Alexander's Steakhouse - Cupertino
10330 N. Wolfe Road
Cupertino, CA 95014Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Alexander's Steakhouse - Cupertino
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.alexanderssteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 4084462222x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday 11:30 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Dinner: Monday - Friday 5:30 - close, Saturday - Sunday 5:00 - close
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Derek Biazo
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Chef's Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Alexander's Steakhouse is a one Michelin star fine dining interpretation of the classic American steakhouse. Chef Gerardo Naranjo features dry-aged Certified Angus Beef and an unparalleled selection of imported wagyu beef. We take pride in serving the finest and most luxurious products available.
- Private Party Contact: Barrie Quan 8886520464
A word from Alexander's Steakhouse - Cupertino
Alexander's Steakhouse is Silicon Valley's upscale contemporary steakhouse. The restaurant modernizes traditional steakhouse fare while infusing Asian touches to keep the cuisine fresh and intriguing. This is a premiere dining destination in the South Bay - the place to close deals, celebrate milestones, or simply savor a juicy steak.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Alexander's Steakhouse - Cupertino - Best Restaurants in Cupertino ›
Alexander's Steakhouse - Cupertino reviews from OpenTable diners
209 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (176)romantic (111)fit for foodies (107)notable wine list (100)good for groups (49)neighborhood gem (26)great for lunch (18)hot spot (14)kid-friendly (8)vibrant bar scene (6)late-night find (5)scenic view (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- worst steaks, yet expensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/16/2014we have a group of 7. We all ordered different types of steaks... and unfortunately, they were all bad. The "CAB Prime" was worse than the Prime steak we get from Costco (texture, freshness), and we BBQ grill better (don't know how they can destroy a Prime steak so badly). The Aged steaks clearly weren't prime and in fact super chewy... every bite resulted in spitting out. several of us gave up. It's a shame for such expensive restaurants that pride itself to be a steakhouse can deliver 7 bad steaks, each priced above 50. the Corkage fees are out on a league of its own.... we brought 4 bottles and first 2 were $35 each... next 2 were $50 each! Will not come here again... I think it's going downhill.
- Good servicesLittlestarDined on 9/14/2014Good services . Good food . The filet mignon was super tender and juicy even though we ask for medium cook . The only thing I didn't like is the Japanese beef - the wagyu beef . It's expensive and too much fatty . It cost like $140 for 3 ounces . But over all it was a nice diner with good services . Oh a plus thing about our diner was that they keep bringing out the samples while waiting for our food and in house treat cotton candies and mini chocolate cake slide light up w/ candles for our anniversary and they also give us a nice card for our anniversary !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodieeeeDined on 9/12/2014Considering the price point, I've had better service at cheaper restaurants, so I couldn't believe this use to be a Michelin-star restaurant. Everything seemed rush, abrupt, and all the service seemed miserable to be at their job. At one point, when our food arrived for our large party, 3-4 guys came out with our food, the guys looked at each other and basically rushed to get out of there, left the slow guy to explain our food. By the way, mentioning of explaining food, they did not explain any food, until we asked, "wait what's in that?" I had way more tentative, hospitable service at other restaurants. Of course the steak was good, but the rest, I wouldn't rave about. Definitely wouldn't spend another dime here.Special Features:
- A near hit...jen2dineDined on 9/11/2014For a recent dinner with six work colleagues we decided to go to Alexander's. I had been there before a year ago and must say, service has gone down a notch. The food is still amazing, but time between courses (45 minutes between salads and entrees) left a bad taste in our mouths. Our waitress said the manager would comp us something on our bill, but that never happened and we left after waiting for the manager for 20 minutes. For a $800+ table, I expect a bit higher attention from staff.Special Features:
- Wonderful Dining Experience!localchicDined on 9/8/2014We went here to celebrate our anniversary. The ambiance is excellent, it was kind of early so it wasn't real busy (changed later on tho). The server was extremely knowledgeable about everything and very willing to explain all the fine details. Right after we sat down the server brought us 2 glasses of champagne (but I do not drink so she gladly changed it for raspberry sparkling water) to toast our anniversary. She (Kitty) then proceeded to go through the meat descriptions and fresh catch options. The food was so good it just melted in your mouth. We ordered the Hamachi Shots which were excellent. I can't say enough about this dining experience. It was over the top. Doesn't even compare to Forbes Mill which is where we went last year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the South Bay's finestOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/6/2014As always, excellent food, service, and ambiance. Probably the best restaurant in the SJ area. Pricey but 100% worth every penny.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gourmet SteakYELPEnriqueCDined on 9/5/2014The service is friendly, efficient, and they practically fawn over every guest. Our server answered every question and made wonderful recommendations on steaks and sides.Special Features:
- Pricey but I was forewarnedwillclay55Dined on 9/5/2014Exceptionally pricey but you forewarned me. Very professional and knowledgeable service. Worth the price? Not sure but at least I can now say I've had Kobe steak. Unless you like fatty meat, skip it and stick to the good old American-raised beef. Cannot say much about the appearance of the restaurant. My companion and I were put in the banquet room...alone for most of the evening. But at least we got to talk without background noise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placeKenLDined on 9/2/2014We love this place! Never can go wrong ordering any cut of meat. I tried the bone marrow and it was to die for. I'm only sorry that they have discontinued serving the dry aged rib eye which I also get when I go. I love the dry aged flavor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gone Down HillOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/2/2014We have dined at this restaurant since it was opened with the original wagyu beefs with it's own menu and birth certificate of the wagyu. Our most recent dining experience was awful. Noticed the chefs have all changed. Non wagyu steaks were BLAND, tough and chewy. Yes the wagyus were still good but amount was considerably less then before. The noise level received 3 levels not because it was energetic but because it's TOO noisy to carry a conversation. Wine prices increased tremendously. NOT WORTH DINING. Los Altos Grill's steaks are consistent, cheaper, and blows this place out of the water. I was embarrassed to treat a first timer here for dinner for their birthday.
- The best !TootallDined on 8/31/2014This is a special place. It is a high end restaurant. It is the best money can buy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/30/2014As always outstanding excellent steaks. The service is attentive but not intrusive.Special Features:
- ant on my dessertAlexDined on 8/29/2014The food is good, service is good, but at the last, when our dessert comes up, there is a ant on the white cream!!! There is my girlfriend b-day, the ant made me embarrassed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice, but over-pricedDisappointedDined on 8/29/2014Restaurant, bar, and service were very good. Flavor palettes for the appetizers and side dishes were disappointing. Steak portions are very large. Read good reviews about the hamachi shots and Mac & cheese. Didn't care for either of them.Special Features:
- Great for lunchRocky35VIPDined on 8/29/2014There were 2 of us for lunch and neither was very hungry. So we decided to split the prix fix lunch. I had the steak tartare appetizer and my friend had the French Dip sandwich and we split the brownie dessert. He took home half of his sandwich and with the amuse bouche of egg drop soup and 1/2 the dessert, the small portion of the steak tartare was adequate. Everything was very good, as was the service, and we would return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great dinner for a birthdayrockyroadDined on 8/28/2014It was my boyfriend's birthday and this was the perfect place to celebrate. The service was amazing, food was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for special occasionOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/27/2014We consider this a bucket list item - glad we went, but won't go back. Too noisy and busy - we prefer a more intimate vibe for special occasion dining.Special Features:
- Amazing!riceindabowlDined on 8/26/2014Second time I have been to Alexander's in Cupertino. The Wagyu steak is amazing and I love the service and the food!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/26/2014I did not care to cut up a wedge of lettuce that was called salad. The dressing at the bottom on the plate was purported to have blue cheese, but was sadly lacking. Short on fresh vegetables.Special Features:
- Delicious!AliskakiskaDined on 8/25/2014The food was amazing! We came here for my husband's birthday and he said it was the best steak he'd ever had! The waiters were friendly and very informative. The ambiance was a little too dim for us but pretty. Thank you for a wonderful experience! We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently incrediblesophisticate709Dined on 8/23/2014This was our fifth visit to Alexander's and it certainly didn't disappoint. As many times as we'll have them, the hamachi shots are always spectacular. Think I've found a new favorite: the bone-in filet mignon. Servers are always so knowledgeable about the wine list, and actually got to chat with a sommelier this time. Other must-haves: steak tartare, truffle fries, and French-pressed coffee to finish dinner. Will never, ever tire of this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MY FIRST TIME HERETishDined on 8/23/2014I brought a friend here as a thank you. He picked Alexander's. It was just as I thought it would be. Our server was awesome and very attentive. The food was fabulous and we had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Anniversary SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/22/2014We frequent Alexander's every year for our wedding anniversary, and sometimes a couple other occasion during the year as well. The only complaint I have is the small tables that only seat 2 along the back walls. It feels very crammed and too close to other patrons. It's very hard to celebrate a romantic occasion when your neighbors are quite loud and in such close proximity. Between our table and the tables on each side of us, servers/waiters we're constantly coming and going making flow of traffic very obvious. It's quite distracting and noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Alexander'sRaiderFanDined on 8/19/2014Great food and Service, a bit pricey not an everyday or very week kind of place, but great for special occasions.Special Features:
- For a very special birthday dinnerMoonMomDined on 8/17/2014Alexander's is absolutely the best place to celebrate a special occasion like an anniversary or birthday. The service is outstanding with lots of little extras - they really make you feel pampered. From beginning to end the food is amazing and your palate will delight in pleasant surprises in tastes and combinations. I look forward to my next visit as I am never disappointed with anything snout the Alexander's experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go paleo or go homebonecrusherDined on 8/16/2014Bone marrow appetizer. It worked for primitive humans, it'll work for you. Try it. It's delicious...and never shy away from a beautiful streak. Nice bourbon selection as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappoints!hollistarDined on 8/16/2014My husband and I decided to bring out parents here for a thank you dinner for helping us with our recent wedding. My in-laws have never been to a fancy restaurant such as Alexander's and they were really impressed. All the food was superb! Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Full ExperienceSecretFoodieDined on 8/14/2014There are many high-end dining experiences one can find in and around the San Francisco Bay Area, but very few of them provide what I call "the full experience." Multiple courses, including appetizers, soup/salad, and main entree are the norm, and are quite excellent at this restaurant. To also be served an amuse bouche, an intermezzo, and a take on a petite four (with what is more accurately a "petite three" of an interesting-flavored cotton candy, a gelatin, and a tuile -- all very tasty), really does round out and complete the experience. The dry-aged T-bone with the trio of salts is fantastic, as was the creamed spinach. I don't normally go on about creamed spinach, but from this restaurant, it was worthy of specific praise.Special Features:
- Greatest Steak EverAwesomeDined on 8/13/2014I enjoy spending my birthday in this restaurant here every year and spending special occasions there as well. Some of the greatest food in the United States.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good 50th BirthdayMediumRarelyDined on 8/10/2014Fun surprise treats throughout the meal. Creative ingredients.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Alexander'sFineAndDineDined on 8/9/2014My bf and I love this restaurant. Good food and awesome service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Outstanding this timeRavenVIPDined on 8/9/2014Normally after having dinner at Alexander's ... this is the only restaurant that I repeatedly and regularly rate as Outstanding. However, (for the 1st time) there were issues. Unfortunately I was told by the waitress that a new chef is in charge ... which makes me very concerned for the future. Keep in mind some of these issues may seem small but Alexander's pride's themselves on perfection and the best experience possible. • My favorite Mac N Cheese side has been changed after 9 years and the new one is terrible. Creamy and rich replaced by dry and crunchy. • Several times waiters served and removed from the wrong sides. • My GF's steak was not the right temp. The side was comp'ed (good customer service) however, I can't have it again.Special Features:
- Incredible Culinary ExperienceFoodTasterDined on 8/8/2014Alexander's Steakhouse provides a unique blend of Asian Cuisine and American Steak - something which is hard to integrate well. And yet they do it in an absolutely delicious manner all while providing excellent A-level service. It is the perfect place for romantic outings, special occasions, or for groups that want to get together and celebrate something special. Be prepared for the check though, as it is expensive, but more than worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DB13Dined on 8/7/2014This was third time at Alexander's. We thought the food was better the previous visits. Service was excellent as usualSpecial Features:
- Some things never change...JoopyDined on 8/3/2014And that's a good thing when it comes to Alexander's Hamachi shots. My husband and I recently celebrated our 10th anniversary at ASH and did it in style by eating at the chefs table in their kitchen. You practically had to roll us out of there after being completely sated with some really good food. To begin, the amuse bouche didn't really amuse us but two surprise chef gifts of a delightful and refreshing cucumber salad with a mint aioli and a generous serving of a perfectly cooked wagyu beef on a cauliflower purée sent our taste buds into a happy dance. Both were done by their sous chef Annie and she gets all the accolades for making the dinner what it was. Always bring your big wallet to ASH but it will usually be worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/2/2014My first experience with this place left me wanting to go back. The time around wasn't quite the same. The waiter we had didn't seem to spend much time with us, compared to the neighboring tables. He didn't go through the menu or explain any specials or recommendations, but at tables where evveryone was a repeat customer he seemed to explain everything without even asking, whereas I could barely get enough put of him to explain anything to my party. Just not the consistency I would hope for with a higher end establishment like this.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not great.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/29/2014I've been to Alexander's many times always had great service. I noticed they did something new when 5 waiters brought out our food at the same time thought it a little gimmicky. Food wasn't a great as other times I had been. Great calamari special should replace the popcorn crab. Bring back angry birds!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good beefd1shakDined on 7/27/2014Good steaks and desserts. Also a bit on the dark side and would prefer more lighting to see what I'm eating.Special Features:
- Great Steakhouse with Asian SpinTravelingSalesmanDined on 7/22/2014First rate steakhouse with option for Asian appetizers and sides. Excellent staff.Special Features:
- Great Lunch for AnniversarySouthBayReviewerDined on 7/18/2014We celebrated an anniversary here for lunch, with my wife & in-laws. Pretty quiet and everyone really enjoyed their meals. Very good portions for steaks. A bit salty, but always to be expected when dining out. Would definitely come back for special occasions.I would recommend this to a friend.