4077 Tamiami Trail North
Naples, FL 34103Neighborhood:
Contemporary EuropeanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.alexandersnaples.com/
- Phone: 2392624999
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30pm - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Closed Sunday
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Contemporary European, International
- Executive Chef: Alexander
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: holds up to 18pp
- Private Party Contact: Dianna Hawley 2399618073
A word from Alexander's
Alexander's is a small European style Restaurant. Chef owned and operated with his wife Monika from Germany have been serving Neapolitans for more than twenty years. Serving lunch and dinner October thru May, Chef Alexander and his Professional staff will look forward to meet you and hope that you will have a memorable dining experience.We offer a casual fine dining in a elegant but comfortable dining room along with a beautiful garden setting. (Zagat Rated)Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Alexander's reviews from OpenTable diners
22 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (21)neighborhood gem (13)special occasion (13)fit for foodies (11)romantic (8)great for lunch (4)notable wine list (2)good for groups (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/28/2014I have been a customer for a number of years and the food, service always exceptional. The menu is varied and quite appealing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a findBugtamaraVIPDined on 10/25/2014This was our first time and we can't wait to go back. The staff the food truly wonderful. They are welcoming warmThank you for the great evening everyoneSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConsistentFoodieDined on 10/25/2014Very good menu for persons w/celiac. Friendly for sharing plates.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistencyeat2muchVIPDined on 10/24/2014The ambience when outdoor dining is available is quaint and romantic. A little off the beaten path makes it quiet and "conversation friendly". The chef continues to provide good taste with creative presentations. Service is usually very good, but this trip was somewhat less attentive than normal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Badly in need of a remodelMeateaterDined on 10/18/2014Food here was mostly good making it even more sad that the service and ambiance are reminiscent of a funeral home. If you don't have a pacemaker, you may not make it through dinner here
- ALEXANDERSEATSOUTDined on 10/18/2014WE ENJOYED THE FOOD AS ALWAYS BUT THIS VIST WAS MARED BY THE POOR SERVICE. OUR WAITER WAS FINE BUT THE KITCHEN ONLY HAD TWO CHIEFS FOR 140 DINER NIGHT AND IT TOOK A VERY LONG TIME TO GET OUR DINNERS. NO ONE CAME TO APPOLOGIZE OR OFFER A DRINK OR APPITIZER--INDEED THE MANAGEMENT DID NOT ACKNOWLEDGE THEIR POOR SERVICE AT ALL. WE ARE DISAPPOINTED ENOUGH TO TAKE IT OFF OUR LIST.Special Features:
- lunch specialAuntieADined on 10/14/2014was shrimp primevera....large vegetables should have been cut up, shrimp was over cooked....entire dish was disappointing.Special Features:
- Hidden GemIsavanteDined on 10/11/2014This restaurant is tucked away in a small business area. It is a real gem as far as ambiance and cuisine.Special Features:
- Great Food, Great ServiceSrCitizenDined on 10/11/2014Alexander's always produces excellent food and renders very professional and attentive service. The menu is classic, and every dish I have had is excellent. We dined off the early dining menu (which changes weekly) on Saturday. While many early dining menus are pedestrian (and uninviting), I had cioppino which was flavored as well as any I can recall. The other choices also offered a flair in terms of sauce or offering. And, Jon provided an excellent level of service. Alexander's reconfirmed it position as one of my very favorite Naples restaurants for both lunch and dinner.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 10/10/2014The food was excellent, as was the service. We ate in doors and it was comfortable and quiet--conducive to visiting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FavoriteSSBurmasteDined on 10/8/2014This has been my wife's favorite restaurant in Naples for many years.Special Features:
- Alexander'sRosieDined on 10/8/2014This is a 5 star restaurant and in my eyes the best in Naples Fl for the 20 years I have lived here.Special Features:
- litlejolittlejoDined on 10/7/2014I ordered veal medallions and the arrived way thicker than I thought -- and very tough -- did not enjoy my dinner -- but everyone in our party did. It was much too dark for my husband (he is slightly vision impaired) so we probably would book inside next time. But we are not rushing back....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Open of 2014/15 season!BAMADined on 10/1/2014The service and food was wonderful. Full of locals that know were to eat and to get special service. The chef loves what he does and it shows in his food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply deliciousnaplesfoodyDined on 9/25/2014Alex consistently prepares what I believe are the most creative and delicious dishes in Naples. Great staff and courtyard for dining outside. Everything is fresh and beautifully prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My Favorite RestaurantSSBurmasteDined on 9/25/2014Alexander's has been my favorite restaurant for many years. They have a prix fixe menu that is perfect for me. This was their Fall re-opening after closing for the Summer.Special Features:
- The following 384 reviews are from the Alexander's reviews archive.
- Restaurant was closedChris62Dined on 5/31/2014Bad surprise on May 31st: on their home page, it was stated that Alexander's is open until end of May and therefore I booked a table and got a confirmation that the reservation was OK. However, when we arrived at the Restaurant, it was closed and and an information said that they are closed for the summer, re-opening in September. Why did they not switch off the online reservation system?????
- Will try againmjcNJDined on 5/24/2014Unfortunately we did not know it was their last night before closing for the season. They had a closing menu which did not have many of their usual dishes. Since it was our first time there and heard such good reviews I will give it another try in season. Food was very good but wine selection was limited and the first bottle they gave us was not good and too warm. Service was just ok and the AC was not working properly, very uncomfortable sitting in the dining room.Special Features:
- jrosVIPDined on 5/23/2014Food was great as was our wonderful server, Scott.Special Features:
- foodfinderVIPDined on 5/21/2014We had delicious veal medallions and lamb chops with wonderful bottle of wine!! LOVE Alexander's and eating at their bar. We will miss them as they close from June-August. See them again for sure in September!!Special Features:
- Hidden Treasurefood4usDined on 5/15/2014Alexander's has been in the same location for years. If having dinner outside, remember it is cooler as the sun sets. The food is great, attitude of staff tremendous and I always have a good experience. Local people are aware of the restaurant but it is hidden behind some buildings so don't be surprised if you have a bit of difficulty finding it.Special Features:
- Hidden Gemmrpz1VIPDined on 5/13/2014Always great food and presentation. We take new friends and clients there, a quiet hidden gem that feels like home.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/10/2014Very unimaginative menu. Food was marginally acceptable. Outside venue was nice, but we were seated inside and the decor was very dated and drab. Would not return.
- Bravo!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/10/2014The food quality is excellent--presentation is lovely--service is great-- ambiance is delightful. Wonderful variety in both lunch and dinner. Could not ask for anything more!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very SpecialOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/9/2014We had a very lovely meal at Alexanders. Best we have had at this Restaurant. Judy FelixSpecial Features:
- enjoyableHanksterVIPDined on 5/7/2014Overall all was good, meals or let me say my meal could have been hotter.Special Features:
- Fabulous restaurant!PattiDined on 5/7/2014Fantastic restaurant with a knowledgeable, attentive & friendly staff. We were not rushed and it was a very relaxing evening. It was great to find a restaurant where you can carry on a conversation without having to shout across the table. The food was fresh and the size of the portions were perfect. The wonderful menu made it very difficult to choose what to order and everyone thoroughly enjoyed the food. Can't wait to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb!DebbieDined on 5/7/2014We spent a delightful evening at Alexander's, eating outside in the garden setting. With the help of our wonderful server John, we ordered at our table, the scallops and salmon. Everyone raved about their meals. Perfect flavor and portion size.Special Features:
- Excellent as AlwaysReds2BengalsVIPDined on 4/30/2014We always enjoy dining at Alexander's. The food is consistently excellent and service and atmosphere among the best of any restaurant in Naples. The macadamia crusted black grouper is outstanding! We have brought many friends there for their first time and they all choose to return. It is our favorite restaurant in Naples.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/30/2014Always a pleasure, never a disappointment. Excellent food well prepared and presented.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Most Beautiful dining in NaplesVogyVIPDined on 4/28/2014OK, I am crazy about the place, having eaten there 14 times this season. The owner and chef, Alex, is the one doing the actual preperation in the kitchen. It also has the most beautiful outside dining in Naples.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor serviceErnestoVIPDined on 4/26/2014The dining room was very hot, apparently no AC Our entrees did not come for 1hour and 20minutes after our salad was presented. This is not acceptable!v Fortunately our guests were gracious.
- OutstandingJeanaVIPDined on 4/26/2014Fabulous resturant both inside and under the stars. Food was excellent and the service superb. Highly recommend Alexanders.Special Features:
- BootsyBootsyDined on 4/26/2014The waiter that served our table on Saturday night was one of the worst I have seen in Naples. He mixed up the orders & one of our guests had to wait an extra 20 minutes for him to resolve that issue. The runners that served each course had no idea who was having what & had to ask who has the softshell crabs, who has the fish,. Not very professional. The food however was excellent as usual.Special Features:
- Chef-owned Treasure & Naples GemFifiFoodieVIPDined on 4/25/2014This locally popular place is the best kept secret in Naples for seasonal dining (closed in summer). The outdoor patio is secluded and nestled among lighted trees: on a balmy evening it is an exceptional experience. Alexander is a superb chef, cookbook author, wine expert, and cooking teacher. Every dish is delicious, prepared with care, and sized so that it is possible - if desired - to enjoy appetizers through dessert. Healthy options, such as gluten-free, are starred. Don't miss the Phyllo-wrapped shrimp appetizer. Prices are extremely reasonable for the quality and creativity of the ever-changing menu. The annual wine dinner is the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outside diningLangerVIPDined on 4/25/2014What a beautiful evening sitting outside under the stars. The food was outstanding, service wonderful, wine good. Very enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely CourtyardLovestodineVIPDined on 4/25/2014Delicious food, excellent service, good wine....the courtyard with lighting lends to an intimate atmosphere to enjoy Florida's beautiful weather.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always dependableOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 4/25/2014I have been to Alexander's many times. I choose it often for lunch outside on the patio with my girlfriends. Alexander's has the best outdoor dining in town. The Thai salad was very good. Sometimes they "overdress" it so ask for it lightly dressed and it will be perfect!Special Features:
- A Hidden Treasure1winesnobDined on 4/23/2014If you are in Naples during season or off season this eatery, off the beaten path, is a must. Tucked behind a small strip mall sits a jewel of a restaurant. My family of 5 adults and 3 children were served quickly and efficently without missing a beat. The children's filet was just enough for them. The home made bread was right out of the oven. The wine list was super. Key Lime pie fresh and my son's favorite. 5 stars to all at Alexander's. I will be back.Special Features:
- Charmed lunchLynNapDined on 4/23/2014Always surprised how quiet and serene this restaurant is so close to 41. Outdoor ambiance is wonderful. Great place for a business or girlfriends' lunch. Relaxing and attentive service. The beet salad with goat cheese is delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.