Golden Gate Bridge. The seafood risotto was excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of Pier 39's oldest & bestLuvtodineDined on 6/27/2014Great restaurant with a large menu of excellent seafood and Italian seafood dishes. The baked/stuffed lobster was the best seafood dish I've ever had. Sour dough bread and homemade chowder was to die for. Views of the warf at sunset was breathtaking. Definitely gotta try Aliotos if your visit San FranciscoSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Historic Enjoyment SpotMemoriesDined on 6/27/2014As a young girl, my older sister would take me to San Francisco. We always had at least one meal at Alioto's. Therefore, as an older adult, it is nice to visit Alioto's for lunch or dinner and fondly remember the times of long ago past. Enjoyed the experience once again, great food!Special Features:
- Great spot at Fisherman's WharfSassyDined on 6/21/2014My families first night in San Francisco. Had made a reservation on line before getting here and couldn't have been more happy with Aliotos. The servers were dressed in vests and ties, service impeccable, food amazing. Highly recommend...though not so much for young children.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service/Disappointing FoodLVFoodiesDined on 6/21/2014Service was great. Sour Dough Bread, the best. Seafood trio appetizer, Ciopino, Lobster Bisque very poor.Special Features:
- Pier EatingOhanaDined on 6/19/2014Had dinner at Alioto's just to have the Clam Chowder and a Baked Crab. Both were outstanding. M spouse had the Salmon which was even better. Service was outstanding and view of surrounding San Francisco Bay can't be beat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely view great foodKavfoodieDined on 6/17/2014Our table ordered a variety of food and the Sole fish special was perfect. The view of the wharf beautiful and loved how we felt engaged in San Fransico thereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- over priced for what you receivelobsterloveDined on 6/16/2014I ordered the lobster Thermador and it was at least 70% mushrooms! For $50 you expect a little more lobster. The service was outstanding, the view was beautiful but the food was lacking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner for San FranciscoLunchandDinner4Dined on 6/15/2014My husband and I were only going to be in San Francisco for one evening. My mother recommended this place, which was originally recommended by my grandmother when they lived in San Francisco in the 1950s. We had a wonderful dinner, and the view was fantastic. I would love to go back.Special Features:
- Highly recommendedOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/10/2014I don't know of any restaurant that I have been to that has been in the same place run by the same family for 89 years!!! This is old fashioned first class polite service. Linens, beautiful view and outstanding food. You are greeted by the maître' D, immediately taken to a table and watched over continuously. If you are in a hurry, this is not the place for you--not because they are slow, it is because this is an experience to be enjoyed.Special Features:
- $$$Local1955VIPDined on 6/7/2014You are paying for being on Fishman's Warf. The food was good (not great) - but expensive. For four of us it came to $150 and that was the pasta and/or Louie salads. No wine!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/7/2014The food was awful and inedible. The only good thing was the view of the water. I would definitely NOT recommend this to anyone.Special Features:
- Loved it!CarlswickDined on 6/5/2014Having read about the famous old Italian seafood restaurants at Fisherman's Wharf, we booked Alioto's for our last night in San Francisco ( visiting from New Zealand) and were not disappointed. We were given a great table in the window overlooking the fishing boat fleet, although sadly the fog meant that we couldn't see the Golden Gate Bridge, however a lone sea lion swam past while we were eating, which was cool. The service was attentive, the fish was fresh and beautifully cooked. All in all a great dinner where we weren't treated like tourists and we weren't rushed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A True San Francisco ExperienceKathyDined on 6/4/2014This is a restaurant that stands the taste of time. Old family feel with wonderful service. The food is good and well prepared. What is amazing is that it remains a landmark in a changing world.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SilkstarliteDined on 6/1/2014Food was excellent, nice view, and wait staff was very courtesy and helpful with menu choices, arranging vegan option for my friend. Overall great experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nursecarlaDined on 6/1/2014Delightful for a relaxing lunch with friends while doing the "tourist" walk about.Special Features:
- Romantic DinnerCaliDined on 5/31/2014My husband and I ate at Alioto's for our last night in San Francisco. I ate the clams linguini - there were so many clams, it was delicious. He had the seafood ravioli, which was loaded with tasty seafood. Overall a very nice dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No the best visitGeorgeVIPDined on 5/31/2014It is not teh 1st time I am dinning in Alioto's. Not sure if the chef has changed or not but the quality and taste of food was not up to the standard experienced the previous times.Special Features:
- AnniversaryApril23lunchDined on 5/28/2014We decided to spend our 31st anniversary dinner here without doubts, family memories and we knew our food and service would be great even before we got there we love it thereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.