4077 Tamiami Trail North
Naples, FL 34103Neighborhood:
Contemporary EuropeanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.alexandersnaples.com/
- Phone: (239) 262-4999
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30pm - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Closed Sunday
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Contemporary European, International
- Executive Chef: Alexander
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: holds up to 18pp
- Private Party Contact: Dianna Hawley 2399618073
A word from Alexander's
Alexander's is a small European style Restaurant. Chef owned and operated with his wife Monika from Germany have been serving Neapolitans for more than twenty years. Serving lunch and dinner October thru May, Chef Alexander and his Professional staff will look forward to meet you and hope that you will have a memorable dining experience.We offer a casual fine dining in a elegant but comfortable dining room along with a beautiful garden setting. (Zagat Rated)Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Alexander's - Best Restaurants in Naples ›
Alexander's reviews from OpenTable diners
46 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (42)neighborhood gem (25)special occasion (25)fit for foodies (23)romantic (15)great for lunch (11)notable wine list (4)good for groups (3)late-night find (1)Show More
- Nice eveningcbknDined on 11/17/2014We haven't been there for a few years and had forgotten how good the restaurant is. It does not have liquor, but an ample wine selection fairly priced fits this European/ French spot just fine to complement many delicious menu choices. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/15/2014Asked for outside well in advance did't get it. Looked like only fours outside we were two. Very disappointed. Starter special Mussels were over cooked. Entree, filet, was nothing special. I was expecting better
- Very disappointing!LuvitalianfoodVIPDined on 11/12/2014They were having a wine party this evening and I think they forgot about their regular customers! We ordered, got our soup,and salads with some delay, had to ask for bread which came after we were finished with soup and salads. We waited over 1 hour before our main course came and every dish was lukewarm. At that point we just wanted to eat and leave. We will not recommend This restaurant or return.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 11/10/2014Dining at Alexander's is always a pleasure. The menu offers a variety of selections different than many other restaurants. The service is always great with friendly staff. The crispy duck and lamb shanks are favorites.Special Features:
- Not disappointingfine4dineDined on 11/8/2014We we're hosting this dinner for company and we were overwhelmed by the service and excellent food. We sat inside but next time hopefully we'll sit outsiside. Alexander's patio was welcoming and the ambiance was beautiful. We wern't offered a second cup of coffee but otherwise no complaints..Special Features:
- European AmbianceLynNapDined on 11/3/2014Never disappoints. Tucked away from the noise of 41, Alexander's reminds me of European bistros, dining under the stars, twinkling lights in the trees. Gourmet choices and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mid town favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014We particularly enjoy the outside as the tables are too close together in side and it is noisy, plus I can take my dog outside. It was cool , but we took sweaters and with the heaters we were fine. I would like to see more Italian Chianti Classicos on the wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mr FoodiediningdivaDined on 11/1/2014Everything we ordered was great. The quantity of cerviche was overly small however, so wouldn't order it again, but the fried calamari was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our friends were right!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/1/2014Alexander's was recommended to us on Friday night and we couldn't wait to try it . We were very lucky to get in and were very, very pleased with the food, as they were. As a party of 4 we all had various dishes and each of us thought our meal was delicious. We had the lobster bisque and butternut squash soups as our starters. Our main dish choices were the scallops, tenderloin with peppercorn or blue cheese and the macadamian nut crusted grouper. All were fantastic! We will be sharing this hidden gem with more friends this season.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Taste and quality sensationCaseysVIPDined on 10/31/2014One of our very favorite restaurants in Naples for lunch. The freshness and quality of the ingredients can be counted on. The menu would appeal to anyone enjoying fine cuisine. The prices are very reasonable for the quality of food and service.Special Features:
- Best Restaurant in SW FloridaOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/29/2014We look forward to Alexander's every trip. Everything is fabulous from the ambiance, to the service, wine list and food. The best snapper I have ever had!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice setting for a business lunch4u2no2Dined on 10/29/2014Tasty food and nice atmosphere - all for a reasonable price. My only complaint was that the food service was a little slow considering the small number of guests at the restaurant. I will definitely go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BillDined on 10/28/2014I have been a customer for a number of years and the food, service always exceptional. The menu is varied and quite appealing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a findBugtamaraVIPDined on 10/25/2014This was our first time and we can't wait to go back. The staff the food truly wonderful. They are welcoming warmThank you for the great evening everyoneSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConsistentFoodieVIPDined on 10/25/2014Very good menu for persons w/celiac. Friendly for sharing plates.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistencyeat2muchVIPDined on 10/24/2014The ambience when outdoor dining is available is quaint and romantic. A little off the beaten path makes it quiet and "conversation friendly". The chef continues to provide good taste with creative presentations. Service is usually very good, but this trip was somewhat less attentive than normal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Badly in need of a remodelMeateaterDined on 10/18/2014Food here was mostly good making it even more sad that the service and ambiance are reminiscent of a funeral home. If you don't have a pacemaker, you may not make it through dinner here
- ALEXANDERSEATSOUTDined on 10/18/2014WE ENJOYED THE FOOD AS ALWAYS BUT THIS VIST WAS MARED BY THE POOR SERVICE. OUR WAITER WAS FINE BUT THE KITCHEN ONLY HAD TWO CHIEFS FOR 140 DINER NIGHT AND IT TOOK A VERY LONG TIME TO GET OUR DINNERS. NO ONE CAME TO APPOLOGIZE OR OFFER A DRINK OR APPITIZER--INDEED THE MANAGEMENT DID NOT ACKNOWLEDGE THEIR POOR SERVICE AT ALL. WE ARE DISAPPOINTED ENOUGH TO TAKE IT OFF OUR LIST.Special Features:
- lunch specialAuntieADined on 10/14/2014was shrimp primevera....large vegetables should have been cut up, shrimp was over cooked....entire dish was disappointing.Special Features:
- Hidden GemIsavanteDined on 10/11/2014This restaurant is tucked away in a small business area. It is a real gem as far as ambiance and cuisine.Special Features:
- Great Food, Great ServiceSrCitizenDined on 10/11/2014Alexander's always produces excellent food and renders very professional and attentive service. The menu is classic, and every dish I have had is excellent. We dined off the early dining menu (which changes weekly) on Saturday. While many early dining menus are pedestrian (and uninviting), I had cioppino which was flavored as well as any I can recall. The other choices also offered a flair in terms of sauce or offering. And, Jon provided an excellent level of service. Alexander's reconfirmed it position as one of my very favorite Naples restaurants for both lunch and dinner.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 10/10/2014The food was excellent, as was the service. We ate in doors and it was comfortable and quiet--conducive to visiting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FavoriteSSBurmasteDined on 10/8/2014This has been my wife's favorite restaurant in Naples for many years.Special Features:
- Alexander'sRosieDined on 10/8/2014This is a 5 star restaurant and in my eyes the best in Naples Fl for the 20 years I have lived here.Special Features:
- litlejolittlejoDined on 10/7/2014I ordered veal medallions and the arrived way thicker than I thought -- and very tough -- did not enjoy my dinner -- but everyone in our party did. It was much too dark for my husband (he is slightly vision impaired) so we probably would book inside next time. But we are not rushing back....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Open of 2014/15 season!BAMADined on 10/1/2014The service and food was wonderful. Full of locals that know were to eat and to get special service. The chef loves what he does and it shows in his food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply deliciousnaplesfoodyDined on 9/25/2014Alex consistently prepares what I believe are the most creative and delicious dishes in Naples. Great staff and courtyard for dining outside. Everything is fresh and beautifully prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My Favorite RestaurantSSBurmasteDined on 9/25/2014Alexander's has been my favorite restaurant for many years. They have a prix fixe menu that is perfect for me. This was their Fall re-opening after closing for the Summer.Special Features:
- The following 384 reviews are from the Alexander's reviews archive.
- Restaurant was closedChris62Dined on 5/31/2014Bad surprise on May 31st: on their home page, it was stated that Alexander's is open until end of May and therefore I booked a table and got a confirmation that the reservation was OK. However, when we arrived at the Restaurant, it was closed and and an information said that they are closed for the summer, re-opening in September. Why did they not switch off the online reservation system?????
- Will try againmjcNJDined on 5/24/2014Unfortunately we did not know it was their last night before closing for the season. They had a closing menu which did not have many of their usual dishes. Since it was our first time there and heard such good reviews I will give it another try in season. Food was very good but wine selection was limited and the first bottle they gave us was not good and too warm. Service was just ok and the AC was not working properly, very uncomfortable sitting in the dining room.Special Features:
- jrosVIPDined on 5/23/2014Food was great as was our wonderful server, Scott.Special Features:
- foodfinderVIPDined on 5/21/2014We had delicious veal medallions and lamb chops with wonderful bottle of wine!! LOVE Alexander's and eating at their bar. We will miss them as they close from June-August. See them again for sure in September!!Special Features:
- Hidden Treasurefood4usDined on 5/15/2014Alexander's has been in the same location for years. If having dinner outside, remember it is cooler as the sun sets. The food is great, attitude of staff tremendous and I always have a good experience. Local people are aware of the restaurant but it is hidden behind some buildings so don't be surprised if you have a bit of difficulty finding it.Special Features:
- Hidden Gemmrpz1VIPDined on 5/13/2014Always great food and presentation. We take new friends and clients there, a quiet hidden gem that feels like home.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/10/2014Very unimaginative menu. Food was marginally acceptable. Outside venue was nice, but we were seated inside and the decor was very dated and drab. Would not return.
- Bravo!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/10/2014The food quality is excellent--presentation is lovely--service is great-- ambiance is delightful. Wonderful variety in both lunch and dinner. Could not ask for anything more!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very SpecialOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/9/2014We had a very lovely meal at Alexanders. Best we have had at this Restaurant. Judy FelixSpecial Features:
- enjoyableHanksterVIPDined on 5/7/2014Overall all was good, meals or let me say my meal could have been hotter.Special Features:
- Fabulous restaurant!PattiDined on 5/7/2014Fantastic restaurant with a knowledgeable, attentive & friendly staff. We were not rushed and it was a very relaxing evening. It was great to find a restaurant where you can carry on a conversation without having to shout across the table. The food was fresh and the size of the portions were perfect. The wonderful menu made it very difficult to choose what to order and everyone thoroughly enjoyed the food. Can't wait to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb!DebbieDined on 5/7/2014We spent a delightful evening at Alexander's, eating outside in the garden setting. With the help of our wonderful server John, we ordered at our table, the scallops and salmon. Everyone raved about their meals. Perfect flavor and portion size.Special Features: