Alfredo of Rome
4 W. 49th Street
New York, NY 10020Neighborhood:
Rockefeller Center Midtown
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Alfredo of Rome
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.alfredos.com/
- Phone: 2123970100
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday 11:30am-3:00pm, Saturday 12:00pm-4:00pm, Sunday 1:00pm-3:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Friday 5:00pm-11:00pm, Saturday 5:00pm-10:00pm, Sunday 4:00pm-9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Mirco Grassini
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Alfredo of Rome is the home of the original Alfredo recipe from 1914, you and your guests are able to have an authentic Italian experience in the heart of Rockefeller Center for as many as 125 guests to as few as 10 in our private dining areas.
- Private Party Contact: Jenna Taub 8773966277
- Cross Street: 5th and 6th avenue
- Public Transit: B, D, f, V, stops at 47-50th street Rockefeller center, also the E, and the number and 6 at 51st and Lexington avenue.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Parking available in vicinity. Public parking lot available on 48th street between 5th and 6th ave.
A word from Alfredo of Rome
In it's Rockefeller Center location, Alfredo of Rome joins its award winning predecessors at Epcot Center in Walt Disney World and the original Alfredo of Rome where in 1914,the original fettuccine Alfredo was invented. New York's new 8000 square foot installment offers a contemporary twist on the classic Roman fare that made Alfredo a household name and, of course, the irresistible only original Fettuccine Alfredo. Celebrities and heads of state have made Alfredo's their home away from home. Alfredo N.Y. is no exception. What attracts them? May be it's the heralded authentic Italian cuisine. Or perhaps their often talked about wine list (winner of the Wine spectator award from 20001-2005.)Certainly the Hirschfield’s adorning the walls can't help but draw attention.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Alfredo of Rome reviews from OpenTable diners
- Good food, nice folksTandLDined on 5/30/2013The staff was professional and the food was good; I had the house Fett. Alfredo, obviously their specialty, and I thought it was a good representation of a classic dish, not too cheesy, not too much sauce, just right. My only complaint would be that the chef was going for more inoffensive than dramatic, maybe true to original Italian home-style cooking, not bad, but could have been bolder in the spices. Also consider this-- many restaurants in the Rockefeller Center blocks are expensive but bad; Alfredo's is not inexpensive, but provides good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for our purpose!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/19/2013Visiting New York with my mom and grandma for the first time and found it on the around me app. It was pricey but the food ambiance and service were worth it. We had the trio entree and split it 3 ways it was perfect for us. Had a glass of wine and then chocolate cake and pistachio ice cream for dessert. Very pleased with it all :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was Soooooooo SlowDiningDivaDined on 5/19/2013Went for Lunch on rainy Sunday afternoon with 1:00 PM Reservation for three. Six other two tops in restaurant only one of which came in before we did. Ordered from the Prefix menu. Had to place order for all 3 courses immediately. First course came out in about 15 minutes and I kid you not, the second course came out 1 hour and 25 minutes after the first course. Hadtheater tickets for a 3 PM performance. Barely scoffed down entree, had dessert packed to go. Second time dining there, our first experience was exactly the opposite. Food came out too quickly with entree arriving at the table before we could possibly finish the first course. This was on a busy Saturday evening. Seems that the kitchen needs help with timing.
- Not a great experiencefunofmortonsDined on 5/7/2013We have heard of Alfredo as one of the best italian restaurants, featuring the famous fetuccine Alfredo's. The environment was too informal for the type of dinner we were having, the service was poor and the food was nothing special; it was OK, but I would not rank this as a good italiant restaurant, nor would I recommend it to a friend.
- Al-most Heaven Al-fredo!!!Alfredolover1Dined on 4/30/2013The best fettuccine Alfredo I've ever eaten (and I've lived in Italy)!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Place to Take Out-of-TownersMurrowNYCVIPDined on 4/24/2013This is a nice, comfortable, cozy Rockefeller Plaza-area mainstay. A nice place to take out-of-towners. The food is tasty and comforting, but not extraordinary. The wine list is respectable, but not outstanding. The ambiance is all right, but now awe-inspiring. All in all, I recommend Alfredo for occasions when you need or want to be near Rockefeller Plaza, with guests who will consider the food phenomenal because they don't know how amazing New York restaurant menus can be.Special Features:
- My wife has multiple foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/20/2013My wife has multiple food allergies and they were able to accomadate her with no problem. The food was fresh.
- Staff members were friendly2ofusDined on 4/13/2013Staff members were friendly and courteous. Food was average and over priced.
- A Reliable Meal...Every TimeStick66VIPDined on 4/11/2013Always a treat to eat here. I come here for both business and family diners. Great for dates as well! The food is fantastic...try the Fettucine Alfredo. Out of this world! Service was very good, and my clients were very happy with my choice. Mario will take good care of you. As always, I'll be back.Special Features:
- Alfredo's of Rome is not quiteOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 4/6/2013Alfredo's of Rome is not quite the same as eating in Rome of course, but then Rockefeller Plaza is not in Rome either! So when I'm going to be attending an event at Radio City Music Hall or doing something in the general vicinity I make a reservation at Alfredo's of Rome because I know that the Artichoke Appetizer is going to be a delight! As Italian restaurants go this one is not quite as vegetarian friendly as others (Alfredo, pomodoro and of course they will make up a pizza too), but the menu has a nice variety of competent, reliable and good dishes. The pastas,and the risottos are cooked and seasoned perfectly. I had the special risotto, lobster and zucchini and it was just yummy!Special Features:
- Great food, the Alfredo isMikeDined on 3/31/2013Great food, the Alfredo is world class. We only go on special occasions as the price is very high for Italian food, but considering the location, its not surprising.Special Features:
- Good for a Mid-town lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/29/2013Good for a Mid-town lunch meeting. Been coming here for years. Consistent, good service and very good food. Quiet enough to have a business lunch. Nice atmosphere.Special Features:
- Great food and better service,ourOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/28/2013Great food and better service,our server Angostino was great and friendly
- The food was good but overpriced.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/27/2013The food was good but overpriced. The service was friendly but very slow. The server said the kitchen was backed up but tables seated after us were served before us. It took an hour to recieve our main course and we did not have a starter. The tables were close together and the servers kept running into the back of my chair each time they passes our table.Special Features:
- Don't waste your money!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/27/2013This was the worst restaurant experience. The Fettucine Alfredo, their specialty, was dry and tasteless. The lasagna was inedible it was so bad. The wait staff was inattentive, even though it was early and there were not very many customers. The prices were high, considering the total lack of quality in the food. The art deco decor was tired looking. I would not recommend this restaurant to anyone!
- Look where you are going!JCruVIPDined on 3/27/2013Our server kept bumping on my chair which was pretty annoying!
- Slow service, pretty good foodMoxieMangoDined on 3/22/2013For the price, the service was just plain slow. No sense of urgency whatsoever. It was the kind of slow when you find yourself looking around hoping to make eye contact with at least someone to help... Food was pretty good. Location was good, as we were going ice skating at the Rock afterward. This was our second time dining here over two NYC trips...I think we'll dine elsewhere next time...
- Pasta dishes better than fish.OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 3/20/2013Pasta dishes better than fish. Overall, quite good. Would go again.Special Features:
- Good for a business meeting.BusinessLuncherVIPDined on 3/20/2013Good for a business meeting. Ravioli was good, a little too salty but still good. Seat was kind of ripped and kitchsy-looking for such an expensive restaurant, but that's me being critical because this was a biz meeting.Special Features:
- We went on a COLD Sunday evening.RichVIPDined on 2/17/2013We went on a COLD Sunday evening. The play was not crowded, but it took longer than usual to get our food. That was OK though because we weren't in a rush to get back out in the cold. The salads were enjoyable and the Fettucine Alfredo was excellent like always. The prices are a bit expensive for what it is, but we always enjoy the meal.Special Features:
- Great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/15/2013This place was recommended to me by a friend. Everything was fantastic. My only complaint was it took forever to leave. When I finished my food, we say for about 20 minutes before I was able to flag down my waitress. Dinner was last on the things to do that night but if we had other plans I might have been upset.Special Features:
- The restaurant was nice, serversOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2013The restaurant was nice, servers were amicable and fast. My boyfriend and I ate the three course meal and they were on time serving our plates. The food on the other hand was ok. Appetizer was fettuccine alfredo, their signature, but it wasn't that great. The smell was strong, maybe because I am not a fan of smelly cheeses. Second course was lasagna, which was better but just ok. Third course was a chocolate soufflé, which I can say trying it for the first time wasn't bad. Overall experience nice place to visit at least once just to see if you will go again. Just try it and have fun. Bill was $150.00 by the way.Special Features:
- The Aflredo wasnt as goodTobuscusVIPDined on 2/12/2013The Aflredo wasnt as good as one would think. The osso bucco was thoughSpecial Features:
- SkipOpenTable Diner Since 2000VIPDined on 2/7/2013On the way in no one offered to check my coat. Server was dismissive to those int he party she did not believe we're paying the bill. Signature fettuccine Alfredo was not impressive.
- Nothing special.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/19/2013Nothing special here. Very tight seating, food was ordinary. Limited menu.
- Nothing was bad per say butOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/19/2013Nothing was bad per say but I have definitely experienced better food
- The food was very good andSanchezVIPDined on 1/16/2013The food was very good and the service was okay. I ordered Lasagna and it was pretty good but nothing to write home about. The dessert was expensive at $15 for a very small sliver of cake and a tiny ball of ice cream. Overall an okay experience.
- Jumped the sharkOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/5/2013We've eaten at Alfredo's numerous times over the years before/after taking in a show and have usually been quite pleased. This time however, we were seated in the loud bar area (not conducive to conversation) and were practically ignored by the wait staff, needing to ask multiple times for water, bread, etc. Our appetizers were late coming out and then followed up too quickly with our main courses, which were not hot. The plate of fettuccini Alfredo that we traditionally order to share was smaller than usual and very dry, lacking the eponymous sauce.
- The food was good, not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/2/2013The food was good, not great - but the service was really lovely. We went with our 84 year old in-laws and asked for a quiet table. They put un in a corner booth in the back room that was cozy. The front of the restaurant is more lively, so there is something for everyone.Special Features:
- For starters, the waiter didn'tOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/29/2012For starters, the waiter didn't even tell us his name or ask us if we wanted drinks...he said "ready?". And our food was horrible...I mean horrible. All four of us agreed it was the worst restaurant experience in our lives.
- Would go back!KarenBelleDined on 12/29/2012Waiter was a bit "quick"...didn't seem to want to take the time! Food was excellent...a bit disappointed in the limited menu selections. Overall, good time and great ambiance for a "holiday" meal right around the corner from the tree!Special Features:
- Good StuffOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/28/2012The food was great but the service wasn't. The bus boys and workers who come around taking plates and filling water glasses were excellent, my water glass was never empty but the actual waiter was not. Waited 10 minutes to get a menu and ordered a Sprite which never came. Our waiter only came to the table 3 times. First to bring the menus, came back to take the order, came back a last time with the check. (Wasnt in eye-sight when the food came which would have been a problem if our order was wrong). The place was busy but I was able to see him working the register and putting in orders. Seating is nice and overall it's a great place to go out to eat but the service from my specific waiter was sub par.Special Features:
- Great pasta, semi-rude waiter.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/27/2012Great pasta, semi-rude waiter. Very pricey but doesn't feel like an expensive restaurant, but hey I guess it's worth it since the pasta's amazing.Special Features:
- When we booked the reservation,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/27/2012When we booked the reservation, we were given a children's menu but none existed when we ate dinner. The food was not very good at all. The location was amazing - seemed like more of a tourist trap than good dining.
- Been here a few times; thisOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 12/25/2012Been here a few times; this time on Christmas for lunch. It was ok, touristy - but that was to be expected. The waiter wouldn't take requests for a different side to my dad's fish order, as he said the kitchen was too busy. Um, ok. Otherwise, it was fine.
- Fettuccini Alferdo was awful.OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 12/25/2012Fettuccini Alferdo was awful. Flavorless and sauce too thick. No served hot enough. Dessert was fabulous and house Chardonnay very food. Service was slow and it took forever to get check Better for drinks and nibbles than dinner.
- Food was great, except Alfredo`sOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/24/2012Food was great, except Alfredo`s spaghetti was too strong cheese taste and less salt.Special Features:
- Not for a hungry oneOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/24/2012Food was good. And so was the service. But with you are really hungry (and wants more than just a fine ambience), that's not the place. The ravioli has just five pieces, e.g.
- They should update the onlineOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/23/2012They should update the online menu so the pricing is consistant with the actual menu pricing at the restaurant, as it is higher than the online menu, or put a disclaimer on it. Food was very good, except one of the three portions were very small, service was good considering how busy they were.
- The reviews against this restaurantRichVIPDined on 12/23/2012The reviews against this restaurant are not fair. It is crowded and expensive, but the food is good, and the waitestaff are pleasant and efficient. Now to be fair, we get the Fettucine Alfredo everytime, but why would you get anything else? The desserts are great too.Special Features: