Alibi Bar and Lounge
215 Charles Street
Boston, MA 02114Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Alibi Bar and Lounge
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.alibiboston.com/
- Phone: 8572411144
- Hours of Operation:
Nightly: 5:00pm - 2:00am (light menu served & bottle service available)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Dancing, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We have the ability to host a party of 30-40 for cocktails in a semi private area.
A word from Alibi Bar and Lounge
'Alibi Bar and Lounge is a the loungy space inside Boston's brand-new Liberty Hotel, once the Charles Street Jail. Alibi plays up its former life, with floors that have the original markings where the cells used to be, and solid brick walls that alternate with prison bars. Despite the dark motif, the space is well lit and cozy, with big open windows facing charming Charles Street. Popular orders include the sweet Jail Bait, a pomegranate mojito, and truffle french fries with Parmesan—a fine late-night nosh.' - www.concierge.com Hours of Operation: Nightly: 5:00pm - 2:00am (light menu served & bottle service available. Weather permitting, our patio is open at 2PM Friday-Sunday.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Alibi Bar and Lounge reviews from OpenTable diners
- DisappointedOrrerrificVIPDined on 6/5/2014I've been to Alibi many times and greatly enjoyed it, but this experience was very disappointing. The waitress was annoying, our orders was mixed up and to eop it all, dispute the fact that we were four, our bill included 20% service. Not nice, Alibi.
- Saturday night snack2happydinersDined on 1/18/2014Having eaten lunch at the Alibi, we expected to find tables and chairs. Because it was a Saturday night we were seated at a tiny round table on low stools in a darkened room with pounding music. Not what we expected. The food was very good - small amount, and the waitstaff was attentive. We had a difficult time making ourselves heard and the tiny table barely accomodated our three small plates. Great for the young, not so great for us.Special Features:
- Don't bother with AlibiMurphy09VIPDined on 12/23/2013This nice little nook of a bar is quiet and comfortable but the service was horrible! No one greeted us when we arrived and the bartender made us feel like we were intruding on her Christmas shopping via her iPhone. The night was rescued by going across the lobby of the Liberty Hotel to Scampo where the bartender was very nice and made the best martinis I've had in awhile.
- We were there on a quiet night.OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/27/2013We were there on a quiet night. It is in the Liberty Hotel and on other nights it was 'hopping' and very energetic. On a Sunday night, not so much-which was OK for us. The flatbread, Carpaccio, arugula salad, and shrimp and mango skewers were all delicious. The berry mojitos were great. Only negative was the gratuity added to the check-seemed unusual for it to be 'auto-added' to check on a very quiet night for a party of 2 who were staying in the hotel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hover much?NadalinaDined on 9/26/2013Any reservations made after work are limited to three hours. I totally get this and have no problem. However, the staff seems a bit anxious in making sure we knew we had a limited time slot. A full hour and half before the next reservation she takes off our reservation slip and replaces it with the next. She literally had to interrupt conversations to place the slip. Then, she began removing glasses regardless if we were still drinking from them or not. Alibi is a great place to lounge. So if I'm sipping on my drink, no I don't want my check-it means I'm enjoying it. If you seem ok interrupting every conversation-then don't slip pieces of paper on the table with your secret messages. Stop hovering and let us drink in peace.Special Features:
- Terrible serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/23/2013The service at this bar is terrible. The hostess couldn't be bothered to even say hello to me when I came in. This is my third time there and the service was terrible every time. The cocktail waitresses looked annoy when you order. I keep hoping it would get better because it's a nice-looking bar with a nice ambiance. But three strikes, well, you get it. I won't be going back.
- Reserved for dinner. It wasn'tOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 12/21/2012Reserved for dinner. It wasn't even lite bites and we were seated in an area without a table. They should not accept reservations for dinner. We went elsewhere.
- Good atmosphere, but....OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/3/2012I expected an unique atomosphere. But that was all. French fries, pizza,.... All foods were lukewarm. In addition, as soon as we had seats, they placed a next customers reservation sign on our table, which Looked to tell us to go out within the time limit. Moreover, they forced us to pay 20% chip even if their service was ordinary! (20% chip had already included in the bill before we paid) I chose this bar for our wedding aniversary. But we were totally disappointed.Special Features:
- Everything was really good.md7716VIPDined on 10/19/2012Everything was really good. Only minor knock would be the limited menu. However, they do a great job with what is on the menu and it is great option if you're looking for an energetic bar scene with some good eats.
- my favorite placeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/9/2012Good: Alibi is my FAVORITE place in Boston. If you want to mix with the affluent, have divine drinks and munch on tasty delights, lounge at the Alibi.
- The service was wonderful.OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/31/2012The service was wonderful. A group of us went there and two of us had food sensitivities, which can be challenging, but they took care of us with excellence and good cheer! The staff were friendly and bent over backwards to make our experience delightful. Fun atmosphere!
- We went for a friend's birthday.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/10/2012We went for a friend's birthday. The ambiance and service were great and the drinks were superb! The food was good. Just wish our table was bigger. Ideal place if you're just going for drinks.Special Features:
- We started off with drinksBostonDined on 4/4/2012We started off with drinks at Alibi, and then because there was 4 us, we ended up going over to Scampo (also in the Hotel), where there were larger tables to sit at. Alibi staff was fabulous, and it would be great for 2, but a bit on the small side for 4 to eat at the table the way they have it set up. Scampo was fantastic as well, great waitstaff.Special Features:
- I took a group of coworkersOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/16/2012I took a group of coworkers here after a very long week of meetings, representing Finland, Poland, Italy, Czech Republic, St. Louis, Atlanta and Philadelphia. What a great piece of local history to share with them. The cocktails and bar food (while pricey) were enjoyed by all.Special Features:
- Great adventure at the Liberty HoteOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/10/2012Servce was great, drinks as well and the food was excellent.Had reservations, sat at a very comfortable area in a corner with high back seats. Our waitress was great, great skewars of lamb, beef and chick with great sauces, and a great salad topped off with grilled duck.....We did not want this big sit down dinner, so this really fit the bill. We would return. After we went up stairs to the lobby in the Liberty, we were delighted to just chill, sip a cocktail and listen to the live music from students attending Berkley....Special Features:
- The staff was so accommodatingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/2/2012The staff was so accommodating and the service was great. I love the atmosphere and will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Terrible option for 'dining'LocalDinersVIPDined on 11/11/2011Terrible option for 'dining' - we left. It is a bar, a nice bar, but over the top noise levels and very limited 'bar' menu. The staff was very nice, didn't try the food - we were looking for a place to sit, talk and eat - this didn't fit the bill.Special Features:
- Great atmosphere for after-dinnerSarahDined on 6/7/2011Great atmosphere for after-dinner drinks (although somewhat pretentious), limited food menu, great cocktail list. Overall it was a great timeSpecial Features:
- Poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/29/2011The drinks and food were great but the service was poor. We stood waiting for the hostess for 5 minutes without acknowledgment. Then after getting seated at a table that we reserved we watched everyone around us, that got seated after us, get their drinks. Our food came before our drinks and got cold while we waited for something to wash it down. The rest of our visit was consistently disappointing.Special Features:
- The food and service was great.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/9/2011The food and service was great. The menu is very limited and portions are small. The group next to us was very loud and made it difficult to have a conversation but after they left the experience was great.Special Features:
- Great food. A bit pricey especiallyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/8/2011Great food. A bit pricey especially the cocktails. Somewhat noisey toward 9 o'clock. Overall good experience. Loved the celebrity mugshots!Special Features:
- Awesome, friendly serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/30/2010Awesome, friendly service & drinks that will knock your socks off! We got there at 8pm and it was quite loud, not what I had imagined (I am used to a European definition of "lounge") but the bar was hoppin and the place had a very positive vibe and we had a great time! The food had highs and lows - kabobs were awesome and worth coming back for, but the dessert left much to be desired. I will definitely be returning with friends for drinks and a good time.Special Features:
- I had a large group here forOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/23/2010I had a large group here for a birthday party last spring and was disappointed because we were asked to leave as our table was reserved for another group. Of course I understand, but still feel that they could've arranged another table for the next party considering how much money we were spending. I swore I would ever go back but I do like the service here and it's a nice space. I will probably not do another party (by the way, I did have an anniversary party at the Liberty Ballroom and that was an excellent experience!!!) but will go occasionally for a drink with a couple of friends. I recommend going to Asana at the Madarin Oriental for your party. Excellent food, service and the M Bar is fun place with friends.
- Alibi is a ton of fun - greatrobsDined on 10/23/2010Alibi is a ton of fun - great atmosphere, delicious bar food from Scampo, and strong drinks. Guaranteed fun for a group or a date.Special Features:
- The drinks and the food wereOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/13/2010The drinks and the food were all good. The decor was interesting and we actually "toured" the bar and lounge on our way out. I would say the lighting got a little dim when it came to trying to read the menu and the tables are small if you are going to order more than one food and drink item. It also got rather noisy. In fact, the lobby was quieter.Special Features:
- The Pizza we had was delicious.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/21/2010The Pizza we had was delicious. The drinks we ever better. The waitress was extremely helpful and cheerful. The ambiance was so fascinating.Special Features:
- Request outdoor seating. ItOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/17/2010Request outdoor seating. It was great to lounge outside and relax in the summer air. Cocktails were tasty as were the apps. Great people watching.Special Features:
- This is my first experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/6/2010This is my first experience with Open Table. I know, what took me so long?! I was very pleased! My request for outdoor seating was forwarded and responded to...the restaurant both called me and informed the hostess who was ready to accommodate us from the moment we walked in. Outstanding! I've used Open Table again for this weekend!Special Features:
- I love this place. I try toOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/16/2010I love this place. I try to go every Friday after work!!!!Special Features:
- We went to Alibi to celebrateOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/27/2010We went to Alibi to celebrate my husband's birthday. There were 12 of us, and our reservation was at 6pm. We spent over $500 on food and drinks, and was unceremoniously kicked from our table at 9pm, as the table was reserved for another party at 9pm. I did receive an email from the restaurant that the table would be reserved for only 3 hours. But I think that when customers are spending so much money, the restaurant should find another table for the next party, especially as the bar wasn't that crowded at 9pm. The waitress seemed embarrassed to ask us to leave, and we definitely felt put out and mistreated. Our group love go out but, as there are so many good restaurants in Boston, we'll be heading somewhere else next time.Special Features:
- In line with the vibe at TheMommaNelsonDined on 3/13/2010In line with the vibe at The Liberty, Alibi draws a well-dressed, professional crowd. We arrived at 6:00 and there was only one other patron--in a suit with a paper and a drink. We sat around a small round table and ordered some appetizer sized eats; the food was good. By the time we left (around 7:30) the place was packed. The music, decor, and general vibe of the place was fun--upscale for sure, but not stuffy.Special Features:
- Don't opt for the truffledOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/11/2010Don't opt for the truffled polenta fries as we were recommended to do--they are ok, but very bland. Instead, try their pizza. It's from Scampo which changes up their menu every 3 months or so, and was outstanding! Good cocktails.Special Features: