Alexandra - NYC
455 Hudson Street
New York, NY 10014Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Alexandra - NYC
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.thealexandrarestaurant.com/
- Phone: 2122553838
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:30pm - 12:00am; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX
- Cuisine: Organic, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Liz Arana
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
A word from Alexandra - NYC
A Modern American Bistro that strives for a balance between creativity and comfort. Most of our ingredients are Organic and come from the Farmer’s Market.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Alexandra - NYC reviews from OpenTable diners
17 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (11)great for outdoor dining (10)fit for foodies (4)romantic (4)great for lunch (3)great for brunch (3)kid-friendly (1)notable wine list (1)hot spot (1)good for groups (1)Show More
- Food was wonderful. Very veryOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/25/2012Food was wonderful. Very very nice small neighborhood place. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Alexandra cozy and outstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/24/2012Alexandra was an amazing experience, the service was great, our server made great recommendations on wines and appetizers, it was a lovely quite christmas eve night, the food was absolutely delicious, my friends were very happy with my choice of place for our special evening. The desserts were incredible, my favorite, the key lime pie ; the upside down pineapple cake was as well outstanding. We all agree it was an amazing cozy place and we will be visiting again.Special Features:
- a perfect neighborhood spotOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 12/1/2012We've been the Alexandra several times and will certainly go back - the service is always friendly and professional, and the food is uniformly very good. It is a perfect neighborhood spot. The only reason I don't give it five stars is that the last time we were there, a party of five in the middle of the very small dining room was talking so loudly that we considered leaving early. Several other tables looked annoyed as well, but management and staff did nothing about it. But as I said, we'll be back and just hope that those people don't return.Special Features:
- We had a party of 6. EveryOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/18/2012We had a party of 6. Every entree and appetizer was outstanding. The service was thoughtful and engaging but not intrusive. We will be back.Special Features:
- A neighborhood standy-by.WVillageresidentVIPDined on 10/16/2012A neighborhood standy-by. Been here many times and they made the menu and the food better! Kept restaurant standards (my hands down favorite grilled calamari, mussels, paella, pork chop) and added pastas, and improved the burger. Always had a great experience.Special Features:
- Good food but really overpricedOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/13/2012Good food but really overpriced for neighborhood restaurant which, although pleasant, has just good, not great, food. Terribly noisy. Good service.
- GREAT PLACE, great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/8/2012Ambiance, food and service were really good. General note for ALL RESTAURANTS. Wines where told to be drank room temperature which was true back in the years when rooms were kept 5 to 10 degrees lower than now. And that was without talking about all the electrical appliances that blow eat in those rooms where wines are kept. Please give yourselves a chances to blowout all the flavors and subtile fragrances of great red wines by chilling them just a wink. Not cold, just ok (between 51.8 F for fruitfull/soft and light all the way up to 68F for bold/complex older wines). And the more complex the wine is, the more it needs to breed too.Thats the temperature they should be drank at.So why don't everybody keep them at 50F AND THAN let them breedSpecial Features:
- For as empty as it was withOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/16/2012For as empty as it was with 2 waitresses, the service was terribly slow. The food was exactly what it should be, nothing more, nothing less.Special Features:
- I've resisted reviewing thisOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/7/2012I've resisted reviewing this place for years, since there are so few spots with great food and casual ambiance which don't require a reservation in the West Village! This place still flies under the radar, in large part because it's not listed in Zagat. The food is great.Special Features:
- This restaurant is locatedOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/26/2012This restaurant is located in the West Village. I have walked by it for years and for whatever reason never went in. Recently I went 3 times over the course of a month. I must say the first time was the best and each time thereafter was not as great. The calamari is by far one of the most unique calamari dishes I have ever had. It was sliced and cooked just perfect. That is what kept bringing me back. The staff was just ok. I hope that they can make this place a little better because it could be a great neighborhood gem.
- Small place. Not great forOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 4/28/2012Small place. Not great for big groups. Best calamari ever. Lamb shank and fish entrees left a lot to be desired.Special Features:
- Get the paella, get the paella,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/26/2012Get the paella, get the paella, get the paella! I took my parents here when they were visiting from Las Vegas. After tossing around the idea of a Colicchio or Batali spot, I decided to take them somewhere with more of a local feel. The staff was super friendly and the service was great. We were running late and had to call to push our reservation back a bit - no problem! We were even a little later than we thought and they sat us right away. Our waitress made some good drink recommendations and all the food was amazing. Pork taquitos, paella and key lime cheesecake. Yummmm. I will definitely be back. It was recommended to me as a good date spot, which it is, but I had a lovely time with my family as well. Did I mention the paeSpecial Features:
- Nice local bistro. ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/22/2012Nice local bistro. Service slow but accurate. Soup outstanding.
- What a joy to dine in a restaurantcustomerVIPDined on 4/15/2012What a joy to dine in a restaurant that does NOT having blaring, thumping music!Special Features:
- I have always enjoyed comingMescalmaniaDined on 2/27/2012I have always enjoyed coming here for a special dinner. The food is wonderful, the staff is quite helpful, the room is romantic.Special Features:
- One of the best restaurantsOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/19/2012One of the best restaurants in the West Village. The staff always delivers and makes you feel like you're at home. The scallops are out of this world good.Special Features:
- Always delish!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/3/2012Small menu but always great food & always great specials. Great service - the owners are always there. Love to go back over and over for date night, with friends and sometimes alone!!Special Features:
- Good place -- a solid "go to" placeOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 1/4/2012Good food, excellent wait staff, can make a good old fashioned.Special Features:
- The food was inspired; youfoodtravels06VIPDined on 1/4/2012The food was inspired; you could hear every conversation going on around you which was very distracting; the service was slow and indifferent. A big waste of time and money.
- frankly, the restaurant didOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 1/1/2012frankly, the restaurant did not live up to its hype...no energy..limited menu...limited wine by the glass...food was kind of bland
- The staff of the AlexandraOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 11/19/2011The staff of the Alexandra was extremely helpful in accommodating our large party of 13 individuals. The food was served timely and was very well prepared. All in all, it's an excellent restaurant.Special Features:
- We were a party of 8 which,OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/4/2011We were a party of 8 which, in my opinion, was too large for this restaurant. the accoustics are such that you can only converse with whomever is seated directly across from, or next to, you. It is VERY loud! The food was very good
- Worth another try? Maybe...OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 10/16/2011Unfortunately, good food was sabotaged by less-than-amteurish service. Although we (a party of 4) were one of only three parties there for a recent Sunday brunch, they couldn't take care of us properly. We waited 15 minutes before anyone came over to ask us for drink orders, then they forgot to bring one of the four drinks. The food orders all came out at different times, and side dishes were forgotten and never arrived. The two waitresses seemed more interested in chatting up their two male friends at the bar than in actually providing service. All this is a shame, because the food was actually very good. I really wanted to like the place - it is right where I live, and always looked like a nice comfortable place. Not sure if I'll go back.
- Nes ArslanOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/18/2011The food was good, the service was poor. But the most annoying thing is they don't accept credit card. Seriously??? I don't know if it's a new restaurant or something but in the middle of WV, you have to have a credit card. It wasn't nice to run to the atm across the street when I should be enjoying my coffee.
- West Village GemJoeBDined on 7/23/2011It's a lovely West Village gem. Not trendy but has its own relaxed vibe. Food was fantastic. Menu is not overly complicated but plenty of variety and all executed perfectly. Alexandra is great for a romantic dinner for two or to catch up with friends when you want someplace special that concentrates on the food and charm and not how 'in' it is.Special Features:
- Great Food at a Reasonable priceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/18/2011The food was excellent considering the reasonable prices of the entrees. We would definitely dine there again on another trip from Jersey to the city.Special Features: