Alexander's on 30th
3391 30th St.
San Diego, CA 92104Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Alexander's on 30th
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.alexanderson30th.com/
- Phone: (619) 281-2539
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Please email your inquiries to special events coordinator, Anna Moya, at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Private Party Facilities: There is one interior private dining room and two private patio dining areas to choose from.
- Private Party Contact: Anna Moya 6192812539
A word from Alexander's on 30th
Voted "Top 25 places to eat before you die," by San Diego Union Tribune.Continued
Visit our website at www.alexanderson30th.com
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Alexander's on 30th - Best Restaurants in North Park ›
Alexander's on 30th reviews from OpenTable diners
146 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (111)romantic (90)fit for foodies (69)special occasion (68)great for outdoor dining (64)good for groups (41)hot spot (27)notable wine list (22)late-night find (17)great for brunch (10)kid-friendly (6)vibrant bar scene (6)great for lunch (5)scenic view (2)Show More
- Reminds me of Old Venice in Pt. LomaBMan1008VIPDined on 11/20/2014Everything was great and reminded me of Old Venice in Pt Loma. I was a little confused at the end when I asked for some ice water and the busser said there wasn't any more ice. We had finished our wine and water 15 minutes earlier and could've really used a nice cold glass of water. Most restaurants nowadays have ice machines. May want to stock up on some ice for the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/17/2014my overall experience was good, however making a reservation and then having to wait 25 minutes for your table was a little annoying!!!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Night!1PDBankExecVIPDined on 11/15/2014Great service by Rex. Delicious dinner and will be back soon for sure. Thx!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BeckiKDined on 11/8/2014We come here frequently and are never disappointed. Caught a beatiful night on their outside patio.Special Features:
- Paul'S REVIEWPaulVIPDined on 11/8/2014Parking is a serious problem in the area of this restaurant. Otherwise, it is a wonderful place with excellent Italian food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- beautiful evening in every wayOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/7/2014Spectacular food, wine, service & ambiance! I highly recommend Alexander's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently goodMarcDined on 10/31/2014Alex and team are always able to offer consistent quality dishes and service. Good basic food at reasonable pricesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the foods gotta be better2tallDined on 10/30/2014Love everything but, an Italian restaurant has to nail spaghetti and meatballs. I've had better from a can heated in the microwaveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Refined Italian CuisineBiweeklyDinerVIPDined on 10/30/2014One of the two Cuisine de Italia restaurants I recommend. Our last visit, one of many, was marred by an unedible clams and pasta due to the extaordinary amount of sand in the clams. I had the Lobster ravioli which was rich and delicious. The cheese board was excellent and the spicy caesar and rustic salads were belissimo! We will return to eat at Alexander's we'll just ask the kitchen to double rinse the clams.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok foodHooksterDined on 10/29/2014Service was ok, it was a slow night so the staff was more concerned with chatting with each other vice taking care of customers. Us and another table had to stand up and get the waiter, food was ok, not great. Wine, good selection and generous portionsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Looking forward to another visitAlexandersDined on 10/25/2014So happy that we tried Alexander's! Looking forward to dining on the patio and trying more menu items, even though the mac and cheese was so rich I could not eat much of it, and our table was off to the side against a window but it was still quite loud inside (was a Saturday night -- totally forgivable but made for difficult conversation even with just 2 of us). Had a great energy inside of the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FABULOUS!!NATEDined on 10/25/2014THE FOOD IS CONSISTENTLY EXCELLENT. THE PRESENTATION OF THE FOOD DISH IS OUTSTANDING. THE SERVICE IS MOST ATTENTIVE. THE CHOICES ON THE MENU ARE QUITE EXTENSIVE AND VARIED. THE PRICES ARE REASONABLE AND COMPETITIVE. WE RECOMMEND ALEXANDERS TO ALL OF OUR FRIENDS. WE LIVE 30 MILES FROM THE RESTAURANT, AND KEEP COMING BACK!!Special Features:
- Our favoritebobbiDined on 10/25/2014Great....always great have been coming since opened....never disappointed. ..great Lasagna. ..Our waiter Nigel did a great jobSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BillDined on 10/25/2014Have been there several times. Food and service very good. We live about a mile away. Parking somewhat effy. Overall a good place to eatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's my favorite placemelyluvsfoodDined on 10/24/2014I have been going to this place for several years now and I love it more every time. Good for celebrations, romantic dinners, and groups of friends. The food... it's delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not LasagnaOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/24/2014The plate of food before me was supposed to be Lasagna...it was tasty...I ate it all...but it wasn't lasagna. It was a shallow bowl with some meat, sauce, and noodles all covered with a too-large helping of cheese. I got none of texture nor flavors I normally associate with great lasagna. Stick with the pizzas.
- Amazing patiobeb2eVIPDined on 10/22/2014If you're looking for a special neighborhood spot for a romantic but low key date, Alexander's is the right place for you - the patio is beautiful! We've been there many times but this visit I had the lasagna for the first time - be aware that they note it as more of a "soupy/dipping lasagna" - definitely not what you're probably used to. While a little more messy than other lasagnas, it's still delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- beautiful placeCalivisitDined on 10/18/2014Place was really awesome. I had a terrible seat next to the door that very chilly when it opened....the food was fantastic...Serving sizes were enormous and the drink menu was spectacular... The place was a bit noisy but when you're in a group or a seat as a couple the place makes you cozy and you forget about the voices....in fact the voices become soothing... The aromas, candles, waiters,and food really set the place off....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZINGanniversarydinnerDined on 10/18/2014the perfect start tomy perfect night on my 2 month anniversary with my girlfriend. She loved the food the ambiance and the service as much as i did !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The meals are delicious.LjdavidDined on 10/13/2014This was our second time eating here! The prices are a high, but we use discount cards, buy one, get one free! Meals are ala carte. I ordered the lobster ravioli again, which is delicious. Everyone seemed to enjoy their meals. It would be nice if they offered a family style salad! We did get yummy bread before our meals.Special Features:
- Food was great!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/11/2014Service was great, just where we were sitting was by the kitchen and it was loud and not well ventilated so the smells coming from the kitchen were strong and not all scents were yummy....overall the food was good and I would recommend maybe sitting on the porch in the back and enjoying a movie or in the room farthest from the kitchen.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- IT was the same PERFECTScottDined on 10/10/2014Perfect. Food Was Great. Service was wonderful. Staff seems concerned about your experience..... Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding food quality!EddyBDined on 10/4/2014You should try this restaurant! The food was great and the place is very unique!!Special Features:
- Girls Night OutAlexDined on 10/4/2014This was the first time visiting Alexander's. There were five girls in our group. The place was beautiful, and the ambiance was wonderful for a small group. The food was delicious. The only thing that could have been better was our waitress. She was slow to take our drink order, and didn't even ask if we wanted to order appetizers while we waited for a couple friends to arrive. We had to call her and ask her to place an order. Once we were all finally there, we ordered our food and it was served pretty quickly. Overall it was a nice experience and I would definitely g back. P.S. Parking was also an issue. It took us several loops around the neighborhood to find parking, and the streets were very dark. Women don't walk alone!Special Features:
- Must Go!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/2/2014I have been to Alexanders on multiple occasions and have always enjoyed the incredible food, service, and ombionce.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ahh-mazing2eatornot2eatDined on 9/26/2014Very nice and romantic ambiance. Food was good except the pizza crust was a bit over cooked (burned) need to be more careful with the oven. Service was excellent. So sorry but I can't remembered our sever's name, very nice girl with beautiful skin. It was a bit nosy and that's because there was a wedding rehearsal dinner. Anyway, my friends and I had a very positive experience, so much that I will be coming again and this time I am bringing my husband. Goof Day !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delightful:)kathyoDined on 9/16/2014From start to finish, from reservation to packaged leftovers...the service, ambiance, selection, taste and thoughtfulness...delightful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- noisy, wrong meal servedFritzDined on 9/13/2014Had a reservation for 8:30 seated 40 minutes later. 3 of us were seated at a table for 2. Noise level not as deafening as it is inside. Lighting at most tables is almost nonexistent. We ordered 2 appetizers, 1 glass of wine and ordered 3 dinners. The waiter brought me a meal I did not order. However at that point I was so hungry I decided to eat the meal he served. Dinner was good, just not great. The restaurant however handled things very professionally at the end. Without me asking or even intimating they should adjust my bill, they not charge for the two appetizers because of the long wait and also did not charge me for the meal they brought me in error.
- Dinner for twoPerfectfor2Dined on 9/13/2014It was a great and perfect place to have a romantic night with my girlfriend. We both loved the atmosphere, food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great decor/ambiancebkinsdDined on 9/13/20141st time visitor. Had a reservation for 8 so wait time to be be seated was negligible. Waiter was not attentive. Most of our table had pasta dishes. Lasagna a little heavy on the tomato sauce. My wife was delighted with her selection. I ordered a pizza, which was overcooked. I should have sent it back, but I couldn't be bothered. Server slow on refills and didn't bother offering dessert or coffees when we got the bill. Pity, as 2 of our party really wanted a coffee and others probably would have had something to join them. At that point the waiter disappeared, so took a while to settle the bill. Overall I liked the experience, ambiance great, especially the outdoor seating. I will probably give it another try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A wonderful eveningkathe90035VIPDined on 9/12/2014We had dinner on the patio; the food and service were so good; loved the filet.Special Features:
- We continue to be spoiledNooYawkerDined on 9/12/2014This was our third visit, and we simply love it. Food was fantastic (filet mignon is to DIE for), and the service was even better. We have nothing at all against dining on the rear patio but we absolutely LOVE their cozy, oversize booths!Special Features:
- Great but too loudclmeryDined on 9/7/2014I've been to Alexander's several times but this was the first time I went for Brunch. Everything was great as usual, except for the music. It was 11am and the music was blaring. You couldn't talk to the person across from you. I asked them to turn it down and they did, but it was still way too loud for brunch. It was the same noise level that you would expect in a bar on a Sat night, not in a restaurant for Sunday brunch. Because of this it was very difficult to enjoy our meal (which in fairness was delicious).I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BirthdaysmeredithsVIPDined on 9/6/2014I have been craving the White Room pizza, so made reservations here for my birthday. Husband and I got seated in Tim's section. Tim had just had an accident with a beer bottle or wine glass (?) hitting his wrist, so had it wrapped and was not as attentive as he wanted to be to our table. He had someone take our order, but then was at our table quickly thereafter and throughout the night. He made sure my birthday experience was extra special and it was. We each had salads, husband had the Naked Fish, I had the White Room pizza. For dessert, he suggested a piece of cake (name escapes me) that is pound cake with white choc shavings. To.die.for - SO good. Thank you Tim for making it an unforgettable birthday! Will be back again soon.Special Features:
- perfect placeMikins55VIPDined on 9/4/2014Sat outside and had terrific food and service. The mussels were yummy. My first visit and will be sure to be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is Amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/3/2014For the app we got the bacon bruschetta (don't remember the name)...delicious. My husband got the lobster ravioli and I got the mac & cheese w/ bacon...delicious. We also ordered the cake with pralines and gelato...very good. It was a little bit noisier that expected, but wasn't bothersome. Oh, and the bread...AMAZING!!!! The service was good. I will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderfultr2020Dined on 9/3/2014Thanks for the wonderful service and incredible meal. It was my first time at Alexander's on 30th and I will definitely be back to this "neighborhood gem"!Special Features:
- Special spotOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/1/2014Sat down and thought, what a great place for a rehearsal dinner, date, friendly gathering or family affair. Loved it. And the food? Fantastic! My family and I have plans to visit again next time I'm in San Diego.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/30/2014Gorgeous atmosphere, very romantic! Delicious food as well! Ill definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the Décor!CocktailsNFoodDined on 8/29/2014Great Ambiance. Even though they don't offer cocktails, their wine & beer selection makes up for this. The food was good, but the service is not that great.They ended up bringing one dish out and gave the other dish to another table. I would have preferred they wouldn't have brought out my dish till both dishes were out, as I ended up eating cold food. For the price that this place charges, I would have expected better organization with the kitchen and servers (I'm sure I would have received better service and attention at a chain restaurant). Loved the décor, and the food is good but not amazing to overlook the service.Special Features: