64 Fulton St
New York, NY 10038Neighborhood:
Middle EasternPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.alfanoose.com/
- Phone: 2125284669
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: Hours: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 10:00pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Middle Eastern, Lebanese
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
A word from Alfanoose
Alfanoose was founded in 1999 by Mouhamad Shami in New York City's Financial District. Shami is a lover of authentic Middle Eastern cuisine and a purist at heart. Alfanoose came about, mainly because of his disappointment in finding true Syrian/Lebanese food in New York.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Alfanoose reviews from OpenTable diners
1 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance1Noise LevelEnergetic
- TerribleOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/12/2014This is a walk-up dine-in counter, not a full service restaurant. Was 90 degrees inside with no A/C. Terrible experience. Took reservations even though they knew full well there was no such thing.
- Great Lebanese Food!LaurenDined on 12/27/2013Six of us went for lunch at al Fanoose, not being well-versed in Lebanese cuisine. The man at the counter helped create a sampler of six offerings. They all were delicious! This little gem is worth seeking out in the financial district, a short walk from the 9/11 memorial. We have already told friends about al Fanoose and we'll return when we are in NYC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great little place; wonderfulSnKGDined on 9/25/2013Great little place; wonderful service, tasty food and good value for money.Special Features:
- Surprising find, althoughMandBVIPDined on 6/24/2013Surprising find, although why is Alfanoose on Open Table since it really is not a sit-down restaurant. Rather, you wait on line to order food, wait for your number to be called, then take your food to a table to eat. Surprisingly, the food was good. Delicious humus and good schwarma.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but served on styrofoamOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/9/2012Great food but served on styrofoam plates with plastic cutlery. No alcahol on sale. Great value.
- Shouldn't Be on OpenTableOpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 10/15/2012Alfanoose really shouldn't be on OpenTable. It's not a sit-down restaurant with table service, and the idea of a reservation at a place where you walk up to the cash register to order is ridiculous. The food is pretty good Middle Eastern fast food fare (i.e., falafel, shawarma, etc.), but this visit it was more lackluster than in my previous visits.
- Shawarma with seatingchristoVIPDined on 9/1/2012This is your typically Shawarma spot with seating spaces. Good food thought.