Alexander's Steakhouse - Cupertino
10330 N. Wolfe Road
Cupertino, CA 95014Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Alexander's Steakhouse - Cupertino
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.alexanderssteakhouse.com/
- Phone: (408) 446-2222
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday 11:30 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Dinner: Monday - Friday 5:30 - close, Saturday - Sunday 5:00 - close
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Derek Biazo
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Chef's Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Alexander's Steakhouse is a one Michelin star fine dining interpretation of the classic American steakhouse. Chef Gerardo Naranjo features dry-aged Certified Angus Beef and an unparalleled selection of imported wagyu beef. We take pride in serving the finest and most luxurious products available.
- Private Party Contact: Barrie Quan 8886520464
A word from Alexander's Steakhouse - Cupertino
Alexander's Steakhouse is Silicon Valley's upscale contemporary steakhouse. The restaurant modernizes traditional steakhouse fare while infusing Asian touches to keep the cuisine fresh and intriguing. This is a premiere dining destination in the South Bay - the place to close deals, celebrate milestones, or simply savor a juicy steak.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Alexander's Steakhouse - Cupertino - Best Restaurants in Cupertino ›
Alexander's Steakhouse - Cupertino reviews from OpenTable diners
214 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (181)romantic (119)fit for foodies (114)notable wine list (96)good for groups (56)neighborhood gem (19)great for lunch (16)hot spot (15)vibrant bar scene (11)late-night find (6)kid-friendly (5)Show More
- Definitely Worth Another TryTaster66Dined on 11/15/2014Girlfriend’s birthday so I splurged. Efficient service but sometimes got what seemed like a stiff, fast recording from servers, often not understandable, instead of a human, friendly exchange of thoughts. The crab leg appetizer was huge and delicious, with lots of meat inside. (You’ll appreciate the appetizer choices more if you eat raw sea food.) There were small pallet rinsing surprises between courses, a nice touch. Strange that they had bread plates on the table, but never brought out bread. We knew we’d be full, so we didn’t look at salads. No hot soup available. A choice of one cold soup. My rib eye steak, though spiced okay, was very fatty. I’ll try porterhouse next time. Fillet minion was excellent. Their desire to make everything special (and worth the high price) might have gotten in the way of the true steak chew and flavor. They’re into melt-in-your-mouth tender and juicy, but that translated to a bit fatty and sweet for my taste. Mac and cheese, though truffled, didn’t work; creamy, not cheesy. The truffled fries were a hit. The pumpkin soufflé was fun to break into but ultimately seemed too sweet and rich, lacking flavor. Look at the menu online before you go. My girlfriend, more of an exotic seafood person than I, loved the whole fancy experience which adds a star.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- table sizesusieDined on 11/15/2014We're party of 4 given a square table, food too crowded, that I had to cut my prime rib on the plate left to me. wish there's room to push forward the rib and had the cut in front of me. at the end of our dinner, I found the table could be expanded, flipped upward to make a round table. Why it wasn't done for us?Special Features:
- OverratedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/14/2014After all the great reviews I decided to give it a try. No doubt, the quality of the food is good...not great or exceptional, but good. The ambiance was dreadful, very noisy and very hectic. Service was attentive but cold. For ~ $600 for two there are far better choices
- Excellent dining experiencenon4lDined on 11/12/2014This was a special occasion for us, we had great time at Alexander's steakhouse. I had the filet mignon, she had the Bone-In filet mignon! As sides, we had the wild mushrooms and the risotto with black truffle. Everything was delicious. We got to try the soup of the day that tasted delightful. For desert, we had the Mystere. It was weird mixing lemon with chocolate. We had an extra cake for your special occasion and cotton candy. In the end, it was expensive, I can't go there every week but all products are delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good business dinner locationkfscottDined on 11/12/2014For a business dinner with an 8pm start, we were seated in a small room with 4-5 tables. All others completed their dinner and left within about 20 min after we were seated. Left us with a very quiet room for our private conversation. The food was OK, but I had fish, not steak.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently Great!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/12/2014My husband and I have celebrated our anniversary here for several years and the experience is always wonderful. The restaurant and the staff always treat us well, the food is wonderful and the ambiance is perfect. Both my husband and me have had business lunches and dinners here and they are always well done. Would highly recommend Alexander's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AlexandersBillVIPDined on 11/11/2014Excellent food. Great quality. They didnt serve any of the 3 courses correctly - which plate went where.....but we helped them. Wine took too long to get to the table- ~15 min..... when you are in for lunch- a brief time- when you order a bottle of good wine- you expect it in less than 5.Special Features:
- ignore the negative reviewsnomnomhamachiDined on 11/10/2014Negative reviews about Alexander's are quite funny. Yes it's expensive; yes expensive steak from Japan has "less flavor" than corn-fed American beef (but tastes like butter, and love, in your mouth). The truffle mac & cheese isn't bland.. I honestly don't understand WTF those people are talking about. If you want very expensive, best-ingredient food - that is, steaks and sides - this is THE place. Comes with great service.. even though some reviews complained that waiters explaining what they've brought was "annoying," again: what? Oh, and the Hamachi shots will bring you back to this place. I'm still thinking about them.Special Features:
- I always love going to Alexander'sSunnyvaleLizDined on 11/8/2014Alexander's is one of the places I love to go to for special occasions, birthdays, anniversaries and sometime just because. It is always a great experience.Special Features:
- UnevenPhacDined on 11/8/2014If there were half stars, I would have rated them 3.5. The food is good, with the appetizers and sides out shining the steaks. The meat flavor is delicious but is missing the char that makes a restaurant steak better than at home. We had the t-bone and split bone rib eye, both tender, perfectly cooked but if we had the same raw product at home it would have been just as good for half the price. Our waiter fine, but the persons describing the food was canned, a bit dramatic, and better if questions were asked rather than being told. The extras were very nice, the birthday dessert and drink and the cotton candy. We waited at least 15-20 minutes between taking away the appetizer plates and receiving our main courses, with no apology.
- Awesome experienceMSMSBD1Dined on 11/7/2014Our waiter was very helpful and patient...In fact we took a little field trip to look over the meat cuts and get a better understanding of what was what. Everything was excellent from the appetizers, entrees, dessert along we outstanding service. Be prepared to spend somewhere between $275 - $350 for two - without a bottle of wine. After a reasonable tip my bill came to ~$400.00. This was for two and included two appetizers, sparkling water, a glass of champagne, one baked potato, one crème spinach, a rib-eye for me and an special cut filet for my wife. We also enjoyed a great soufflé to end the evening. The food is so rich you're not likely going to finish so prepared to bring some food home.... a little over the top on $$$$Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent diningariadneDined on 11/7/2014Great wines, delicious steak selections, brilliant palate primers, delightful desserts, plus wonderful and courteous service. Very knowledgeable staff able to make good recommendations on wine and food pairings. The menu changes from time to time, keeping things interesting.Special Features:
- Great food & service!MimiDawnDined on 11/7/2014Great steak house and then some.. Loved the hamachi shots, to die for! Steak great, everything was great and the freshest oysters.. We have already booked for 2 other dates :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the moneyMissSharksFanDined on 11/3/2014Boyfriend first time, he loves steak/I wanted 2 treat him to steakhouse with his name! He had never been there.There were lil black bugs flying around we told our waitress and she told her manager who then moved us to another bigger table away from the bugs. But the bugs were still around and I had to continue swooshing them away kind of annoying. The Mushroom soup was amazing! And the lil taste testers were also good! The fries were def. nothing special and the only thing good about the mac and cheese was the lobster. My boyfriend ordered a filet mignon- he that it was ok but it def. was not worth it and that Ruth's Chirs is better! The bday surprise with a nice card and the cute message on the dessert plate with the champagne was awesome!Special Features:
- Good for CelebrationsBobbiDined on 11/2/2014Alexander's is a very nice restaurant, right in the middle of Silicon Valley. The food is very good, but overpriced, and that goes double for the wine. The cheapest Pinot Noir was $100, a glass of beer $13 and crab appetizer $36. Out the door cost for 3 people was $530, which only included one bottle of wine and one dessert. Good, but not worth the highly overcharged prices. I must say that service has greatly improved.Special Features:
- 5 hour dinnerLB8123Dined on 11/1/2014Went there to celebrate me and my cousin's b-days with our wives. We ended up spending 5 hours there, impeccable service with incredible food! Can't believe it was the first time for me and my wife. Will definitely go back again, we ordered the prime rib (very good) Also got the kitchen tour which was very cool.Special Features:
- Stakes at its bestUrbanDined on 10/30/2014Alexander's is the best stake house in the Cupertino, Santa Clara, San José area I've dined at so far. Fantastic service, extensive wine list and superb meat. The sides are a bit small so I would recommend a party to select extra sides to share. I highly recommend Alexander's for executive business dinners!Special Features:
- Great BeefdonroselDined on 10/30/2014We had a ladies lunch at Alexander's and it was a wonderful meal. We all had the French Dip sandwich. The beef was so tender and tasty. The only thing I didn't like about it was the bacon. The sandwich was overdone with the bacon. I took the bacon off after a few bites because I wanted to enjoy the beef. Everything else was wonderful.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/29/2014great service: professional and attentive without being snobbish or obsequiousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Price vs. Qualityimabigkidnow88VIPDined on 10/27/2014It's hard to equate the distinction of quality when a steak costs $71 without any sides. I mean..... If though it was good, is a cut of beef really worth that much? The service at Alexanders was phenomenal and it was truly a unique and wonderful experience. I just am not sure if the quality of the food equates to the extremely high prices. Then again... You are also paying for the spectacular service. Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed my meal here with my girlfriend, especially the cotton candy at the end.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable ExperienceSwimmerDined on 10/26/2014We've been curious about Alexander's, but stayed away due to the price. The evening was enjoyable, the service exquisite, and most of the food was great. We both ordered prime rib and the first bites were absolutely delicious. However, once we got to the middle area of the slice, it was tough and gristly. This just ruined the entire ambiance of the evening. At these prices, the cut of meat should have been better.Special Features:
- Expensive2eatmeatDined on 10/25/2014Great restaurant. Service is impeccable. Food is very good but not worth the prices charged. The ribeye was on par with other (cheaper) steakhouses. The Wagu options were a disappointment, over $160 for something that is similar in taste and texture to their domestic meats is ridiculous. Come here if you want to impress your date and disappoint your wallet at the same time. Total spent w tip, 2cocktails, and 2meals...$350. Can easily experience the same level food for half the cost.Special Features:
- High expectations not metfluffybunsVIPDined on 10/25/2014I was looking forward to my first experience at Alexander's, heard/read rave reviews about the food and service. While they obviously use high quality ingredients and plating is designed to wow, we didn't find anything (Hamachi shooters, Caesar salad, NY Strip/bone in, Split Bone Rib Eye, baked potato, truffle fries) to be amazing or creative. The steaks were perfectly cooked but not extraordinary in taste. The service was flat out disappointing (aside from the Sommelier) we felt rushed and a bit patronized. The most egregious service flaw however, the one that will keep me from going back, is when a server brought bread to the wrong table (ours) and then came back a minute or so later, picked it up and delivered it to another table.Special Features:
- Avoid Saturdays: Kids night!SJCRussellDined on 10/25/2014We've eaten here many times and will do so again in the future as the food is very high quality and delicious. However we've been pretty stunned over our last few visits on how common it has become, especially on Saturday nights, for large families with unruly small children to be dining. And not just 1 or 2 tables, but over half of all tables. Clearly more money than sense as this is expensive fine dining, it is not a 'Black Angus' family steakhouse. If you are looking for a sophisticated romantic dinner, this in not the place any more. On the plus side, I guess they are kid friendly. Alexander Steakhouse's signature cotton candy 'gift' to the table at the end of dinner perhaps has sent a message: 'bring your kids'.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014Just a great steak house. For anyone that likes steak, don't miss Alexander's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FrenchIsaDined on 10/24/2014Great venue for special occasion. Impeccable service. It was for my husband B-day and they even had a special dessert for him. The food was great and in generous portions. The meat sampler is a must if you go there to try out the unique meat but it is very fulfilling and the pure Japanese meat is very marbled and difficult to digest so try small sizes. Very good and I highly recommend it.Special Features:
- DisappointedDined on 10/23/2014It is a very nice restaurant been there several times before. Service was not as good this time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still My Favorites24estDined on 10/21/2014I haven't eaten there for over a year, so I was veryhappy to see that it was every nit as outstanding as the first time. I can't say enough about the excellent service, food preparation, presentation, and wine list. I'm going to see if I can make an early reservation for Thanksgiving.Special Features:
- excellent place to dinesteaksDined on 10/21/2014Service is top notch. Love the Hamachi shots. I had the 12ounce prime rib...delicious! Very tender and perfectly cooked and finishing up meal with the cotton candy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/19/2014Wonderful steaks but don't miss the rest of menu. Everything we tried was fantastic - sides as well. Get the truffle fries. Little surprises come between courses.Special Features:
- Amazing!KristinmichelleDined on 10/17/2014Leave your kids at home and enjoy some of the best steak you'll eat. Service was amazing. The food was beyond amazing. The only thing I have to say was not so amazing is we heard a crying baby and there were kids running around a table. Kids are too young to appreciate this food and we went to take a break from ours! Other than that, we have no complaintsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Alexander's Steakhouse Cup LunchmikkyoDined on 10/17/2014This is an awesome place for any meal, or drinks and a snack at the bar. Chef Derek Biazo has some incredible creations, and variations on their regular fare. Staff is welcoming, service top notch, atmosphere at lunch is quieter and more easy going than dinner. We loved the Hamachi Shots and the Steak Tartare. The daily risotto is always a treat, we got a whole serving to have alongside our lunch entrees. The Gyu Kushiyaki and Wagyu Hanger Steak were amazing, cooked to perfection. The Crab Patty Sandwich was perfectly cooked, light and crispy on the outside and not overdone on the inside. Everyone at the table was very pleased and full. Overall, an awesome fine dining experience, in an easy-going lunch style, without too much snobbery.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Memories are made here.romanticheartDined on 10/15/2014Alexander's was the last Birthday surprise of the day for my girlfriend and can say that I saved the best for last. The flowers I had ordered and delivered to the restaurant were sitting on the table when we arrived and her smile never faded from there. Throughout the evening the staff rose to the occassion, were very attentive and offered us tasty morsels to savour and enjoy. On occasions like this you want everything to be perfect, for the fondest memories are made on special occasions and Alexander's does not disappoint. They turned the occasion into the most awesome birthday she every had.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/14/2014definitely fancy decor. Service spot on, very friendly and professional. GREAT cocktails and bartenders. Food good, but not sublime.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/12/2014The food and the table service was fine except the person packed our take home did not do what he or she suppose to do. They gave an empty box with half spoon full potato in it instead of our big bake potato. He or she should tell if they accident dropped it on the floor or something. Don't give us an empty box.Special Features:
- The Best!!OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 10/12/2014This was our second dining experience at Alexander's Steakhouse......and both were very memorable, wonderful evenings. Outstanding food, served by an outstanding wait staff. Highly recommend!!Special Features:
- PretentiousDickDined on 10/11/2014The food is excellent. The price is high although the portions are large. Too pretentious--kimchi, sorbet and cotton candy? The service was average.Special Features:
- Good service, mediocre steaksSteakfanDined on 10/11/2014Heard so much about this place that finally tried it on a special occasion. Nice looking restaurant w/ good service, but my main objective were the steaks (the first food I try as I travel to cultures with a strong steak culture). They were quite disappointing (had the dry-aged porterhouse and the c.a.b. prime rib eye). Fairly bland if you compare them to the stuff you get from Peter Luger in NY, or even from your local Whole Foods.Special Features:
- JohnSinglefiguresDined on 10/8/2014This time food was good, not great (it's usually great). Tables for 2 are a little close together so conversations overlap.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak HousePeteGDined on 10/8/2014I thought it was very tasty. I am not a foodie - so keep that in mind. But the steaks were cooked right and they were really delicious. I have found it hard to get a good steak in NorCal. I'd imagine SF has some great ones too - but I live in South Bay and only rarely go up there. I liked the Hamachi shots too - and the deserts were solid. Wine was fantastic - but we had an ace wine picker in our party. There was nothing wrong with the valet parking (the service was good) but it seems the area could support a larger parking lot - its pretty close to a mall and not in a big city.. It is an expensive place so if value is the key for you - not sure its your cup of tea. But if you want some good steaks - it's a good choice.Special Features: