Alebrijes Mexican Bistro
10 West Oak Street
Lodi, CA 95240Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
Alebrijes Mexican Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.alebrijesbistro.com/
- Phone: 2093681831
- Hours of Operation:
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican, Contemporary Mexican
- Executive Chef: Ruben Larrazolo
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, BYO Liquor, Cafe, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Alebrijes Mexican Bistro
Alebrijes Mexican Bistro Lodi is a Gourmet Mexican Restaurant.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Alebrijes Mexican Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
- Great family dining experienceMerlin6323Dined on 7/20/2013The Chile Relleno was OUTSTANDING, and the Margaritas were great. Service was excellent, too. Our waitress was very attentive and we were really impressed with all of the food. I had read some bad reviews on yelp, so we were pleasantly surprised to find the food and service so wonderful. The only weakness we saw was that the sauces, including the salsa, could have had a bit more "kick" and flavor, but the main entrees were all excellent! We had 2 small kids in our party and they were very kid friendly as well. I'll be recommending this restaurant to our family and friends, too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UniqueUniqueDined on 7/19/2013Great place for unique, full of flavor, upscale Mexican food with a great energtic atmosphere and great service. The guacamole is over the top....unlike any you have ever eaten. Love the story about Alebrije. Got to go there. I take all my friendsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous FoodSactokarenVIPDined on 4/16/2013Our party ordered a quite a variety of items and everything was cooked to perfection. My duck breast has a Oaxacan flavor to it and was so tender. The margaritas (by the pitcher) went down so easy and packed a punch. The desserts (flan) was creamy and delicious. Can't wait to try more things on the menu.Special Features:
- The menu was interesting -OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/7/2013The menu was interesting - not your typical mexican fare. Our dinner entrees were good, but the margarita's were horrible and hugely overpriced. The tableside guacamole was just okay - and again way overpriced for the small portion. Overall, it is probably not a place we would go if ever in Lodi again.
- Beautifully decorated andbrunchVIPDined on 4/6/2013Beautifully decorated and a vibrant atmosphere. Menu is great - with dishes you don't often find. Unfortunately, the food was just okay. It lacked kick. The salsa needed more salt and more kick. The shrimp in bacon were over cooked. The salad was way way too vingegary. And the pork cochinitl lacked spice. We were disappointed. We were really hoping this would be a new favorite.Special Features:
- This restaurant is the bestOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/27/2013This restaurant is the best exploration into regional Mexican cuisine in all of the Sacramento valley. I live for mole sauce and theirs is the best. The service was great- very knowlegable of what they are serving. I can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- The food was distinctive andOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/16/2013The food was distinctive and delicious. We had two very different types of Mole! Very good service and nice ambiance. I love the pictures of the brightly painted Oaxacan wood-carvings - Alebrijes! (ask what it means)Special Features:
- Great dinning experience,OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/15/2013Great dinning experience, friendly staff and attentive service. Excellent food choicesSpecial Features:
- Delicious!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/3/2013We went there for an adult Birthday gathering. It was PERFECT!!!Delicious, original recipes!!!Special Features:
- Formerly good restaurant, too bad.globaldinerDined on 2/12/2013Drinks took forever to get, food was cold, and dry,the guacamole had so much other stuff in it we couln't taste the avocado, and the service was terrible. Mother didn't get her stuffed mushroom dinner until we were ready to leave. We were very sorry to see how far down hill this restaurant has gone.
- The pork tenderloin meltedLovelyDined on 2/6/2013The pork tenderloin melted in my mouth. I took two people who had never been to Alebrijes before, and they both loved the food, especially the bacon-wrapped shrimp. Wicked indulgences for sure......loved every bite!Special Features:
- I really like the food selectionLuv2CelebrateDined on 1/12/2013I really like the food selection which is not your typical Mexican food you would find in some many other places. This is an upgrade menu but yet still holds true to Mexican food. More like the fine dining experience! There drinks are amazinging there as well! Try their specialities of the day- you won't be disappointment with food or beverage! Its nice to know that there is still a local "upscale" Mexican restaurant and the special food and drink menu is delicious.Special Features:
- SlippingpeterwgDined on 12/22/2012This was not our first time at this restaurant and had been happy with the food and service previously.This time the food and the service were off.The corn soup was watery and bland and the tortilla soup was salty. The entrees were not as tasty as on previous occasions. We had to ask for silverware and the entrees came before we had our soup half finished. Will give them another try in a couple of months and if things have not changed take them off our list.
- For us girls, having a lateOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/17/2012For us girls, having a late lunch it was our second time there. The food is excellent with a twist on traditional Mexican. Great roasted salsa and fresh chips. Whatever we have tried has been perfect to the "T".Special Features:
- As always, everything wasLovelyDined on 11/30/2012As always, everything was spectacular. Had never tried the guacamole made right at your table before......good grief was it amazing!Special Features:
- Although my server, Kayla,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/10/2012Although my server, Kayla, is my sister, I think she did well and she is trying very hard. She checked on me often and was patient with my indecisiveness. The food was good, a bit cold. Didnt care for the flan more so because of the texture.Special Features:
- Well done, gourmet like MexicanDrBob77VIPDined on 11/3/2012Well done, gourmet like Mexican food with some unusual dishes, ingredients and flavors. Casual but colorful atmosphere. Good prices.Special Features:
- Fabulous!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/13/2012My friends and I really enjoyed our birthday brunch at Alebrijes. The food was sensational and the margaritas delicious. The only complaint I have regarding our experience was that our waitress (who was very sweet and funny!) over charged one of our credit cards by $200, but we all understand that mistakes happen and the owner was very helpful and eager to sort out the issue for my friend. Other than that, it was a great experience and we would definitely come back again.Special Features:
- This is our 3rd time to Alebrijes.OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/8/2012This is our 3rd time to Alebrijes. Unfortunately, this dinner was not all that good.We were not offered any guacamole made tableside. Also, our order was mixed up and our food was cold. Had this been a busy night, but on a Monday, it was pretty slow, for having an incorrect order and cold food. It will be awhile before we go back.This was our anniversary dinner as well.don't like that I don't get dining points through Open Table, either.Special Features:
- Just amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/8/2012Amazing food! The Chef's choice for dinner was wonderful! Our bartender/waiter was wonderful! Explained the many infused tequilas. His choices were my favorites. Thank you for a wonderful evening!Special Features:
- DISAPPOINTED!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/21/2012We had a terrible experience! Had visited the restaurant in 2011 while on vacation. Loved it so much, we returned in Sept., 2012. So disappointing!! Ordered the fresh guac appetizer (made at your table), and entrees. The entrees came before the fresh guac. In fact, we FINISHED our entrees before they came to our table to make the fresh guac! What a joke! At that point, we said it was too late, paid for our meal and left. I sent an email to the restaurant directly with no response! Really??....NO RESPONSE!
- We love, love, love the foodLBS1Dined on 9/14/2012We love, love, love the food here. The only down side is the noise. The bar is close to the dining area and is extremely loud.Special Features:
- Not what they claim to be.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/1/2012Not what I expected from their website or adds. They claim to be a Bistro. What I found was a loud and very tacky place. The food was cold and it took 3 trys to get a chicken taco beans and rice plate correct.
- We appreciate the deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/18/2012We appreciate the delicious food. Our server hovered a bit. There is service, and there is intrusion. I felt like she was rushing us, and even asked if that was the case. If they don't tone down the music a bit, we will not become regulars in spite of our liking much about the restaurant. It certainly is not pleasant dinner music, and makes conversation difficult!! The owners are hospitable and very friendly. The decoration in the dining area is very attractive. Certainly an favorable addition to Lodi dining!!Special Features:
- This is a wonderful restaurant.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/18/2012This is a wonderful restaurant. It has traditional dishes but also many vegetarian options and unusual specialty dishes(rabbit, lamb, duck) as well. The Sangria is excellent. The prices are reasonable. It is, however, a little noisy.Special Features:
- This restaurant sits in anOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/5/2012This restaurant sits in an attractive part of Lodi. As one enters there is a cool bar with colorful homemade drink concoctions. The owner/manager greets everyone with warmth but is not over-the-top or syrupy sweet--which is nice. Our waitresses were Lodi laid back and very nice. What was exceptionally good was the guacamole made at our table. It had so many interesting spices, cheese and flavors added. It was delicious. The chips and salsa were both good. The food was clearly a cut above standard Mexican fare. I had a cheese and pork enchilada and they were both very good. The beans and rice were like other Mexican restaurants but perhaps less heavy and greasy.Special Features:
- although we had a problemOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/4/2012although we had a problem with our wine order and a plate of cold food, the owner/waitress were very quick to correct the problem, no charge for wine and cold food was replaced with new dish and no charge. This is the only time we have had a problem with an order, otherwise the food service is excellent! I apprecite the quick response to our concern and favorable outcome!!Special Features:
- Great food, but just too hot to ea.tokay4Dined on 7/19/2012The food was great. I had the pork tenderloin with bourbon sauce. Very delicious and meat was so tender. The one thing that made our experience very uncomfortable was the fact that they have no air-conditioner. We won't be going back in the summer. Too hot in the restaurant to eat.Special Features:
- Took an out-of-town guestLovelyDined on 7/13/2012Took an out-of-town guest who, when surveying the menu excaimed, "Now THIS is Mexican food!" The presentation, taste and service were top notch. Another marvelous outing at Alebrijes.Special Features:
- While the food was decent,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/9/2012While the food was decent, the service was lacking. It just seemed like they did not have their act together. Not enough menus for the guests to order from, lackluster service, and very poor management of food delivery. We were looking forward to their guacamole prepared at the table. They only had one guacamole tray so ours came after our dinner was served! We probably won't be back.Special Features:
- The bacon-wrapped shrimp isLovelyDined on 7/6/2012The bacon-wrapped shrimp is an absolute must. O my goodness is it delicious!Special Features:
- Mexican Cuisine with passionPharm2TableDined on 7/1/2012Incredible find in downtown Lodi. While the atmosphere is casual and the menu offers all of the "regular" Mexican dishes it is the chefs regional specialties that make Alebrijes worthy of the five stars. Dishes like the pork tenderloin in ancho bourbon sauce and the petite filet mignon with melted cheese and caramelize chipotle onions will please even the most sophisticated of pallets. The mole is traditional Oaxaca style and would make even chef Rick Bayless proud! My personal favorite dish, the Chile Rellenos Monterry, features an Ancho chile stuffed with beef tenderloin, goat cheese , sautéed mushrooms and onions served with a roasted tomatillo-chipotle. This dish stands right up next to Bobby Flays Mesa Grill Chili Relleno.Special Features:
- Unique selections. The StuffedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/25/2012Unique selections. The Stuffed Portabella Mushroom was excellent.
- Love this restaurantFDeaneDined on 6/17/2012This is not your run-of-the-mill Mexican Restaurant. I love all the different sauces that they use so that your meals don't all taste the same. You can tell that everything is made fresh and the presentation is on the gourmet side. This restaurant is worth a try...you will be hooked!Special Features:
- My wife and I visited thisOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/19/2012My wife and I visited this restaurant from out of town. We were in town for the Zinfest. We would highly recommend this restaurant. The food was delicious and the service was fine.Special Features:
- New location, same great foodficimiaDined on 5/12/2012We first tried Alebrijes in its former location which was cramped and usually overflowing with satisfied customers. The new location is much better and the food is as good as ever. Try the Tour of Alebrijes to get a sense of the broad range of very tasty dishes on the menu. The guacamole is exceptionally good and not to be missed. If you like mole, try the superb duck mole. It's like nothing I've tasted before.Special Features:
- Food? YES! Service? NO!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/11/2012Our reservation was for 7 people. Fortunately, only 5 showed up as they had squished 7 chairs into a space designed for 6. Those of us that had our backs to the next table were unable to move our chairs as we would have smashed into the people behind us, which happened to be another large group. Our table had no silverward and napkins and none arrived until we asked a good 45 minutes later while trying to eat our delicious guacamole. Then the server brought paper napkins and threw them on the table. We had to ask for the setups specifically. We were seldom visited by our waitress. Thankfully, the food was delicious. Our 2nd visit and 2nd experience with poor service. The service makes the delicious food not as delicious. Too bad.Special Features:
- Can't say enough good thingsLBS1Dined on 5/11/2012Can't say enough good things about the food here. Always superb. The noise level is a little high so if you're looking for conversation, it could be a little tricky.Special Features:
- Food is sooo yummie, it wasOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/11/2012Food is sooo yummie, it was very busy and the rice was under cooked, & food a little cool... However it was my 5th time there and the food is so good, I wouldn't dare send it back! :) I recommend getting the chefs choice, Ive gotten it every time, and its a surprise when it comes out which adds to the fun.Special Features:
- This delightful restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/11/2012This delightful restaurant is now a Lodi-must for us. The owner and chef, Reuben, is friendly and a superb cook. This is not your average Mexican food--think Julia Child making mole.Special Features: