Ale House - Grand Junction
2531 N 12th St
Grand Junction, CO 81501-8202Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Ale House - Grand Junction
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.breckenridgebrewery.com/food/the-ale-house-grand-junction
- Phone: 9702427253x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Daily: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Comfort Food, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Robery Bradley
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Offered to large groups only (25 to 40) guests.
- Private Party Contact: Brian Oliver 9702427253x
- Entertainment: Live music most Wednesday and Saturday nights.
A word from Ale House - Grand Junction
In the winter of 2004, we opened the Ale House in Grand Junction, Colorado. It is an establishment created to celebrate good food, good drink and good cheer.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Ale House - Grand Junction - Best Restaurants in Grand Junction ›
Ale House - Grand Junction reviews from OpenTable diners
12 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (6)good for groups (5)great for lunch (5)vibrant bar scene (4)neighborhood gem (2)special occasion (2)late-night find (2)hot spot (2)fit for foodies (1)great for brunch (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Good food but no local brewery.MbrewloverDined on 10/21/2014Good service good beer. Good food. Good location n easy to find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but fish way over done!JCoolDined on 8/30/2014My wife had the special of the day which was a shrimp fettuccine. It was very, very good. I had the fish and chips, disappointing to say the least. The fish was on the verge of charred. The first piece was passable but the second was greasy and I had to pick the fish out. The fries were greasy and tasted like they had been sitting and then reheated. We had the Thai chicken skewers which were great and the Carmel pie which is rich and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Looong Wait poor servicesGibbysroseDined on 8/17/201450 minutes before our appetizer arrived and with no bread served it was a long 50 mins with kids, server forgot to put in specifics on our order so when the food eventually came it wasn't correct, we weren't given the option to sit outside when we were seated but noticed a beautiful outdoor dining area when we were leaving, drinks were not refilled, food was ok but obvious that corners are cut when it comes to quality ( thai chicken skewers were like mcnuggets in sauce). Could be a neat place due to a nice ambiance and sports playing on TVs if service was improved.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/15/2014We split the Sherry Spinach Salad and 50/50 Burger. Both meals were fresh and tasty with a nice presentation, much better than your average bar food hence the four stars. Our server was prompt and on top of things. The place was a little dirty, prime example is that as we sat down the bench seats still had crumbs from the last customer. Overall a pleasant surprise after a day hiking around and really ranks between good and very good but I rounded up.
- Average at bestOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/8/2014Not very impressed. We've been to the Denver location and think the food and service is a lot better there.Special Features:
- Nice outdoor settingOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/24/2014Good food, good service. Music outdoors, made a nice evening.Special Features:
- Good beer on tapDiddleDenDined on 7/16/2014The Ale House carries several of Colorado's microbrews on tap. Ironically they were out of the Brew I chose. I was able to find a good substitute. Also I prefer bison over beef in my burger but they were out of that as well. My salad was fresh and green. Next time we are in grand junction we will be going back. The Ale House beats all of those chain restaurants hand down.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 12 reviews are from the Ale House - Grand Junction reviews archive.
- good food, but not very sanitaryTazCatDined on 6/20/2014Ok, I do have a personal issue with servers touching the bare straw with their hands, especially the drinking end! Also server grabbed top/rim of glass when she grabbed it to refill. Otherwise food was good, including pasta and salad.I would recommend this to a friend.
- goodfoodDined on 5/23/2014The food I had was really good. Best fish dinner I have had in Grand Junction. And I loved the Mud Pie (to go) it took me 2 days to eat.Special Features:
- Great food good servicebballyDined on 5/14/2014Great food with good service. Would have been five stars but the bet coolers inside are way to warm. Been a problem for a while. Summer time not a problem as they I've bottled beer outside. If you want micro brews you are still stuck with bad cooling. Food is good. Service is good beer is warm. Great atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Varied menu. Great Service.attymomDined on 5/3/2014My husband could not stop talking about how much he enjoyed our dinner at the Ale House. We were visiting from out of town and chose this restaurant based on its online menu. I wanted a lot of choices. And boy did I get it. My husband ordered the Fish and Chips and they were fantastic. Fish was battered just right and cooked to a flaky inside and crunchy outside. My chicken pot pie and spinach/pecan salad were both excellent. I kept thinking at each bite "Boy, this is good!". Our waiter was excellent, making suggestions when asked and checking in on us despite a large party in his section that took up much of his attention. We'd go back in a heartbeat!Special Features:
- New In TownDJBOZDined on 4/21/2014Recently while on a house hunting trip from Wisconsin, I had the pleasure of checking out this establishment and was quite impressed. I will return to this establishment again once I re-locate. The Bison Meatloaf was outstanding!! as was the Breckenridge Wheat beer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Before Theatre VenueVinceDined on 3/22/2014Perfect place to split entrre before going to a show.....perfect place for after too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Improving???VinceDined on 1/18/2014We have been to The Ale House many times, often with a less than adequate experience usually tied to poor management of service. This time however we arrived early, i.e. 5:30 and beat the crowd. We enjoyed good service and good food before going to the Rockestra concert @ CMU. As we finished our meal, a 24-top business function showed up which our server manned solo. It didn't affect us, but so sad for the other 2-tops he was serving. Here is were my question of management comes in. Just the same we'll be back, especially when their great patio is open again in the spring!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sports BarCJfromCODined on 10/27/2013With two football games being broadcast on their big screen TVs, the crowd around the bar was way, way too loud. It was annoying. Would not go back. Food was not memorable.Special Features:
- good beerOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/13/2013Our food was overcooked. Ribs were tough. Chicken sandwich bun stale. Sweet potato fries not hot or fresh. Beer was good. Lots of choices.
- Beer jointOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/27/2013If you're a beer connoiseur, this is your place. The menu descriptions give the appearance of a better than average restaurant, but not so. You will find lesser quantities, poor seasoning (my chicken pot pie was all sage and canned under a tasteless flake top), and no sense of a chef putting effort in the kitchen. I'm not a prude, but the waitress was heavily tattoo'd and pierced, adding to the tastelessness of the restaurant. I'd go for lunch or an afterwork beer or wine on the patio.Special Features:
- Great beer menu & good pubmorandcVIPDined on 5/23/2013Great beer menu & good pub grub. Bustling place any day of the week. Super fish tacos.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great casual dining in GrandmorandcVIPDined on 12/28/2012Great casual dining in Grand Junction. Very good service in a very crowded & hoping place. Food was very good, especially the fish taco's. Portions are very generous & prices are reasonable. Great beer selection, as you would expect.Special Features: