Alexander's Land & Sea Grille
10180 E. Grand River Rd.
Brighton, MI 48116Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Alexander's Land & Sea Grille
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://alexandersgrille.com/
- Phone: (810) 588-6170
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm- sunday 12 pm- 9pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: MATT BARNES
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Alexander's Land & Sea Grille
Located at the site of the former Brighton House Restaurant. Alexander's Land & Sea Grille is Brighton's newest and best fresh seafood and steak restaurant. Enjoy the absolute freshest seafood and highest-quality steaks with impeccable friendly service and a warm inviting atmosphere.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Alexander's Land & Sea Grille reviews from OpenTable diners
74 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (39)neighborhood gem (35)fit for foodies (30)good for groups (18)notable wine list (14)great for outdoor dining (13)romantic (13)great for lunch (10)hot spot (6)late-night find (4)kid-friendly (4)scenic view (2)vibrant bar scene (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Great food, poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/24/2014My wife and I took friends of ours out for an early Thanksgiving celebration. We had a total of 4 kids in our party so I think we may have been seen as a difficult table from the start. Our meal took in total almost 2 hours, when in almost any other restruant it would have been half that. I have had this issue at Alexanders 2x now both with and without kids - there are more servers standing around talking then actually waiting on tables. Furthermore, if you ask any of the gaggle for assistance they immediatly ignore you and walk away. The food was great for the price, as we had the surf and turf special. My friends had the lamb shank which they are still talking about days later. It's quiite a shame that the service tarnished what would be an otherwise stellar dinner.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/23/2014Selected Alexander's as a half way point for meeting our UM friends we had not seen in 25 years. Our waitress Jenna immediately welcomed us and encouraged us to relax and take our time. Parmesan crusted white fish was wonderful as was the other lunch specials. Pomegranate fatoosh did not disappoint. Look forward to returning for Sunday brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic dining experienceAJandDCDined on 11/22/2014The Dinner we thouroughly enjoyed was fantastic. The food tremendous, atmosphere great making a wonderful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surf & TurfJoeVDined on 11/16/2014Had the surf & turf. It was very good. The side vegetables, not so good. Good menu selection. Friendly employees.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SeatingdaveDined on 11/15/2014We were seated at a booth which gave privacy but the server cannot reach each plate so you need to hand them your plate. I would have preferred a table, but did not request it as they were crowded. They were out of Absolute vodka and Kettle One vodka, we settled for Grey Goose. Larry is a great server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant surpriseLovefoodVIPDined on 11/15/2014Was a little concerned when pulled into the parking lot. They should really update the exterior and lose the neon blue lighting strip. Also concerned when we walked in and the smell of fish greeted us. Honestly was worried at that point. However, the food was very good and the service was excellent. I had the salmon which was prepared perfectly and the risotto was great. My husband had the swordfish which he enjoyed. A friend had the prime rib which he said was excellent. If some aesthetic things were changed, this would be a fantastic place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great early week eveningRAMJDined on 11/12/2014Contemporary, very interesting, but also classy & tasteful decor. Our 2nd time there and the food has been exceptional both times. This time went on a Wednesday and gave the early-midweek surf-n-turf special a try ... I recommended you do as well. Our experience has consistently shown them to go above and beyond to make sure their customers have a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Where is everyone?StillStuffedVIPDined on 11/7/2014The food is very good and a good value. The service is excellent. The decor is pleasing. So where is everyone? I've had lunch here twice and both times, the place was about empty. I asked our server and she said it really picks up at night, which is good news. I hope Alexander's sticks around for a while. It's the perfect place for a casual, long lunch with good friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Third time was not the charmjustsayingDined on 11/5/2014Although our food was above average, it did not excel as it had the first two times we were at this restaurant. Our service was very slow. The waiter claimed they were backed up in the kitchen, however tables around us were seated after we were and served before us. We're not going to let this one experience overshadow the first two visits. Hopefully they will return to the five star performance next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulSuzieVIPDined on 11/4/2014We had dinner there for our anniversary. It was our second time at this restaurant. We would highly recommend this restaurant. Food was delicious and the service was great. We will return for sure as it is becoming one of our favorite spots. Everything was yummy and the wine delicious!Special Features:
- sweettreatDined on 10/25/2014You can't fail to please when the whole team is aware of the needs of every customer. The food is amazing and the atmosphere comfortable. Service is outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- IncredibleJohnathanKDined on 10/25/2014My wife and I spent our anniversary dinner here and we were blown away to say the least. From the moment we walked in the door we were very well taken care of. Our waitress was extremely knowledgeable, professional, and friendly. The food was one of the best meals we had ever had in our life. We even got a celebratory dessert on the house for our anniversary, without asking for it. I hardly ever write reviews but this place definitely warranted one. The price was modest considering what we ordered (filet mignon, prime rib, and crab legs). I can't wait to go back to this place again and I highly recommend it to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- service was awful. very slowpunch15Dined on 10/24/2014Horrible service. Drinks were not as ordered. Took over 15 minutes to get drinks. Took forever to get bread although we asked for it immediately.
- Girls dinner outOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014I had heard the food was good so my girlfriends and I decided to give it a try. While the restaurant was nice, the lighting was too bright and it was a bit quiet. While the food was good, not great, our waitress was not very friendly, nor did she do a great job upselling. We inquired about salads with dinner and she only said they are extra, and not something like, we have a really good ceasar salad. We are all former waitresses, back in college, so tend to be a bit more sensitive to service. We meet for dinner 4 times a year to celebrate our birthdays and are all from Brighton however, this is a restaurant we will not return to. Which is too bad, it was a nice break from other restaurants that tend to be busy and have a wait list.
- Fabulous PerchLaurieDined on 10/21/2014The delicious perch was cooked to perfection. My girlfriend's loved her salmon. Wish it were closer to home! It took me an 45 minutes to get home from Brighton.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014We loved the food and appreciated that it was all made from scratch. The presentation of the food was so colorful and it made you want to taste it. Thank you for remembering that is was my husband's birthday, he was very surprised and like his brownie with ice cream, the sauce that was on top had a unique flavor. We will definitely use this for family occasions that come up throughout the year.Special Features:
- Finally, a real restaurantCook4myselfDined on 10/18/2014This is the first place we found near south lyon that has food worth dinning out. We ordered the michigan trio and Alexander's special with the roasted garlic for an appetizer. Everything was good; However, The white fish was placed on top of the mashed potatoes causing the entire crusting to be mushy. ALL of the fish was breaded, including the sea Bass which we were not expecting. This did cause the dishes to have simular tastes, but everything was cooked perfectly. The server was great! We will definitely try again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st time, will definitely returnSusanDined on 10/12/2014My husband's steak was grilled perfectly, my perch sautéed lightly, very flavorful, my mom's bruschetta looked delicious, she said it was wonderful. Lobster bisque plenty of lobster, nice presentation. New England clam chowder my mom loved it and she is picky.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious fishPaulaKVDined on 10/11/2014Tried the walleye, perch and sea bass; all were delicious. The bread was great; salad okay, no big deal. The green beans were cooked Al dente, but the risotto was tasteless, which was a shame (especially since there was an up charge to get it). But overall, the fish saved the meal. I would return.
- Great FindBiz267Dined on 10/10/2014We are new to the area and decided to try Alexanders for dinner this weekend. We had 5 adults and a toddler. I was worried that the restaurant may not be appropriate for a toddler, but we were welcomed toddler and all. We all enjoyed our meals and especially liked the mussel app. Our server was great and very attentive without being too pushy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Birthday CelebrationChrisDDined on 10/2/2014We took our daughter and her husband out for their birthday's at Alexander's. They gave us our choice of 2 tables, one in a quiet area and one by the entertainment. The service was OUTSTANDING and we felt like we were family. (family in the good way!) The food was great and we had a wonderful time.Special Features:
- BobsibjrDined on 10/1/2014Great food and presentation. Very accommodating to special requests and food preparation requests. Friendly and attentive wait staff. Price is moderate but what one should be expecting for a restaurant of this caliber. Overall ambiance was very good but dining room was a little plain for this type of restaurant. Wonderful time was had and we will be back often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- On Point ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️FoodaholicDined on 10/1/2014The food and presentation was amazing. The service was outstanding! Thank you Ann! The lobster bisque alone is worth going for . We go with the children to celebrate report cards and performances and also for lunch dates while they're in school. We are always impressed with our experience . The surf & turf lunch was cooked to perfection. We will be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seafood supreme!comaboy1971Dined on 9/27/2014The very best of both land and sea! I was extremely excited to try the lobster bisque! Personal fav! Loved it! Perfect blend of lobster, brandy, and cream! After the bisque came the Filet mignon and crab legs. The filet was cooked to perfection. The crab legs were sweet and snappy. Sides included garlic mashed potatoes and grilled asparagus. The potatoes were excellent. The asparagus was a little over cooked (my only gripe). The restaurant was clean and our server was outstanding! The price was right for the experience! Plan on $100/150 for an excellently prepared meal for two.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- unimpressed. dissapointedunimpressedDined on 9/27/2014I had reservations for 8 on sat night. Food was eeither overdone,under cooked or did not get part of my husbands entree after everyone was done eating. One small loaf of bread for a party of eight . really? 130.00 later and disappointment on my husbands birthday. We were all in agreement this was not what we expected.
- Hard to find but worth the troubleStillStuffedVIPDined on 9/22/2014Google Maps apparently has a problem pinpointing the location for Alexander's but it's worth looking for! The restaurant is lovely, I've never had better, more attentive service, and the food was delicious. I will definitely return and encourage other diners to seek this place out. Hidden gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerdaveDined on 9/20/2014We took four other couples for Dinner for my wife's birthday. We had great dinners and the two couples who had not been there before were really impressed. I requested, thru Open Table, a square table with three people on each side and they accommodated this request and everyone at the table could talk to the other 11 people. The Management and Server were terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ServiceMarkDDined on 9/20/2014First time visit. Excellent service and food was very good. Waiter very attentive. Ambiance was very good as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experience!CarnivoreDined on 9/19/2014We have been to Alexander's a few times and have never been disappointed. The hubby and I went there this Friday evening for our 44th anniversary. The dinner was flawless! Hubby had the prime rib, which he said was very good. He ordered it medium well and said he would do medium next time but that was his fault not the chef's. I had the scallops, which are always fantastic as is the risotto which comes with them. We shared a shrimp cocktail and escargot appetizers and hubby had the lobster bisque, which he said was wonderful and I had the cream of mushroom which was to die for. Finished up with creme brûlée and key lime pie. Yum! Wish I could remember our waitress's name because she was awesome! Perfect anniversary dinner!Special Features:
- Just Average says it all.WCGrahamDined on 9/13/2014I'll start of by saying that our waitress was exemplary. That was the best part of our evening, we started off by having appetizers which for the most part were okay, we then selected soup and mentioned to our waitress that the last time we have it the soup was cold and to please warm up the plates, which she did. With that said we ordered the Prime Rib, the meal was delivered in COLD PLATES, which I blame the back of the house (they apparently do not care about the customer experience at all), I spoke to the manager about this and he said something about he would relay the message back....did not hear a word back regarding this!
- Quite a find!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014My wife and I dined with Alexander's prior to attending a concert at DTE. We arrived at 3:30pm for the early dinner crowd. We were promptly seated in one of their raised half circle booths, which we really enjoy, since our first dinner date ever included just such seating arrangements. Decor and lighting were what I would describe as throwback with a modern slant. Very tastefully done and well thought out in my humble opinion. Our waitress, Jenna, could not have given us any better service. As she navigated us through the menu it became very apparent that she knew these waters from personal experience. Appetizer: Bruschetta Soup: Clam chowder Main dish: Baseball Sirloin and Alexander's Special. Dessert: Creme Brulee. Overall excellent!Special Features:
- dlfracDined on 9/12/2014The food was wonderful and the service excellent...my new favorite salad...Watermelon Fattoush !Special Features:
- foodieVIPDined on 9/12/2014great food with some creativity but not wierd, great patio, seafood always goodSpecial Features:
- Food was great! Service was slow...dmphippsDined on 8/24/2014My date and I sat for almost 15 minutes before being offered a drink and we were about to leave even though we made a reservation and the place wasn't busy at all. Took another 10-15 minutes for the wine bottle to show up. Beyond that, the food came out hot and was great. Prices were in line with other upper scale restaurants. Probably wouldn't go out of my way to go there again.Special Features:
- Great Birthday PartyKennyVIPDined on 8/22/2014We had a surprise birthday party here, and the servers and host couldn't of been nicer or more accomodating. The food was very good too. I was looking forward to having the prime rib, but I must say, it used to be my favorite, but it's drier now. It's not bad, just not melt-in-your-mouth amazing like before. Also, the lobster bisque my 2 friends ordered was a strange color (brownish, instead of the usual coralish color). Overall, though, everyone was so pleased, especially with the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Restaurant in BrightoncoconutDined on 8/22/2014This was my second time at Alexander's. The ambiance is nice and the service is good. The food is good, as well, but it is very overpriced. I remember when Alexander's was Brighton House. Although Alexander's has some higher-end items than Brighton House, like escargot and lobster, the food is no better than Brighton House's, which was delicious and was a great value. I don't want to discourage anyone from going to Alexander's-rather, go, enjoy, and decide for yourself.Special Features:
- Not impressedjlr485Dined on 8/22/2014Positives first. Our waitress was a total sweetheart who was very professional & attentive. The dining area was clean and comfortable. The food however, was average at best. Ceasar salads arrived with sardines instead of anchovies as ordered, asparagus was way over-cooked (actually black / charred), as where the two scallops that I paid an extra $10 for. The steak was good, however the potatoes felt like they had been cooked long ago and were re-heated before serving as they were very chewy. My wife ordered grilled white fish and said she thought it was previously frozen and came in a box.
- Fabulous FoodcookiesDined on 8/22/2014Loved the food at Alexander's. Loved the Sea Bass and Scallops. Waitress was a bit over the top....a bit too dramatic almost theatrical.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner!CarnivoreDined on 8/16/2014We took our good friends out for an anniversary dinner. Could not have been better! Great service and excellent food! I had the scallops and Parmesan risotto and it was wonderful. the hubby had the perch and said it was very good. Friend had the prime rib and said it was great and her hubby had the swordfish and was equally pleased. Ended this wonderful dinner with the creme brûlée' -- yum!!! This was our third visit to Alexander's and we have not been disappointed yet. Highly recommend, not cheap but well worth the cost. Sorry that I don't remember our server's name because she was terrific!Special Features:
- We will be back.BarstanDined on 8/11/2014We enjoy this restaurant; the atmosphere, the menu ( great steaks) , fine service (Kelly is awesome!) and good value especially on surf and turf night. We like the Sea Glass Pinot noir very much!Special Features: