Alexander's - Hilton Head Island
76 Queen's Folly Rd
Hilton Head Island, SC 29928Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Alexander's - Hilton Head Island
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://alexandersrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 8437854999
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Daily: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Reginald Williams
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Contact: Andrew Urbin 8437854999
- Cross Street: Palmetto Dunes
- Public Transit: If you are a resident/guest staying in Palmetto Dunes or Shelter Cove, the Dunes Buggy is a free transportation service available from April 1 - September 30, 8am - 9 pm, call 843.689.4222 to arrange pick-up. Some neighboring hotels also offer shuttle service.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Parking available in lot as well as next door at Palmetto Outfitters and across the street at the tennis courts.
A word from Alexander's - Hilton Head Island
On a picturesque lagoon in Palmetto Dunes, Alexander's has been an Island tradition since 1977. Choose from over 100 hand selected wines to compliment the freshest seafood and hand trimmed steaks and enjoy the vintage Harley Davidson collection.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Alexander's - Hilton Head Island - Best Restaurants in Hilton Head ›
Alexander's - Hilton Head Island reviews from OpenTable diners
160 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (87)special occasion (79)neighborhood gem (67)romantic (62)fit for foodies (52)notable wine list (38)good for groups (23)kid-friendly (22)hot spot (5)great for brunch (4)great for outdoor dining (3)late-night find (3)great for lunch (3)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014As a Palmetto Dunes resident and Realtor, I often have dinner with family and friends at Alexander's because of the quality of the food and the service we receive. I often recommend your restaurant to visitors and clients. I find the quality of the food to always be excellent. The ease of making reservations online is an excellent addition to the service provided. Need I say the location is perfect. I find the staff to be very professional and caring. During the fall and winter we will certainly be taking advantage of the early bird special. Keep up the great work. My favorite table is the porch area where I can enjoy the river/lagoon views.Special Features:
- Great DinnerRalphDined on 9/27/2014Our experience at Alexanders was great!! The Food and the service was great as always!!!! We had dinner with friends from out of town and we were so happy that they enjoyed their dinner and the Ambiance. Bryan was a wonderful server !! We always ask for Bryan as a server when we make reservations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mealOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/25/2014excellent early bird meal, the crab bisque soup was a bowl and not a cup. Large salad and good size portion for the entreeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Dining ExperienceHHInewbiesDined on 9/22/2014Have gone there for the past two years, taking advantage of the Early Dining Menu and loved it both times we have gone. You feel a little rushed doing the Early Dining, but the food is excellent, quality, and tasty. Request a window seat when making reservations to get a nice view of the "river". Will likely come back again on our next visit to HHI.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceMAF15601Dined on 9/14/2014Excellent service , wonderful food , this was my Fourth third time in Hilton Head on vacation and eating dinner at Alexander's love it .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jimkDined on 9/13/2014wonderful dining experience. we never miss dining at this restaurant when we go to HHI.Special Features:
- Great seafoodbiztrvlrDined on 9/12/2014Great seafood but limited menu. More elegant food. No low country boil or basic shrimp or crab on this menu. Specials are wonderful. Be prepared for the price as it is not inexpensive. Beautiful ambiance. Worth the money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/9/2014As a frequent dinner at Alexander's, my experience on September 9th, was another extraordinary dining experience. I look forward to many more dining experiences, in Hilton Head, Island, SC.Special Features:
- Vacation MealSMITTYPOPDined on 9/9/2014Well presented and very tasty! We sat inside but with a great view of the river. Highly recommend!Special Features:
- Good food nice locationOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/7/2014Good food. Pretty water view good service. Clean restroom. Great early bird specials. I would recommend to couples looking for a cozy place with good foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Canal ViewCheermomDined on 9/2/2014We have driven by Alexander's for years, but never dined there. We were pleasantly surprised by the food and our waitress (Tara) was great. We had a view of the canal, however the windows aren't clear so you really can't see the view which, for us, was a draw (water view dining). I had the Sea Bass and my husband and I shared the HUGE iceberg lettuce salad. Both Very Good, which says a lot for me since I am NOT a fish lover.Special Features:
- update neededExperiencedEaterVIPDined on 8/30/2014very close to Palmetto Dunes visitors - so they have an easy source of diners. They really need to update the menu - seems like the same food we would have been eating in 2000. I realize that a rstrnt in a resort setting does not have to be cutting edge, but the menu does seem to need a re-working.
- Walking distance from marriottWorkingirlVIPDined on 8/30/2014Great river views and good food. Did the early bird special and loved the red pepper soup. Fried shrimp were big and lightly fried and very yummy. Hubby had the beef Wellington and it was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfuljcmlpmDined on 8/30/2014Always great food and service. We have never had a bad meal. Great place for groups or a romantic meal.Special Features:
- Great Foodlive2eatDined on 8/29/2014We had reservations for 6:30 pm but arrived a little early. We were immediately seated with a great view of the water. Our waiter was friendly (telling a little too much personal "stuff"). Food was great and dessert but our waiter spent all of his time with other tables and we waited....waited.....waited to say we wanted dessert. After placing our order, it was at least 25 mins. before we got the dessert. It was good but we spent way too much time just sitting.Special Features:
- diningRalphDined on 8/28/2014We had a wonderful Anniversary dinner . Adam was our server and he was very friendly and also did an excellent job in serving. Everyone around us seemed to enjoy their dinner. Would recommend Alexanders as an excellent dinner choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Find!jbjtDined on 8/25/2014We went for early dining and I'm sure we'll go again. The entre selections were varied and the salad was tasty, although the wine selection for early dining should be upgraded as it was pretty low in quality. We ate on the porch which was pleasant but I think next time we'll request the dining room. The waitstaff was excellent and our server was Margaret. The ambience is really, really nice even with all the motorcycles in the background.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but tiredbigskyjimDined on 8/25/2014Food is always good at Alexander's but this time was disappointing as all of the Staff including our waiter seemed tired with no real energy or interest in the customers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice RestsurantJohnVIPDined on 8/25/2014Very good food and service. Located in scenic area on Hilton Head Island. Has a very good Early Bird menuSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/22/2014Very nice restaurant great food. We have coming here for years. We have never had a bad meal.Special Features:
- Good foodGaryDined on 8/20/2014Alexander's provides good food in pleasant atmosphere. Their crab cakes are prepared in authentic Maryland style.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, overpricedOriolesDined on 8/17/2014We had a nice time at Alexander's, been going there on our bi-annual visits to Hilton Head for going on 30 years. We celebrated our daughter's 13th birthday and had a very nice time. The place has become a fixture on the island. The only criticism is that the prices border on the ridiculous; a fried fish platter for $25? Six broiled scallops for $25? Two crab cakes for $30? I get that there's a premium for the location and this is a vacation spot but $200 for four was higher than it should have been for the quality of the food. We could have gone to Old Oyster Bay (owned by the same ownership group), gotten the same food and paid about half the price.Special Features:
- Not worth itKhr5VIPDined on 8/15/2014Food was ok, but not great. Waiter seemed a bit confused. We enjoy nice restaurants and don't mind paying $$$$, but this restaurant was $$$$ but not worth it. I highly recommend Vintage Prime Restaurant.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014We are here 4times a year and this restaurant is always on our list for a mustSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The place to go in Hilton HeadHiltonHeadEdDined on 8/12/2014The food was outstanding. We took toe couples that had not been but we will all be back. Service was well paced and our server was great. We had filet which was cooked perfectly as were the scallops one of our party had. I recommend you box half of your entrée to save room for reset. You have to have the moose. The wine list pairs well with the menu.Special Features:
- Worth a VisitWeeatoutalotDined on 8/11/2014We have been to Alexander's a number of times over the years on our trips to Hilton Head. The food is always good. Our last visit we had good food and good service. My only criticism was the hostess was not to Alexander's standards and if that had been our first visit, we would have clearly started the night with a negative impression.
- Never Disappoints!Mgreg2002Dined on 8/1/2014This was our 3rd time visiting Alexander's as we have now made it a regular stop during our Hilton Head vacations. Every single time, we have received excellent service and WONDERFUL food. We usually order from the Early Dining menu, and have never been disappointed. The food is still very high quality, and the portions are perfect for a great price. I love that no matter where you sit, you still have a view of the lagoon. I also love the white table linens mixed with the motorcycle decor...somehow it just works. Alexander's is definitely a favorite of my family!Special Features:
- Okay.SmoothiedudeDined on 7/30/2014Alexander's restaurant really is a fine restaurant. The still have white table cloths for their dinner seating . The location for people who live or stay in Palmetto Dunes is great. The food is good but not really memorable. Compared to other restaurants on the island, I found the overall menu to be a little pricey. Everything is ala-carte, so adding soup or a salad and desert easily will get you over $50.00 per person. That being said , the portions are very generous, but if you are trying to limit your calories choose another place . A nice thing to know is they did offer to split the $8.98 salad in two servings. There are so many great dining options on Hilton Head but for my money I'll stick to Charlie's le toile Verte or Old Fort Pub.Special Features:
- GreatFamilyof4Dined on 7/29/2014Have to say that I normally don't get very excited over food as I am hard to impress. I have to say that the seafood we had was amazing!!! The Seabass was the best I ever had...I will return again and again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food Good, Service Not So MuchTammyVIPDined on 7/27/2014My husband and I shared the fresh catch grouper. Our mistake not asking how much the dish cost as it was $45. They didn't list the price. And we aren't sure if the dish cost that much or if we were charged an up charge for sharing. We were with friends and although asked, she didn't give us a good answer. We all just went...what did she just say? And laughed. The fish was very fresh and good but it was piled onto a mound of white rice. Not worth $45. They split the plates so we both had a small piece of fish and this huge amount of rice. The waitress should have explained a split cost if there was one. Again we really didn't see her much. She didn't even bring the food to the table. Never refilled our wine glasses. Wasn't friendly at all.
- One of our favorite spotsGreatDined on 7/27/2014This is one of our favorite restaurants on the Island. Great food nice people, peaceful after a day at the beach. We would highly recommend Giving it a try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014Great place to dine if in the Palmetto Dunes area or resort area for a relaxing meal. Food was delicious. A bit overpriced but good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food and serviceBansheeDined on 7/26/2014Family dinner at this restaurant was a pleasant surprise. The waitress and the bartender were friendly and knowledgeable. Oyster on the half shelf comes with the traditional fixin', but also came with a balsamic base sauce (I surmise) that was absolutely delicious. The waitress recommendations for the fish of the day and desserts were spot on. Parking was the only challenge for this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/24/2014Starting with the cute bartender and all through dinner.... Everything was absolutely delicious. I would go back every time we came back to Hilton head.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dinner at Alexander'sRocket23Dined on 7/22/2014We wanted to treat our god-daughter to a special dinner to celebrate her graduation from college. Had reservations for the porch on a Tuesday night in July. Were seated quickly at a table by the window with a view of the lagoon. Noise level was high as there were quite a few families with young children, which we had expected during such a busy vacation week. But the service was fine, the wine was wonderful, and the entrees (scallops, crab cakes, and swordfish steak) were delicious. We will definitely return when vacation season is over!Special Features:
- Delicious, as usualTessRDined on 7/22/2014Alexander's never disappoints. The service this visit wasnt great, but wont keep us from coming back next year!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JoanneDined on 7/18/2014The restaurant is outstanding as I mentioned. Food was presented beautifully, came out very hot, and was scrumptious. We only had one disappointment - when we arrived the hostess didn't seem to have us listed on the reservation list.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/17/2014Lovely night out for a date. Rec the Scallop dish and delish martini. Server was a little busy and not as personable, but he was overall nice and effective at his job. Oysters app were fantastic and loved my Mahi dish. We were not thrilled where our table of two was located, right behind a wall of wine and felt cramped. Wish we had a better view of the water. Very nice and excellent food and beautiful presentation. The Classic Martini was made perfectly.Special Features:
- Always greatSherriDined on 7/16/2014We have eaten here a few times and the food is always outstanding. Staff is knowledgeable and friendly...Special Features:
- neuroDined on 7/14/2014The food was acceptable and the wait staff pleasant and helpful. It was a bit overpriced.Special Features: