Ale House @ Amato's
2501 16th Street
Denver, CO 80211Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Ale House @ Amato's
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.alehousedenver.com/
- Phone: 3034339734
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 5:00pm, Saturday - Sunday: 10:00am - 5:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Orlando Edwards
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The Amato Room seats up to 40 people for a private dining experience. We welcome business lunches, wedding parties, birthdays, holiday parties, and any special occasions. Call to speak with our events director for more information.
- Private Party Contact: Seth Anstadt 3034339734
A word from Ale House @ Amato's
Our latest addition to the Breckenridge Brewery family of brewpubs and ale houses is located in the hip Lower Highlands district of Denver. The Ale House takes our mantra of “Good Food, Good Drink and Good Cheer” to its highest level yet. Come feast on handcrafted fare, explore Colorado’s best craft beers, sip on a fantastic glass of wine or a killer cocktail.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Ale House @ Amato's - Best Restaurants in Highlands ›
Ale House @ Amato's reviews from OpenTable diners
78 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (46)scenic view (42)good for groups (35)neighborhood gem (22)vibrant bar scene (22)great for lunch (19)hot spot (17)fit for foodies (16)late-night find (12)great for brunch (11)kid-friendly (8)special occasion (5)romantic (4)notable wine list (2)Show More
- Frustrating!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014We had a reservation for a large group for a wedding party and we waited for nearly 50 minutes after our reserved time for a table. They Provided us with complimentary apps and drinks but due to the lateness the evening plans were affected!
- Ale House is ok, just ok!grendelVIPDined on 9/7/2014The ambience of this restaurant suggests a college bar--very noisy with loud music pulsating. Not my idea of a relaxing evening of dining, but each to his own. The artichoke dip was outstanding and my chicken breast with fresh mozzarella was fine. But I felt as though I could have had the same experience at many other places. Our server was quite pleasant and available. We had been there for lunch another day and the salads were spectacular! So my suggestion would be to go at lunch and hum along with the music and try to ignore the folk next to you yelling and screaming! My husband did enjoy his dinner. A bacon/peanut butter and jelly sandwich!Special Features:
- Delish brunch!jennilynne54Dined on 8/31/2014My husband and I went for brunch and the food was delicious! Definitely recommend getting there early so you can score a side patio seat on the rooftop. The view of downtown is great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice addition to for Breck BreweryMH60VIPDined on 8/30/2014The Ale House at Amato's starts with an excellent location in HiLo and wonderful views of downtown Denver. As you'd expect with a Breckenridge Brewery restaurant, the on-tap beer selections are exceptional (and reasonably priced) plus they have plenty of interesting cocktails and an extensive wine list. The food is not your typical pub fare and was very good. Our waiter was very up beat and honest about selections. We will definitely return.Special Features:
- Fun placeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/30/2014We have been here for dinner and lunch, great staff, good set up and good food.Special Features:
- Horrible service is an understatemNOTGOODATALLDined on 8/30/2014We came in with a huge party, stayed in the upstairs bar, ran a huge tab. To make it easy, I told the bartender one tab and paid cash. I told him to run my card for the tip and instead he kept the cash, ran my card for the entire tab. SLEEEEEZY MAN! Took a week to get the money back in my account.Special Features:
- Something was off this time.MonkeyMattyVIPDined on 8/23/2014We have been a few times before and it has been great. We had the Lohi salad which is seared ahi tuna over a bed of greens, there was hardly any greens and the tuna was sliced so thick it was hard to get down. I had this last time and fell in love with it but this time the delivery just was not there. My partner had the steak salad which was full of greens and a nicely cooked steak however there was a lot of unchewable grizzle. As I said before, it was better the other times and yes we will probably return but I hope it is not like this experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So Impressed!ARreviewsDined on 8/17/2014We went to Ale House at Amato's for my husband's birthday. Granted it was a Sunday night, but our group of 10 got seated right away even though I had originally made the reservation for 8. It took a little bit to get service and I think a different waiter took our table because we couldn't find the waiter we were supposed to have. Our "replacement waiter" was GREAT. He was very personable and knowledgeable about the menu and did separate checks for everyone which I'm sure was a pain. The food was very good and they have unique offerings. Everything came out quickly, correctly, and was delicious! We will definitely be back again in the future. *Note there is only free valet on Friday and Saturday but they forget to bring in the sign.Special Features:
- Greeters/Wait Staff Needs TrainingMLynnSDined on 8/16/20145 people at the check-in podium when we arrived for our reservation. Not greeted for several minutes. Then told to sit wherever we like (we had a res for 8). Our party did not all arrive at the same time, so 1/2 of them were seated elsewhere in the restaurant. We wouldn't have figured that out, except for text messaging after 20 min of thinking they weren't there yet. Waiters confused about who was helping our table. Bar confused about how to make a HOT Toddy (sent over an ice-cold Toddy). Wow! Food was average at best. I wouldn't choose this place again.
- Definitely for the beer connoisseurDining4foodDined on 8/8/2014Selection of beers was excellent. Ambiance good but noisy enough that difficult to talk at booth. Food decent but not exceptional. Nice location.Special Features:
- Great eveningSushiL0versVIPDined on 8/8/2014We enjoyed food service and location! Valet parking available a plus, nice views and reservations accepted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedAdrianeatsDined on 8/2/2014Seemed like it would have been more fun but it was dead on a Saturday night--not the atmosphere my party was looking for.
- Good service, ok food.mkmkDined on 8/1/2014I had the fish n chips which, were a bit greasy. When I mentioned it to the server, he comped me a beer, which was acceptable recompense. The deep fried brownie was fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ElaineDined on 7/20/2014Been to Ale House 3 times previous and LOVED it ! Waiter got orders messed up, but food ws greatSpecial Features:
- A Great SpotFoodie88Dined on 7/18/2014Ale House is one of my favorite local spots. The restaurant is vibrant and buzzing every night of the week. The views of Downtown are amazing. Everything on the the menu is good but I reccoment the pretzel rolls with beer cheese soup for dipping. I'd reccomend this spot to anyone who is new in town!Special Features:
- Went for after dinner drinks...KatelynDined on 7/12/2014Went for after dinner drinks with my bf and another couple, ended up staying for 2-3 hours we had so much fun. We didn't eat, as we'd just eaten elsewhere, so that's the only reason I gave them 3 stars and not more. The food LOOKED great! I was told the view at Ale House and the drink menu were a "must see", and they were spot on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great late night dinnersgholtDined on 7/10/2014Service was great. Nice outdoor atmosphere. . Good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food vs. ViewOttie12Dined on 7/6/2014This is a great place to have a drink and enjoy the view, but don't go there for the food. It's not that it's awful, just very average bar food. The good news is that when all the excellent Highlands restaurants are booked you can probably get right in, and are likely to get a table by the window or on the patio. This is such a fantastic location it's disappointing that the food could not be something more special.Special Features:
- Good foodJava1Dined on 7/1/2014This was a good place to eat. They take reservations and we were seated on time. The food here is pretty good. High end bar food and a few other things. Great selection of beer!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/1/2014T.he staff was very attentive and the food was freshSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Crowded but deliciousalibeeDined on 6/27/2014We went on a Friday night - luckily we had reservations. The places was packed. Apparently there were a lot of large parties eating there that night, so the staff was constantly moving table and chairs from table to table. It got to crowded in our seating area that at one point we were blocked in my other tables, staff, and patrons. Amid the chaos though was excellent food! The pretzel roll appetizer was fantastic and our main meals were very flavorful. I'll be back, but maybe not on a Friday night.Special Features:
- Great Find!hungryDined on 6/16/2014I just stumbled upon this place. Great beer, great food, and you have a great view of downtown denver from the outdoor patio. Plus the surrounding resturarunts and shops have a great vibe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice food, great moscow rule 8Luv2DineDined on 6/15/2014Its a nice place for evening dinner with friends on the roof top. Nice service and food is good. Loved drink menu too. Loved moscow mule or they call it moscow rule 8Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- beer selectionoutdoordinerDined on 6/15/2014The draft beer selection was great. I especially liked the dark nitro drafts that included two porters. We enjoyed sitting on the roof top deck. Fish and chips were on the menu. But, the fish and chips were just average compared to other restaurants as were the other menu items we ordered.Special Features:
- Perfect father's day brunchaudreySDined on 6/15/2014We had a group of 11 here on Mother's day, and enjoyed it so much we came back for Father's day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Place-Menu a bit dissapointingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/14/2014I tried this place with a group of 12 for a birthday party. The food was good, but I was expecting a few more meal choices on the menu. The ambience was good, but it was not as modern as I expected it to be. It does look like they have a great rooftop though. Service was ok, the waitress seemed a little confused at some points with who ordered what food/drinks. Also som of the beers were "sold out" I get that sometimes you're going to run out of things, but you're an Ale House so it should never be the beer and if you run out, you should take them off the menu. One of the parties in my group tried to order 2 types of beer and both types werent available. Some menus were marked w/ a sold out sticker but his was not...a bit disappointingSpecial Features:
