Alexander's Steakhouse - Cupertino
10330 N. Wolfe Road
Cupertino, CA 95014Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Alexander's Steakhouse - Cupertino
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.alexanderssteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 4084462222x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday 11:30 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Dinner: Monday - Friday 5:30 - close, Saturday - Sunday 5:00 - close
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Derek Biazo
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Chef's Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Alexander's Steakhouse is a one Michelin star fine dining interpretation of the classic American steakhouse. Chef Gerardo Naranjo features dry-aged Certified Angus Beef and an unparalleled selection of imported wagyu beef. We take pride in serving the finest and most luxurious products available.
- Private Party Contact: Barrie Quan 8886520464
A word from Alexander's Steakhouse - Cupertino
Alexander's Steakhouse is Silicon Valley's upscale contemporary steakhouse. The restaurant modernizes traditional steakhouse fare while infusing Asian touches to keep the cuisine fresh and intriguing. This is a premiere dining destination in the South Bay - the place to close deals, celebrate milestones, or simply savor a juicy steak.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Alexander's Steakhouse - Cupertino - Best Restaurants in Cupertino ›
Alexander's Steakhouse - Cupertino reviews from OpenTable diners
229 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (193)romantic (122)fit for foodies (115)notable wine list (108)good for groups (53)neighborhood gem (26)great for lunch (25)hot spot (16)vibrant bar scene (9)kid-friendly (8)late-night find (6)scenic view (3)great for brunch (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/30/2014As always outstanding excellent steaks. The service is attentive but not intrusive.Special Features:
- ant on my dessertOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014The food is good, service is good, but at the last, when our dessert comes up, there is a ant on the white cream!!! There is my girlfriend b-day, the ant made me embarrassed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice, but over-pricedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/29/2014Restaurant, bar, and service were very good. Flavor palettes for the appetizers and side dishes were disappointing. Steak portions are very large. Read good reviews about the hamachi shots and Mac & cheese. Didn't care for either of them.Special Features:
- Great for lunchRocky35VIPDined on 8/29/2014There were 2 of us for lunch and neither was very hungry. So we decided to split the prix fix lunch. I had the steak tartare appetizer and my friend had the French Dip sandwich and we split the brownie dessert. He took home half of his sandwich and with the amuse bouche of egg drop soup and 1/2 the dessert, the small portion of the steak tartare was adequate. Everything was very good, as was the service, and we would return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great dinner for a birthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/28/2014It was my boyfriend's birthday and this was the perfect place to celebrate. The service was amazing, food was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for special occasionOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/27/2014We consider this a bucket list item - glad we went, but won't go back. Too noisy and busy - we prefer a more intimate vibe for special occasion dining.Special Features:
- Amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014Second time I have been to Alexander's in Cupertino. The Wagyu steak is amazing and I love the service and the food!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/26/2014I did not care to cut up a wedge of lettuce that was called salad. The dressing at the bottom on the plate was purported to have blue cheese, but was sadly lacking. Short on fresh vegetables.Special Features:
- Delicious!AliskakiskaDined on 8/25/2014The food was amazing! We came here for my husband's birthday and he said it was the best steak he'd ever had! The waiters were friendly and very informative. The ambiance was a little too dim for us but pretty. Thank you for a wonderful experience! We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently incrediblesophisticate709Dined on 8/23/2014This was our fifth visit to Alexander's and it certainly didn't disappoint. As many times as we'll have them, the hamachi shots are always spectacular. Think I've found a new favorite: the bone-in filet mignon. Servers are always so knowledgeable about the wine list, and actually got to chat with a sommelier this time. Other must-haves: steak tartare, truffle fries, and French-pressed coffee to finish dinner. Will never, ever tire of this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MY FIRST TIME HERETishDined on 8/23/2014I brought a friend here as a thank you. He picked Alexander's. It was just as I thought it would be. Our server was awesome and very attentive. The food was fabulous and we had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Anniversary SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/22/2014We frequent Alexander's every year for our wedding anniversary, and sometimes a couple other occasion during the year as well. The only complaint I have is the small tables that only seat 2 along the back walls. It feels very crammed and too close to other patrons. It's very hard to celebrate a romantic occasion when your neighbors are quite loud and in such close proximity. Between our table and the tables on each side of us, servers/waiters we're constantly coming and going making flow of traffic very obvious. It's quite distracting and noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Alexander'sRaiderFanDined on 8/19/2014Great food and Service, a bit pricey not an everyday or very week kind of place, but great for special occasions.Special Features:
- For a very special birthday dinnerMoonMomDined on 8/17/2014Alexander's is absolutely the best place to celebrate a special occasion like an anniversary or birthday. The service is outstanding with lots of little extras - they really make you feel pampered. From beginning to end the food is amazing and your palate will delight in pleasant surprises in tastes and combinations. I look forward to my next visit as I am never disappointed with anything snout the Alexander's experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go paleo or go homebonecrusherDined on 8/16/2014Bone marrow appetizer. It worked for primitive humans, it'll work for you. Try it. It's delicious...and never shy away from a beautiful streak. Nice bourbon selection as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappoints!hollistarDined on 8/16/2014My husband and I decided to bring out parents here for a thank you dinner for helping us with our recent wedding. My in-laws have never been to a fancy restaurant such as Alexander's and they were really impressed. All the food was superb! Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Full ExperienceSecretFoodieDined on 8/14/2014There are many high-end dining experiences one can find in and around the San Francisco Bay Area, but very few of them provide what I call "the full experience." Multiple courses, including appetizers, soup/salad, and main entree are the norm, and are quite excellent at this restaurant. To also be served an amuse bouche, an intermezzo, and a take on a petite four (with what is more accurately a "petite three" of an interesting-flavored cotton candy, a gelatin, and a tuile -- all very tasty), really does round out and complete the experience. The dry-aged T-bone with the trio of salts is fantastic, as was the creamed spinach. I don't normally go on about creamed spinach, but from this restaurant, it was worthy of specific praise.Special Features:
- Greatest Steak EverAwesomeDined on 8/13/2014I enjoy spending my birthday in this restaurant here every year and spending special occasions there as well. Some of the greatest food in the United States.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good 50th BirthdayMediumRarelyDined on 8/10/2014Fun surprise treats throughout the meal. Creative ingredients.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Alexander'sFineAndDineDined on 8/9/2014My bf and I love this restaurant. Good food and awesome service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Outstanding this timeRavenVIPDined on 8/9/2014Normally after having dinner at Alexander's ... this is the only restaurant that I repeatedly and regularly rate as Outstanding. However, (for the 1st time) there were issues. Unfortunately I was told by the waitress that a new chef is in charge ... which makes me very concerned for the future. Keep in mind some of these issues may seem small but Alexander's pride's themselves on perfection and the best experience possible. • My favorite Mac N Cheese side has been changed after 9 years and the new one is terrible. Creamy and rich replaced by dry and crunchy. • Several times waiters served and removed from the wrong sides. • My GF's steak was not the right temp. The side was comp'ed (good customer service) however, I can't have it again.Special Features:
- Incredible Culinary ExperienceFoodTasterDined on 8/8/2014Alexander's Steakhouse provides a unique blend of Asian Cuisine and American Steak - something which is hard to integrate well. And yet they do it in an absolutely delicious manner all while providing excellent A-level service. It is the perfect place for romantic outings, special occasions, or for groups that want to get together and celebrate something special. Be prepared for the check though, as it is expensive, but more than worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DB13Dined on 8/7/2014This was third time at Alexander's. We thought the food was better the previous visits. Service was excellent as usualSpecial Features:
- Some things never change...JoopyDined on 8/3/2014And that's a good thing when it comes to Alexander's Hamachi shots. My husband and I recently celebrated our 10th anniversary at ASH and did it in style by eating at the chefs table in their kitchen. You practically had to roll us out of there after being completely sated with some really good food. To begin, the amuse bouche didn't really amuse us but two surprise chef gifts of a delightful and refreshing cucumber salad with a mint aioli and a generous serving of a perfectly cooked wagyu beef on a cauliflower purée sent our taste buds into a happy dance. Both were done by their sous chef Annie and she gets all the accolades for making the dinner what it was. Always bring your big wallet to ASH but it will usually be worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/2/2014My first experience with this place left me wanting to go back. The time around wasn't quite the same. The waiter we had didn't seem to spend much time with us, compared to the neighboring tables. He didn't go through the menu or explain any specials or recommendations, but at tables where evveryone was a repeat customer he seemed to explain everything without even asking, whereas I could barely get enough put of him to explain anything to my party. Just not the consistency I would hope for with a higher end establishment like this.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not great.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/29/2014I've been to Alexander's many times always had great service. I noticed they did something new when 5 waiters brought out our food at the same time thought it a little gimmicky. Food wasn't a great as other times I had been. Great calamari special should replace the popcorn crab. Bring back angry birds!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good beefd1shakDined on 7/27/2014Good steaks and desserts. Also a bit on the dark side and would prefer more lighting to see what I'm eating.Special Features:
- Great Steakhouse with Asian SpinTravelingSalesmanDined on 7/22/2014First rate steakhouse with option for Asian appetizers and sides. Excellent staff.Special Features:
- Great Lunch for AnniversarySouthBayReviewerDined on 7/18/2014We celebrated an anniversary here for lunch, with my wife & in-laws. Pretty quiet and everyone really enjoyed their meals. Very good portions for steaks. A bit salty, but always to be expected when dining out. Would definitely come back for special occasions.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ryan18thBDDined on 7/8/2014fantastic steak! Good atmosphere! Great Service. Thanks to Scott who made my son 18th birthday a remarakable one.....He brought Ryan a little treat as BD chocolate which he loved it and ate all the way to the end.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steak ever!OpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 7/8/2014Had not been to Alexanders in awhile and sort of forget how good the food is. And the steaks, of course, are simply amazing!Special Features:
- Outstanding but super priceyTMCADined on 7/5/2014The steak and service were outstanding, but ~$450 for 3 people (only 2 drinks ordered) was more than I would pay again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Enjoyable1stTimerDined on 7/3/2014Our anniversary dinner was very enjoyable. Both the food and service were outstanding as always.Special Features:
- Lovely unhurried dinner experiencedipityDined on 7/3/2014Our server Kitty was fantastic. The pace for when each 'step' took place was perfectly orchestrated, i.e. the amount of time she gave us to look through the menu, the timing of when each course arrived (never felt too slow nor too fast). Food was excellent. Since am not much of a meat person my favorite dish was the beet salad. :-) Meat was nicely cooked to specification.Special Features:
- ViperDined on 7/2/2014Best steak I have had - beat Barclay Prime in Philly which is my home town!Special Features:
- mojos22Dined on 6/28/20142nd visit to Alexanders, Polite greeting upon arrival, comfortable and spacious table, attentive service and excellent steak! 4 1/2 stars overallSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Steak HousegaryVIPDined on 6/28/2014As always the food at Alexander's is well prepared and cook to perfection. Went with our good friends and had a wonderful time. From the cocktails/wine in the bar to the dining experience it was just fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceAlexDined on 6/28/2014Special accolades to David Pham. His attentive, but understated, attention to our needs in a modest voice were exceptional. A keeper.Special Features:
- No excuses for over cooked meatdobbsVIPDined on 6/28/2014A restaurant specializing in steak should never have steak that is not cooked perfectly. I ordered fillet and my date ordered t-bone. My steak arrived perfectly cooked. She ordered her T-bone medium rare and it came medium well to well. Of course they quickly corrected it but that's not the point. This restaurant is expensive and they should know exactly how to cook steak. Having your main dish improperly cooked marred the whole evening. Next time I will go to Manresa.Special Features:
- Fun 4 special, expensive occasionAdinerDined on 6/26/2014Delicious, expertly prepared gourmet food. Lots of staff w/ different servers for specific things, which does make the service slow. So don't be in a hurry. It gets busy and noisy. They serve Wagyu beef, the highest-end beef in Japan. It's expensive and a rare treat there. It's a rare thing to find it served as a regular on the menu. It's incredibly delicious and expensive! They have other types of steak that won't break the bank. Fun things served are tiny and flavorful: appetizer, intermezzo, palate cleanser and cakes and cookies at the end (if you are celebrating a special occasion - they ask you up front if you are). They are itty bitty, the size of a thumbnail to a tablespoon but they taste great and don't fill you up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.