75 Franklin Street
Quincy, MA 02169Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.alfredosquincy.com/
- Phone: 6174721115
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian
- Executive Chef: John Hughes Sr.
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Karaoke every Saturday night after 9:00pm!
- Special Events: Half Price Mondays & Tuesdays!!! Come dine with us and receive one (1) gift card for half the value of your lunch or dinner. Valid in the dining room only. Gift card value up to $20. Cannot be combined with any other offer.
A word from Alfredo's Restaurant
When you're in the mood for good times and great cuisine, be sure to check out Alfredo's Restaurant. The restaurant is located in one of the area's most pleasant settings and is known for its delightful staff and superb cuisine. The menu at Alfredo's Restaurant features a wide array of great selections, made from only the freshest and highest quality ingredients, with something sure to please every member of your group. Alfredo's Restaurant has established itself as one of the area's favorite culinary destinations and is sure to offer you a pleasant and unique dining experience every time you visit. Please stop in soon!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Alfredo's Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
13 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (8)special occasion (4)fit for foodies (3)good for groups (3)kid-friendly (2)romantic (2)late-night find (1)great for lunch (1)hot spot (1)notable wine list (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- CosmoVIPDined on 9/12/2014Great food, good service! Nice to have real food, at good prices!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy and Excellent ServiceluvschocolateDined on 7/10/2014Our experience began with a friendly greeting from the host, even used my name (from reservation). Our waiter was perfect and attended to our every need as pleasantly as Iv'e ever seen. The food was absolutely delicious! It was a great experience in an authentic, stands the test of time, Italian restaurant. Only regret...didn't have room for the desserts!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service & foodTokenfireDined on 6/3/2014The service was excellent. There were many food options on the menu. Italian dishes, steaks, chops & prime rib, seafood, chicken fingers & French fries & even pasta with marinara for the vegan in the family as well as appetizers & salads. Portions are large, so I got 2 meals from my dinner. Reservations are a good idea especially on weekends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good first experienceHardcorefoodieDined on 5/28/2014Ordered grilled salmon and from their $19 dinner menu ... Everything was so yummy !!! Would definitely go back thereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 140 reviews are from the Alfredo's Restaurant reviews archive.
- Great Food Here!bigdaddy1719VIPDined on 5/22/2014This is a great place to go mid week..........weekends are kind of busy. Make open table reservations here always. Ask for Yanni........tell him you are family!Special Features:
- long time favoriteLaPoodellaDined on 5/17/2014i was so happy to find this old restaurant was still open. I remember being brought here by my father in the early 60s. I have been living thousands of miles away for the last 35 years and was so happy to see this place on Open Table. It has been redone and is under new ownership, but I remembered the layout. It has two huge bars. One bar was filled with people eating lunch and chatting with each other. We sat in the dining room. It's not fancy. We had the rigatoni bolognese. It was excellent. Easily as good as any I've had anywhere in my travels throughout Italy. And the value was superb. I'll go back in a heartbeat. The waitress was new and was very professional. She told us all about the special on Wednesday night: three courses <$20.Special Features:
- Mother's day bind...reviews2014Dined on 5/11/2014On mother's day, we had reservations to another restaurant for 1:00pm. That Sunday morning I received a phone call from the restaurant saying that the kitchen closes at 11:00am?? I scrambled to find another restaurant and came across Alfredo's restaurant that happened to have a open reservation for 1:00pm not knowing the place we decided to try it. The restaurant was very nice and clean, friendly staff, and best of all was the food!!!! This place exceeded any and all of my expectations and what started out to be a bad mother's ended up being a great one!! Thank you open table for finding us a reservation and for introducing us to Alfredo's restaurant!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good eatsflannDined on 4/20/2014Great place for a nice meal that doesn't break the bank.Special Features:
- Good food & serviceBaldbirdDined on 4/5/2014I alway's love going to this restaurant. The food is never disapointing and it is a large menu to choose from. Friendly waiters and staff get you seated quickly, get your drink order and back with it in short minutes jand they notice when your glass gets low. How rare is that? Their discounted specials on Monday & Tuesdays are big enough to make sure I come back again. I always leave with a $20.00 card that I use for my next visit. The prices for drinks & food are very good and the food is not only very good, but plentiful. I never have room for dessert. If this restaurant was around when John Adams & John Quincy Adams were living right down the street I'm sure they would have been regulars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Off Night, otherwise GoodBillDined on 3/29/2014Our waitress must have had an off night (we all do at times). Service was less than attentive for the six of us. Swordfish dinner portion was appalling - a child's portion. Lemon chicken rice soup was bland, tasteless and overcooked. Reservation was promptly attended. Lamb chops were dry and quite chewy (first time for this favorite). Still a favorite and we would give it another chance to make good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great dinnerLec987VIPDined on 3/7/2014Dinner for 2 on a Friday during lent. Started with the fig and mascarpone ravioli entrée special as a shared appetizer, it was delectable! Would highly recommend this dish if it is available. We both had seafood for dinner. The cod was very flaky, topped with flavorful bread crumbs, and served with fresh green beans on the side, yum! The Seafood Christine had 3 large shrimp and 4 tender scallops in a lemon butter sauce with fresh tomatoes and olives, delicious. We finished dinner with the grape nut pudding. Had always heard great things about this but had never tried it. It stands up to the hype. Very creamy, almost flan like. It was a great way to end our meal. Michael, our served was also fantastic and paced our meal perfectly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So dissapointingEEEsteDined on 2/22/2014My husband and I have been to your restaurant more times than we an count and it usually is quite good overall. This past Saturday we took 2 other couples and NOTHING was right. We waited well over an hour for our meal ( after waiting at least 30 minutes for our drinks) .. When we mentioned to host and waiter all we got was an " Kitchen Backed UP" No apologies, no restitution... We have frequented many, many restaurants. upscale and down and usually there would be something to appease the guest.... We got cold food and an incredibly long wait.... A complementary appetizer or drink or dessert or anything would have helped just a little but I"m just not sure.Special Features:
- Thank you AlfredoEvonneDined on 2/20/2014Dine with a party of 5 at 8 PM. Service was efficient at first, then it stopped (even though we were the only customers left).Our server simply disappeared and showed up 1/2 hour later with our meals that she placed to the wrong parties at the table.They changed server and he was fantastic! Three of us ordered the Prix Fixe, which became a 4 course meal if chosen from the selections that came with either soup or salad! The bread, barley soup, Calamari Fritte, Eggplant Rollatini, Chicken La Marsala, Carbonara, and Saltimbocca, Veal ScaloppiniI, and the Double Lamb Chops, Cannoli,Tiramisu, and the NY Cheesecake were all delicious! Our server then surprised my daughter with a NY Cheesecake and sang happy b-day to her, much to her delight! E.BSpecial Features:
- Always a pleasure to dine hereFlintstonesDined on 2/18/2014We have been to Alfredo's on a couple different occasions and the attention you receive from the wait staff is above and beyond. The meals came out promptly and just as ordered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Alfredo'sJMBQDined on 2/1/2014The management has wisely decided to not changed the decor over the years. Thus, Alfredo's still has the look and feel of a family owned restaurant dating back many decades and that is as important as the food and service. The food and the service is consistently excellent at Alfredo's. We have never been disappointed there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great timeBoardingDined on 1/24/2014We go here frequently and we're never disappointed, unless they run out of the prime rib :) The service is always fantastic as are our meals. We can always count on having a great meal here, from the different pasta dishes to the prime rib, which is one of the best prime ribs we ever had. I love to start with their chicken noodle soup when available, and I had the ravioli with meatballs - I love their meatballs!
- Disappointing experienceRelocatingJohnDined on 1/8/2014This was the second time I have eaten at Alfredo's in a month's time. The first experience was much more pleasurable than the second. The second was disappointing in that the service was very slow and outside of great appetizers the entree's were ;ess than enjoyable due to temperature being too hot to taste being another shortfall. Unfortunately for Alfredo's this was business dinner with several locals which now will not return/
- I will not go again.Unhappydiner36Dined on 12/31/2013My husband and I went for dinner on New Years Eve. The food was less than mediocre and their marinara sauce was AWFUL. It was thick and loaded with salt and garlic. Yuck.
- Consistently good food. AlwayslocalDined on 12/31/2013Consistently good food. Always good dinner specialsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was my first time goingMusicFanDined on 12/7/2013This was my first time going to Alfredo's Restaurant. Brought my mom from NC and we had a lovely meal. Service was nice and welcoming, great martini and my mom likes old fashions -- this was the first place here in MA that she said it was made just right! I had the Seafood Christine it was ok - not a lot of flavor in the sauce. We also had the veal parmigana and that was fit for a king. Large portion and very delicious. Will absolutely be back - looking forward to trying something else!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Out of Prime Rib at 6:30 SundayBillDined on 11/10/2013Night. Service slow. Waitress unattentive at times. Food ok, not great this visit. Seated immediately upon arrival was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian, not...AliRNDined on 11/9/2013The menu was opposite of even American Italian - my meal was comparable to an item on a Friendly's menu. I thought I was going to find a neighborhood gem, but sadly I could have been more satisfied at Wendy's.
- Consistantly GreatHotelConciergeVIPDined on 11/7/2013We dined at Alfredo's this past Thursday and were greeted by Yanni the manager, Debbie the waitress, and Lisa the bartender who treated us, not only as diners, but like family...as they consistantly do with everyone. We dined on pork chops, chicken parm, and haddock, which is always cooked to perfection. This place is a local gem indeed. Why drive into Boston when you can get the same great meal and service right in Quincy at half the price!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood GemPatCDined on 11/2/2013We've been dining at Alfredo's for over 30 years which, I think, speaks for itself. My husband loves the veal parm, and I love the prime rib. You can always count on a great meal at Alfredo's, and we will continue to dine here for many years to come.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprisingly good in QuincyPtowngamDined on 10/25/2013Went there for a business lunch and found their service too notch and good very good. Try their pasta Bolognese. Their bread comes with a garlic oil dip which was wonderful. Plenty of parking at back of restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Local Eaterybigdaddy1719VIPDined on 10/17/2013Price Fix Menu on Wednesday & Thursday is a great deal and the food is great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1/2 Price Meal NOT HONORED!!!!QualityfirstDined on 10/14/2013While staying at Marriott in Quincy, we checked open table and reserved at Alfredo on Franklin Street. When I clicked the restaurant information to check the menu, I was excited to see a " 1/2 price meal Monday and Tuesday." My bill showed FULL PRICE! When I questioned the bill and showed the manager on duty a print out of menu and prices,I was told, " I am not aware of this. Mario the owner deals with internet. " I paid the FULL PRICE, returned to my hotel, checked opentable websiteAGAIN and yes, the 1/2 price special appeared in upper righthand corner.
- Off night: not enjoyableBoscobelVIPDined on 9/27/2013Food quality was lacking- no taste to Chicken Quincy dish.... table was directly under ceiling cooling system- even our coats could not make the seating comfortable; management could not do anything to change the temperature "its automatic and we can not adjust it"... made for a very cold meal with out of state friends. Will not be in too much of a rush to return to this place. However, the house wines here are very good and reasonably priced, worth mentioning.
- Great dealMarstereyDined on 9/5/2013We were a party of seven on a Thursday night and everyone enjoyed their meal and the value. On Wednesday and Thursday night they have a special deal where you get appetizer, entree and dessert for $17.00. It is a full size appetizer, entree and dessert and everyone loved the food. We enjoyed everything that was served. Our waitress was wonderful and went out of her way to make sure all of our requests were made. Would recommend this restaurant to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place low price close to BostHawkeyeDined on 8/27/2013In Boston I would have paid around twice the price for the same menu items. Nothing was over $19 on the Entree list, and the service was good, place was quiet enough. Bar out front had a loud crowd, but the dining area was quiet. I will definitely go again.Also on Monday and Tuesday they give a $10 gift card for dining!Special Features:
- Great Food for Casual DiningEvonneDined on 8/6/2013Been to Alfredo 3x last year, so far so good. Food was great and consistence for a local small restaurant. Servers were friendly and service was quick. Seats were a bit uncomfortable and tight. No frill deco. Their pasta is the best in town, and it is better than any fancy restaurants in Boston! Will be dinning in Alfredo again Thurs., 2/20 for my daughter's b-day celebration, and shall provide another review after that. - E.BSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not as usualEEEsteDined on 7/7/2013As a frequent customer to Alfredo's I must ask ... was the chef different? Our chicken cacciatore had a totally different thick sauce which was very disappointing. One of the reasons we go frequently to this restaurant is because of this dish ...and 2 of the 4 ofus ordered it. Salmon was good but shrimp was dripping in sauce which I asked to have put on the side. Will go back but hope the " old recipe : comes back too .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I havent been there in yrs..FooddollfaceVIPDined on 6/18/2013I havent been there in yrs..Food was gd..I had the muscles they were very gd..wish it was stated that they were cooking in butter.did not say that on the menu but still gd A few things did bother me when we were there it was very noiseyfelt like I was yelling all night &we felt like we were rushed..My Grandfather had like 3 bites left of his meal &the he put his fork down to take a sip of his drink &the bus boy came over &was going to take it way from him but he was not done eattin yet My grandfather was shocked that they tried to take his plate away that fast when we were all still eating once we got the check they bussed the table right then and there I felt like the buss boy was ontop of mewhen I was getting the "doggie" bags tied up.
- Consistently good!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/16/2013We thoroughly enjoy Aldredo's and dine here often, and we recommend it to family and friends. The food and service are consistently good. Prices are reasonable. We eat out once or twice a week, and when we want a meal we know won't disappoint, we go to Alfredo's -- it's a choice everyone can agree on!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always good food and friendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/28/2013Always good food and friendly and fabulous waitstaff.Special Features:
- Busy and friendly restaurant.FabinskiVIPDined on 4/13/2013Busy and friendly restaurant. Food was good. Not "Italian" but italo-american dishes.Special Features:
- I have been dinning at AlfredoOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/13/2013I have been dinning at Alfredo for many times and I love their food. I invited my friend and her husband to try the food and they also like the food. The only thing is I wanted to order a salad for appertizer but she said will be a long wait as the chef who is making that was so busy. We ordered desert at the end and they were so good.Special Features:
- Delivers Consistent QualityDeniseVIPDined on 4/4/2013We like Alfredo's and have been here many times. The food is fresh and well prepared...pasta is always perfectly al dente. Deninitely a go to staple in the South Shore.Special Features:
- Chicken picata is awesome.OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/24/2013Chicken picata is awesome. Very tender wonderfully flavorful. wait staff very friendly and helpful. Prices are reasonableSpecial Features:
- While it was great to avidOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/23/2013While it was great to avid the parking debacle in Boston, Alfredo's was fair at best. The ambiance was dated and on a Saturday night there was karaoke going on. The servers were attentive, though certainly not extraordinary. We were with a group of six. The pastas were certainly not homemade and the flavors were extremely simple. Some people really enjoy simple american italian, but this certainly was not the type of dining experience we seek.