Alexander's on 30th
3391 30th St.
San Diego, CA 92104Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Alexander's on 30th
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.alexanderson30th.com/
- Phone: 6192812539
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm Brunch: Sunday: 10:30am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Please email your inquiries to special events coordinator, Anna Moya, at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Private Party Facilities: There is one interior private dining room and two private patio dining areas to choose from.
- Private Party Contact: Anna Moya 6192812539
A word from Alexander's on 30th
Voted "Top 25 places to eat before you die," by San Diego Union Tribune.Continued
Visit our website at www.alexanderson30th.com
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Alexander's on 30th reviews from OpenTable diners
183 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (132)romantic (122)special occasion (100)great for outdoor dining (96)fit for foodies (85)good for groups (54)hot spot (31)great for brunch (21)notable wine list (19)late-night find (18)great for lunch (12)kid-friendly (8)vibrant bar scene (5)Show More
- Awesome!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/30/2014Gorgeous atmosphere, very romantic! Delicious food as well! Ill definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the Décor!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014Great Ambiance. Even though they don't offer cocktails, their wine & beer selection makes up for this. The food was good, but the service is not that great.They ended up bringing one dish out and gave the other dish to another table. I would have preferred they wouldn't have brought out my dish till both dishes were out, as I ended up eating cold food. For the price that this place charges, I would have expected better organization with the kitchen and servers (I'm sure I would have received better service and attention at a chain restaurant). Loved the décor, and the food is good but not amazing to overlook the service.Special Features:
- Katherine HallOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/28/2014Great bread before dinner! Would go back just for the bread. Quick service. Reasonable prices. Good for special occasions. Decor was RomanticSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BeverlyDined on 8/27/2014We love this restaurant, not only the food, but the service staff, especially Ashley and Rich are Superb!! Very pretty ambience!!Special Features:
- Off night?nomnomDined on 8/24/2014I've been to Alexander's more than a handful of times and have always enjoyed my dining experience but last night was different than any other night because it was very disappointing. It seemed like it was our waiters first time waiting tables and made for a really awkward and uncomfortable experience because we felt like we had to keep asking for things that he had forgotten. I had the shrimp and scallop scampi but wasn't impressed. I took my leftovers home anyways and when I opened it up the following day I noticed the shrimp they used hadn't been deveined. That's just weird that a restaurant wouldn't devein shrimp. I brought friends there that had never been and I was embarrassed I took them there.
- Awesome!!!JoeyDined on 8/22/2014There is no place better. ;) the staff and the food is top notch in every way!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RkwgolfrrkwgolfrDined on 8/17/2014Went to celebrate my Birthday with family. We had a comfortable table for the nine of us. The service and food was excellent and in walking distance from our house. Would highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!JazziewolfDined on 8/16/2014We had a three course meal for my fiancés birthday. Everything was delicious, and the beer was very good. The only negative thing is the courses took a very long time to come out. We didn't have our phones out at all so we didn't take a long time to order, but going from the appetizer to the main course took an hour. Not that we minded; the food was perfection and it was very romantic. Just expect your meal to take about two hours from start to finish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatbetweenfourand25Dined on 8/16/2014This is a real gem. Started going there when they had coupons. They are much too successful to give out coupons now. Good outdoor and great indoor ambiance. Friendly, competent service. Very accomodating. Will go there again and again.Special Features:
- Delicious and great serviceTraycgDined on 8/11/2014This was my third time visiting Alexander's and I will definitely be back. I've gotten different entree's each time and they've always been delicious. The service is great, the ambiance is very romantic yet it works great for groups and birthday celebrations as well. They've got a wide variety of dishes so that you can bring your most picky eater and your gourmet foodie friend. I've always been able to get reservations there to meet my parties needs, which isn't always an easy task. I don't know exactly how long this restaurant has been in business but I hope its here to stay!Special Features:
- SkipsurfSkipsurfDined on 8/10/2014A real neighborhood find......It really doesn't look like much from the outside but once you step through the door your are treated to a very cool and upbeat decor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently excellentLenniDined on 8/10/2014We have eaten here many times. Each time it is more impressive. The outdoor dining is the best. The white of the tables against the dark of the night is very romantic. Service is wonderful, no one is rushing you. The food is terrific!! And the vintage movie is oh so much fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A neighborhood favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/10/2014The food, ambiance, and service are consistently excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So romantic and fresh Italian!!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/8/2014This is really a stand out Italian restaurant in all of San Diego. The fresh, white interior, the fresh Italian fare and the outstanding wait staff make this a unique and enjoyable experience. A beautiful hip dining room perfect for 2 or a group, it is small and intimate with a great outdoor patio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, way overpriced!PickyPickyDined on 8/5/2014Alexander's is great for date night, when you're willing to spend extra just because. The food is delicious and the portions are under control, but the prices are ridiculous for the relatively amateur service and the tight space between tables.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunch spotOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/3/2014We are so happy Alexander's now serves brunch, it was a delightful experience. The french toast was delicious & the eggs with pancetta was also. Top that off with a Bellini & your set! The DJ was a nice touch for Sunday brunch but was a tad too loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceannaDined on 8/2/2014We went to Alexander's for my husband's birthday since it had outdoor seating, but unfortunately we were rained out. The inside was very cozy and nice, and the food and service were excellent. The lobster ravioli is absolutely delicious and I would highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food & settingAndrewGDined on 8/1/2014Been to Alexander's multiple times, the food is always fantastic. Our four top sat on the outdoor patio for the first time, it was quiet and spacious. Food was delicious as always. Our table had the 38 special and Theodore's fix pizzas, as well as the spicy Caesar salad, and the Millian mac & cheese with bacon. We started with 2 of the bruschetta as well! The salad was not as spicy or garlicky as it's been in the past, but still a very good Caesar. The pizzas were both excellent and the mac & cheese is so rich and a wonderful treat. Our server Rex was timely with the wine service and made our evening great. We will be backSpecial Features:
- Way, way busy!RonAndMikeDined on 7/28/2014Came for Mon. HH special but were told 40 min wait. We had 7:30 res but they don't accept them for HH. We opted to dine off reg menu. We were hungry! Shared the Baby Butter Lettuce Cobb which we liked but it came with mixed greens, not Butter Lettuce. We split the Creole Shrimp pasta special that didn't taste Creole and we didn't care for. Didn't care for the surprise $26 price either. Service was excellent!Special Features:
- Brunchditto2uDined on 7/27/2014The new Sunday Brunch menu is absolutely fantastic. We are visit Alexander's for dinner often and were not disappointed in the least to try the brunch menu on their "opening" Sunday. Lazy Lasagna is amazing. Would care for a vegan choice on the menu.Special Features:
- Top notchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014Great ambiance and excellent food. Perfect birthday dinner. Definitely coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fiancee's birthday dinnerSoCalZDined on 7/24/2014Great service and phenomenal food! We had such a fantastic time and were well accommodated for a party of 12 + 1 high chair. Our waiter kicked butt, probably the best service that we have received in recent months in the San Diego counties at different restaurants. We absolutely love Alexander's, we like to go there for special occasions. Must try gang, the food, ambience, and service are second to none.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GOOD CHOICEOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/22/2014romantic lighting, small homey feel. great food over all a good choice
- Alexanders on 30thPeterDined on 7/22/2014My son recommended Alexanders on 30th for a dinner for a group of 4. My daughter and I arrived first, were greeted cordially and immediately seated. While waiting for my son and his girlfriend to arrive, the waiter took our drink orders and patiently waited. When we were all there he explained the specials and took the other two drink orders. Service was attentive and efficient without being overly intrusive. Food preparation and presentation was top notch. All service people were efficient and friendly. Food quality was also top notch and the seasoning was great. Overall we had a wonderful experienceSpecial Features:
- Excellent OverallDTownFoodieDined on 7/17/2014The food here was great here. All of the pasta dishes we had were very flavorful and the pizza was christy and had a good amount of toppings. The only downfall, because it is all made in time, is that the food takes a while to come out so a quick lunch or dinner here isn't possible. To me that's fine as I know to set aside the time to come here to eat....and trust me, it's worth it. Also, I have the service 4 stars because the night I visited, they were very busy this it took a long time for the server to come around with drinks, our bill, etc. at this time I'm going to assume that was an anomaly and not a standard.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad service overshadows good foodSDdiner73VIPDined on 7/17/2014Sadly, after many many years loving this restaurant and the good food, repeated bad service has caused us to agree we won't be back. The management clearly hasn't trained it's staff properly and aside from our bus boy, no one seemed to care. We made a reservation, were placed by the dish washing kitchen, waited 10+ minutes and had then had to ask for water. Our waiter was inept and careless, had the bus boy take our order, we had to ask for everything that should have been delivered and waits were long, he was MIA except when we were given the check. He didn't even return to collect it. This was the case at our prior visit with another server. Top to bottom sad service. The food was excellent as always but at this point, doesn't matter.:(Special Features:
- excellentrichardDined on 7/17/2014the food was excellent. The service was superb. The abient was excellent. I would go back with my guests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Double Datedatenight2Dined on 7/13/2014Husband and I invited our neighbors here for a nice double date dinner. It was a little louder than we expected but did not mind the energetic vibe. The food was amazing as usual!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed in Foodluv2dineDined on 7/12/2014Our family has been going to Alexander's for years and always has had a great overall experience with both food and service. However, this time appetizers came out too late, after salads, and dinner followed very quickly after finally finishing apps and salads. Would have liked to enjoy all parts of our meal at a leisurely pace. Service was nothing special, food brought too quickly and then we were left for long periods and had very short check ins. Overall, not the service we have enjoyed that made each visit feel special. Hopefully this will be a one time deal and we can return and enjoy once again.Special Features:
- Very GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/10/2014Our reservation was handled very promptly. The service was great. The food was also very good. This was our fourth time there. The parking was the only the only problem. A very small lot behind the placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Casual elegance.fruitflyDined on 7/10/2014The food is amazing. Great pasta... my favorite Ceasar salad around. I had a pizza and ceasar with a great red wine. Big pricate comfy booths inside... outside is a pretty patio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ElizabethVIPDined on 7/9/2014We had heard all sorts of good things, but we rarely go out for Italian, much less in North Park. We made a last minute reservation and walked over. We were seated promptly, with the option of sitting farther from a noisier group, which we appreciated. The food was delicious, the wait staff was attentive, and the location was great. We felt a little underdressed for a weeknight, but we'll definitely keep it on our list for quiet nights out.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/8/2014Fish was overcooked. Pasta was salty and too oily.
- Amazing Food--Not so Amazing FeelOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/7/2014I thoroughly enjoyed the food at Alexander's but was very disappointed in the ambiance. My boyfriend and I came for our anniversary and was expecting a romantic, upscale experience. Our table was in the corner of the room with flies everywhere. For such a high price I would think a clean fly free environment is a guarantee.Special Features:
- UpsetDissapointedSDVIPDined on 7/6/2014Reservation was schedule for 915pm When we got there they told us on sunday they close at 9pm. So why they give reservations through open table at 9 pm.Special Features:
- as always, a delightful experienceGreatFoodFanDined on 7/5/2014We frequently go to Alexander's, even though it's about a 20 min. drive for us. This time, we had Rex as our waiter. He's fantastic, as are almost everyone who works there. Both my husband and I are trying to avoid pasta, so we asked for our meals with vegetables rather than pasta. Rex was happy to comply. Both entrees were delicious. We think Alexander's is one of the most attractive restaurants in San Diego. We are never disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Night on SaturdayRickinsdVIPDined on 7/5/2014We like Alexander's a lot and are usually there once a month for dinner and it's usually very good, this past Saturday, the food was just exceptional, the Pasta special was incredible and the entire meal was excellent, it is a great place to go with your wife/girlfriend and friends and have a great night of food, drinks and relaxing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ambienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/5/2014We love coming here on Mondays for the $1 beers and the special on Pizza. Went on a Sat. to celebrate my gf bday and the service was excellent and so was the ambiance. Would def. go back.Special Features:
- Food was amazing!GetInMyBelly101Dined on 7/5/2014Our service was average unfortunately. He forgot a couple things we asked for. Seemed like he was avoiding us, or just antisocial. We don't like feeling rushed when were eating or ordering. Ordered a bottle of wine and was hanging out eating a app, and it seemed like he just wanted us to order our entrees immediately. Loved the ambience of the restaurant and the food! Ordered the Caesars Salad, and a seafood tortellini pasta and they both tasted like love. Everything else was spot on, just wasn't too crazy about our server. Lack of service seems to be a north park trend though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never failsScepiDined on 6/29/2014We go to Alexander's every year for my birthday, special occasions, & when we want a guaranteed great experience, & perfect food. We have tried out different Italian restaurants in San Diego, ( I'm a born, & raised New York Italian) and we live 2 blocks over from little Italy, but we always come back to Alexander's. Nobody comes close. They are the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.