Alexander's Land & Sea Grille
10180 E. Grand River Rd.
Brighton, MI 48116Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Alexander's Land & Sea Grille
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://alexandersgrille.com/
- Phone: 8105886170x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm- sunday 12 pm- 9pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: MATT BARNES
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Alexander's Land & Sea Grille
Located at the site of the former Brighton House Restaurant. Alexander's Land & Sea Grille is Brighton's newest and best fresh seafood and steak restaurant. Enjoy the absolute freshest seafood and highest-quality steaks with impeccable friendly service and a warm inviting atmosphere.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Alexander's Land & Sea Grille reviews from OpenTable diners
71 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (37)special occasion (36)fit for foodies (23)notable wine list (19)good for groups (17)great for outdoor dining (16)romantic (12)great for lunch (8)kid-friendly (5)late-night find (5)hot spot (3)great for brunch (1)scenic view (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Seafood supreme!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014The very best of both land and sea! I was extremely excited to try the lobster bisque! Personal fav! Loved it! Perfect blend of lobster, brandy, and cream! After the bisque came the Filet mignon and crab legs. The filet was cooked to perfection. The crab legs were sweet and snappy. Sides included garlic mashed potatoes and grilled asparagus. The potatoes were excellent. The asparagus was a little over cooked (my only gripe). The restaurant was clean and our server was outstanding! The price was right for the experience! Plan on $100/150 for an excellently prepared meal for two.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- unimpressed. dissapointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014I had reservations for 8 on sat night. Food was eeither overdone,under cooked or did not get part of my husbands entree after everyone was done eating. One small loaf of bread for a party of eight . really? 130.00 later and disappointment on my husbands birthday. We were all in agreement this was not what we expected.
- Hard to find but worth the troubleStillStuffedVIPDined on 9/22/2014Google Maps apparently has a problem pinpointing the location for Alexander's but it's worth looking for! The restaurant is lovely, I've never had better, more attentive service, and the food was delicious. I will definitely return and encourage other diners to seek this place out. Hidden gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerdaveDined on 9/20/2014We took four other couples for Dinner for my wife's birthday. We had great dinners and the two couples who had not been there before were really impressed. I requested, thru Open Table, a square table with three people on each side and they accommodated this request and everyone at the table could talk to the other 11 people. The Management and Server were terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ServiceMarkDDined on 9/20/2014First time visit. Excellent service and food was very good. Waiter very attentive. Ambiance was very good as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experience!CarnivoreDined on 9/19/2014We have been to Alexander's a few times and have never been disappointed. The hubby and I went there this Friday evening for our 44th anniversary. The dinner was flawless! Hubby had the prime rib, which he said was very good. He ordered it medium well and said he would do medium next time but that was his fault not the chef's. I had the scallops, which are always fantastic as is the risotto which comes with them. We shared a shrimp cocktail and escargot appetizers and hubby had the lobster bisque, which he said was wonderful and I had the cream of mushroom which was to die for. Finished up with creme brûlée and key lime pie. Yum! Wish I could remember our waitress's name because she was awesome! Perfect anniversary dinner!Special Features:
- Just Average says it all.WCGrahamDined on 9/13/2014I'll start of by saying that our waitress was exemplary. That was the best part of our evening, we started off by having appetizers which for the most part were okay, we then selected soup and mentioned to our waitress that the last time we have it the soup was cold and to please warm up the plates, which she did. With that said we ordered the Prime Rib, the meal was delivered in COLD PLATES, which I blame the back of the house (they apparently do not care about the customer experience at all), I spoke to the manager about this and he said something about he would relay the message back....did not hear a word back regarding this!
- Quite a find!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014My wife and I dined with Alexander's prior to attending a concert at DTE. We arrived at 3:30pm for the early dinner crowd. We were promptly seated in one of their raised half circle booths, which we really enjoy, since our first dinner date ever included just such seating arrangements. Decor and lighting were what I would describe as throwback with a modern slant. Very tastefully done and well thought out in my humble opinion. Our waitress, Jenna, could not have given us any better service. As she navigated us through the menu it became very apparent that she knew these waters from personal experience. Appetizer: Bruschetta Soup: Clam chowder Main dish: Baseball Sirloin and Alexander's Special. Dessert: Creme Brulee. Overall excellent!Special Features:
- dlfracDined on 9/12/2014The food was wonderful and the service excellent...my new favorite salad...Watermelon Fattoush !Special Features:
- foodieVIPDined on 9/12/2014great food with some creativity but not wierd, great patio, seafood always goodSpecial Features:
- Food was great! Service was slow...dmphippsDined on 8/24/2014My date and I sat for almost 15 minutes before being offered a drink and we were about to leave even though we made a reservation and the place wasn't busy at all. Took another 10-15 minutes for the wine bottle to show up. Beyond that, the food came out hot and was great. Prices were in line with other upper scale restaurants. Probably wouldn't go out of my way to go there again.Special Features:
- Great Birthday PartyKennyVIPDined on 8/22/2014We had a surprise birthday party here, and the servers and host couldn't of been nicer or more accomodating. The food was very good too. I was looking forward to having the prime rib, but I must say, it used to be my favorite, but it's drier now. It's not bad, just not melt-in-your-mouth amazing like before. Also, the lobster bisque my 2 friends ordered was a strange color (brownish, instead of the usual coralish color). Overall, though, everyone was so pleased, especially with the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Restaurant in BrightoncoconutDined on 8/22/2014This was my second time at Alexander's. The ambiance is nice and the service is good. The food is good, as well, but it is very overpriced. I remember when Alexander's was Brighton House. Although Alexander's has some higher-end items than Brighton House, like escargot and lobster, the food is no better than Brighton House's, which was delicious and was a great value. I don't want to discourage anyone from going to Alexander's-rather, go, enjoy, and decide for yourself.Special Features:
- Not impressedjlr485Dined on 8/22/2014Positives first. Our waitress was a total sweetheart who was very professional & attentive. The dining area was clean and comfortable. The food however, was average at best. Ceasar salads arrived with sardines instead of anchovies as ordered, asparagus was way over-cooked (actually black / charred), as where the two scallops that I paid an extra $10 for. The steak was good, however the potatoes felt like they had been cooked long ago and were re-heated before serving as they were very chewy. My wife ordered grilled white fish and said she thought it was previously frozen and came in a box.
- Fabulous FoodcookiesDined on 8/22/2014Loved the food at Alexander's. Loved the Sea Bass and Scallops. Waitress was a bit over the top....a bit too dramatic almost theatrical.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner!CarnivoreDined on 8/16/2014We took our good friends out for an anniversary dinner. Could not have been better! Great service and excellent food! I had the scallops and Parmesan risotto and it was wonderful. the hubby had the perch and said it was very good. Friend had the prime rib and said it was great and her hubby had the swordfish and was equally pleased. Ended this wonderful dinner with the creme brûlée' -- yum!!! This was our third visit to Alexander's and we have not been disappointed yet. Highly recommend, not cheap but well worth the cost. Sorry that I don't remember our server's name because she was terrific!Special Features:
- We will be back.BarstanDined on 8/11/2014We enjoy this restaurant; the atmosphere, the menu ( great steaks) , fine service (Kelly is awesome!) and good value especially on surf and turf night. We like the Sea Glass Pinot noir very much!Special Features:
- DissapointedJAFODined on 8/3/2014Very poor service; slow to get to our table and never cleared our lunch plates. I had to visit the hostess stand to ask for the bill. Meal below average...will not return.
- Another Great Dinner!BobbyCDined on 8/2/2014The second time was as good as the first. My brother and I had the Alexanders special, Chilean Sea Bass and Scallops and the dinner was outstanding. Both my brother and I raved about it. My wife had prime rib, and while it wasn't the best she had it was good. Our ceasar salads were top notch as well. We recommend it.Special Features:
- Anniversary dinnergood2goDined on 8/2/2014The king crab legs were done to perfection. They were easy to open because of prior preparation in the kitchen. The service was prompt and friendly. The lettuce wedge we ordered was crisp and the vegetables were not overcooked. I was pleasantly surprised to see duck on the menu.Special Features:
- Excellent!BobMDined on 8/1/2014Always a great place to eat. One of the top restaurants in the area. All meals were fabulous from the prime rib to sea food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced & noisyLovetoEatOutDined on 7/25/2014Getting a reservation here gets you one of the worst tables in the place, between two large parties. We couldn't even carry on a conversation. Not sure why they would give you this table, they had others available. Also the hostess cared less if you had reservation, it was not like they saved a table for you. I asked if we could have a booth and she said it was saved for someone else, no one sat there the whole time we were there. The food was nothing out of the ordinary and sorta of bland. Service was fine. I do not mind paying well for good food and a table where I can talk to the people dining with me, this place had neither.Special Features:
- Great foodK3foodDined on 7/25/2014Food was outstanding and waiter was very knowledgable. Will be back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Scrumptous Steakhamburglar22Dined on 7/25/2014We went to Alexanders for a special occasion and both order different steak dishes. The steak was literally melt in your mouth texture and was phenomenal. We will definitely be going back for the next birthday!Special Features:
- Very disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/25/2014We are not picky and love trying new restaurants, but this was the worst restaurant I have ever eaten at. The food was overpriced for the portion size, may have overlooked that if I hadn't received 4 small, super salty, almost not edible, scallops with only three asparagus strips that were very woody, and undercooked, yet mushy risotto. My husband had steak (practically rare and he ordered medium/well, but the outside was so burnt he didn't want them to burn it more to cook the inside), his potatoes and brussel sprouts were also half burned. The poor review would have happened even without the fact that the waitress dumped half a pitcher of water on me too. Super disappointing. Would not go back or recommend this restaurant.
- DisappointedGeorgeBDined on 7/23/2014Our 5th or 6th visit on July 23. I had a party of 9. I only heard complains about our server. I also heard gripes about the size of the servings...and the quality was so-so! I hope that this is NOT the beginning of the end for Alexander's - since we had all 5 stars for our last 4 or 5 visits!Special Features:
- Just ok this timecis2golfDined on 7/22/2014Service good hostess not too efficient, didn't acknowledge our reservationSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/20/2014The food was fantastic...the service not so great, but I think it was the waitress we hadSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great seafood restaurant!edb5Dined on 7/20/2014We love Alexander's! We have been here several times since it opened. Every meal has been fantastic. It's always fresh and well prepared ! The staff is always friendly and knowledgeable. We've tried everything from seafood to the lambshops and pasta. It's always good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday partyCantwaittoeatoutagainDined on 7/19/2014JENNA IS AMAZING! We had two waitresses and they were both great, but Jenna is a definite Keeper! The food was terrific! Lobster Bisque, Crab Cakes, Key Lime Pie, Shrimp Scampi with pasta and sun dried tomatoes - it was all very delicious. Can't wait to go back to Brighton and eat there again. We had a wonderful night and they have a beautiful outdoor deck for dining. It was the perfect place to have my mom's surprise birthday party.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, knowledgable staffFoodieDined on 7/18/2014The food at Alexanders is always satisfying and the staff is very knowledgable about the food and wine pairings. The perch and seabass dishes are exceptional. The lobster bisque is very good as well. The only downside is the somewhat odd smell that greets you at the door.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KnappsDined on 7/17/2014Enjoyed our evening out there!! The bartender and waiter were SUPER! We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OystersCharlieVIPDined on 7/17/2014We can always count on Oysters on the half shell to be on the menu. This always makes us head to Alexanders for fresh oysters.Special Features:
- YumMaryVIPDined on 7/12/2014Becoming one of my favorite seafood restaurants. The scallops are to die for!Special Features:
- Dave MerriondaveDined on 7/12/2014We have eaten at Alexanders several times and each time is a new experience. The last time it was the experience with the waiter, Jeff, who was very friendly and did not know what grappa was. After he found out he brought me a free glass. We also like the idea that the fish comes fro Foley's Fish Market in Boston. Another visit on Wednesday allowed me to order the surf & turf for $15 and it was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Open!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/4/2014I made an online reservation for July 4th at 6:00 for 4 people. Received my reservation confirmation. We met our guests there Only to find out they were closed. There was no mention on the sign out front that they were closed and they should have updated the online reservation system not to except a reservation if not open. We ended up at Stillwater and had a nice dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We went for our 55th anniversary.daveDined on 6/28/2014The food was great and the manager took the time to explain where they get their fish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty goodilove2eatDined on 6/28/2014The clam chowder was delish!!!! My husband and I both ordered Alexander's Signature, which came with (a very small piece of) sea bass and 2 scallops. It also came with asparagus and risotto (risotto was amazing). For $29 I kind of expected a little more but oh well. The scallops were really good but the sea bass was kind of fishy - my husband said the same thing. I LOVE sea bass and rarely order it bc it's so expensive, so that was disappointing. Overall it was good, but I would never order the sea bass ever again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- kimbDined on 6/27/2014Alexander's is our go to restaurant because the food is exceptional, the wait staff friendly and engaging and it's close to our home. We made a reservation for Saturday night and brought guests with us. One of our guests ordered the pork chops and my husband order the prime rib, which is his meal of choice here. Neither entrees were available! How can a restaurant of this caliber, who is known for their prime rib, run out so early in the evening? We make reservations because we like the dining experience and the food. I must say, our waiter did give us 2 desserts on the house, which was very kind but, we don't go out to eat for the dessert. We will continue to patronize Alexander's and hope that we don't have this experience again.Special Features:
- Wow!!NotfrombostonDined on 6/21/2014Nice menu,great service,wonderful ambience!! We'll be back!!Special Features: