Alexander's - Hilton Head Island
76 Queen's Folly Rd
Hilton Head Island, SC 29928Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Alexander's - Hilton Head Island
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://alexandersrestaurant.com/
- Phone: (843) 785-4999
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Daily: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Reginald Williams
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Contact: Andrew Urbin 8437854999
- Cross Street: Palmetto Dunes
- Public Transit: If you are a resident/guest staying in Palmetto Dunes or Shelter Cove, the Dunes Buggy is a free transportation service available from April 1 - September 30, 8am - 9 pm, call 843.689.4222 to arrange pick-up. Some neighboring hotels also offer shuttle service.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Parking available in lot as well as next door at Palmetto Outfitters and across the street at the tennis courts.
A word from Alexander's - Hilton Head Island
On a picturesque lagoon in Palmetto Dunes, Alexander's has been an Island tradition since 1977. Choose from over 100 hand selected wines to compliment the freshest seafood and hand trimmed steaks and enjoy the vintage Harley Davidson collection.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Alexander's - Hilton Head Island - Best Restaurants in Hilton Head ›
Alexander's - Hilton Head Island reviews from OpenTable diners
115 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (58)neighborhood gem (53)special occasion (51)romantic (40)fit for foodies (39)good for groups (24)notable wine list (23)kid-friendly (12)hot spot (5)great for outdoor dining (3)late-night find (3)great for lunch (2)great for brunch (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Early Bird dinnerSeafoodloverDined on 11/5/2014The early bird dinner is a great value. Full size entree and salad was more than enough. $4 wine offering is not great but you get what you pay for. I recommend selecting a glass from the regular list. Good options at reasonable priceSpecial Features:
- Consistently GoodMCarrDined on 11/2/2014We are always pleased with our overall dining experience at Alexander's and we have been dining there for 20+ years. The food quality, service and view on the lagoon are special. Meal prices are reasonable for what you receive.Special Features:
- From kansasOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/1/2014Good food, service and prices were reasonable. We had a relaxing evening meal with a lovely window view on a chilly evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CMR31VIPDined on 10/31/2014Have not been here for a couple of years. Not as good as it was the last time we were there.Special Features:
- Lovely TimeTeamBJVIPDined on 10/26/2014We celebrated our 1st Anniversary here and the setting was perfect. We had a great waitress who was attentive but not overly so. The manager stopped by our table to ask how we were enjoying our dinner. She was very friendly and spent a few minutes with us, unlike our experience in some other places where the manager just breezes by, not really taking the time to hear what we have to say. I had their "special" martini that had blood orange liqueur.....it was delicious....not too sweet but not too strong...just perfect. We ordered bananas foster for dessert, which was big enough for two and absolutely delicious. We were pleasantly surprised to find that the manager did not charge us for the dessert since it was our anniversary.Special Features:
- Had a great dinnerElvisVIPDined on 10/25/2014The food and service was great Our first time their but really enjoyed itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view of the pond!JudyNHPDined on 10/21/2014We had an early dining menu so we could tryout the dishes at an reasonable prices. I asked the hostess for a table by the window viewing the pond. She was able to get a table close by. It was nice looking out the window seeing a boat sailed by. Quiet relaxing. My husband had the seafood pot pie, and I had the pea an ginger mahi. Both dishes tasted delicious as expected. The wine selection was great. We had the banana Forster as dessert which was unexpected hot and delicious. Definitely a recommended dessert.Special Features:
- Lobster TailsRocketRickDined on 10/18/2014The food was great - be vafeful with the daily market price. Ask - ended up paying 170 bucks for a party of two - because the lobster tail was 60 - plus sides.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our first visit and we'll be back!marilynmonroe74Dined on 10/13/2014We chose Alexander's because the six of us wanted to try a new restaurant. We're all seniors, one on walker, one gluten-free needy, one Indian liking variety and spicy foods. All of us enjoyed our meal and say we'll be back. What I most enjoyed is the quiet, peaceful atmosphere where we could all talk around our round table and actually hear each other. The service was exemplary, with help for the walker and ramp location. The drink of the day was excellent, and the wine list excellent.Special Features:
- MenuNewcastlePaulDined on 10/13/2014Varied food choices. Best food on HHI. They made my wife feel special!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Island favoriteJimCDined on 10/10/2014Been visiting this restaurant for years and the quality of food and service is always top notch. Early dining menu is an awesome value if you have the inclination for a early start to the evening. Highly recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent RestaurantJanetteDined on 10/9/2014Our evening at Alexander's was a very enjoyable experience. The service was outstanding. Both of our dishes were well prepared, well presented and totally delectable.Special Features:
- NeatDined on 10/9/2014Very nice atmosphere. Our window faced the lagoon. Went for the early bird special and felt it was a good value. Requested and received a tour of the restaurant and explanation of the vintage motorcycles.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/7/2014We have been going to Alexander's for years because it excels in every category.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a winner!OhioDined on 10/7/2014We have been coming to Alexander's while in Hilton Head for over 20 years! We were seated by the window and had a view of the water that was very enjoyable! We ordered from the Early Bird menu and chose ginger pecan mahi, grilled salmon and beef Wellington-all tasty! Don't miss Alexander's!Special Features:
- EnjoyablekywomanDined on 10/5/2014We always have dinner here when in Hilton head. Everyone is attentive and polite. An enjoyable dinnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Night Out57diner4uDined on 10/4/2014We were entertaining out of town guests and had only 1 night out, we chose Alexander's. The service and food were very good. We would go again just for a night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SteveDined on 10/3/2014My wife and I had not been to Alexanders for quite some time and we were very pleased with our dinner. Very good waiter and the entree was very good. I will definitely want to go again the next time we vacation at HHI.Special Features:
- dinewithMaryDined on 9/27/2014As a Palmetto Dunes resident and Realtor, I often have dinner with family and friends at Alexander's because of the quality of the food and the service we receive. I often recommend your restaurant to visitors and clients. I find the quality of the food to always be excellent. The ease of making reservations online is an excellent addition to the service provided. Need I say the location is perfect. I find the staff to be very professional and caring. During the fall and winter we will certainly be taking advantage of the early bird special. Keep up the great work. My favorite table is the porch area where I can enjoy the river/lagoon views.Special Features:
- Great DinnerRalphDined on 9/27/2014Our experience at Alexanders was great!! The Food and the service was great as always!!!! We had dinner with friends from out of town and we were so happy that they enjoyed their dinner and the Ambiance. Bryan was a wonderful server !! We always ask for Bryan as a server when we make reservations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mealOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/25/2014excellent early bird meal, the crab bisque soup was a bowl and not a cup. Large salad and good size portion for the entreeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Dining ExperienceHHInewbiesDined on 9/22/2014Have gone there for the past two years, taking advantage of the Early Dining Menu and loved it both times we have gone. You feel a little rushed doing the Early Dining, but the food is excellent, quality, and tasty. Request a window seat when making reservations to get a nice view of the "river". Will likely come back again on our next visit to HHI.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Seafood and Harleys, tooSteveDined on 9/21/2014My wife and I enjoyed a very nice dinner during our recent vacation on Hilton Head Island. We were most interested in having Seafood, and we were not disappointed. My wife had a dinner of local Red Snapper and I had some sautéed local Shrimp. It was delightfully plated and quite delicious. For me as a motorcyclist, there was a bonus of viewing a collection of a few vintage Harley Davidson motorcycles scattered around the restaurant.Special Features:
- Great PlaceMAF15601Dined on 9/14/2014Excellent service , wonderful food , this was my Fourth third time in Hilton Head on vacation and eating dinner at Alexander's love it .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jimkDined on 9/13/2014wonderful dining experience. we never miss dining at this restaurant when we go to HHI.Special Features:
- Great seafoodbiztrvlrDined on 9/12/2014Great seafood but limited menu. More elegant food. No low country boil or basic shrimp or crab on this menu. Specials are wonderful. Be prepared for the price as it is not inexpensive. Beautiful ambiance. Worth the money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/9/2014As a frequent dinner at Alexander's, my experience on September 9th, was another extraordinary dining experience. I look forward to many more dining experiences, in Hilton Head, Island, SC.Special Features:
- Vacation MealSMITTYPOPDined on 9/9/2014Well presented and very tasty! We sat inside but with a great view of the river. Highly recommend!Special Features:
- Good food nice locationOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/7/2014Good food. Pretty water view good service. Clean restroom. Great early bird specials. I would recommend to couples looking for a cozy place with good foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Canal ViewCheermomDined on 9/2/2014We have driven by Alexander's for years, but never dined there. We were pleasantly surprised by the food and our waitress (Tara) was great. We had a view of the canal, however the windows aren't clear so you really can't see the view which, for us, was a draw (water view dining). I had the Sea Bass and my husband and I shared the HUGE iceberg lettuce salad. Both Very Good, which says a lot for me since I am NOT a fish lover.Special Features:
- update neededExperiencedEaterVIPDined on 8/30/2014very close to Palmetto Dunes visitors - so they have an easy source of diners. They really need to update the menu - seems like the same food we would have been eating in 2000. I realize that a rstrnt in a resort setting does not have to be cutting edge, but the menu does seem to need a re-working.
- Walking distance from marriottWorkingirlVIPDined on 8/30/2014Great river views and good food. Did the early bird special and loved the red pepper soup. Fried shrimp were big and lightly fried and very yummy. Hubby had the beef Wellington and it was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfuljcmlpmDined on 8/30/2014Always great food and service. We have never had a bad meal. Great place for groups or a romantic meal.Special Features:
- Great Foodlive2eatDined on 8/29/2014We had reservations for 6:30 pm but arrived a little early. We were immediately seated with a great view of the water. Our waiter was friendly (telling a little too much personal "stuff"). Food was great and dessert but our waiter spent all of his time with other tables and we waited....waited.....waited to say we wanted dessert. After placing our order, it was at least 25 mins. before we got the dessert. It was good but we spent way too much time just sitting.Special Features:
- diningRalphDined on 8/28/2014We had a wonderful Anniversary dinner . Adam was our server and he was very friendly and also did an excellent job in serving. Everyone around us seemed to enjoy their dinner. Would recommend Alexanders as an excellent dinner choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Find!jbjtDined on 8/25/2014We went for early dining and I'm sure we'll go again. The entre selections were varied and the salad was tasty, although the wine selection for early dining should be upgraded as it was pretty low in quality. We ate on the porch which was pleasant but I think next time we'll request the dining room. The waitstaff was excellent and our server was Margaret. The ambience is really, really nice even with all the motorcycles in the background.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but tiredbigskyjimDined on 8/25/2014Food is always good at Alexander's but this time was disappointing as all of the Staff including our waiter seemed tired with no real energy or interest in the customers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice RestsurantJohnVIPDined on 8/25/2014Very good food and service. Located in scenic area on Hilton Head Island. Has a very good Early Bird menuSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/22/2014Very nice restaurant great food. We have coming here for years. We have never had a bad meal.Special Features:
- Good foodGaryDined on 8/20/2014Alexander's provides good food in pleasant atmosphere. Their crab cakes are prepared in authentic Maryland style.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.