Alexandra's at Turf Valley
2700 Turf Valley Road
Ellicott City, MD 21042Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Alexandra's at Turf Valley
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.alexandrasrestaurant.com/
- Phone: (410) 480-2400
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily: 7:00am - 11:00am; Sunday Brunch: 11:00am-3:00pm Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Nightly: 5:00pm-9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Chef Russel Svoboda
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Alexandra's at Turf Valley
Open to the public, Alexandra's Restaurant is located in the heart of The Hotel at Turf Valley, in a beautiful setting overlooking the impeccably manicured golf greens. Alexandra's talented Executive Chef Russ Svoboda invites you to delight in mouthwatering menu selections featuring inspired reinventions of classic regional specialties, as well as a variety of traditional favorites.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Alexandra's at Turf Valley reviews from OpenTable diners
33 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (18)scenic view (10)great for outdoor dining (9)romantic (9)neighborhood gem (9)good for groups (8)great for brunch (8)fit for foodies (7)notable wine list (4)great for lunch (4)late-night find (3)kid-friendly (2)vibrant bar scene (2)hot spot (1)Show More
- The food was ok. The serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/8/2010The food was ok. The service was horrible. You appear to not receive good service after turning in your groupon. This was the second time I went and the service was horrible the first time as well. We went back to see if we would have a better time and unfortuna tely we did not. We will not be returming!
- We had made a mistake withOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/8/2010We had made a mistake with the time of our reservation and the hotel worked very hard to accomodate our party of 4. We had a wonderful brunch!Special Features:
- I love Alexandra's at TurfOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/1/2010I love Alexandra's at Turf Valley. I have been there many times. This time the service and the food was a little different. All of my past experience the waiter has been just wonderful, overly attentive. This time the waiter I never hardly saw (John) had he not told us his name so we could yell out for him we may not have gotten any service(a little slow). The food I was a little disappointed in this time also because there are usually homemade waffles and this time that wasn't the case. I still tipped John very well $15.00, but the service actually only deserved about $5.00.Special Features:
- I thoroughly enjoyed the SundayOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/1/2010I thoroughly enjoyed the Sunday Jazz Brunch. The food was fantastic, especially the wonderful crab soup. The only downside is that I would have preferred a more contempory jazz ensemble; the music sounded more like bluegrass than jazz, but it wasn't intolerable. We had seats by the large windows overlooking the fountain and golf course. Simply perfect ambiance for a beautiful Sunday afternoon.Special Features:
- Staff was very accomodating.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/31/2010Staff was very accomodating. We were seated outside with a beautiful view of the golf course. Two other couples were also dining outside but we were completly separated and could ony hear our own conversation. Service was not rushed at all. Our food was excellent........overall a very good experience !Special Features:
- We have dined here often andvalentineVIPDined on 7/30/2010We have dined here often and the quality never varies. Always excellect. We have noticed that more and more of the entrees are coming with sweet sauces or glazes. Unfortunately we can't eat any of these items.
- The service was exceptionalOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/25/2010The service was exceptional and friendly and the food was delicious. This was my first visit to the restaurant and I was very pleased with the pleasant staff and service.Special Features:
- We were very disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/18/2010We were very disappointed in the food. Given the prices, the menu selections are ordinary, the quality of the food average, and the preparations unexciting and unappetizing. The Steak Diane had an inch (or more) thick slab of fat still attached to the meat. Caesar salad with carrots on top instead of anchovies - c'mon. If you want to pay over $25 for a medium size pork chop that is overcooked, Alexandra's is the place for you. Only the prices qualify as "fine dining", not the food.
- Server, Jeff was great! SenseFoodloverVIPDined on 7/11/2010Server, Jeff was great! Sense of humor! Knowledgable! Four different entree's all goodSpecial Features:
- The steak was amazing. CrabcakesjoeyDined on 7/9/2010The steak was amazing. Crabcakes weren't my favorite - too much filler and not enough jumbo lump, a bit slimy but tasty still. Waiter messed up our order in a couple of ways, wasn't around much, wasn't very pleasant, etc etc.Special Features:
- The overall setting and decorSamcroVIPDined on 7/6/2010The overall setting and decor was quite pleasant. Service was average, given that there were only four occupied tables when we arrived. The salmon burger was fishy tasting and was not completely eaten. The rib-eye steak was a little above average but the vegetables were cold. We will go back, but cautiously limit choices to burgers, crab cakes, etc.
- We were not very happy withOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/30/2010We were not very happy with the greeting, service, food, presentation or service. We might as well been at a diner. Even during the week, this place should make everyone feel special. We felt like an opligation. We were there to celebrate our wedding anniversary, and we sent an info email, via OpenTable.com, informing them of this. Our special evening (away from a live-in elderly father) was supposed to be romantic. Instead, it seemed like a night at the local diner. Don't think we will try this again.
- Alexandra's brunch is a wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/27/2010Alexandra's brunch is a wonderful display of food. We were impressed with the shrimp, desserts, beef and soups. However, the line for the omlette station was very long. The omlette is a brunch staple, so I'm uncertain why there was not a better set-up or perhaps two set-ups. When we got the bill, we were surprised because the brunch price was not listed on the sign a we entered the restaurant - only breakfast. It's a good thing we had gift certificates. However, at $28 a person (that's the food and juice), this spot should definatly be listed as $$$ instead of $$. The view of the golf course and fountains at the enterence make this a nice way to start a Sunday.Special Features:
- Atmosphere is very 'hoteltheoldcoupleDined on 6/19/2010Atmosphere is very 'hotel dining room', but that's not a bad thing, just not an intimate restaurant. Dinner selections somewhat limited -- everything we tried was quite good but nothing stood out as 'outstanding'. Prices are average for a hotel. Overall, we had a nice evening.Special Features:
- excellent...This is a wonderfulNellieVIPDined on 6/11/2010excellent...This is a wonderful lace to have lunch or dinner....Special Features:
- Attended Brunch to celebrateDevineDined on 6/6/2010Attended Brunch to celebrate several family events. While the food selection wasn't as good as the previous time (thus the 3 stars), the food that we did have was delicious! Server was willing to leave a caraffe of water so that we didn't have to wait for refills. Server was timely with champagne refills. She even thought to bring me a moist napkin to clean my shrimp spice covered hands! highly recommend the brunch (haven't been for other meals...yet)Special Features:
- Our family had two meals atOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/6/2010Our family had two meals at Alexandra's. At brunch, the food & service were about what was expected for a brunch but left little to be desired for picky eaters. The scrambled eggs, for instance, were cooked with a layer of cheese on top. For those with dairy issues or who just don't like cheese on their eggs, this can be a turn off. Overall, I got my money's worth, but my wife likely did not. For dinner, my wife and I were familiar with the entrees and once again found them to be very good. The crab cakes, as usual, were spot on! No shells and wonderful flavor! I had the duck and found it to have good flavor although a tad overcooked. The service was fair but left me without a drink for some time. Overall, a good but expensive experience.
- The range of food choicesOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/2/2010The range of food choices was surprisingly extensive, in both type of meal and cost, which was great, as we had teenagers with us. The food was delicious. However, the service was very slow even though it was a slow night.Special Features:
- Our experience was terrific!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/30/2010Our experience was terrific! It happen to be Memorial Day weekend and the restaurant was giving part of the proceeds to the USO to support our troops and we were very impressed with this. We got great food while supporting our troops at the same time.Special Features:
- Alexandra's displays a uniqueOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/29/2010Alexandra's displays a unique atmosphere that can be enjoyed by all. As we celebrated a milestone birthday we observed families with children, friends enjoying conversation, and romancing couples sharing a good meal together. The service was impecable. The ambiance relaxing. And the price was comparable to the average eatery. This was our first time visiting. We will definitely be back for other celebrations, and probably even just a meal out. Thank you for a wonderful time.Special Features:
- Atmosphere very nice - foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/21/2010Atmosphere very nice - food was barely mediocre. No taste, no presentation, bland. Water was slow to refill drinks. Pianom music so loud we couldn't hear each other talk. Will never return - food was so much less than expected.
- Everything at Alexandra'sOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/15/2010Everything at Alexandra's was above and beyond - from the detail oriented wait staff to the presentation of the food. By far, the best crab cake in Maryland. The entire staff was was attentive, the menu had something for everyone. Presentation of the food on the plate was like looking at art. The amazing view of the golf course was the perfect compliment to your meal. Kudos to their Executive Chef Bob Clark. I highly recommend folks take in breakfast, lunch or dinner at Alexandra's whether you are a guest at Turf Valley Hotel or not...it is that good.Special Features:
- This was not the first visitOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/1/2010This was not the first visit but as always a pleasure dining here. Quiet, romantic ambiance, great service by very attentive staff and excellent food. With the stunning golf course view nothing could be nicer.Special Features:
- Awesome food, great service,OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/1/2010Awesome food, great service, all around great experience!Special Features:
- Overall a great experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/25/2010Overall a great experience. A bit on the expensive side of the spectrum, but woth it for special ocassions!Special Features:
- Food and service were veryOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/24/2010Food and service were very good. Only negative was the level of noise, both from other patrons and the music...it was way too loud.Special Features:
- Creative, delicious menu choices.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/26/2010Creative, delicious menu choices. The fried asparagus was unusual, a hit with everyone at the table, as were the maple-glazed donut holes, served with a generous helping of a rich dense ice cream. The coffee, however, grew cold while we waited for cream, there was a long unannounced wait for bread (the crab dip didn't have enough bread to serve it with), and the steak arrived cold. But the wait-staff did everything they could to make our visit a nice experience. We think some of the problems may have been with the kitchen? We did enjoy our visit, though, and would recommend the restaurant. It's a beautiful restaurant in an elegant setting with friendly staff.Special Features:
- This was a most enjoyableOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/26/2010This was a most enjoyable experience. Our waiter was respectfully friendly and cheerful, and the service in general was solicitous without being cloying. The atmosphere was pleasant and the food was very good - I had the blackened salmon special which was excellent, although the accompanying wild rice could have used a little seasoning. Our group of 5 shared the crab cake appetizers and all agreed they were scrumptious. Salad greens were crisp and fresh with just the right amount of salad dressing. And the bill was very reasonable. I would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- I brought a date for Valentine'sOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/14/2010I brought a date for Valentine's day and it was the perfect setting. The food was pretty good and the waitress Jennifer was awesome.Special Features:
- This was our Valentines DayOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/14/2010This was our Valentines Day Special Dinner. The service was very slow. We waited at least 15 minutes for our drink, and had to ask for bread to be brought to the table. When we finally received our appetizers they were OK but nothing to write home about. We ordered a filet mignon medium rare and it was brought to the table late and cooked medium well with no taste. Our service was the overwhelming complaint for the evening. To be fair one high point was that they carrier Louis Martini Napa Valley for a reasonable $9/glass. Of course we waited at least 15 minutes for the wine to be delivered still the same this is a decent wine at a reasonable price. Not enough to get us to come back. Thumbs down for Alexanders.
- My wife went to this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2010My wife went to this restaurant for the first, and last, time on Sunday, Feb 14th. We were very much dissatisfied by the whole experience. The "Horseradish crusted Delmonico", as it was labeled, was not a Delmonico by any stretch of the imagination, and the horseradish was lathered about a half inch thick all over the top. The meat was tough, grisly, and tasteless. I've had better steaks at Applebee's. The service was mediocre, but for the built-in 18% tip, it was attrocious.
- Steak was too tough to chew.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2010Steak was too tough to chew. Sent it back and received overcooked rockfish. Not a good eating experience. Service was excellent.
- My wife liked her food. IspeedracerDined on 2/14/2010My wife liked her food. I thought mine had much room for improvement. Steak was very thin for that cut, topping was too over powering.
- We had brunch at Alexandra'ssevcoopVIPDined on 2/14/2010We had brunch at Alexandra's on Valentine's Day with a 1:00 reservation. Seating was prompt and with a buffet, the food is always ready when you are. Good selection of breakfast and lunch dishes - particularly good eggs benedict and roast beef. The one negative was the lack of clean dishes - none at the dessert table and some of the larger brunch plates were not totally clean.... definitely a turnoff. I did see them refill shortly thereafter with cleaner ones. Enjoyed the live jazz. All in all a positive experience - certainly didn't feel rushed. Nice to have a Sunday jazz brunch available in Howard County.
- The restaurant seemed to havejimyDined on 2/14/2010The restaurant seemed to have lost our reservation for Valentine's day brunch, even though I had called to confirm the day before and the hostess swore she had seen our name. As a result, we were seated in a back room which was clearly the "family" room, filled withe small, noisy children. Attention from the wait staff was hard to come by, since we were pretty much out of the mainstream (an %18 gratuity was tacked on to the check, nonetheless). The food was very good, with a large selection to please most everyone. The only downside was the carved roast beef, which was tough and fatty. The best entrees were the omelette station, eggs benedict, and tilapia.Special Features:
- Alexandra's is a good placeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/14/2010Alexandra's is a good place to eat in Howard County particularly on the weekends. When most restaurants are crowded in Columbia and Ellicott City, you can generally get a last minute reservaton at Alexandra's. The food and atmosphere are very pleasant. Sometimes the kitchen is a little slow, but the food is very good.Special Features:
- Staff were very friendly andOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/13/2010Staff were very friendly and attentive. Enjoyed the dinner and atmosphere . . . the jazz trio was a nice touch for a special evening.Special Features:
- We had a wonderful experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/13/2010We had a wonderful experience. My original reservation was for four persons at 6:45pm and I then had to change it to eight persons and could not get the same time. However; I called and they were able to accomodate us. The waiter and dining room manager were very pleasant. The food was delicious and the portions were very nice.Special Features:
- The food was prepared andOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/13/2010The food was prepared and cooked perfectly. The service was also outstanding, the waiter was most attentive and responsive exactly when needed.Special Features:
- My wife and I were hopingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/12/2010My wife and I were hoping Aleaxandra's would be a new spot to visit but were disappointed with the food. My wife said her cream of crab soup was watery and my main course was tasteless. We found the food at breakfast to be of poor quality as well. We won't be returning which is unfortunate as the facility in which it is located is top notch.