1429 San Mateo Avenue
South San Francisco, CA 94080Neighborhood:
South San Francisco
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.alibaba1.com/
- Phone: 6508712221
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Monday - Saturday: 10:30am - 5::00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 8:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5;00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Middle Eastern
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Gluten-free Menu, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout
A word from Ali Baba
Family owned and operated, this hidden gem of South San Francisco offers the most authentic Mediterranean cuisine around. For centuries, the people of the Mediterranean have savored these dishes, and it has allowed them to eat well and live long, healthy lives. Ali Baba’s diners delight in the freshness, healthfulness and variety of our dishes. We offer a comfortable, yet stylish setting, with a combination of modern design and stone, wood and copper accents, adding an authentic vibe. Sink into our cozy banquettes and chat with friends while enjoying succulent meats, delectable sides, and irresistible desserts. There is a large selection of vegetarian dishes as well. Ali Baba is child-friendly and great for groups of all sizes. Catering is available. Don't forget to use our Presto tablets on your next visit!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Ali Baba reviews from OpenTable diners
4 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.3Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (2)neighborhood gem (1)good for groups (1)Show More
- options are limited in the areaOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/22/2014Options are limited in this part of SSF. The food is very good. I'm not a big fan of the iPad replacing the server. Fast, good food for lunch, though. And good for groups.Special Features:
- The following 5 reviews are from the Ali Baba reviews archive.
- Fun and delicious near SFOCarovinoVIPDined on 3/7/2014My husband and I were looking for somewhere to eat on the way to the airport. We stopped here but didn't expect to have such a nice meal. The food was delicious, the environment was comfortable and easy and the table tablets for ordering and games/trivia made it extra fun. Great, fresh falafel too. We would certainly go back again. I wish we could find a low-key and tasty spot like that near where we live!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- poor service food very blandaaaaDined on 2/15/2014poor service food very bland -something was definitely missing - all six of us agreed on this fact chicken very dry - maybe day old due to the fact that we were the first ones there and arrived at 11:30am.
- Great find!LPTeamDined on 12/13/2013Excellent food and service in a nice, new setting. Parking available. Easy access to freeway. Great variety of Mediterranean food. Love the kebob plates. Lentil rice was delicious. Favorite lunch place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good and reasonably-pricedliv4foodDined on 9/16/2013Good food. Nothing special, but quite tasty. Very reasonably priced. I took my mother there and we were able to have a quick dinner and it was less than $25. Would go back again if I wanted kebabes/hummus and was in the area.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food but service confusingnchedo11Dined on 9/13/2013Group of friends ordered the falafel wrap, garlic potatoes, hummus, and pita chips, and the cheese sticks. The food was good and flavorful and definitely filling. The service could be better though. We had a reservation but were told to order at the counter. The ordering process should of been explained better before we sat down because some of us ordered at the table and that apparently wasn't the "right" thing to do despite the reservation. Otherwise good food, nice place kind of the middle of nowhere but good nevertheless!Special Features: