Alexander's Steakhouse - Cupertino
10330 N. Wolfe Road
Cupertino, CA 95014Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Alexander's Steakhouse - Cupertino
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.alexanderssteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 4084462222x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday 11:30 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Dinner: Monday - Friday 5:30 - close, Saturday - Sunday 5:00 - close
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Derek Biazo
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Chef's Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Alexander's Steakhouse is a one Michelin star fine dining interpretation of the classic American steakhouse. Chef Gerardo Naranjo features dry-aged Certified Angus Beef and an unparalleled selection of imported wagyu beef. We take pride in serving the finest and most luxurious products available.
- Private Party Contact: Barrie Quan 8886520464
A word from Alexander's Steakhouse - Cupertino
Alexander's Steakhouse is Silicon Valley's upscale contemporary steakhouse. The restaurant modernizes traditional steakhouse fare while infusing Asian touches to keep the cuisine fresh and intriguing. This is a premiere dining destination in the South Bay - the place to close deals, celebrate milestones, or simply savor a juicy steak.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Alexander's Steakhouse - Cupertino - Best Restaurants in Cupertino ›
Alexander's Steakhouse - Cupertino reviews from OpenTable diners
199 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (169)romantic (108)fit for foodies (104)notable wine list (88)good for groups (52)neighborhood gem (21)great for lunch (17)hot spot (12)vibrant bar scene (11)kid-friendly (7)late-night find (6)great for brunch (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Price vs. Qualityimabigkidnow88VIPDined on 10/27/2014It's hard to equate the distinction of quality when a steak costs $71 without any sides. I mean..... If though it was good, is a cut of beef really worth that much? The service at Alexanders was phenomenal and it was truly a unique and wonderful experience. I just am not sure if the quality of the food equates to the extremely high prices. Then again... You are also paying for the spectacular service. Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed my meal here with my girlfriend, especially the cotton candy at the end.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable ExperienceSwimmerDined on 10/26/2014We've been curious about Alexander's, but stayed away due to the price. The evening was enjoyable, the service exquisite, and most of the food was great. We both ordered prime rib and the first bites were absolutely delicious. However, once we got to the middle area of the slice, it was tough and gristly. This just ruined the entire ambiance of the evening. At these prices, the cut of meat should have been better.Special Features:
- ExpensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014Great restaurant. Service is impeccable. Food is very good but not worth the prices charged. The ribeye was on par with other (cheaper) steakhouses. The Wagu options were a disappointment, over $160 for something that is similar in taste and texture to their domestic meats is ridiculous. Come here if you want to impress your date and disappoint your wallet at the same time. Total spent w tip, 2cocktails, and 2meals...$350. Can easily experience the same level food for half the cost.Special Features:
- High expectations not metfluffybunsVIPDined on 10/25/2014I was looking forward to my first experience at Alexander's, heard/read rave reviews about the food and service. While they obviously use high quality ingredients and plating is designed to wow, we didn't find anything (Hamachi shooters, Caesar salad, NY Strip/bone in, Split Bone Rib Eye, baked potato, truffle fries) to be amazing or creative. The steaks were perfectly cooked but not extraordinary in taste. The service was flat out disappointing (aside from the Sommelier) we felt rushed and a bit patronized. The most egregious service flaw however, the one that will keep me from going back, is when a server brought bread to the wrong table (ours) and then came back a minute or so later, picked it up and delivered it to another table.Special Features:
- Avoid Saturdays: Kids night!SJCRussellDined on 10/25/2014We've eaten here many times and will do so again in the future as the food is very high quality and delicious. However we've been pretty stunned over our last few visits on how common it has become, especially on Saturday nights, for large families with unruly small children to be dining. And not just 1 or 2 tables, but over half of all tables. Clearly more money than sense as this is expensive fine dining, it is not a 'Black Angus' family steakhouse. If you are looking for a sophisticated romantic dinner, this in not the place any more. On the plus side, I guess they are kid friendly. Alexander Steakhouse's signature cotton candy 'gift' to the table at the end of dinner perhaps has sent a message: 'bring your kids'.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014Just a great steak house. For anyone that likes steak, don't miss Alexander's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FrenchIsaDined on 10/24/2014Great venue for special occasion. Impeccable service. It was for my husband B-day and they even had a special dessert for him. The food was great and in generous portions. The meat sampler is a must if you go there to try out the unique meat but it is very fulfilling and the pure Japanese meat is very marbled and difficult to digest so try small sizes. Very good and I highly recommend it.Special Features:
- DisappointedDined on 10/23/2014It is a very nice restaurant been there several times before. Service was not as good this time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still My Favorites24estDined on 10/21/2014I haven't eaten there for over a year, so I was veryhappy to see that it was every nit as outstanding as the first time. I can't say enough about the excellent service, food preparation, presentation, and wine list. I'm going to see if I can make an early reservation for Thanksgiving.Special Features:
- excellent place to dinesteaksDined on 10/21/2014Service is top notch. Love the Hamachi shots. I had the 12ounce prime rib...delicious! Very tender and perfectly cooked and finishing up meal with the cotton candy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/19/2014Wonderful steaks but don't miss the rest of menu. Everything we tried was fantastic - sides as well. Get the truffle fries. Little surprises come between courses.Special Features:
- Amazing!KristinmichelleDined on 10/17/2014Leave your kids at home and enjoy some of the best steak you'll eat. Service was amazing. The food was beyond amazing. The only thing I have to say was not so amazing is we heard a crying baby and there were kids running around a table. Kids are too young to appreciate this food and we went to take a break from ours! Other than that, we have no complaintsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Alexander's Steakhouse Cup LunchmikkyoDined on 10/17/2014This is an awesome place for any meal, or drinks and a snack at the bar. Chef Derek Biazo has some incredible creations, and variations on their regular fare. Staff is welcoming, service top notch, atmosphere at lunch is quieter and more easy going than dinner. We loved the Hamachi Shots and the Steak Tartare. The daily risotto is always a treat, we got a whole serving to have alongside our lunch entrees. The Gyu Kushiyaki and Wagyu Hanger Steak were amazing, cooked to perfection. The Crab Patty Sandwich was perfectly cooked, light and crispy on the outside and not overdone on the inside. Everyone at the table was very pleased and full. Overall, an awesome fine dining experience, in an easy-going lunch style, without too much snobbery.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Memories are made here.romanticheartDined on 10/15/2014Alexander's was the last Birthday surprise of the day for my girlfriend and can say that I saved the best for last. The flowers I had ordered and delivered to the restaurant were sitting on the table when we arrived and her smile never faded from there. Throughout the evening the staff rose to the occassion, were very attentive and offered us tasty morsels to savour and enjoy. On occasions like this you want everything to be perfect, for the fondest memories are made on special occasions and Alexander's does not disappoint. They turned the occasion into the most awesome birthday she every had.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/14/2014definitely fancy decor. Service spot on, very friendly and professional. GREAT cocktails and bartenders. Food good, but not sublime.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/12/2014The food and the table service was fine except the person packed our take home did not do what he or she suppose to do. They gave an empty box with half spoon full potato in it instead of our big bake potato. He or she should tell if they accident dropped it on the floor or something. Don't give us an empty box.Special Features:
- The Best!!OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 10/12/2014This was our second dining experience at Alexander's Steakhouse......and both were very memorable, wonderful evenings. Outstanding food, served by an outstanding wait staff. Highly recommend!!Special Features:
- PretentiousDickDined on 10/11/2014The food is excellent. The price is high although the portions are large. Too pretentious--kimchi, sorbet and cotton candy? The service was average.Special Features:
- Good service, mediocre steaksSteakfanDined on 10/11/2014Heard so much about this place that finally tried it on a special occasion. Nice looking restaurant w/ good service, but my main objective were the steaks (the first food I try as I travel to cultures with a strong steak culture). They were quite disappointing (had the dry-aged porterhouse and the c.a.b. prime rib eye). Fairly bland if you compare them to the stuff you get from Peter Luger in NY, or even from your local Whole Foods.Special Features:
- JohnSinglefiguresDined on 10/8/2014This time food was good, not great (it's usually great). Tables for 2 are a little close together so conversations overlap.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak HousePeteGDined on 10/8/2014I thought it was very tasty. I am not a foodie - so keep that in mind. But the steaks were cooked right and they were really delicious. I have found it hard to get a good steak in NorCal. I'd imagine SF has some great ones too - but I live in South Bay and only rarely go up there. I liked the Hamachi shots too - and the deserts were solid. Wine was fantastic - but we had an ace wine picker in our party. There was nothing wrong with the valet parking (the service was good) but it seems the area could support a larger parking lot - its pretty close to a mall and not in a big city.. It is an expensive place so if value is the key for you - not sure its your cup of tea. But if you want some good steaks - it's a good choice.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/5/2014The food at Alexanders is always amazing. Cant wait to return.Special Features:
- ReivewldinerDined on 10/4/2014Will not dine at an Alexander's again. Potato was cold, no one came to check on our meal they were too busy presenting dishes to other diners to even ask if everything was good. The presentations of the dishes was over the top laughable. Every thing on the plate was pointed to and explained unnecessarily. We knew what the dish consisted of... we read the menu and chose it. Over the top, pretentious without reason to be.
- Lovely Night OutOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/4/2014We had a very great time at Alexander's. I would come back for any special occasions that come up for sure. Food was amazing. The service was very good. It was loud enough for us to feel comfortable talking, but quiet enough for us to hear each other.Special Features:
- no longer what it used to be?QsmomDined on 10/1/2014The service seems to have changed, not sure if it was an off night or if we just had a bad server, but I've been here three times and even to the one in San Francisco and never had service as bad as this time. Food was cold and didn't arrive all together and we were only a table of two. Finally had to ask another server for the missing items. Had to specifically ask for the fresh fish if the day and soup of the day instead of being toldSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steakSteakDined on 10/1/2014Been here a few times and the quality of the steaks varies. This time my steak was perfectly cooked to my taste. Waiter was pleasant and helpful but appeared to be very busy. Noise level was great to start with but got quite noisy as the night went on. Would have liked a little more light so I could see what I was eating more clearly. 2 good experiences out of 3 now. But when I want an epic steak I will go hereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great except for the 63c egg...rdsesqDined on 9/30/2014The food is always great. Steaks are the best in the Bay Area, IMO. If you get the truffled mac& cheese, spring for the lobster addition. It just makes it. The scallops and bone marrow were excellent. The only reason for 4 instead of 5 stars was the salad was supposed to contain a 63c egg. Something must have been wrong with their cooking equipment in the kitchen. The yolks was fully cooked, not runny, and the white was not fully cooked. It's a busy kitchen, things happen. Everybody has an off night. And to their credit, they didn't charge us for the salad. If you are looking for a romantic joint and a carnivore, Alexanders is the place. And get their early and enjoy a drink at the bar before your meal. (If you are so inclined)Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/30/2014Ribeye was tough and hard to cut through. Way too expensive. Averaged $200 each with only one bottle of wine and no desserts. Exceeded corporate threshold of cost per head.Special Features:
- Excellent food and service!!!OneFinalTouchDined on 9/30/2014Wonderful experience at Alexander's! Delicious food, decadent dessert selection, exceptional service and they made my husband's birthday, quite a memorable dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- If you have money too blowlive2eatDined on 9/30/2014If I pay that much for meat. I do not want over powering seasoning. I want the taste of the meat.............Special Features:
- pleasantly surprisedhappyDined on 9/29/2014expecting over the top prices ,but found cost affordable for that special occasion. food/service very good!Special Features:
- Just okdisappointedDined on 9/28/2014For the price, we were expecting a lot more. Server barely checked on us. The lobster mac & cheese that everyone raves about was dry and lacked flavor. The positive was they noticed we barely touched it and took it off of our bill. I definitely appreciated that. The Ribeye steak was decent, but nothing more special than what you'd get at Chili's (sorry). The bone-in filet mignon was pretty good though (4 star). The creamed spinach was quite good. Mashed potatoes were average to above average. I had the Baked California, which was too sweet and I didn't finish it. My wife had the Eclipse, and it had an off taste to it. All in all, the food was just ok, but really disappointing considering the close to $200 price tag for two people.
- Good but PriceyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/27/2014Ate here with my son, whom I was visiting. I was a bit surprised by the prices. It would be ok for a special occasion but a place I would visit on a somewhat regular basis. The cotton candy at the end of the meal was a playful, if a bit strange, surprise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SteakOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/27/2014Everything was wonderful, as always. Only thing my dry aged rib eye had very distinct fatty spots on the edges.Special Features:
- Frequent diners at Alexander'sfoiegrasloverDined on 9/27/2014My husband and I are frequent diners at Alexander's. During the last two visits, the service was subpar. The first of the two servers that we had rushed us. Our most recent visit, was for my sister's birthday and our server forgot a few items that we ordered. She was nice enough to take the items off of the bill. Our previous visits were exceptional. It's unfortunate that our last two visits were unsatisfactory.Special Features:
- Exceptional service, great food...CraigDined on 9/25/2014But be prepared to pay for it!! Wine selection is never ending just like the prices listed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingCarpeDiemVIPDined on 9/24/2014The food and service here have really gone downhill over the years but the prices have not. It took 45 minutes for us to get our appetizer and the steak was not prepared as requested. The waiter was pleasant but mostly unavailable and the kitchen was overloaded. They get away with this because there are so many ignorant techies in the area who do not know any better and think high price means a great restaurant.
- Outstanding beef and presentationoldgeekDined on 9/22/2014Best food I've had at a place called a steakhouse. Kobe style beef available in 3 oz increments, excellent service and artistic presentation. Not inexpensive. Seafood and veggie dishes also very good. Very good wine list and interesting cocktails. They have 13 brands of rye.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WayneDined on 9/21/2014We ordered three medium-rare prime ribs. One was more rare than the other two, but they were all outstanding. The Hamachi shots were very tasty, the steak tartar was excellent, but the French Onion soup was just good and not outstanding. All in all, a very enjoyable dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ArttVIPDined on 9/20/2014Terrific restaurant---great experience---food was superb and the service was perfect. It's my spot for a special occasion....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.