4077 Tamiami Trail North
Naples, FL 34103Neighborhood:
Contemporary EuropeanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.alexandersnaples.com/
- Phone: 2392624999
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30pm - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Closed Sunday
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Contemporary European, International
- Executive Chef: Alexander
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: holds up to 18pp
- Private Party Contact: Dianna Hawley 2399618073
A word from Alexander's
Alexander's is a small European style Restaurant. Chef owned and operated with his wife Monika from Germany have been serving Neapolitans for more than twenty years. Serving lunch and dinner October thru May, Chef Alexander and his Professional staff will look forward to meet you and hope that you will have a memorable dining experience.We offer a casual fine dining in a elegant but comfortable dining room along with a beautiful garden setting. (Zagat Rated)Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Alexander's - Best Restaurants in Naples ›
Alexander's reviews from OpenTable diners
24 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (18)neighborhood gem (11)romantic (9)great for lunch (9)fit for foodies (8)special occasion (8)notable wine list (5)scenic view (4)good for groups (3)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Restaurant was closedChris62Dined on 5/31/2014Bad surprise on May 31st: on their home page, it was stated that Alexander's is open until end of May and therefore I booked a table and got a confirmation that the reservation was OK. However, when we arrived at the Restaurant, it was closed and and an information said that they are closed for the summer, re-opening in September. Why did they not switch off the online reservation system?????
- Will try againmjcNJDined on 5/24/2014Unfortunately we did not know it was their last night before closing for the season. They had a closing menu which did not have many of their usual dishes. Since it was our first time there and heard such good reviews I will give it another try in season. Food was very good but wine selection was limited and the first bottle they gave us was not good and too warm. Service was just ok and the AC was not working properly, very uncomfortable sitting in the dining room.Special Features:
- jrosVIPDined on 5/23/2014Food was great as was our wonderful server, Scott.Special Features:
- foodfinderVIPDined on 5/21/2014We had delicious veal medallions and lamb chops with wonderful bottle of wine!! LOVE Alexander's and eating at their bar. We will miss them as they close from June-August. See them again for sure in September!!Special Features:
- Hidden Treasurefood4usDined on 5/15/2014Alexander's has been in the same location for years. If having dinner outside, remember it is cooler as the sun sets. The food is great, attitude of staff tremendous and I always have a good experience. Local people are aware of the restaurant but it is hidden behind some buildings so don't be surprised if you have a bit of difficulty finding it.Special Features:
- Hidden Gemmrpz1VIPDined on 5/13/2014Always great food and presentation. We take new friends and clients there, a quiet hidden gem that feels like home.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/10/2014Very unimaginative menu. Food was marginally acceptable. Outside venue was nice, but we were seated inside and the decor was very dated and drab. Would not return.
- Bravo!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/10/2014The food quality is excellent--presentation is lovely--service is great-- ambiance is delightful. Wonderful variety in both lunch and dinner. Could not ask for anything more!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very SpecialOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/9/2014We had a very lovely meal at Alexanders. Best we have had at this Restaurant. Judy FelixSpecial Features:
- enjoyableHanksterVIPDined on 5/7/2014Overall all was good, meals or let me say my meal could have been hotter.Special Features:
- Fabulous restaurant!PattiDined on 5/7/2014Fantastic restaurant with a knowledgeable, attentive & friendly staff. We were not rushed and it was a very relaxing evening. It was great to find a restaurant where you can carry on a conversation without having to shout across the table. The food was fresh and the size of the portions were perfect. The wonderful menu made it very difficult to choose what to order and everyone thoroughly enjoyed the food. Can't wait to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb!DebbieDined on 5/7/2014We spent a delightful evening at Alexander's, eating outside in the garden setting. With the help of our wonderful server John, we ordered at our table, the scallops and salmon. Everyone raved about their meals. Perfect flavor and portion size.Special Features:
- The following 372 reviews are from the Alexander's reviews archive.
- Excellent as AlwaysReds2BengalsVIPDined on 4/30/2014We always enjoy dining at Alexander's. The food is consistently excellent and service and atmosphere among the best of any restaurant in Naples. The macadamia crusted black grouper is outstanding! We have brought many friends there for their first time and they all choose to return. It is our favorite restaurant in Naples.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/30/2014Always a pleasure, never a disappointment. Excellent food well prepared and presented.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Most Beautiful dining in NaplesVogyVIPDined on 4/28/2014OK, I am crazy about the place, having eaten there 14 times this season. The owner and chef, Alex, is the one doing the actual preperation in the kitchen. It also has the most beautiful outside dining in Naples.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor serviceErnestoVIPDined on 4/26/2014The dining room was very hot, apparently no AC Our entrees did not come for 1hour and 20minutes after our salad was presented. This is not acceptable!v Fortunately our guests were gracious.
- OutstandingJeanaDined on 4/26/2014Fabulous resturant both inside and under the stars. Food was excellent and the service superb. Highly recommend Alexanders.Special Features:
- BootsyBootsyDined on 4/26/2014The waiter that served our table on Saturday night was one of the worst I have seen in Naples. He mixed up the orders & one of our guests had to wait an extra 20 minutes for him to resolve that issue. The runners that served each course had no idea who was having what & had to ask who has the softshell crabs, who has the fish,. Not very professional. The food however was excellent as usual.Special Features:
- Chef-owned Treasure & Naples GemFifiFoodieVIPDined on 4/25/2014This locally popular place is the best kept secret in Naples for seasonal dining (closed in summer). The outdoor patio is secluded and nestled among lighted trees: on a balmy evening it is an exceptional experience. Alexander is a superb chef, cookbook author, wine expert, and cooking teacher. Every dish is delicious, prepared with care, and sized so that it is possible - if desired - to enjoy appetizers through dessert. Healthy options, such as gluten-free, are starred. Don't miss the Phyllo-wrapped shrimp appetizer. Prices are extremely reasonable for the quality and creativity of the ever-changing menu. The annual wine dinner is the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outside diningLangerVIPDined on 4/25/2014What a beautiful evening sitting outside under the stars. The food was outstanding, service wonderful, wine good. Very enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely CourtyardLovestodineVIPDined on 4/25/2014Delicious food, excellent service, good wine....the courtyard with lighting lends to an intimate atmosphere to enjoy Florida's beautiful weather.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always dependableOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 4/25/2014I have been to Alexander's many times. I choose it often for lunch outside on the patio with my girlfriends. Alexander's has the best outdoor dining in town. The Thai salad was very good. Sometimes they "overdress" it so ask for it lightly dressed and it will be perfect!Special Features:
- A Hidden Treasure1winesnobDined on 4/23/2014If you are in Naples during season or off season this eatery, off the beaten path, is a must. Tucked behind a small strip mall sits a jewel of a restaurant. My family of 5 adults and 3 children were served quickly and efficently without missing a beat. The children's filet was just enough for them. The home made bread was right out of the oven. The wine list was super. Key Lime pie fresh and my son's favorite. 5 stars to all at Alexander's. I will be back.Special Features:
- Charmed lunchLynNapDined on 4/23/2014Always surprised how quiet and serene this restaurant is so close to 41. Outdoor ambiance is wonderful. Great place for a business or girlfriends' lunch. Relaxing and attentive service. The beet salad with goat cheese is delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DxbfoodieDined on 4/22/2014We didn't have the best table and outside was full .food was acceptable, the service made it worthwhile.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time at Alexander'sPhilDined on 4/21/2014I had heard about this restaurant for years and finally got around to having dinner thee. We were all very pleased with the menu, quiet ambience, and quality of the food for the price. They had a nice out door dining area. We chose to sit inside because it was a little cool that night. Service was ok but server made mistae on drink order and appeared to be annoid that we did not order appetizers, dessert or after dinner drinks.Special Features:
- Still the BestLocalguy74Dined on 4/20/2014Alexander's remains our favorite restaurant in Naples. The food, service, ambience are always excellent & consistent. Both indoor & outdoor dining are quiet & a terrific place to dine & be able to carry on a normal conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great birthday dinner under gazeboMorganVIPDined on 4/19/2014Put that it was birthday in reservation comments box and had special gazebo outside all set for us. It was beautiful! Food was amazing and great portions and flavor for all our meals despite the variety. Although gazebo was great and private, felt a little ignored by servers with bread and water but our main waitress was fabulous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a nice surpriseLesBDined on 4/16/2014We tried Alexander's for the first time on 4/16/14 and we were so happy that we did. It is close to home, has a lovely outdoor garden patio seating area and a nice interior as well. The food was delicious. Service was fine and the menu was varied. Even the special menu looked wonderful. We will definitely make it a regular place to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousSusieqDined on 4/16/2014Dinner is always good, always special, and always a dining delight. Service very good. A gemSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Alexander's in Naples, FlLarryDined on 4/14/2014Very beautiful outdoor dining. Reminded me of Europe. Everything was excellent, service, food, ambience. Everyone in my party was quite pleased and said they would returnSpecial Features:
- No complaints!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/12/2014Thoroughly wonderful evening with excellent food, wine and service. We would and do recommend Alexander's to all our friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/10/2014Great food and friendly Service. Portion were small. Wine list was remarkable. Nice place!Special Features:
- Almost everything was fine.RonEDined on 4/9/2014Almost everything was fine. Only negative was a loooong wait for the dinner to be served.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/9/2014I was very satisfied with all aspects of the dinner. My wife was celebrating her 85th Birthday and I wanted it to be special. Being of the age we are I like to eat at 5PM and went into Open Table to reserve it. I specified that time on the reservation however it came back showing 5:45 and I assumed that it was booked solid at 5 and settled for that. When we arrived at 5:45 there were only a few tables occupied and questioned why we couldn't come at 5. I was told that online reservations only start at 5:45 and you have to call for earlier. I also noticed that it was quite full when we left at 7:30.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely evening Waitress was Amy.BarbDined on 4/5/2014As usual, Alexanders was above all expectations! We cannot wait to have a large party, so that we can reserve the gazebo.Special Features:
- As always!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/4/2014Alexander's was superb. We had a corner table just perfect for conversation! Our food was delicious and there were no disappointments among the 6 of us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another fine Evening!Naples53Dined on 4/4/2014Food is always very good...atmosphere is lovely! Always a bit of a let down to have to eat inside...but very nice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We really enjoyed our wholeMalloryDined on 4/3/2014We really enjoyed our whole dining experience. Thomas was our server and was so pleasant and efficient. Our food choices were the beef medallions and the seafood risotto and both were excellent from presentation to taste. The creme brule and tiramisu were done to perfection. It was a wonderful evening on the patio and we would highly recommend an evening at Alexander's and look forward to returning.Special Features:
- Hidden GemRobin34105Dined on 4/2/2014As a full time resident Alxanders is top notch and will return many times. Would highly recommend. Dint know how we missed this fabulous restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.