Alice Fazooli's - Vaughan
20 Colossus Drive
Vaughan, ON L4L 9J5Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: CAN$30 and under
Alice Fazooli's - Vaughan
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.alicefazoolis.com/
- Phone: (905) 850-3565
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Tuesday: 11:30am - 11:00pm, Wednesday: 11:30am - 12:00am, Friday & Saturday: 11:30am - 1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian
- Executive Chef: Anthony Dobson
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live music every Thursday night.
A word from Alice Fazooli's - Vaughan
Alice Fazooli’s is home to hand-crafted recipes served up in an authentic Italian grill experience. Our character shines through with a warm, inviting welcome at the door that is carried throughout the dining experience. Great care is taken to select only the freshest, most flavourful ingredient combinations for all our mouth-watering dishes like the Shrimp Angel Hair Pasta, Fried Calamari, Veal Parmigiana or any of our fresh, thin crust pizzas. We’re dedicated to meeting and then exceeding all expectations.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Alice Fazooli's - Vaughan reviews from OpenTable diners
10 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (5)kid-friendly (4)romantic (4)special occasion (2)notable wine list (2)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)hot spot (1)neighborhood gem (1)fit for foodies (1)great for outdoor dining (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- poor servicechanchanDined on 10/23/2014I was at the restaurant just 5 min before my 8:30 pm reservation. We had the table beside the kitchen; the appetizer arrived in reasonable time, i was looking to the kitchen, there has one man seems preparing salad / dessert; otherwise i don't see anyone in the kitchen preparing the main course. Our main course did not arrive 15-20 mins later after we finished our appetizer. I mentioned to ther server, any special stuff for birthday person. Just a candle on our deseert plate !!! Not happy with the service at all. No manager come around greeting and talking to customer.
- The following 137 reviews are from the Alice Fazooli's - Vaughan reviews archive.
- Exactly what we expectedAlanCVIPDined on 7/11/2014After a long day, we needed a break on the way to Muskoka on a summer Friday night. The location was perfect, coming from the airport, the food was fresh and well prepared, and the service was attentive and timely.Special Features:
- JeromeDined on 6/7/2014Food good, a bit pricey. Service was not great - three maître d's at the door and it seemed like three wait staff for the whole dining room. As a result, not enough attention to detail - refill on drinks only when we asked, never offered fresh ground pepper.Special Features:
- Very disappointingEatoutjunkieDined on 5/31/2014We had close friends from overseas and wanted to impress them with Canadian cuisine. No one at reception to greet us, server was robotic, menu was very ordinary and the food was mediocre. Restaurant was mostly empty so there was no atmosphere. I often eat at the same restaurant in Richmond Hill which is always good.
- It was okoccassionaldinerDined on 5/11/2014Alice Fazooli's at the vaughan location is 'ok' for dining if you don't want to venture out somewhere else or everything else is booked. The service could use some fine tuning. For example we were three adults and a toddler but only had cutlery for two people, so i had to go take the tables next to us, same with the small plates/napkins. The music is a bit loud outside. The bathrooms have the learning italian tapes playing which is pretty unique :)Special Features:
- Mothers Day LunchMSRestaurantGoerDined on 5/11/2014We arrived and we were greeted and seated quickly. The table was close to the open kitchen, in the middle of an isle that made it very tight to get into the chairs. The server had trouble moving past the table once we were seated. The server was very good and our orders were taken promptly. It took a long time for the food to arrive given the restaurant was not that busy. 2 of us had the salad with salmon. The salad was a fair size, the dressing was very oily with little flavour and the salmon was a very small portion and extremely dry and over cooked. The pasta dish was a good size and was hot and very flavourful. Other entrees were very good. We have been to this location before and this was not as good as the last time.
- disappointedmy2centsDined on 4/26/2014Large, loud group party next to our table, one of our mains was served burnt and the desk lamp at the servers' station on the other side of the glass panel glared in my eyes the entire evening. This was to be a special outing for my wife's birthday. It was anything but special.Special Features:
- Diners4VIPDined on 4/19/2014Easter Saturday...was quiet and we enjoyed it. Usually, a full volume dining experience, with many small kids. Spinach and goat cheese appetizer is delicious and so is the short rib ravioli, just enough to satisfy. A nice experience...not our first and won't be our last.Special Features:
- Poor service, bait and switchanniversarydinnerDined on 3/24/2014Rotten service. Bait and Switch. 5 lazy staff members.
- Fast and FriendlyshadDined on 3/15/2014Service very friendly the food was hot and came fast. One of our friends chicken was not cooked well but the restaurant wad gracious and did not charge herSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A familiar favouriteStephDined on 2/15/2014Booking the reservation with Open Table was simple and efficient. Great server ("Jay") with an awesome sense of humour and helpful recommendations. My steak was cooked to perfection, the wine was delectable, and the service was exceptionally prompt. My only disappointment was the change in antipasto platter- I find the new platters lack a lot of the good stuff you would find in an authentic Italian antipasto. Also, my date's pizza (pepperoni and beef) was not cooked evenly and was too greasy- could have used leaner cuts of meat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Did not feel well. Had theOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/15/2014Did not feel well. Had the seafood fettuccine. One of the mussels was not fresh.
- Mediocre....OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014The service was good, the food tasted good, but the portion size that you get for the incredibly overpriced list amazes me. Entrees started at $20 a plate and weren't even enough to fill 1/4 of my plate. Disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic place for Valentine's dayLove2EatDined on 2/14/2014This place was very nice for couples on Valentine's Day. They had great atmosphere and excellent tasting food. Plus, it was not as pricey as you think. The wine list was extensive and they had some good selections.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was all deliciousDDekeyserDined on 2/14/2014The food was all delicious and the service was great. We were late for our reservation but the staff kept our reservation still and we were soo thankful. The atmosphere was nice and the prices were fair. Overall I had a great experience at Alice Fazoolis including the awesome food and I would recommend it to everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not bad, Not badWhatzTaEatDined on 2/13/2014I met a new friend for dinner at Alice's - it was a convenient location for both of us. The prices are on the high-side but it was tasty. Waiters checked on us regularly. Unfortunately, some of the item's I'd requested couldn't be made fresh, or without red onions. The cranberry juice I'd ordered came warm - no ice. Even by adding a full glass of ice to it, the juice never chilled. Cranberry is tart, and should always be refrigerated, and served cold. For some reason it took a long time to get our food even though the restaurant was half-empty. Overall, a pretty good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not disappointedFoodeyDined on 1/21/2014Reserving through "Open Table" was super easy, very friendly greeting from hostess upon arrival, table was nice, server great and food awesome - great value on lunch menu.Special Features:
- wait timelove2eatDined on 1/3/2014The only complaint would be it took a little longer than i would like for someone to see us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceRedfoxDined on 12/31/2013This restaurant never lets me down. The food is always great. They accommodated my dairy allergy, and the lentil soup was delicious. The service was fantastic, and the atmosphere is relaxed and happy. Always a favorite with our family,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Met expectationsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/17/2013Food and Service are always good. Great selection of good quality wines.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- for the first time to be therejanetDined on 12/13/2013for the first time to be there and not knowing what we will get, I have to give it to Alice fazooli's great servers and best food we enjoyed every second of it, thank you for everything I love the relaxed feel of this place - like a comfortable dining room in a friends home. I definitely would return to try more dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent serviceLiz182Dined on 11/19/2013The food was excellent with plenty of choice, but more importantly for me the waiter we had was courteous, helpful and patient. I would fully recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- New Menu itemsepetersVIPDined on 11/6/2013Tasted a couple of the new items. Fried Raviolli-yum and Penne Carbonara in a little pan with a poached egg on top. DelightfulSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food was mediocreluckylouDined on 11/2/2013Was surprised at the quality of food. I guess we should have ordered pasta (my daughter did and it was delicious), however, I ordered the chianti sirloin and my husband ordered the regular sirloin. Very chewy...the wine sauce on the chianti, did not taste good and was thick/heavy. The fried calamari was excellent, the grilled was likely the worst I have ever had. The sauce that it came with tasted weird...and no flavour to the grilled calamari...very disapointing. Wouldn't go again, even thought the service was great and it was a nice place as it comes down to the food for me..
- Alice goes to VaughnbobthedinerDined on 10/19/2013This version of the Alice Fazooli franchise retains the good food selection and informal atmosphere of the downtown (Toronto) original. If you like basic Italian at a reasonable price, this place fits the bill. Attending during the peak hours, however, can result in a longer wait for both food and drinks from the bar. And while it can be a place for a romantic dinner for two, be forewarned, the interior is mostly hard surfaces which reflect rather than absorb sound, so that noisy table of four or six will sound like a party of twelve. Wine list is typical and selections are not overly adventurous, but this is not a place for the wine hunter. It's a relaxed atmosphere. Seating is well spaced but booths a bit too much so for shorter patrons.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, bad serviceBigJohnDined on 9/28/2013Went there for a birthday, and felt like we were totally forgotten about. Food served, before appetizers, forgot to bring some of our drinks Food was very tasty, they seemed under staffed.. And they totally forgot about the birthday.I would recommend this to a friend.
- We went here for the firstTheBartleysDined on 8/17/2013We went here for the first time ever and everything was amazing the food the service it was an amazing atmosphere. We enjoyed every moment everyone was extremely nice and welcoming I would def be going there as my new hot spot restaurant thank you to everyone there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesome birthday experienceruchiDined on 7/15/2013It was my birthday and my friend recommended the restaurant it was really good experience...Eric was looking after us and he was too good...the moment he got to know its my birthday he gave me cheese cake complimentary...thanks it was really hood gestureSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Left me a little bit wantingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/18/2013There is nothing wrong per say with my dining experience; but a whole bunch of little things left me wanting. I went with my wife and Son for a casual meal and everything was OK but not great. My wife's pasta came cold, my Penne Arrabiatia was OK and the service was good but not great. With so many other options in the area, we will try other establishments before coming back.
- It started off great, butOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/13/2013It started off great, but when the food came, 1 of the order was missing. I have only 5 people not a party of 20, hard to believe. Even though it showed up in minutes, but my guest was not very pleased.Special Features:
- Fantastic supper with family.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/14/2013We reserved online for a group of 6, 2 adults and 4 children. They had a "U" booth type table which was perfect for containing the children. The service was fantastic; quick, friendly and efficient. The food was delicious - a nice menu and a very good selection on the children's menu.Special Features:
- Our appetitizers took a veryGroup8Dined on 3/8/2013Our appetitizers took a very long time (about 15 to 20 mins) to arrive, so we had to rush through our entree, and pack up our desserts to go, but our waitness was very nice and apologetic. For lunch hour service, it needs to be faster as customers have to return back to work. Otherwise, food was good.
- We arrived 15 minutes pastOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 2/23/2013We arrived 15 minutes past our reservation but our table had been given away and were told to wait 25 minutes. Yet Opentable was showing new reservations available for the very next timeslot less than 15 mins out. After some bickering they squeezed us into a booth. Once seated we didn't see anybody for at least 15 minutes. The rest is in my ratings. Overall not a dinner to remember or appreciate.
- Salmon was over cooked, servicejcdaysVIPDined on 2/23/2013Salmon was over cooked, service was a bit slower then normal but they also did seem busier then normal. Should stick to the pasta.
- Good news, badOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013I have been there twice. The first time was amazing that is why i took my girl there for Valentines day second time we werent impressed. I wont give up on you guys yet hopefully the service and food is better then last. I will be back.Special Features:
- My boyfriend and I went hereTOTasterDined on 2/14/2013My boyfriend and I went here for Valentines Day considering how busy they were we walked in and our table with the reservation was availabile immediately. The service was friendly and quick and the atmosphere was romantic. The calamari was one of the best I've tasted! Highly recommend this locationSpecial Features:
- Good service overall, I noticedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013Good service overall, I noticed that there is a menu change due to season. I wanted the ravioli stuffed with ricotta cheese but it was only available in the summer.Special Features:
- Always a great meal at Alice's.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/9/2013Always a great meal at Alice's. the tried and true menu is still delicious and the service was just right, not rushed but timely.Special Features:
- Great atmosphere for a niceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/27/2013Great atmosphere for a nice dinner at a reasonable price. Food is great!! Great drink pricing too between 4-7pm.Special Features:
- Great service, food was reallydeemc123Dined on 1/20/2013Great service, food was really well done. Enjoyed the salmon and it was cooked to perfection!Special Features: