4515 Willard Avenue
Chevy Chase, MD 20815Neighborhood:
Chevy Chase, DC
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.alfios.com/index.html
- Phone: 3016579133
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact the restaurant for more information.
- Private Party Contact: Taso 3016579133
A word from Alfio's
Alfio's Northern Italian Cuisine has been serving the Washington, DC metro area for the past 22 years. Alfio's takes pride in providing an enjoyable dinning experience, from our friendly staff to our gourmet Italian dishes. Welcome to Alfio'sContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Alfio's reviews from OpenTable diners
- basic Italian-American fareOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 6/3/2013Decent service, good basic food. Not fancy but very convenient. Valet parking is a good feature. Nice outdoor seating area in good weather.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed!AnneDined on 2/16/2013Alfio's was a favorite spot when I was young (30 years ago!) I was back in Chevy Chase and thought we would give it a try. What a disappointment! The food was mediocre at best and the waitress was awful. When I asked about wine because no wine list was provided, she informed me that I could choose from "red or white". I finally was able to pull a few choices out of her and then received a small glass of what was clearly box wine. I ordered a chicken breast grilled with olive oil, lemon and oregano. What I got was a huge, flat piece of chicken with burnt oregano all over it. There was no lemon anywhere. It was served with a side of uninspired pasta. I should have known it was going to be bad when we walked in and saw a salad bar!
- The Dover Sole was excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/13/2013The Dover Sole was excellent -and has been a draw for usSpecial Features:
- They greeted our party ofHarveyDined on 12/15/2012They greeted our party of 8 profusely. They had out table ready. Service was excellent, and food was good.Special Features:
- This was the first time ICorgidog59Dined on 12/8/2012This was the first time I have been back to Alfio's in like 20 years. Food was very good but both my appetizer and main course were served warm and not hot. This is why I rated the food 3 stars and not higher. The restaurant was full so that was a good sign. They do have valet parking which makes things so much easier as parking is not readily available on the street.Special Features:
- It is a very comfortable placeOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/19/2012It is a very comfortable place for anyone who just wants to relax and enjoy good food.Special Features:
- Dover sole and trout stuffedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/24/2012Dover sole and trout stuffed with spinach were tops, really couldn't have been better Hats off to Alfios Ambassador and mrs Richard carlsonSpecial Features:
- Alfio's has a great saladSusanVIPDined on 6/1/2012Alfio's has a great salad bar, which includes mortadella, provolone, and salami. You can always get the salad bar for the main course and make a sandwich for an inexpensive dinner. Or, you can't go wrong with the more traditional Italian dishes, like linguine with sausage and peppers or spaghetti and meatballs. They also make a good drink.Special Features:
- A Surprising FindSSNativeDined on 4/28/2012My wife and I took out my dad and his wife while they were in town visiting. We came across Alfio's at the very last minute and had not thought ahead of time about it or researched it at all. The restaurant was fairly small and did not have a large dining area. The dining room was full of older people and the bar was empty. We were a little cautious upon being seating. However, the food was surprisingly outstanding. I had some kind of charcoal chicken that was very good. Everyone else's meals were also good. The desert was a little sub-par, but the apps and dinner were very good.Special Features:
- We were looking for "traditional"OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/10/2012We were looking for "traditional" Italian food and found it here. Probably not for foodies, but great for a kid from New Jersey.Special Features:
- Fantastic Alfredo SauceKDCTDined on 1/26/2012Excellent Italian food!! The Alfredo sauce is the best I have ever tasted...including during my trip to Italy!!!Special Features:
- Comfort Food / Wonderful ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 1/22/2012Always a great evening. Food good, service always wonderful - a place we will return to time and time again!Special Features:
- Nice salad bar. GenerousA20815Dined on 1/14/2012Nice salad bar. Generous and delicious menu. specials wel-priced.Special Features:
- Traditional FavoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/15/2011An old family favorite. Dependably good food and service. Love it! Will come back time and time again!!!Special Features:
- Large portions of very goodGinahiDined on 10/16/2011Large portions of very good food. Excellent salad bar. Great service.Special Features:
- a neighborhood gemA20815Dined on 9/18/2011very pleasant and excellent service.good salad bar.relatively quietdinner was very good with the exception of the callamari which should have been cooked a little more.Special Features:
- Very tasty entree's and qualityOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/27/2011Very tasty entree's and quality service. We loved the old world yet somewhat kitzchy decor. Salad "bar" underwhelming however and table bread could have been improved in that it was a less than fresh - warming up before serving might help as well.
- Always a great time at thisOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/9/2011Always a great time at this friendly neighborhood place. Comfort Italian food! Great service!!!Special Features:
- Love the place. Salmon terrific,OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/24/2011Love the place. Salmon terrific, pasta dish tasty, veal as well. We'll be back again and again.Special Features:
- The food was very ordinaryJackDined on 6/18/2011The food was very ordinary and the wine list was woefully inadequate.
- Been going here for years.OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/14/2011Been going here for years. It's our comfort Italian food restaurant. Familiar menu, nice unusual salad bar, enjoyable, personable staff.Special Features:
- Overall good classic Italian.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/8/2011Overall good classic Italian. Friendly, ok service (forgot my second glass of wine), good food overall. Reasonable prices. Spaghetti as a side dish with marinara sauce should be avoided (soft spaghetti with tasteless marinara). Nice renaissance decor. Pleasant enough.Special Features:
- Sad to say we had a terribleDuckieVIPDined on 5/3/2011Sad to say we had a terrible experience. With 2 toddlers we were seated at 6:15 and didn't get out before 8. Restaurant served a loud, rude tour bus that arrived after us first. Waitress warned of "hot plate" then put it right next to child. House wine was not drinkable.
- Good neighborhood restaurant.GreatVIPDined on 4/23/2011Good neighborhood restaurant. Represents a good value for the quality of food. Service has always been very good.
- Yummerz!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/8/2011I have been to Alfio's on many lunch occasions and they have catered to my office several times. It is the BEST Italian food in all of the DMV area! Their ingredients make you feel like the "Eat" portion of "Eat Pray Love". Their cheese and sauce is so flavorful and fresh. I still do not understand how they can make wood fired pizza taste so amazing. However, I did not have such a pleasant experience with our server. The person had an attitude. Luckily the trumped the service on this particular night. Fortunately, this type of service is a rarity and I will still recommend this restaurant. The locals into eh area know about it, but others should experience it as well.Special Features:
- This was the first time thatOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/24/2011This was the first time that we went for dinner to Alfios'and we were very pleasantly surprised. The food was very good, the restaurant quiet and the service adequate. The salad bar had a lot of choices of fresh ingredients with a variety of meat and cheese. The warm meal (veal), side vegetables and pasta were perfect. The wine was great. We will certainly return.Special Features:
- Give your review a title (optional)KDCTDined on 3/2/2011Our third evening at Alfio's in the past month...just a pleasure to dine there! Outstanding Italian food!!Special Features:
- Simple with some old-styleOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 2/21/2011Simple with some old-style Italian kitch. Service is great and the owner is so welcoming. Good salad bar and great lunch specials.Special Features:
- Give your review a title (optional)KDCTDined on 2/16/2011Absolutelu outstanding Italian food at an incredibly modest price!! Dinner for 2 without alcohol is easily less than $50...appetizer, salad, entree, and dessert. We will be back again!Special Features:
- Had not been to Alfio's forPastaBeaVIPDined on 2/14/2011Had not been to Alfio's for over 30 years. The food was very well prepared and as tasty as I remembered it to be. The salad/antipasta bar was well stocked with meats, cheese and vegetable selections. The service was lacking. There were times that the wait between our waiter's visits seemed everlasting and the restaurant was not crowded.Special Features:
- Italian-American food, a throwbackOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 1/29/2011Italian-American food, a throwback to the '60s, and not in a good way.
- Give your review a title (optional)KDCTDined on 1/29/2011We just returned from a trip to Italy...Alfio's red sauce & alfredo sauce were the best we have ever tastasted!! Just outstanding flavors! And, Alfio's is extremely reasonably priced! Dinner for 2....less than $50! We will be going back to Alfio's!Special Features:
- Hosted a special retirementLidoLouVIPDined on 12/13/2010Hosted a special retirement dinner with about 10 people. Started with drinks and appetizers at Alfio's beautifully refurbished bar area...we left the bar for a private area within the restaurant which was set up in advance per our special request. All raved about their great meals (Veal Piccata with Lemon Butter Sauce, Fresh Mushrooms & Capers and Veal Saltimbocca alla Romana, Pasta with Clams and Frutti di Mare among others) and some house wine (Chianti). Thanks to Tasios and Jimmy, and staff for a great evening!Special Features:
- This restaurant has been aroundToCCResidentVIPDined on 12/4/2010This restaurant has been around for a long while. Its virtue as far as our household is concerned lies in its early bird special menu. Its clientele is primarily elderly, with a lot of people being regulars from the apartment building that houses the restaurant. The valet parking is a virtue in Friendship Heights.Special Features:
- The food was very good andJohnDined on 11/13/2010The food was very good and the waiting not too long. The waiter who seated us did not take our name. I don't know if we got any points for having been there.Special Features:
- Tucked in an apartment building,DCfoodie1VIPDined on 11/12/2010Tucked in an apartment building, with free valet parking in Chevy Chase, this is a good place on a busy Friday night. Slightly odd salad bar, but really good pasta and fried calamari. Gnocchi was home-made and tasty. Spagetti and meatballs was good. Delicious chocolate mousse. It is an old crowd, but easy to get in and good.Special Features:
- This was our first time eatingAndreaKVIPDined on 11/6/2010This was our first time eating in this restaurant and we really enjoyed it. Had a wonderful dish - Frutti di Mare - which I would definitely order again. Salad bar should be updated to reflect today's preferences and the veal dish that my husband had wasn't great, but definitely worth a return. Lovely atmosphere, too - very much like Italian restaurants that I remember while growing up in NYC in the '60s and '70s.Special Features:
- Lovely place for a familyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/23/2010Lovely place for a family meal. Welcoming with very good service.Special Features:
- Looks can be deceiving. TheRobFromDCVIPDined on 7/31/2010Looks can be deceiving. The food is generally the star at Alfios. They offer all of the Italian standards. We especially like the salad bar and the rum cake.Special Features: