Alexander's Steakhouse - SF
448 Brannan Street
San Francisco, CA 94107Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Alexander's Steakhouse - SF
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.alexanderssteakhouse.com/
- Phone: (415) 495-1111
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday 5:30 - 9:00
Friday & Saturday 5:30 - 10:00
Sunday 5:00 - 8:30
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse, Asian
- Executive Chef: Marc Zimmerman
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Please give us a call with your details!
- Special Events: Alexander's Steakhouse offers three private dining rooms to create the perfect setting for your special event. We can accommodate seated dinners of 6 to 54 guests, and cocktail receptions for up to 80.
- Cross Street: Between 3rd & 4th
- Public Transit: Caltrain, MUNI
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: There are three parking lots within half a block of the restaurant. Street parking is also often available (meters free after 6pm). Valet parking is available Tuesday through Saturday and during Giants home games.
A word from Alexander's Steakhouse - SF
Executive Chef Marc Zimmerman offers a fine dining interpretation of a Modern American Steakhouse with hints of Japanese influences throughout our menu. Featuring classic cuts such as Ribeye, Bone-In New York and Filet Mignon, to sustainable seafood, our signature Hamachi Shot and the largest variety of Wagyu Steak in the U.S. (we feature 11 types of Wagyu). We also highlight dry-aged steaks and offer the finest and most luxurious products available including two tasting menus and an award-winning wine list designed by Wine Director Johnny Slamon. A full bar featuring some of the most unique specialty cocktails created by our Bar Manager Justin Goo is a great way to begin your evening here at Alexander's Steakhouse.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Alexander's Steakhouse - SF - Best Restaurants in SOMA ›
Alexander's Steakhouse - SF reviews from OpenTable diners
138 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (102)fit for foodies (79)notable wine list (68)romantic (61)good for groups (35)hot spot (22)neighborhood gem (18)vibrant bar scene (6)great for lunch (4)kid-friendly (3)great for outdoor dining (2)late-night find (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- No RegretsREJUVINATE707VIPDined on 11/21/2014No regrets... well worth the experience but over-priced on the Japanese beef.. Glad I made the experience... highly recommend...but bring your wallet....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely fantasticCazPaulDined on 11/21/2014What a great place! The quality of food was exceptional and matched by the quality of service! Special shout out to Julio (apologies if incorrect spelling) who really looked after us and made some excellent recommendations! We will be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Money well spentJake005Dined on 11/21/2014Service was great and the server was well knowledge. I recommend the Hamachi Shooters. I would come back just for that. Only thing I'm disappointed is I think this place is worth 1000 pts, instead of 100 pts from open table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Service and Prime Rib EVER!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/21/2014My wife and I were fortunate enough to get reservations (although early) on the night we arrived in SF. The ambiance was romantic and the service was impeccable. Yahir, our main server, was knowledgeable, great personality and very charming. Ask for him! The menu had so many delightful entrees - my salad (a take off of a Caesar's) called a little gem and romaine was outstanding. The Hamachi Shots were unique and delicious. The 20 oz. medium rare prime rib was cooked to perfection and literally could be cut with a fork. The cocktails and the Alexander "House" cab were wonderful. We will not visit SF without reservations at Alexander's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerCdtravellerDined on 11/15/2014I took my Fiancé here for dinner and everyone went to the extreme to make it a special night. From a welcome glass of champagne to a free desert soufflé from the chef to another little birthday cake. The food and service was outstanding. The prime rib is the best we've found anywhere! Alexanders is a true 5-star restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wagyu JourneySgFoodieDined on 11/11/2014Great atmosphere and vive, modern yet classic feel, we sat at mezzanie level do had a birds eye view. Staff were attentive, professional and knowledgeable. Extensive range of Wagyu from US, Australia and in particular Japan. We decided on a Wagyu journey and tried 3 different Wagyu Ribeye cut. Sticky Toffee soufflé was excellent probably the best soufflé I have tried. Overall excellent experience needs to be a special occassion unless you have a big bank roll.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely a first class restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 11/11/2014Had a fantastic dinner there with my siblings and children. The prices are expensive but the prime rib and the tomahawk were excellent! The rib eye, which my brother ordered, didn't hold up compare to the other choices. Sides were tasty. This is the place to go for their prime rib and order the 20 oz size, you will be happy to have leftovers for the next day! Their au jus and horseradish dip was right on. Order it medium rare so it is tender. And their sticky toffee souffle is so yummy! Just on the sweet side so if you don't like your dessert too sweet then pour only part of the sauce in. Definitely a must for anyone who is carnivorous! And I have to give 5 stars for our server who was so professional and pleasant. We never felt rushed and he timed his appearances perfectly. The only downside is they are not serving their truffle fries.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for special occasionsnkpatpatDined on 11/6/2014The food and sevice in the restaurant was great since we were celebrating a special occasion. It was a pleasent surprise when my husband got a small piece of cake with "Happy Birthday" written on the plate. My only negative would be the bar service. I got there 10 minutes before my husband and waited at the bar. It took a couple minutes before anyone gave me a cocktail menu and another couple minutes for someone to take my order. After ordering I didn't get my cocktail until a few minutes after being seated; at that point I thought the bartender either forgot or ignored my order. Also while at the bar a couple people who came after me got their order before my husband met me at the bar.Special Features:
- Had a great time as usualAlwaysEatAtTheBarVIPDined on 10/31/2014Awesome service! Good food. We go there from time to time to celebrate or decompress after lots of up time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very expensive for what it ispopoldu95Dined on 10/28/2014The place is great, nice ambiance, fair service. But prices are really too high for the food and meat quality, really! We paid $175 per person for an appetizer we shared into 3, the cheapest bottle of wine and a plate for each of the 3...Special Features:
- nice survicenanacyanDined on 10/26/2014Just at the time of SF Giants won the game, many guests e joyed and looked very good. Food was good and I was so satisfied from coming overseas. Although the taxi could not be easily taken, a female staff tried to get it for one hour for me. Very pleased with it.Special Features:
- fantastic restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014Wonderful experience, excellent food, outstanding service. Def will repeat again when in the Bay Area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good!StevieBVIPDined on 10/25/2014The staff is very professional! We celebrated out 25th Anniversary there. Their price point is high, but the quality, food presentation, and again, the service are well worth it!Special Features:
- Excellent dining experience!onthreeDined on 10/25/2014The service at Alexander's Steakhouse is second to none. Several people attend to each party to replace your used silverware with new ones, cleaning the linen, delivering tasty treats from the chefs and seeing to your every need. The food is mouthwatering and delicious. Although the expensive and special cuts of meat from Japan are mind boggling to think you're paying over $100 for a piece of meat not much larger than your fork spears - it is well worth trying at least once. The cuts of meat from this special section are literally like butter in your mouth. The best steak you will ever eat in your life!Special Features:
- Good selection of meatCPwiseVIPDined on 10/24/2014We liked our dinner there, I was surprised of the large selection ok kobe beef from USA, Australia and Japan, it is not cheap but yuo receive for what you pay, definetely we'll come back.Special Features:
- Upscale restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/24/2014Great place to dine. I was disappointed that no table was available and I have to sit at exclusive table (single sitting) next to kitchen but it was World Series and they been very kind and accommodating with foods and extra goodies provided to me at no cost. Just know that $$$$!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Birthday DinnerAmazingSteakhouseVIPDined on 10/24/2014I took my boyfriend here for dinner for his birthday. Great to find valet parking, especially since it was a giants home game that day- they even let me park while we went to another bar and watched. For dinner, we received complimentary champagne for his birthday- awesome service. They even made him a birthday card. Great steaks- there are a lot of tables but not too close together, so remains intimate. Steaks were cooked to perfection- we got a ribeye and prime rib. Didn't get an appetizer so we could enjoy as much as the 20oz steaks as we could. Waiter was so helpful in understanding everything and made the night very special. Ended the meal with a surprise birthday treat. Overall amazing experience- recommend for any special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best steak I've ever hadDebbieDined on 10/18/2014We went during our honeymoon and were not disappointed. It ended up being the most special dinner and best steak either of us have ever had. Their attention to detail and exemplary service would be hard to be surpassed!Special Features:
- Great Service!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014Service was outstanding, food was ok. I guess I was going in with very high expectations due to our friends' recommendations. The best item we had was the uni toast. I'd go back just for that. The other stuff was just ok especially when you put into account the price. The entire staff was very helpful and pleasant. We ordered a dry aged Omaha prime t-bone that was not very good. We mentioned it to our waiter, I think his name was Jeffrey, he took it back without hesitation and gave us something else. Our waiter and the rest of the staff that Friday night provided us with some of the best service we had. I just wish the food was as good as the service.Special Features:
- AMAZING!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014From the moment you walk into this restaurant you know what your going to get, amazing food, amazing service and amazing attention from all the staff. This dinner met all my requirements that I had asked for. The dinner was beyond special with my partner. From the hamachi shots to the prime rib & rib eye amazing dishes couldn't have asked for anymore amazing dishes. It was his birthday and he loved it, was nothing but amazed like I was. They maintened our table clean at all times. Our server Jeff was amazing really attentive and did above and beyond. The whole staff was just amazing. Never have I been so amazed, thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovely wedding nightashrDined on 10/10/2014Came here this week with my husband the night we got married! Instantly met with friendly staff and a very sweet and knowledgeable server. The food was outstanding, everything we had was widely over my expectations. Being that this was our wedding meal, we didn't worry too much on prices, but, yes....this is an expensive meal. As much as I want to eat here every day, well have to reserve it for anniversaries. Wonderful restaurant with great service and food!! Hope to be back many times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AlexandersOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/9/2014A bit overhyped and pricey. Excellent steak but the appetizer menu should be expanded.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You get what you pay forHanitoVIPDined on 10/6/2014This is terrific restaurant, with excellent food and service, hampered only by the fact that it is overpriced.Special Features:
- AmazingAntonLDined on 10/3/2014I have been to Alexander's Steakhouse SF once before and it was truly spectacular. This visit did not fail to be exemplary as well. The food was fantastic, the steaks perfectly cooked, excellent wine pairings and suggestions, Phenomenal service from start to finish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bit disappointed..OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/2/2014Steak was delicious but the lobster was less than fantastic.Special Features:
- Where's the beef?GmanVIPDined on 10/2/2014I had heard good things about Alexander's and decide to take a long term business associate for dinner. He ordered the 20 oz. Prime Rib. It was 2" thick and served medium rare as ordered. He was very satisfied. I ordered the T-bone and I was very disappointed. The meat had an odd taste and there was a great deal of fat and the meat was not tender. The filet part of the T-bone was no where to be found. The side dishes were very good, but very small portions. Wines by the glass were limited. At these prices everything should be perfection. My steak was off the mark. I won't be back.Special Features:
- Amazing food!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/29/2014Took my boyfriend here for his birthday. Super romantic, I enjoyed every bite of the we ordered! Seriously, the meat melted in my mouth, it was that savory!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steak ... everTitoDined on 9/26/2014Best steak - period. Try the dry aged filet, melts in your mouth. Start with the Himachi Shots appetizer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mouthwateringly expensiveHappyGimletVIPDined on 9/26/2014If you want to see how expensive it is possible to make a steak dinner this modern chic spot is a must. Everything over seasoned in an attempt to make it trendy in an Asian fusion way and lots of minute treats- compliments of the chef, of course. So it's Mortons meets Ozumi meets Mina pricing. Service was very willing but tried to hard to sell the package, I was exhausted just listening to the menu run down and needed oxygen once I worked out the pricing.Special Features:
- ALEXANDERS STEAK HOUSELUVFROMNYCDined on 9/23/2014WE WERE VISITING FROM NYC AND WERE RECOMMENDED FROM FRIENDS AND FAMILY IN NY THAT IT WAS A MUST. IT WAS WONDERFUL, THE FOOD WAS EXCELLENT AS WELL AS THE SERVICE. THIS IS AN UPPER SCALE RESTAURANT AND PRICEY BUT WORTH THE PRICE.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/20/2014Alexander's does NOT disappoint! This was our 3rd time dining there, and we invited a couple who had never been. The entire experience was delightful. The service is un-matched. The taste's that the chef's send to the table are such a treat. The Hamachi Shots are truly a party in your mouth. The stone fruit dessert was a perfect end. Great drinks, great beginnings, great meats, great desserts, great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic food and service butLeoRDined on 9/17/2014Made reservations through Opentable and the food was awesome. Salad and steak were perfect. I only wish the wait staff would back off on overselling the menu and wine list. It started to become annoying. I still recommend but beware.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!!!NizamknDined on 9/14/2014Service, food the place everything was perfect. I recommend this restaurant very much!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- andylawDined on 9/11/2014Definitely will go back. Filet mignon was one of tenderes meats with good flavor. Need to save up $ for the next time. Wagyu beef looks tempting, but costly. Great for special occasion to splurge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not worth a revisit! for me.bobb1088Dined on 9/10/2014A very nice looking and well laid out restaurant, our waitress was excellent. She totally had the menu down. very professional. While the chilled corn soup was fantastic, it was the star of the evening. We loved it. However, the $70. Rib-Eye steak was a complete disappointment. I've had much better for much less. I had so hoped for much better. The best parts of the whole evening were the waitress and the chilled corn soup. So sad.
- Great experienceErbrandtDined on 9/7/2014Visiting San Francisco and Alexander's was highly rated by several websites. Pros: Prompt, caring, and attentive service. Dining experience was excellent overall and would come back when in the area. Steaks were perfectly prepared and presented . Loved the attention to detail by all of the servers. Cons: No chefs specialties mentioned, although could be due to Sunday night. No valet parking, wine list seemed overpriced for selection, given proximity to world famous vineyards, cork fee was very high.Special Features:
- Exemplary ServiceMikefromNJDined on 8/30/2014From being seated to receiving the check, the service is truly something to see. I appreciate when I ask a waiter for his/her recommendations and they actually provide an in depth suggestion. From where we were seated we could see into the kitchen and saw the inner operations of the managers and wait staff. Easily the most professional operation I've witnessed. The manager gathered the staff every time they prepared to take food to a table and made sure they moved in-step, and everyone received their food at exactly the same time. Table service is attentive but by no means overbearing. My wife and I both had steak. She had the filet mignon and I had the T-bone. Both were delicious and very tender. Also, the fries are fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great MeatWagyu2Dined on 8/30/2014The selection of meat is extensive. The Wagyu menu is truly for beef connoisseurs. The Saif is attentive and helpful in every detail from wine election to beef choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best SteakhouseMFredBDined on 8/28/2014If you are feeling carnivores and your pocket is deep then this is the place to go. The best meat selection including a wide variety of Kobe A5 which is the best steak you will ever have. Great ambiance, great service and wonderful full bar. In addition to all the carnivores selections there are options for the non meat eater and a large selection of sides. The best steakhouse in SF.Special Features:
- Great but not for the price!TheLSOKDined on 8/26/2014The food was great, the service was great, the drinks were undersized and way over priced. Everything was pretty much excellent except for the price. I don't think the price measured up to everything else and I think you're just paying for restaurant close to the AT&T Park.