Ale House @ Amato's
2501 16th Street
Denver, CO 80211Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Ale House @ Amato's
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.alehousedenver.com/
- Phone: (303) 433-9734
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 5:00pm, Saturday - Sunday: 10:00am - 5:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Orlando Edwards
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The Amato Room seats up to 40 people for a private dining experience. We welcome business lunches, wedding parties, birthdays, holiday parties, and any special occasions. Call to speak with our events director for more information.
- Private Party Contact: Seth Anstadt 3034339734
A word from Ale House @ Amato's
Our latest addition to the Breckenridge Brewery family of brewpubs and ale houses is located in the hip Lower Highlands district of Denver. The Ale House takes our mantra of “Good Food, Good Drink and Good Cheer” to its highest level yet. Come feast on handcrafted fare, explore Colorado’s best craft beers, sip on a fantastic glass of wine or a killer cocktail.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Ale House @ Amato's - Best Restaurants in Highlands ›
Ale House @ Amato's reviews from OpenTable diners
77 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (45)great for outdoor dining (42)good for groups (31)neighborhood gem (30)vibrant bar scene (25)hot spot (24)great for lunch (20)fit for foodies (18)late-night find (13)great for brunch (8)special occasion (7)romantic (5)kid-friendly (5)notable wine list (2)Show More
- Love itAmperDined on 11/20/2014Always have a good time the bartenders are great. They have unique apps peanut butter bacon wrapped poppers are killerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/6/2014They have changed the menu...they use to have a fabulous Italian chopped salad that is no longer on the menu. We also wanted the peanut butter stuff jalapenos, but they were not available for lunch. The poeple I was with enjoyed their lunch. I picked a grilled cheese and it was all bread..you could not taste the cheese.Special Features:
- Better than most bar food!vvs123VIPDined on 11/4/2014Pretty standard fare, but good quality. Fresh ingredients. If you're in that neighborhood, recommended.Special Features:
- Great BrunchDenverfoodieDined on 11/2/2014First time in for brunch and I had the open face ham and cheese sandwhich, it was wonderful!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restarted and EnjoyedHypeDined on 10/26/2014The evening started out a little rough - not the fault of the restaurant, but I believe mgmt could have and should have taken control and resolved the situation sooner. The table next to us had obviously been there awhile and had been drinking quite a bit, very loud and disturbing all surrounding tables. Even though a table was opening up, we were unable to move to another outdoor table. We ended up moving inside. The wait staff could not be more than accommodating and our waiter really went above and beyond. Food was great!Special Features:
- 1st TimerFACfriendsDined on 10/24/2014This was our first time at the Ale House. We had a great time and our food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Almost perfect.pickyeaterDined on 10/17/2014Great food, service, and atmosphere. I loved the pretzels with mustard.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Roof Top Best View!CatherineVIPDined on 10/15/2014Great Roof Top dining with views of downtown.....yeah!!Special Features:
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/3/2014Always a hit with anyone I take there! We all made sure to order something different, then we shared. Nothing like rotating plates with some friends. Everything was good. Tried some new flavors.Special Features:
- High energy Friday eveningLukemcgDined on 10/3/2014Four of us met for dinner, baseball playoffs and craft beer drinking. The selection of draft beer is strong and not "mainstream." There were tons of people, high energy and high volume. The steak and garlic-mashed potatoes were great. While we had a reservation to sit in the dining room, a table opened up earlier in the bar and we chose to sit there to better see the Royals beat the A's on Friday night.Special Features:
- Great views and food, ok service.RebRumDined on 10/3/2014Love the various seating options - patio, dining, bar and rooftop. Menu was creative, but could add a couple more items. Extremely noisy and hard to hear others in my group of 6 while sitting in the dining area. When we received our food I received an entrée that I didn't order. The server apologized but by the time it came out my other guests already finished. There was no acknowledgement of what happened and nothing was offered in lieu of the servers/restaurants mistake. Bar was crowded and looked vibrant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday nightElsaDined on 9/27/2014We walked in early for our reservation and had no problem getting a seat. Server had excellent suggestions in beer, and the special was delicious. Definitely not typical bar food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good placeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/26/2014Small portions. Loud patio. Great food and beer. Okay sangria. Great location. Easy walk to/from 16th street mall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sausage plate stinksLiz4foodDined on 9/20/2014I have been here in the past and everything was great, food and service included. This visit I shared the sausage plate and it was terrible. The service want that great either. It was awesome sitting on the upstairs patio though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- first timerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014The food was outstanding and the server was incredibly helpful with beer recommendations, food and continued to be attentive. The noise level of the music was very loud...unnecessary...made conversation less enjoyable. Overall, we loved the place!and the ample outdoor seatingSpecial Features:
- Frustrating!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014We had a reservation for a large group for a wedding party and we waited for nearly 50 minutes after our reserved time for a table. They Provided us with complimentary apps and drinks but due to the lateness the evening plans were affected!
- Ale House is ok, just ok!grendelVIPDined on 9/7/2014The ambience of this restaurant suggests a college bar--very noisy with loud music pulsating. Not my idea of a relaxing evening of dining, but each to his own. The artichoke dip was outstanding and my chicken breast with fresh mozzarella was fine. But I felt as though I could have had the same experience at many other places. Our server was quite pleasant and available. We had been there for lunch another day and the salads were spectacular! So my suggestion would be to go at lunch and hum along with the music and try to ignore the folk next to you yelling and screaming! My husband did enjoy his dinner. A bacon/peanut butter and jelly sandwich!Special Features:
- Delish brunch!jennilynne54Dined on 8/31/2014My husband and I went for brunch and the food was delicious! Definitely recommend getting there early so you can score a side patio seat on the rooftop. The view of downtown is great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice addition to for Breck BreweryMH60VIPDined on 8/30/2014The Ale House at Amato's starts with an excellent location in HiLo and wonderful views of downtown Denver. As you'd expect with a Breckenridge Brewery restaurant, the on-tap beer selections are exceptional (and reasonably priced) plus they have plenty of interesting cocktails and an extensive wine list. The food is not your typical pub fare and was very good. Our waiter was very up beat and honest about selections. We will definitely return.Special Features:
- Fun placeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/30/2014We have been here for dinner and lunch, great staff, good set up and good food.Special Features:
- Horrible service is an understatemNOTGOODATALLDined on 8/30/2014We came in with a huge party, stayed in the upstairs bar, ran a huge tab. To make it easy, I told the bartender one tab and paid cash. I told him to run my card for the tip and instead he kept the cash, ran my card for the entire tab. SLEEEEEZY MAN! Took a week to get the money back in my account.Special Features:
- Something was off this time.MonkeyMattyVIPDined on 8/23/2014We have been a few times before and it has been great. We had the Lohi salad which is seared ahi tuna over a bed of greens, there was hardly any greens and the tuna was sliced so thick it was hard to get down. I had this last time and fell in love with it but this time the delivery just was not there. My partner had the steak salad which was full of greens and a nicely cooked steak however there was a lot of unchewable grizzle. As I said before, it was better the other times and yes we will probably return but I hope it is not like this experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So Impressed!ARreviewsDined on 8/17/2014We went to Ale House at Amato's for my husband's birthday. Granted it was a Sunday night, but our group of 10 got seated right away even though I had originally made the reservation for 8. It took a little bit to get service and I think a different waiter took our table because we couldn't find the waiter we were supposed to have. Our "replacement waiter" was GREAT. He was very personable and knowledgeable about the menu and did separate checks for everyone which I'm sure was a pain. The food was very good and they have unique offerings. Everything came out quickly, correctly, and was delicious! We will definitely be back again in the future. *Note there is only free valet on Friday and Saturday but they forget to bring in the sign.Special Features:
- Greeters/Wait Staff Needs TrainingMLynnSDined on 8/16/20145 people at the check-in podium when we arrived for our reservation. Not greeted for several minutes. Then told to sit wherever we like (we had a res for 8). Our party did not all arrive at the same time, so 1/2 of them were seated elsewhere in the restaurant. We wouldn't have figured that out, except for text messaging after 20 min of thinking they weren't there yet. Waiters confused about who was helping our table. Bar confused about how to make a HOT Toddy (sent over an ice-cold Toddy). Wow! Food was average at best. I wouldn't choose this place again.
- Definitely for the beer connoisseurDining4foodDined on 8/8/2014Selection of beers was excellent. Ambiance good but noisy enough that difficult to talk at booth. Food decent but not exceptional. Nice location.Special Features:
- Great eveningSushiL0versVIPDined on 8/8/2014We enjoyed food service and location! Valet parking available a plus, nice views and reservations accepted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedAdrianeatsDined on 8/2/2014Seemed like it would have been more fun but it was dead on a Saturday night--not the atmosphere my party was looking for.
- Good service, ok food.mkmkDined on 8/1/2014I had the fish n chips which, were a bit greasy. When I mentioned it to the server, he comped me a beer, which was acceptable recompense. The deep fried brownie was fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 104 reviews are from the Ale House @ Amato's reviews archive.
- ElaineDined on 7/20/2014Been to Ale House 3 times previous and LOVED it ! Waiter got orders messed up, but food ws greatSpecial Features:
- A Great SpotFoodie88Dined on 7/18/2014Ale House is one of my favorite local spots. The restaurant is vibrant and buzzing every night of the week. The views of Downtown are amazing. Everything on the the menu is good but I reccoment the pretzel rolls with beer cheese soup for dipping. I'd reccomend this spot to anyone who is new in town!Special Features:
- Went for after dinner drinks...KatelynDined on 7/12/2014Went for after dinner drinks with my bf and another couple, ended up staying for 2-3 hours we had so much fun. We didn't eat, as we'd just eaten elsewhere, so that's the only reason I gave them 3 stars and not more. The food LOOKED great! I was told the view at Ale House and the drink menu were a "must see", and they were spot on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great late night dinnersgholtDined on 7/10/2014Service was great. Nice outdoor atmosphere. . Good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food vs. ViewOttie12Dined on 7/6/2014This is a great place to have a drink and enjoy the view, but don't go there for the food. It's not that it's awful, just very average bar food. The good news is that when all the excellent Highlands restaurants are booked you can probably get right in, and are likely to get a table by the window or on the patio. This is such a fantastic location it's disappointing that the food could not be something more special.Special Features:
- Good foodJava1Dined on 7/1/2014This was a good place to eat. They take reservations and we were seated on time. The food here is pretty good. High end bar food and a few other things. Great selection of beer!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/1/2014T.he staff was very attentive and the food was freshSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Crowded but deliciousalibeeDined on 6/27/2014We went on a Friday night - luckily we had reservations. The places was packed. Apparently there were a lot of large parties eating there that night, so the staff was constantly moving table and chairs from table to table. It got to crowded in our seating area that at one point we were blocked in my other tables, staff, and patrons. Amid the chaos though was excellent food! The pretzel roll appetizer was fantastic and our main meals were very flavorful. I'll be back, but maybe not on a Friday night.Special Features:
- Great for GroupsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/21/2014We had a great experience - they were very accommodating to our obscure needs. Food and drinks were great! We will absolutely be back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Find!hungryDined on 6/16/2014I just stumbled upon this place. Great beer, great food, and you have a great view of downtown denver from the outdoor patio. Plus the surrounding resturarunts and shops have a great vibe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice food, great moscow rule 8Luv2DineDined on 6/15/2014Its a nice place for evening dinner with friends on the roof top. Nice service and food is good. Loved drink menu too. Loved moscow mule or they call it moscow rule 8Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- beer selectionoutdoordinerDined on 6/15/2014The draft beer selection was great. I especially liked the dark nitro drafts that included two porters. We enjoyed sitting on the roof top deck. Fish and chips were on the menu. But, the fish and chips were just average compared to other restaurants as were the other menu items we ordered.Special Features: