710 S Broadway
Baltimore, MD 21231Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://alexanderstavern.com/
- Phone: (410) 522-0000
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Monday: 11:00am - 10:00pm, Tuesday - Thursday: 11:00am - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 11:00am - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Faith Paulick
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: We do both on and off site catering to meet your party needs. Whether it be casual or formal we will provide your guests the perfect meal.
A word from Alexander's Tavern
Alexander’s offers an extensive and unique menu for everyone's liking. We refer to ourselves as upscale casual dining. We specialize in gourmet tater tots...try the MD Tots smothered in crab dip! We also offer gourmet pizzas, tacos, paninis, sandwiches, appetizers, soup, salads, entrees and even a separate gluten free menu. Check out Faith's delicious Brunch menu and specials every Saturday and Sunday from 10 till 3. Our fun and friendly staff is here to serve you and make sure you are extremely happy with both your meal and experience. Check out our website for our daily specials, because there are a bunch!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Alexander's Tavern - Best Restaurants in Fells Point ›
Alexander's Tavern reviews from OpenTable diners
33 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (17)great for brunch (11)great for lunch (11)good for groups (11)fit for foodies (7)hot spot (7)kid-friendly (7)vibrant bar scene (5)great for outdoor dining (4)scenic view (2)special occasion (1)late-night find (1)romantic (1)Show More
- DisappointingdinelineDined on 11/8/2014I read the reviews of others and saw they were mixed, but I was hopeful. I shouldn't have been. The food was mediocre at best…and it wasn't cheap! Dinner for three--almost $100. Service, however, was good--prompt and friendly. Too bad the food wasn't better.
- Disappointingowl4Dined on 10/26/2014I chose this restaurant for Sunday brunch based on reviews. Very disappointing. Plastic coffee mugs and egg dishes did not taste like they contained real eggs. The friendly service could not make up for the skimpy and tasteless food.
- My favorite brunch spot in Fells PointMikeDined on 9/14/2014The best complement I can pay to Alexander's is that I have taken so many different groups of people there. I've taken friends, friends of friends and my in-laws. Everyone has agreed that the menu is loaded with fun and different Maryland menu items, from the crab tots to the old bay fries. I love everything about this place and try to go every time I'm in Baltimore. The downstairs has a large, fun bar with lots of beer options and a fairly small-to-medium sized dining room. Upstairs is a separate bar (great for parties) with darts, a sawdust shuffleboard table, beer pong tables, plenty of TVs and even a Wii. No matter what you're in the mood for or who you're with, Alexander's rocks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent GF menuEac31VIPDined on 8/23/2014Eating out while GF can be boring and a pain but this place had so many options for me it was amazing!! Their GF bread wasn't too dry or crumbly like some can be. And their cinnamon peach margarita was so delicious! They had a few ciders but only 1 GF beer. Food was delicious.. Not your average bar food bit great "comfort" food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedBirthdayDinerDined on 8/20/2014Had eaten here twice in the past year and both times pretty good. However third time was not the charm. French dip and one of our burgers tasted as if the chef spilled a large salt container into them. The best dish was the Mac n Cheese appetizer which was excellent! Wish I had eaten more of it as I went home hungry
- Great Brunch MenuOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/10/2014Very diverse brunch menu with something for everyone and great Restaurant Week options.Special Features:
- Food was good, scene was okAshleykoy88Dined on 8/9/2014I made restaurant week reservations, but the dining area was full, so we had to sit in the bar area. It wasn't really my scene, and I was hoping for a quieter setting. Needless to say, the service was great. The staff is very kind and welcoming. The food was also really good. Their tots are nice and crispy on the outside (not soggy like many other places do them)Special Features:
- nice place.lissiefox21Dined on 8/8/2014the only problem I had was trying to find a hostess when I first walked in. I assumed it was self seating at first. but overall it was a very nice placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingLuv2eatoutDined on 8/8/2014Restaurant did not measure up to reviews I had read. It was extremely loud with little ambiance. Crab cake was mostly filler, steak was very thin, salads were ok. Dessert , a fruit like pie and sweet potato appetizer were the best part of the meal.
- Great FoodEleanorDined on 8/7/2014We ate outside--inside the noise level would have been very high. Outside, it was pleasant, and the food was exceptional.Special Features:
- Excellent Food and Service!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/6/2014We tried Alexander's for the first time for restaurant week. The food was delicious, especially the salad and dessert. Steak and veggies were well seasoned and well cooked. Our waitress was very attentive and patient and friendly. I would come here again for sure.Special Features:
- Discovered a new placeHeadro23Dined on 8/5/2014We went there as part of Baltimore restaurant week. Idea was to try someplace new. Food was good, we went off the restaurant week menu to add their renowned tots - good decision. Our waitress was friendly and attentive. Our only issue was the pace of service - too quick. We hadn't finished one course before the next one was being brought to the table. It wasn't like there was a line and they needed the table turned. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great, allergy-friendly spot!BeetlefetishDined on 8/4/2014We went there for the first time during restaurant week. The food was delicious, the service was great, and the staff was sensitive to my daughter's dairy allergy. We look forward to going back to try their regular menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great serviceBbm127Dined on 8/3/2014Went for lunch with a large group, so many options for everyone. We had fun trying the different signature tots, and they have a great variety of sides to go with your entree. Everyone loved the sandwiches they got. Will definitely go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/2/2014Our first visit to AT. The service was excellent and the food outstanding. We will be back.Special Features:
- Great spot!KDintheCityVIPDined on 8/1/2014Don't leave without trying the tater tots with crab dip. A total fav!Special Features:
- The following 50 reviews are from the Alexander's Tavern reviews archive.
- Awesomebryan85joDined on 7/18/2014This place was great! Awesome food, amazing server, nice place. Albeit a smaller place, we went with a group of 8 and everything was seemless. Would absolutely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fells PointKansasCityRestaurantsDined on 7/5/2014Very nice restaurant, small but comfortable. I liked the menu.Special Features:
- TOTS!TheChiefDined on 6/29/2014Stopped here with kids ... Excellent location in Fells. Our waitress, Shae, was awesome! But the tots. Order the tots. Out-flipping-standing!! We all shared the Maryland tots (crab dip and jack smothered tots) and the Buffalo Chicken (shredded buffalo chicken with jack and blue cheese sauce) tots. Worth the drive into Bawlmore from anywhere!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too noisy to enjoy mealParkvilleDiner78Dined on 6/22/2014Calling the noise level "energetic" is being too kind. Four of us went to Alexander's for brunch, hoping to have a nice relaxed meal to send off a family member. Much to our distress, we were joined by Noisy Family, party of 20, complete with about half a dozen yelling toddlers and one woman whose volume knob was stuck on the maximum. The acoustics in the dining room are such that you can't hear yourself think when the place is busy; the noise just echoes off of the ceiling. Had we known when we got there that one can eat at the bar and that the tables in there accommodated 4, we'd have moved. The food was good, and the bloody marys and mimosas were great. I wouldn't go to the dining room again, despite our exceptional waitress.
- Just okayokayokayDined on 5/31/2014We went there to celebrate a friends last day in MD before starting her second year of law school. There was 8 of us. Our server started off friendly but as the night went on got very short with us (we were not an unruly group in any way shape or form, we were honest with her from the start in telling her we would split the check 4 ways and majority of us ordered crab cakes so it was not like our orders were difficult). Don't stray from the medal winning foods, one friend got the french beef tip sandwich (something a long those lines) and was very disappointed. I'll be back for the tots.Special Features:
- always a pleasureCateDined on 5/25/2014My brother and I always go to Alexander's for brunch when he visits from out of town. We wouldn't consider going anywhere else! Great service, affordable, delicious food - downright the best french toast I've ever had. Plus the pint-size mimosas aren't too shabby. A great spot to start your day in Fell's Point.Special Features:
- Gluten freeBubbyDined on 5/24/2014I cannot eat gluten. They have the best gluten free menu of any resturant I have been to. I had so many choices I had a hard time deciding. The food was delicious. I will definitely return here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not AS goodBMoreEaterDined on 5/11/2014We've been to Alexander's a number of times and even on this last visit, we were remarking how good it always is, how great the food is, etc. Then.... of all times, THIS is the time that the food was really just "eh". At least for my husband and I. My mom loved her salad, my son's food was good too. but my pizza and my husband's sandwich were just "eh". We were surprised. This is the first time that we walked away not being entirely satisfied. This won't keep us from coming back. We will be back! we were just surprised. We also LOVE that there is a gluten free menu. My son has celiac and coming to Alexander's is just easy with him - a definite draw for us!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mediocrehdangel15VIPDined on 5/8/2014just bar food, was really hoping for something moreSpecial Features:
- Tots on tots on totskfulleVIPDined on 5/3/2014The food was so so so amazing! It was pretty loud, but we did go on a Saturday night. Although there were mainly large groups there, they had two beautiful window tables available that had candles and fresh flowers on them. The weight staff was so kind and very attentive. I cannot wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun Place, Good Food!pdmtDined on 5/3/2014A group of 8 of us dined at Alexander's on a Saturday night and everyone had a great time and enjoyed their food and drinks. There were a few other groups that night and it is a loud, boisterous place, so it's good for a group of friends who like to talk a lot and laugh loud. The food is good, hearty, and well-priced. Our group dines out frequently and is just as comfortable in a pub as in a fine dining establishment, but the food has to be worth it, and indeed it is at Alexander's. Very happy with our choice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerfoodloverDined on 5/3/2014I love Alexander's for their delicious tots and numerous gluten free options :) This experience was great but a tad different as we had a large group and it was clear they had several other reservations coming in as well. Our server was fantastic but another employee- I imagine a manager- wasn't. I had 2 friends surpise me by showing up so they were obviously not in the original reservation so I do understand the potential frustration on the server, but again, she was great! It was the other employee who had an issue. There were empty chairs away from the reserved tables and I asked if we could pull one up to each end- not adding any extra tables. We ended up doing it but she was so unprofessional about it. All in all I will still be back!Special Features:
- Lunch timeBaltdinerDined on 4/23/2014Our lunch at Alexander's Tavern was mediocre. 2 of us had pit beef panini sandwiches one with tots and he other fries. The tots were definitely the better choice. The fries were terrible, as were the sandwiches. I would not go back nor would I recommend this restaurant to anyone. The best comment I can give is that the service was very good.
- goodtavmanDined on 4/14/2014great service. food was pretty good. drinks specials were great! great little neighborhood gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tots Rock!BaltimoreMomDined on 4/13/2014We basically went to Alexander's because it was close to the Privateer Festival and we wanted to find out if all the hype about the tater tots was true. Turns out it is. My daughter and my niece ate the majority of mine and we wished we had each chosen them as our side. The outdoor seating was limited, but it was nice to eat and people watch at the same time. Friendly servers. Reasonably priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SnacksFOODisLIFEVIPDined on 4/12/2014I love going to Alexander's for their array of appetizers. The crab dip tots are my favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/9/2014We used open table to make a reservation thinking they'd be busy for a Sunday. I was surprised that when we arrived, not only were they waiting for us, they had also reserved our table! Most places you go to, they don't even know they had a reservation and then they need to find you a table. This place was prepared and on point! The food was great and the staff is very friendly and helpful. I've been here before, and I would definitely recommend it to others and I will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Te service was wonderful,LyndaDined on 3/2/2014Te service was wonderful, and food is good. There were 12 of us and people came at different times and waiters were available and patient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent Brunch SpotlalalawDined on 3/1/2014I went here for brunch with a group of friends, because I didn't want to have to wait an hour + outside at some of the other, smaller brunch spots. The place was basically empty at 11am, and although it had picked up by the time we left, it was by no means crowded. Service- Our waitress was great and very friendly. No complaints there. Food- Meh. We are foodies, and thought the food was solid, but nothing to write home about. I could have made any of the dishes myself, but very satisfying nonetheless. Drinks- This is the reason I would go back. We bought a few pitchers of mimosas, and they were DELICIOUS. Definitely strong, and a bit heavy on the triple sec, which I liked. Yum. Also, they have great brunch drink specials.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We were fortunate enough toOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/22/2014We were fortunate enough to eat there on Saturday night of Restaurant Week. The food was FABULOUS!!!! My husband and I are still drooling over the turkey pot roast, the beet/argula salad and the key lime pie. Whatever you are paying your chef, it's not enough. We will savor the memory of this meal for years to come. We had actually come to Baltimore for a play and by chance made reservations at Alexander's. Not only was the food a feast of flavors, but the service was excellent. Thank you!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stick to what you knowOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/20/2014A group of friends and I dined here for restaurant week. We should have known by how much their "fine-dining" restaurant-week menu differed from their everyday bar-food menu that we were asking for trouble. I ordered the pork "medallions" (basically slices of ham) and could hardly cut them with a knife. A few people ordered the white fish, and it was equally overcooked. I had the key lime pie for dessert thinking of how hard it is to mess up, and it was so tart that it burnt my tongue. I'm not exaggerating when I say it was one of the worst meals of my life! The service was great though, and the drinks were top-notch. We even had a few orders of their famous tots which were great too. Stick to bar-food and you'll probably be fine.
- I was hoping for betterFaithVIPDined on 2/16/2014My friends and I went there for restaurant week so I was expecting a good, upscale meal. We ended up having brunch/lunch there b/c restaurant week didn't start until that evening. There was nothing special about the food. It tasted like bar food and mine came out served cold.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tots, Tots, Tots, Tots, TotsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/15/2014This place so cute and cozy. There's a lively bar on one side and a quaint dining room on the other. My date and I got a little table in the window. The waitress was very attentive and sweet. I'll start this by saying if you don't order anything else get TOTS. As much as I love potatoes I am not a fan of tots at all. My date and I ordered the Buffalo Chicken Tots and BBQ Sweet Potato Tots; both were fantastic! The combination of the sweet potato with tangy BBQ sauce and savory pulled pork was to die for. I want to replicate it at home! I also ordered the Maryland burger; the crab dip on top was delicious! I can't wait to go back. They have happy hour right? Because tots and beer sounds like the perfect combo after a long day of work.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Non-existant ServiceJBushVIPDined on 2/15/2014Took a last minute reservation at Alexander's Tavern. When we arrived there were no tables available. Hostess/waitress said "I didn't see your reservation come up" We were told there we tables in the back of the bar. We were sat next to loud speakers pumping music loud enough to fill bar but deafening to us. We waited 20 minutes with no one offering menus, drinks or to take an order. Being right next to the "kitchen" upstairs we were passed by numerous servers without so much as a hello. There are so many options in Fells Point this one should be skipped.