- Good timesOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/9/2014Love the outdoor rooftop bar. Stopped by for happy hour and had the caprese flatbread and parmesan fries. Nothing spectacular. The fries could've been cooked longer. Still sort of hard inside. Service was good and the ambience was great. Also have a great selection of beers.Special Features:
- Great place for relaxed work dinnerjmlebererDined on 6/2/2014Brought my team of 9 in on a Monday and figured it would be dead, not the case which was awesome. We had a great dinner, everyone had a different beer and the food was delicious. What more could I ask for?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/25/2014I was in Denver to get together with old friends and decided to go downtown. The place we tried to get into couldn't accomodate 6 of us at the last minute. We had an earlier drink at the Ale House and decided to go back for dinner. When I called, they found a way for us to get in without a reservation and put us in a room with lower noise so we could talk. Great food and service. Will definitely be back when in Denver.Special Features:
- The Wonderful Ale House @ Amato'sAllAboutMeDined on 5/22/2014Each microbrew is phenomenal! Wonderful flavors and served nice and cold. The restaurant scene is vibrant and very much alive. We always enjoy our visit and we look forward to our next visit.Special Features:
- The following 86 reviews are from the Ale House @ Amato's reviews archive.
- Continually goodEdwardDined on 5/19/2014I've been to Amato's enough times that it's hard to pick out one particular good occasion or food. But the beer list is always stocked with good options. And the burger is exceptional.Special Features:
- Great all around!ElDavoDined on 5/11/2014Our first time and we will certainly be back. Shockingly good for kids. Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Daytravelinfool2Dined on 5/11/2014My family and I visited Ale House @ Amato's for the first time on Mother's Day. We all thoroughly enjoyed the server (don't recall his name) and definitely the view. The food was excellent as well. Our server was excellent, very courteous, knowledgeable on wine/beer and of course the menu. He was also very attentive to our needs but not overzealous. Which was greatly appreciated!! The end of our meal came and we never felt pressured to leave. Also greatly appreciated!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ChrisDined on 5/11/2014Great meal and Mothers' Day dining. Everything was very good, but we sure miss the Bison Meatloaf that used to be on the menu. The Turkey meatloaf doesn't compare. Wish they'd bring it back! Gret time, thanks!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mothers Day BrunchaudreySDined on 5/11/2014Our group of 10 returned to Ale House for the 2nd year in a row, and had a fabulous time! Everyone raved about the food, the large mimosas and bloody marys were also fantastic. Our server handled our group with a smile, and treated the 4 mothers to a chocolate strawberry at the end. We came early (10:30 am) and it was fairly quiet in the dining room, which we enjoyed. This is definitely a top spot for our group!Special Features:
- More than a brew pubDaveDined on 5/7/2014This was my 3rd time at Amato's and each was great! This time we sat in the bar, view of downtown skyline was great. The staff is enthusiastic and customer-centered, the food is very interesting and prepared very well, the service is attentive without being cloying, and the ambiance is very energetic. The beer selection is really good, this time I ordered a Left Hand Nitro Milk Stout and was not disappointed. The sweet potato fries are great, lobster bisque was good as usual, and you get a great choice of fare from light to rich. I'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/2/2014I love bringing friends in from out of town to this restaurant. We always experience great service and we love the food!Special Features:
- Patio View is Great for GuestsalibeeDined on 4/26/2014I took a large group of 10 people here for brunch and we sat on their outside patio on the second floor and had a fantastic view of the city. The food was great; although my french toast portion was too small for me, other people got burgers with eggs and breakfast BLTs that were more satisfying. The service was a bit slow to warm up, but we did get there right at 10am when they opened so we could get the seating that we wanted. Parking was a breeze that time of day. Everyone seemed to really enjoy it.Special Features:
- Had an Excellent experienceAndrewDined on 4/11/2014Had an Excellent experience At Ale House. Great Service And Food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- couldnt enjoyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/11/2014The food was good, but our waiter was not. It took a long time for someone to come to our table and when he finally did it took another long time to get our beers. poor multi-tasking skills and he wasn't very friendly either. Another waitress even stopped by to ask "have you guys even been helped yet" He dropped off our beers but couldn't take our app order. It took a long time for the check to come too. Frustrating dining here as it took over an hour to get there with the traffic and we just wanted a couple beers to relax.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.