Alchemy - Daniel Island
245 Seven Farms Dr
Charleston, SC 29492Neighborhood:
Gastro PubPrice: $30 and under
Alchemy - Daniel Island
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.alchemycharleston.com/
- Phone: 8432163903
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 10:00pm; Sunday Brunch
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Fusion / Eclectic, Gastro Pub
- Executive Chef: Dan Israel
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Please contact us for a current catering menu, we can accommodate any size and work with any budget to make your next event a success.
- Private Party Facilities: We are available for buy-outs or private parties.
- Private Party Contact: Brad Binko 8432163903
A word from Alchemy - Daniel Island
Serving you a fresh local menu with a southern and international flare. Set in a relaxed atmosphere we feature 16 craft beers on tap, fine wines, signature drinks. Pool tables, dart boards, and arcade games. Large outside patio with weekend entertainment.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Alchemy - Daniel Island reviews from OpenTable diners
- not worth the waitbnlfanDined on 7/27/2013We arrived an hour and ten minutes before a concert and were looking for a quick bite, we barely had time to eat before we had to leave. It took over 45 minutes to get our food and all we ordered was a medium bacon burger (which arrived sans bacon) and a chicken sandwich. The edamame hummus appetizer we had while we waited was super bland. The only thing positive about the place was the friendly hostess (who was only on her second day) and a decent beer selection.
- Yummy LunchMattandDavidDined on 6/7/2013The food was very well prepared with great fusion of southern comfort food and french class. Very tasty with great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent FoodScgirlVIPDined on 5/25/2013The food and service were excellent at Alchemy. Our waiter was very helpful with menu items and very personable. The upscale food and the interior don't really match. Our group would have liked to eat outside and enjoy the live music that was playing but the seating really only allows for parties of two with very small tables. I think this restaurant would be a real contender if they put a little money and effort in the interior design and décor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Alchemy - Not What I ExpectedtherickerDined on 5/25/2013I had been to the Irish Pub/restaurant that used to be in this location. It's convenient to Charleston Battery (soccer) games and we like to dine there occasionally before games. I had heard the place changed hands (to Alchemy) and checked it out online. Reservations were recommended and a business casual dress code was noted. However, upon arriving at Alchemy, the place was pretty empty and appeared to have changed to an "extremely casual" place. Booths had been replaced with a pool table and dart board area. I was totally shocked and overdressed. The foursome we had there decided to go ahead and eat there and see what happens. We were very pleased with the quality and taste of the food we had. We will go back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was not exactly whatOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/12/2013This was not exactly what I was expecting yet the service was good and the food was average. We will return but probably for burgers at lunch or late afternoon.Special Features:
- Food was good and our waiterOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/12/2013Food was good and our waiter did the best he could. The issue my wife and I had is trying to figure out if the owners wanted to be a sports bar or a restaurant. The menu tried to be upscale, but the ambiance screamed sports bar. While the food was good, the menu is quite limited in its selections.
- You walk in thinking "bar"drh0214VIPDined on 4/5/2013You walk in thinking "bar" but when you receive your food you think "wow". Limited menu but creative entrees, try the shrimp and chorizo sausage served over grit cakes....wonderful!Special Features:
- Alchemy was in the processOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/30/2013Alchemy was in the process of changing the restaurant around a bit while we were there for lunch. For one, there was hammering going on. We have been to Alchemy many times in the last month. Especially since I have been having family come visit, I take them there because the food is amazing. We didn't know the different menu for lunch, didn't like that we couldn't substitute our sides with something other than salad. On top of that, when making a reservation on OpenAir they served complimentary champagne which they stopped doing within the past week. That was one of the things that we loved about Alchemy. It's still a great place it's just not the place I fell in love with.
- The food was delicious, weOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/29/2013The food was delicious, we had the shrimp and grits and turkey,bacon,brie sandwich, however, the decor and service were poor. We had out children with us and they were unable to do anything off menu continually stating that everything was made to order. The decor was shabby bar stuffs and not really a gastropub atmosphere like advertised. They also only had 1 local brew on tap out of 16, not really a local pub in my opinion.Special Features:
- Loud!LongtimeMemberDined on 3/28/2013We've eaten at Alchemy several times and enjoyed very good food & wine in a cozy setting. Remodeling is underway; a crew nailed up a new fixture directly behind my husband while we were eating at 7:00 pm. The music was extremely loud with customers yelling over it. The menu has changed to mostly sandwiches and bar food. In the past, Alchemy had a nice wine list, but our waitress said many wines were no longer offered. (At least some of the wines we liked were still available.) We were disappointed in the changes.
- Amazing! Recommend to everyone!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/3/2013This is the 2nd time we have been here. The first time we went, we were just so impressed we had to take some friends with us (3 days later)!! The environment, the staff, the prices, and the food is all great. I would recommend this place to anyone. I already have my next trip planned to go there. All of their produces are fresh and the place is very clean. I have not been able to stop bragging to people about this place since!Special Features:
- had a really nice time, musicOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/2/2013had a really nice time, music was a bit loud, but we were sitting next to the speaker. food was geat and Jonathan was an excellent waiterSpecial Features:
- Alchemy is awesomeMurryVIPDined on 2/24/2013This is a place that the crowds have yet to uncover, but when they do, the secret is out. What a great restaurant with great service and outstanding food. We love this place and wish only the best for this business.Special Features: