3401 New Jersey Avenue
Wildwood, NJ 08260Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.alfesinwildwood.com/
- Phone: 6097295755
- Hours of Operation:
Summer Hours: Lunch: Monday – Saturday: 11:00am – 4:00pm; Dinner: Daily: 4:00pm – 2:00am Winter Hours: Lunch: Monday – Saturday: 11:00am – 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm – Midnight, Friday – Saturday: 4:00pm – 2:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Alfe's can accommodate up to 150 guests. Please call for details.
- Private Party Contact: Kathleen Santilli 6097295755
- Entertainment: 70's to current live music with various artists. Please see www.alfesrestaurant.net for specific artists. Friday - Saturday plus Sunday during summer.
A word from Alfe's Restaurant
Alfe's has been serving the Wildwoods the best of Italian cuisine since 1985, during this period the same family has operated this Wildwood landmark. Alfe's strives to maintain the high standards of quality & consistency that was offered from their 1985 opening.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeighborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Alfe's Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Wildwood ›
Alfe's Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
41 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (24)neighborhood gem (22)good for groups (21)fit for foodies (16)romantic (13)kid-friendly (8)hot spot (7)great for outdoor dining (4)late-night find (3)great for lunch (2)notable wine list (2)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- Always great food!LoveditDined on 7/10/2014Every year we look forward to visting Alfe's! It's the highlight of our dining experiences!Special Features:
- We go for the Vealbdjrln7Dined on 6/15/2014Have been going here for 20+ years. We specifically order either the Veal Patricia or the Veal Jackie. These are two signature dishes. The veal is always very tender and the seafood topping is delicious. Both dishes have a seafood topping containing shrimp and scallops cooked to perfection. The Patricia sauce has tarragon (my favorite) and mushrooms. The Jackie (my wife's favorite) has tomatoes (diced), mushrooms and basil. We don't care for the tomato (marinara?) sauce here, it is too acidic for our taste. The wines by the glass are quite good. The prices are under $25 for the veal and less for other dishes. they also offer several fresh fish dishes every day. We are told they are very good.Special Features:
- Great Wildwood RestaurantSeashoreDiamondsVIPDined on 6/14/2014Alfe's never disappoints. Food is great. Service is great. Weekends are alway lively with entertainment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MikeDined on 6/7/2014Have been coming here for many years, have always liked it here. Was in wildwood for the weekend. Came to ladies and they hit it out of the park. Best meal I have ever had here. Good job.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KutchDined on 5/31/2014The food was really amazing! It's hard to get in in the summer with the crowds. Very good!Special Features:
- Best Italian SeafoodShellyDined on 5/30/2014Our service was wonderful! Food fantastic. I had Veal Scallopini and my husband mixed scallops, clams, shrimp, calamari over linguine. Portions were large with a delicious homestyle salad. For groups of four and under, we were seated in a very romantic, quite room, decorated in grape vines and a real Italy feel, white table linens, candles, dim lights. An adjacent room was much larger hosting tables of six to 20. This room was noisier, with a filled capacity of happy diners. There was also live music which could be heard in our room. The menu offers many seafood dishes. The night we visited you could have six different fish dishes cook to your liking. Recommended by locals, on site parking, a must visit for that Italien Seafood Lover!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok this time not the best!MelissaDined on 5/26/2014Chicken pram tasted very fishy and sauce was a bit tart I do dine here frequently but after Mondays food I would keep it on the back burner! Waiter was excellent though!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/25/2014I have been to Alfies multiple times and have never had a bad experience. The staff is always very friendly and the food is superb. Their house salad is to die for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PartyPattyMDDined on 5/24/2014Very good food at reasonable prices. Steak specials were priced too high though ($41). Service was a little long in between intermezzo and entrees. And then a rush to move us out. But it's Memorial Day weekend and you can't expect perfection. This is still one of the best on the island.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best filet!mfspadaDined on 5/24/2014I had the most delicious filet Ive ever tasted.Whenever Im at the shore,Alfes it is! Always delicious no matter what I order, seafood,steak or pasta!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always good foodQueenMJDined on 5/24/2014Whenever we are at the shore, Alfie's is a must! Food always good, service usually good depends if it is a holiday. We were there on Saturday, no issue, we had reservations. Seated immediately. Love the veal Jacki style! The salad is outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not so greatOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/24/2014Food was very average in general, and antipasto salad was way too heavy on salami and cheese, house dressing is very oily and garlicky.
- Great Restaurant in North Wildwood.MonicaDined on 5/10/2014Our family has been dining at Alfe's Restaurant for the past 19 years. We happen to stumble across it one year while vacationing in Wildwood, and have continued the tradition of returning each year while on vacation, as well as, making a stop or two during the course of the year. The staff is friendly, the service is great, and the food is always delicious, especially starting with the house salad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Alfie'sjrl1211Dined on 5/10/2014Although we had to wait after our reservation time, the food made up for it! I took my mother in law for Mother's Day and she enjoyed it very much. Everything was spectacular!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant shore spotGkienzDined on 5/10/2014Everything here was ok, and that is really the problem. Ordered Clams on the half shell and we were not sure how fresh they were. Ordered an eggplant parm appetizer and it seemed to have been frozen and just reheated. That having been said, the house veal special was very good and mother loved the coconut shrimp.Special Features:
- Work Dinner... a bit disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/6/2014I took my staff to Alfie's for a dinner out because of it's proximity to the bowling alley. The prices were a bit more than moderate, but the food left much to be desired. Evidently, the are known for their veal, but I had the chicken parm, a dish hard to mess up. I only ate two bites. The salad however was tasty along with the appetizers we had for the table. The server was fantastic and everyone in the restaurant had a welcoming attitude, 5 for service. Other diners stated they enjoyed their food, so I'll give them a three overall.
- consistentreneeDined on 5/3/2014we have absolutely NEVER had a bad meal in this restaurant...no one that we have recommended alfe's to has ever been not thrilled. what more can you ask for consistently excellent food and service and bartenders and family.Special Features:
- Would go againFoodieDined on 5/3/2014Decor outdated. The server we had did not listen too well when we ordered our main course and the wrong meal came out, but he was friendly. We would go again and also recommend to others but, they over fry there fried fish dinners. I would either not get fried or tell them a lighter fry.Special Features:
- The following 165 reviews are from the Alfe's Restaurant reviews archive.
- Great Wildwood RestaurantSeashoreDiamondsVIPDined on 4/19/2014Alfe's is a terrific restaurant. Never had a bad meal meal there. Food was great. Our waiter Steve was terrific. He was very attentive and catered to all our needs very timely. Rose Alfe runs a first class operation.Special Features:
- Great Food!MazzVIPDined on 4/19/2014The place was buzzing! It was the Saturday before Easter and the place was packed. The provolone/roast pepper/soppressatta platter was very large...I couldn't finish it! The House salad...Excellent with the "secret dressing"! And the veal Jackie was unbelievable...and I don't even like seafood (you have to see it to get what I mean!). The veal was tender and the seafood on top was very fresh...It is the signature dish. Our Server, Michael, was right on top of everything and took great care of us. This was our third time there and we will be back. They also have live entertainment starting at 9PM. This place is a must.Special Features:
- We had a very nice dinnerluv2eatDined on 4/10/2014We had a very nice dinner at Alfe's. We ordered from the Sunset Dinner menu. Although the food was very good we found that the chicken used in the chicken parmesan meal was a bit overcooked and the edges were actually burned a bit. One person in our party of 4 ordered a different meal and that one was just fine. The service was just great. Our waiter, Roger, was very attentive and stopped by often to make sure we were doing ok. We plan on going there again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at Alfe'shbruceDined on 3/21/2014We live in North Jersey 35 minutes from NYC, no shortage of great Italian restaurants. We were in Cape May- Wildwood area and could not find an Italian restaurant we were happy with. We found it now! Homemade Homemade Homemade! Great server! A definite stop for us when we are in South Jersey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious homemade pastaBobKDined on 3/15/2014This was our first dining experience at Alfe's and we were very pleased with the food. The homemade gnocchi were delicious and the tomato sauce was top notch. It was one of the best Italian meals that we have had at the shore.Special Features:
- Alfe's RestaurantWildwoodDined on 11/16/2013We visited this restaurant on a Saturday evening in late November. I found the food to be well prepared but the entrees were very overpriced. I ordered Chicken Marsala and was charged $23.50 for this type of entree which came with a side of linguini. I asked the waiter if I could change the pasta to a penne pasta - but was told that would be an extra charge of $1.00 to do so. This is crazy. Chicken is so fairly priced and to be charged such a high amount for two small pieces of chicken with a Marsala sauce is extreme. I have never eaten here in all my years of going to the Jersey shore - and found it to be very over-priced.
- ExcellentMenzanoDined on 11/16/2013Excellent as always!!! Great good with great family and friends!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the foodNannyMoeDined on 11/16/2013We were looking for a good Italian restaurant for a home-style meal, and we found Alfe's. So glad we did. thanks for a great meal. Will go again whenever we are down the shore.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Husband left hungryhammertimeDined on 11/3/2013I have had the opportunity to frequent this establishment through the past thirty years being a local resident. Alfes has always been a favorite on our list of places to go for special dining,but for the last couple of years quantity has been a problem. If you are going to charge 24.95 for stuffed flounder,you should atleast receive two and not one small one with a potato. My mothers veal parm was the size of a small envelope no joke!! Quality and service was five star.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thursday night quiet dinnerTime2eatDined on 10/24/2013My husband and I decided to go to Alfe last minute on a Thursday evening in late October. We were able to get reservations and had a lovely quiet dinner. It was just what we needed. Our servicer suggested we try the stuffed long hot peppers, they were wonderful....we are actual trying to figure out the ingredents so we can try them at home! We have been to Alfe's many times and it always great!Special Features:
- DisappointedBobbyVIPDined on 10/19/2013We had dinner at this restaurant last weekend after reading some good reviews. It was not an acceptable experience. The service was poor. Our waitress, Kelly, provided some of the worst service we have seen in quite a while. After ordering we realized she never mentioned the specials. Plates were not cleared appropriately. She dumped what looked like a tiny cup of butter with a spoon in front of me after the salad and silently ran off. She comes back later wondering why I didn't eat it. It was only then that she told me it was lemon sorbet. Water was not refilled. She took good care of her table of 8 however. Hope they tipped you better than my 10%, Kelly. You were lucky for thst much. The food was average, overpriced. Won't be back.
- We were staying in Cape MayJandKDined on 10/12/2013We were staying in Cape May and had the seafood and steak the 2 previous nights and wanted Italian on our last night. This restaurant It was recommended to us by a hotel guest. The food was absolutely outstanding. Portions were a good size. Only downfall is if your looking for a quiet place to eat this is not it. We went during a rainy night on Columbus day weekend so we were able to get a table very quickly.Special Features:
- Always Good and ConsistantPrincessDined on 10/5/2013Alfies is always good and very consistant. Never had a bad meal hear.Special Features:
- Average at a HIGH priceLovestodineVIPDined on 10/1/2013The food was good but there are better ..even in Wildwood. We eat out daily and were shocked at the prices they charge for average food with average atmosphere. I can rattle off 3 or 4 local restaurants offering better Italian food at much lower prices. (Ninos, Piros, Ravioli House). What can I say? There is no reason other than they are often the only thing open this time of the year or late night. I guess it's a convenience charge. Our bill was over $80 for 2 people eating PASTA...no dessert and only 1 glass of wine. We won't be returning any time soon.Special Features:
- AwesomeMenzanoDined on 9/21/2013My husband and myself celebrated our 11th wedding anniversary at Alfe's on Saturday and it was wonderful as always, we had some other choices on our list to go to but decided everytime we go to Alfes its always great, so let's just go there, and once again everything was wonderful!!! Thank You!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We go to Alfe's every timeOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/19/2013We go to Alfe's every time we're in Wildwood. As always, the food was excellent and the service attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wait staff was great. VeryOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/13/2013Wait staff was great. Very enjoyable experience. We love that they serve full dinner late eveningSpecial Features:
- Decent food. Outstanding serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/11/2013I got raviolis with sausage. Sausage had a hint of heat. Ravioli were from the ravioli house and ok but nothing spectacular. Wife got mahi mahi prepared with the special sauce. The name escapes me but it had crab meat, shrimp and scallops. She loved everything but the fish because it was over cooked. Salad was crisp and flavor was good. Server was Rodger who was very attentive, friendly and helpful. I read the reviews about service and based on the two servers I saw, I wouldn't worry. The owner wasn't over the top welcoming but was more reserved. May be just her personality but Roger more than made up for that. I'd recommend for a nice, romantic dinner.Special Features:
- We wern't disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/1/2013What a great little Italian restaurant. After a long day on the beach, it was relaxing to sit down and enjoy a delicous dinner without all the noise andcomotion of other tourist trap places. reasonablly price quality meals and servers didn't rush to get you out the door and flip the table. Would definitely go againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Alfe's Always GreatBoomers500Dined on 8/30/2013It had been about 15 years since my last visit. Place was crowded, good service, excellent food. Great for dining with the family or a romantic dinner. Frank Sinatra music wafts in from the bar and makes you want to dance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at Alfe/sPattiDined on 8/29/2013WE enjoyed our scrumptious meal. Service was outstanding, but we had to wait for each portion of our meal. Apparently kitchen was very backed up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic dining!!RickandTraceyDined on 8/29/2013We go to Alfe's every year when we go to Wildwood. We have always had a fantastic meal and service. I would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.